• 24,463 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by noitbe1
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry for The question as it might have been an answer in this thread, but is a widebody pinball machine?
Thanks

Yes

#3012 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Will heighway pinball only product widebody machines?
I'm a bit desappointed that 2 news producters are taking that way ( just my taste to prefer standard size)

From what I've heard they want them to be the same size so people can switch out playfields/games

4 weeks later
#4001 3 years ago

Meh. Never can tell till real life but this is a little better then when GoT art cam out for me.

#4007 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

hope they have a populated playfield to show sometime soon. It looks good so far again not mind blowing but good.

Yeah i hope all the other stuff jazzes it up a bunch. There's probably a lot of pieces that are fitting in the missing areas that could chance everything. For now...it's just so barren...so blah overall. I don't like it or hate it, I have no feeling toward it.

Just looked back at the closeups of the inserts that look pretty cool but really small...hard to tell.

#4214 3 years ago

It's a design choice for sure. I think you can go subtle or way over the top. I think if you saw a bunch of aliens on there running around or riding on top of inserts you'd be way more WTF. Plus again, have no idea what the plastics hold.

#4324 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

It would be a bummer if Stern gets Sigourney Weaver for Ghost Busters and can't be obtained for Alien.

Hey, what if Stern can't get her for that either?

Quoted from zeddex:

other than perhaps Weaver is generally OK with image licensing.

maxresdefault_(resized).jpg

Sure, pay them enough and they'll all agee

#4333 3 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

personal philosophies against merchandising themselves.

Sure sure sure except we're talking aboot someone whom's got a goddamn action figure right above us.
And her, at least her charcters likeness, used on the super secret leaked long ago GB

#4338 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This game is going to be about the atmosphere and nothing will ruin that.

Let's add in some 5.1 outputs then!

#4375 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I've never played the Avatar pin....

Then you have won pinball!

#4429 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

They're going to focus on the owls

Super immersive!

(LE ships with a feather boa)

3 weeks later
#4632 3 years ago

Uff nothing from that piece of shit Prometheus please.

#4634 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, nothing but Charlize.

Touche`

#4637 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You know...I didn't like it the first time I saw it in the theatre. At home in 3D...I'm warming up to it.

I watched it again at home and it pissed me off even more
BUT I haven't seen the directors cut...is that what you watched? Because I heard that fills in a lot of stuff that the theatrical version didn't have.

#4641 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't get the hate for it myself. Is it because it didn't live up to the hype? It couldn't have been worse than the last few Alien movies (AvP 1 and 2, Alien 4).

I wouldn't call AVP Alien movies for me, just cheep horror/video game stuff. Alien 4 was horrendous no doubt.

As for the hype, well that was the original issue as they tried to anti hype it at first which rubbed people the wrong way.
The whole thing was a mess to be honest. Wasn't cohesive in the least, felt like large gaps were missing, incomplete characters that do and say nothing THE ENTIRE movie, or turn in to zombies for a second. Weird daddy issues that lead to an hugely dramatic moment when you find out SPOILERS that Weyland Smithers was her dad that everyone figured out in the first 8 minutes...etc etc. All culminating in the "turn left dummy" finale`....just a disaster.
IMO anyway, we all like diff'rent things.

EDIT: I mean it reeked of Lindelof, and not Scott; sad.

#4643 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't want to get all Democratic, but Prometheus had the best abortion scene ever put to film.

The entire thing was an abortion, that was just the 2nd best part of it. I wonder what the level of dislike for this flick would be if it didn't have David in it. I mean that's the one real saving grace of the movie.

#4646 3 years ago

This old chestnut is all I ever needed

PL_(resized).jpg

#4650 3 years ago

. What exactly is the complaint most people had with it?

Some people don't get impressed by movies that simply don't suck as bad as other movies. Also, good special effects don't mean anything....I only notice bad ones these days

#4662 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I know we all love alien for the sci-fi elements, but lets not forget that the first movie is more about horror than it is about science. *

No, it's aboot space unions and the little guy getting a full share just like management.

Well and space dongs

#4663 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Nothing vague about that, a little more please?

I dont know what else you need me to expand on. You said it wasn't as bad as some other things these days which doesn't make it any better to me. Also sayin a movie has cool effects doesn't make it any better to me either....we're pretty much to the point we're sfx are so good across the board I rarely get blown away by them...I notice the crappy ones more.

#4671 3 years ago

Oh wow you're right...I thought I heard there was...wonder if they were wicking something put together

#4694 3 years ago

I wonder which way this is going to go.

#4705 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

They are just going to show some clearcoated playfields, right? There was no talk about populated playfields earlier in the thread.

Oh right...that might be a little bit of a letdown.

#4709 3 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Well let me down already....wait for it ....wait for it....

Don't worry, we'll all be let down shortly.

#4721 3 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Too bad one of them is damaged near the right sling.

You can get a back up for low price!

#4863 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Couple more....

star_knight_(resized).jpgdemon_donkey_(resized).jpg

Demon Donkey...nice

#4879 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

As long as it's Ridley Scott directing, I'm onboard with all three. Lets just hope he picks some good writers for these...

No goddamn Lindelof! I guess I'm OK with Ridley...hasn't impressed me in decades but I guess it's better than getting JJ or the Fast & Furious guy.

#4883 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They were better than Prometheus at least.

Tough call...I mean I would certain(t)ly rather watch 1 Prometheus than all 3 for sure, but 1 on 1 I don't know.
Of course it sounds like he actually wants to make the Aliens movies...which is a big diff'rence.

2 weeks later
#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm sure he's cutting back due to not wanting to seem biased;

2 weeks later
#5267 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe the physical pinball machine is not very relevant or material to them.
Digital pinball yes because it involves xbox, playstation, etc.

That's why it makes perfect sense to me.

1 week later
#5310 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Back to Aliens...

Oh there's some news...oh nope never mind again.

#5328 3 years ago

Too much art on the PF...it's really taking down the immersion.

1 week later
#5418 3 years ago

Congrats...now you own Prometheus...yippee?

#5485 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I thought Andrew said video today no?

I don't think he did.

Ahh...possibly

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

To give you all an update - we have submitted a gameplay video to FOX for release on Alien Day.
I must emphasise that timings are tight and that there's every chance it won't be approved in time. But there's also a chance that it will.
If it's not approved for Alien Day then hopefully it will be approved soon after.

#5541 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I can't tell the difference, is this Lords or Lynn's picture?

Looks like Ginger Lynn to me.

#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Man - does he look old. Not exactly keeping up with the antitoxins is he?

Funny I was thinking he's looked the same the last 10 years.

#5563 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Back on topic, anyone know if the Alien gameplay video was approved for online viewing?

Obviously not...which is why you're sifting through Traci Lord posts

1 week later
#5617 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Traci will appear as Sigourney Weavers lost daughter who was raised by the Aliens.

My clothes mostly come off at night....mostly.

#5627 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Christ this thread has gone off the rails

Strange that a thread involving disgusting aliens only got really creepy on this page

#5638 3 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I'm not keeping up with this thread at all, as I'm too broke to even think about buying a new pin for eternity...

Well you might want to think aboot an Alien then...at this rate anyway

#5713 3 years ago

3 more months of Traci it is.

#5732 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Heighway has become the new JJP, and Alien is this year's Hobbit.

Stop it...we've all seen plenty of hobbit videos

#5748 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So its still a boom boom no brainer! What's not to like?

Plenty of things. A great theme does not a pinball make.

#5750 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I chose not to get the "sneak preview" because I want to see the full reveal when its ready.

No spoilers...I can get with that.

#5754 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Theme is EVERYTHING! Thats why I'll never own a woz....

haha...yeah looking at your collection I would assume you say that. X-files....jesus christ it's a great "theme" at least. How you can have such a piece of shit anywhere near your home baffles me. Your JM laughs at XF...and that's saying something.

#5888 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This will likely be the last pinball title announced early, by any company.

HA! Now that's funny.

#5891 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think we can still get games shown that aren't in production yet, but it won't be a situation of announcing a title and waiting years while they make it. That is over.

Duly noted and quote saved for later

#5916 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Elvira 3? Boring and irrelevant today.

Ha...your collection...not relevant in any way, but you still like them right?

Rescue 911,Sharkey's Shootout,Terminator 2: Judgment Day,Viper Night Drivin',Maverick,Shadow, No Fear: Dangerous Sports, Tales from the Crypt, Baywatch

#5919 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Elvira 3? Boring and irrelevant today.

Or did I miss the sarcasm because we're on the Alien thread, or GB thread, or Hobbit thread?
I guess the Hobbit is the "most relevant?"

#5922 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Those pins were made in their own relevant era, not in 2016/2017.

I semi understand your point, but I will remind you that NF was never relevant, and I remember the day it was released.

Quoted from PoMC:

Elvira is not relevant and to me doesn't seem like an exciting theme.

Are you buying NIB games? Because that's the only factor in "relevant" themes. And to be honest, the only ideas that are "relevant" now are completely irrelevant themes.

#5927 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Very select audience. I think you'd be hard pressed finding many people under the ages of 35-40 know who Elvira is.

We'll have to see, but she has a history in pinball, and that's what they're selling.

#5930 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Right, a history in pinball. Try asking the average person under 40 who Elvira is....then follow up and ask if they care.

Oh a I agree, now find someone under 40 that is buying pinball machines.
GB is equally irrelevant idea for someone under 40, and people are blowing loads all over themselves to get it.

#5945 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Maybe not buys, but what about plays? I'm thinking about this on location and people wondering who the old witch with big tits is.

Well Nordman originally said it's "Elvira, not Cassandra." There isn't going to be an old photoshop job of a 70 year old women...just like there wasn't on any of the other machines when she was 50

#5965 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

1) Insulting someone's collection is sad
2) Insulting someone's collection in an "Official" thread is even sadder .

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wow, missed this post.... glad I was messing around in this thread and found it...

To fill people in, my post was in response to ....

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Theme is EVERYTHING! Thats why I'll never own a woz....

which could be the dumbest statement I've ever heard on pinside....think aboot that for a second.

#5968 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

The name Big Juicy Melons and the artwork will likely draw in dudes at any age. But aside from starting the ignition for the ensuing alone-time event... yeah thats about as far as that title goes.

I like the gameplay a lot, it's a fun, EM type game, with kick ass audio.

I mean I wouldn't even consider buying one for more than say $700 and that's it's main problem.

#5970 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Having played it a few times now, I would take a real em any day of the week as far as gameplay goes.

So would I...unless it's King Rock/Kool. But old EMs don't have the technology, and that's where they fall behind. Not even o-din has any EMs with a kick ass .25"x.5 full Black & White LCD screen!

#5983 3 years ago

Finally this thread is getting good. I knew we needed more meow meows!

Quoted from Taxman:

I just came back to check on Traci Lords. Did she get her own thread yet?

This is turning into a good looking pussy thread so maybe. Meow!

#5999 3 years ago

Is that all you got?

#6001 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hopefully, the mods can come in and clean up this thread....

Yeah and leave around 25 meaningful posts. If Ghostbusters thread didn't make them do it, doubt this will.

#6075 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I had to take a deep breath before draining it myself, and that's kinda sad.
If we can't keep it so I have to read through 250 posts of total nonsense every time I try to check in I'm not going to be motivated to do try and help out here. Just being honest, if the thread is depressing me I'm going to avoid it. I'm really busy right now with work, I don't have much hang out at Pinside idle time.

And I just have no patience for pointless forum drama now. Work with me here!

jesus talk aboot drama

#6080 3 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I don't find it to be overly dramatic at all. This thread has nearly spiraled into a cesspool of absolute bullshit!

No one is denying that....although I might lean more to the side it's been a bit of a mess form early on.
Anyway, I was simply referring to the OPs usual over dramatic "almost draining" the thread and the "depression" from reading the thread...yada yada. The classic anti drama stance by adding a bunch of hyperbole drama

#6108 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Man the same people just stir shit all the time, it's not nearly as edgy as they think.

This is a joke right?

EDIT: I guess it was only matter of time before the Aliens thread morphed into Kenada's Podcast thread

#6119 3 years ago

The single greatest thing to ever come out of Alien Was Return of The Living Dead. All praise Dan O'Bannon!

#6131 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Though I don't like the idea of nudging

AKA "Playing pinball"

#6135 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's a different between critiquing art....and repeatedly attacking and insulting a person. Aurich might have said some shit that hurt other artists feelings...but he NEVER insulted them personally.

Aurich was personally offended by the fact Dominoes had a contest for machine art for god sakes. Aurich taught us the plight of the poor artist...they seem to be very emotional people so I assume him railing on artists work might have hurt their feelings

#6142 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

%$*& can we please, collectively agree not to care about high school sounding horseshit completely unrelated to an "official game thread"...or at least agree not to post it here??

This is rhetorical right? You're post is 6,137, out of those there's probably less than 200 (I'm being kind) that are meaningful. The rest are a collection of:
he said/she said
middle age mastabatory Alien fantasies
"Wouldn't it be cool ifs...,"
I want to invent rules
Alien will be so immersive
And the rests are gifs
Clip art!

#6147 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We need to have the OFFICIAL Official Thread that is locked and only the Mods can update the REAL posts. It was done before.

Yeah and there was a lot of talk aboot it.

Now, the 2nd elephant in the room...would Aurich be able to post in that thread?
I would assume no, which mean this thread would lay dormant for 3 more months. We wouldn't get 500 posts of garbage a day, but we wouldn't be able for Aurich to "stumble upon" this thread annually after Andrew posts something. The old heighway good cop/bad cop routine.

Quoted from vid1900:

I'm a mod on a couple of other forums, and sometimes the other mods and I just have to go in and clean out the litter box.

I'm all for it...but you know Pinisiders find it a constitutional right to post and all

#6154 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I went overboard on that thread, I drained it shortly afterwards to keep myself from being a dick any further in it....But my reaction wasn't helpful, I admit it. I apologized to Charlie for it.

That's cool. You probably should have undrained it, and apologized in public for it since it was so overboard, but diff'rent strokes & folks as they say.

#6157 3 years ago

You've turned your hobby into a job, and as they say that doesn't always work out so well.
JJP called Stern a fraud & went to start a company, and found out pinball was really hard.
Jared was a lively energetic poster, went to Stern and pretty much disappeared.
LTG doesn't seem to post nearly as much as he used to.
You used to critique every piece of art and font that came out on a new machine, so you went to make one and found out it's hard, because companies don't let you do what you want.

If companies ever try to hire me to be a snotty little smart ass I'll try to say no to them.

#6165 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I know I should probably just drain it, but I keep hoping that some new info about the game is contained in the new posts.

Andrew just said the other day around 3 months until we see something. The only new info is some people saw the secret video, and can describe it to others; somehow not the weirdest thing in this thread.

#6235 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kaneda emailed me tonight, said that he thought things had gone too far, he admitted his role in it, and asked if we couldn't just squash this. I thought that was big of him to do, credit due where it's deserved. No need to post the details, it's a private email, but that was the heart of it.

Jesus people love falling for kenada over and over again. Can;t believe he hasn;t been let back on Pinside yet

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I agree.....i always think of lethal weapon 3's playfield....horrible with the actors faces

Quoted from fosaisu:

Of course on LW3, you've also got a Rothkranz art package to contend with ...

That might be his best work also.

#6303 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'm not sure as to why this was done .. Whether it was just his preference, or whether it was to comply with some law. Dunno. Maybe one of our UK friends can fill us in.
rd

Quoted from cfh:

ONLY u.k. machines had additional up-posts. There was a law in the U.K. that required games to be fully "skill based", and thus the law required additional up posts between the flippers and in the outlanes. This law was only in place for about 6 years before it was recalled (or just plain ignored by Stern), 1999 to about 2005.

#6305 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

so the left saucer like creature black lagoon from monster bash the right vent like congo, the reverse wire form like sopranos meadowlands, and the plunge like The shadow?

Shit I don't blame them there

#6353 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FYI: I denounce and condemn whoever flagged Aurich's picture. This action or fake Pinside accounts is an act of cowardice.
Man up.

Yeah I don't quite get that one. Weak sauce

#6407 2 years ago

Achievements could be good to excite these younger generations...I think they're totally stupid and worthless.

And I don't care for Achievements much either

#6455 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

But ................the atmosphere and tension created in the Alien Pinbal prototype video was beyond what you experience in the movies.

Oh good lord.

I remembering hearing how great GB was going to be and a sure fire all time classic.

#6458 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Comparing GB's and Aliens with regards to themes for pinball is like...

...its fucking Aliens. Is there a chance gameplay will be so bad that it will make this pin shit, I think not but I guess its possible.

I didn't.

I'm not commenting on that...I strictly saying this is another thing that's a slam dunk all time winner. I mean...watching a video of the prototype had more tension than watching the movies...talk aboot monkeys flying out of some ones ass.

#6470 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Look at it this way. It is kind of a teaser video (professionally edited)..

You're probably right...if only the Alien movie franchise was professionally editeded it could compete!

1 week later
#6569 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

More Newt? Really?

If you would have just stopped there you might have been alright.

#6615 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

piece of heart? and what about excorcist 2? will my outlook on humanity and eventually my avatar change to something like yours after I watch 'em?

Exorcist - Great for the time, but overrated.
Exorcist 2 - Great as a joke, total 70s disco nightmare, Pazuzu!
Exorcist 3 - very underrated, one of the best sound designs IMO, watch it every October, end suffers a touch as there were some reshoots ordered. Still waiting for a Directors cut that was announced last year I think?

#6645 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

any hudson, apone or Vasquez ? : P

Look into my eye...

#6676 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm brazilian so I guess you can cut me some slack! Now you say the same in portuguese!

How to you say "shut up your annoying bastard" in Portuguese?

#6680 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I keep coming back to this thread thinking there will be a picture of an actual pinball machine.

Cala a boca, seu Eggbert!

3 weeks later
#6825 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Well said man.....years from now, it would interesting to hear the behind scenes stories of what caused delays,

sadly its probably a piece of paper sitting a Fox bean counters desk ready to be signed

3 weeks later
#7013 2 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

I'm confident his investors also know how to do a Google search if needed.
What a sad attempt of digging up some dirt.

I don't know where you have been the last couple years, but company stability is actually kind of a big deal now.
Also, Andrew asked for questions, and a question got asked. As the head of a company, I would assume you get asked aboot the stability of your company quite a bit.

#7016 2 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Just ask for a refund if you're worried.

So if I had monies in this (I do not) the only choice is to pull out instead of listening to an answer aboot the company I would be purchasing it from? Doesn't make much sense to me.
I'm just an observer commenting on something you took offense to that I did not.

4 weeks later
#7428 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Heighway's model was always "get pinball back on location". I don't see raising the prices because Stern did helping operators buy machines...

Same thing we said aboot Stern when JJP prices came out.

#7430 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, I'm not saying they won't, but I would suggest it is contrary to putting pinball back on location...

Is it? JJP's whole schtik was JJ is an operator and wants to operate games.
Gary keeps telling us you need operated machines to make a living, & people are making videos for the right to buy their machines as we speak.

#7432 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I am surprised at the sustained feeding frenzy.

Yeah me too..., eXpecially with all the issues going on. I guess that's my main point is that nothing would shock me now.
Just hoping Alien is kick ass.

4 weeks later
#8100 2 years ago

That video is pretty rough right there...not well made. But the game looks pretty sweet...can;t wait to play it.

#8216 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I remember her speaking in the movies. She should be in there. "Get away from her you bitch" comes to mind.

It's a rights issue I thought...they would have put her in if they could.

#8257 2 years ago

Fuck man I miss Kenada

#8260 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Do you have the balls to ask Andrew how many Full Throttles he's sipped in 4.5 years? Or are you gonna just hand him more money for Alien to finish his Full Throttle orders.

God I would never give them monies....but that doesn't make it a bad game

#8263 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Do you have the balls to tell us who you are?

guys guys guys....

#8265 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Look, Andrew chimes in to every thread where he is questioned. Andrew, in 4.5 years, have you shipped more than 100 Full Throttles? I'm not asking for totals. I'm not asking for dollar amounts. Just in 4.5 year have you shipped 100 or more Full Throttles? Do the math people. Investing in this now is like giving money to Zidware.

Well I.......I cannot argue that.

#8267 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Who the f**k are you,

Well you know the answer to that one....

#8289 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I played both games tonight and they worked fine. A few small ball hangups, but those are expected.

Just like Predator?

#8292 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hmm just looked over there " production" would be the term to be clarified and quantified a bit, I believe.

Wow.

Ok so....Just wow

3 months later
#10136 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm really curious to see what that sign says...
"Coming 20___"
What? 17? 18?

Haha that's just what I was thinking! Perfectly set up pic

#10191 2 years ago

Can't blame heighway for it though.
Do the beacons look stupid? Yes
Does the current market especially home market like stupid looking things on top of their machines? Yes

#10214 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Does anyone else look at this game and immediately think: Sega?

Not really to me although you might be able to argue the overall "background" layer could be somewhat similar.
The real issue with Sega (for me) was the horrible color coding of inserts and the the big blocky inserts on those later table; so ugly.

#10224 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

If the beacons are all we have to complain about I guess things are looking good,

No that just means the videos haven't come in yet...just wait a bit longer I'm sure they'll be a ton more complaints

#10234 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looking forward to more/better video with hopefully better players.

It's an approximate representation of you playing

#10236 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Here's the gameplay video I shot of Alien: » YouTube video
We took the playfield glass off to avoid reflections and have a better view.

Nice job! Waiting for the morons to complain aboot vertical video of a vertical machine

#10279 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Really...beacongate....c'mon people its the easiest "problem" to fix ever...good god let them send this game out to those who have been waiting...

Is anyone telling them not to finish the game but to change the design? I didn't think so...just people saying it doesn;t look that great which is the same as 95% of any game ever released here.

#10281 2 years ago

Ah yes that doesn't make a lot of sense does it. Sorry I sort of misread what cosmo was trying to say.

#10384 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Depending on how early you're talking, I would say FT is better than ALL early Sterns. Big Buck Hunter, High Roller Casino, Striker Extreme, Roller Coaster Tycoon...Blech!

I think you need to take BBH out of that list or at least learn when it came out

#10390 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, yeah, it goes back to how everyone says they want unlicensed games like the good old days, but then you give them one and they say "meh".

It's quite pathetic really.

#10392 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Just watched this vid on "Dialed In" which looks like a super fun game.

I'm sure it is...but sadly it includes a cell phone in it which for some reason is the dumbest thing known to mankind even though everyone here stares at them all day and 3/4 of people probably complaining are using a cell phone.

If instead, you were powering up Ironman's dick bulge, people around here would be wiping the novice 2 off their lips.
Instead they just rip on it and go play JM, DM, ACDC, MET which are all just as horrible of a theme.

#10404 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I get your pinball point, but Facebook is the dumbest thing known to mankind, followed by Twitter.
A cell phone is actually useful.

Agreed.

#10411 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Sorry the theme is just BAD. You can throw all the other crap in to try to make it better but it wont ever fix the theme.

Yeah it never reach the lofty heights of your Demolition Man...truly a proud moment in cinema history.

#10413 2 years ago

I'll give you the Taco Bell, the only good part of that shitfest. I guess the fact it's R rated was good at the time...they weren;t all scared of swearing back then.

Your cards look better than the game art...not that that's any consolation

1 week later
#10543 2 years ago

let people ask their questions for fuck sakes

#10557 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If Heighway is open to it, that's great, you just don't see it with other industry on this micro level...even within the wild weird world of pinball you don't see Gary Stern listening this closely to people. They just keep their head down and pump out titles.

Perfectly explains the new & old guards.
You have the Stern side which is a bigger company and was around before 90% of the people currently bitching aboot them. They are the leaders of the industry, and as such, they don't feel the need to take any input from people on Pinside; and really they don't.
On the other side you have the new small start up that are trying to break into the business and need the support of people on here to be excited aboot the products they are making so they can grow their business.

Luckily for Heighway it's vastly in their favor around here and the mood is a very positive one.

#10570 2 years ago

2 weeks 2 weeks

2w (resized).png

Quoted from iceman44:

You've come a long ways Rob!

We all have...because it's been over 2 years.

Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking Alien and TBL are Stern and JJP's worst nightmare…...

HA! You'd think games that are crumbling apart would be Stern's biggest nightmare...yet it's turned some people into their biggest supporters

#10761 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

....Whatever, it's not about me, it's about the game...

That has been the best aspect of you not posting. Keep it up.

1 week later
#10935 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I see Kulek crossed the pond to work for you

Dude, I wasn't going to bring it up but I thought the same thing...hope it isn't a bad omen.

#10939 2 years ago

Well finally after 2 years and 10K+ posts on this subject we can all play it and not have to get in to any bitching or defending when that happens

1 week later
#11249 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm not complaining mind you, but isn't the circular ship I see so often the underground one from Prometheus? In the fact isn't the whole mode "Derelict Ship" about this?

It's from Alien...it's the same type of ship. It's where the *SPOILERS* facehugger comes from originally.

Shhh I know Ridley wanted to keep it a secret but Prometheus is actually related to the Alien Franchise

#11251 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I know you think your posts are clever but your second sentence just comes off as dickish and part of the problem over here... but gee thanks for answering.

It was actually in reference to the fact Ridley Scott said Prometheus has nothing to do with Alien when it came out, which everyone knew was totally silly. So My emoticon was laughing at him trying to outsmart us all, not laughing at your post not knowing the 2 were related.

But you took it that I must be insulting you, even though I never have been rude to you once on this site.
Talk aboot the problem around here

"Think my posts are clever?" Good thing being a condescending jerk isn't a dick move

#11253 2 years ago

No worries man, the pinside purge has us all on edge!!

When you look at the facts my post may have been a bit to clever for its own good

#11259 2 years ago

Yeah I haven't even had a chance to play a FT yet...definitely looking forward to alien.

#11313 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I don't really get unboxing videos, can someone please explain the appeal?

Diff'rent Strokes.

#11491 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

thelaw
Why did you downvote????!

Only because of the "immersive" line. I agree of course everything aboot the game audio sounds awesome.

#11493 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Is the term "immersive" played out?

To me it is yes; but to each their own.

#11497 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Shane Black (Lethal Weapon, Last Action Hero, Nice Guys) is directing.

Don't forget kiss kiss bang bang!

honestly it couldn't be any worse than predators.

#11554 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Beacons are code activated and do not run all the time from what I understand.

Yeah that would be pretty annoying if they were always on

#11646 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm glad to see the reasonable discussion surrounding the game....

Yeah that just started like 10 pages ago. I also hope the new norm is watching gameplay vids and not hearing aboot games forever (not company specific).

This game looks pretty damn sweet and I'd love to play one.

2 months later
#14974 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Why do I feel like I am on an AOL Political thread?

Probably because you're an "oldpinguy;" not many of us know what AOL threads are like

#15035 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

We played some Alien Pinball at the YEGPIN Expo exactly a month ago, and we had decided back then that we were not going to release a video on it because of a few issues on the game at the time.

#15073 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

This huge price increase is not just a nail in the coffin of Alien pinball, but to Heighway pinball and their modular system. The modular units are only attractive if they are at least $1000 less than Stern Pros and it does not appear that price target is going to be feasible.

Indeed. With no benifits you just have to stomach the look of that god awful shit show of a cabinet.

#15171 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Also have a scoring issue on multiplayer games where it would only show 2 digits of your score per player after ball one.

To expand on this it happens on .97 when there is a 4 player game. Scores are normal for ball 1 and get screwed as soon as player 4 bonus ends.

#15212 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I won't know till I get my Alien (hopefully) but I've played a lot of Dialed In and the games have been pretty long,

Alien is pretty damn long too. Ball saver on left outlane, save gate on right, centre (sic) post.

Quoted from athena:

The only point I'm making is. People are quick to slate a table that they've not played enough to make an informed opinion on.

No shit; it's called Pinside.

#15222 1 year ago

People would be blowing Alien 3 if Fincher put it out now; underrated for me.
Resurrection there is just nothing redeeming in anyway.

#15241 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I'm a very serious collector with almost all the top pins.

O lord

#15265 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

A serious collector is one who buys the best titles, mods the hell out of them, knows the market and has a large collection. A serious pinballer is someone who knows the games, plays in tournaments, plays at every opportunity, and has exceptional skills.'.

I was just trying to establish that I know of what I speak.

You failed, horribly. At first I was just going to laugh at the "mod the hell out of them;" but it actually got worse from there. Actually impressive.

Edit: should have typed "failing horribly," I'm sure there's more to come

#15356 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

After all these years it is almost as if ....

Pinsiders think they know every single thing aboot every single thing?

#15367 1 year ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

... buy I must say, to date, Cointaker has been very straight with me so I'd see no reason for them to start BS-ing now....

it's not cointaker BSing you I would be worried aboot, of course they're straight shooters.
Hope you get it.

1 week later
#15462 1 year ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

So is this really approved by fox or no?

Missing the goddamn alien head mech

#15464 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Mine still is as well...

So at least Andrew's pic isn;t lying to anyone

3 weeks later
#15690 1 year ago

High Claim item indeed!

1 week later
#15902 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I was wondering has there ever been a pin that offered a mystery award of resetting the tilt warnings to zero? I wonder if it would work as a good Muther Mystery?

WTF....nice outside the box thinking

2 weeks later
#16288 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Is it too early to say that the new investors have screwed it up?

To early if you're in this thread. If you're on the outside looking it it's a little too late.

They reached out to the machine owner that I know awHile ago to tell him they know he doens't have an alien thread (no shit), and he still doesn't have it so yippee!

#16299 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

He mentioned that support is few and far between as well and he seemed very frustrated. For any Alien owners out there - are you experiencing the same?

Is this a joke? Support?

EDIT: no, I was right

#16301 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Read his post again. He said it's NOT there

Yeah maybe he needs to read up on this years long debacle. Quality better than Stern...not as good as JJP...shit I can't tell what's happening anymore. People still don't have heads. People still have PF LCDs that do not work and have to be modified to power on etc.

#16397 1 year ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Alien V0.99 (available later this month)

Gotta love that on the 1st of the month

#16506 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

we can agree to disagree. I think it is completely fair for a small pinball company to ask for firm commitments from their customer base in order to allow them confidence on how many parts to order and games to build.

Well do they have the parts or not? This is the company that still has not sent an Alien head fore the game here. So they have only enough to make the games they're taking monies for but not the ones they already sold? I know I know they aren;t really making games now most likely but what a shit show even still.

#16511 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pay attention to the conversation buddy. We diverted for a little while and were talking spooky. I know it can be confusing sometimes

No I get that, has Heighway shipped machines before shipping parts for original owners ?

1 month later
#17290 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Wonder what publication he writes for?

Pinside. If that's confiusing to you I don't know what site you've been reading.

Quoted from delt31:

yeah let's not talk about when people are actually going to GET the game. Let's just talk about opinions about a game barely anyone has played.

I've played it a bunch to know the Alien mech still isn't there

#17293 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I think you need to tell us all about this story. Oh wait, you already have...1000 times.

If there's a ban on saying the same shit 1000 times I don't think you're the one that needs to be pointing fingers.

Quoted from Astropin:

On a game he should never have been able to purchase in the first place. Jumping the line big time and throwing cash at a cash starved Andrew just to bribe his way into an Alien prior to one of his big events...

haha...Clay "throwing money," Jesus you are out of touch.

#17302 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I think you need to tell us all about this story. Oh wait, you already have...1000 times.

And just for the record it's 4 times since July....but yours makes a better story.
Wouldn't really count that as spam city personally.

July 2017

Quoted from TheLaw:

August 2017

Quoted from TheLaw:

They reached out to the machine owner that I know awHile ago to tell him they know he doens't have an alien thread (no shit), and he still doesn't have it so yippee!

September 2017

Quoted from TheLaw:

Well do they have the parts or not? This is the company that still has not sent an Alien head fore the game here.

October 2017

Quoted from TheLaw:

I've played it a bunch to know the Alien mech still isn't there

#17305 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay...let it go...just yanking your chain a little.

Oh shit bro why didn't you just say so.

#17456 1 year ago

Free shipping is nice but I'm not waiting around for a game to be delivered...always worth the pick up!

#17458 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Depends on the distance. Cointaker is a solid 9hr drive for me...one way.

Yeah I misunderstood what you were saying by cointaker being "close" at first reading.

#17677 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No need for the eye-searing pinstadium overkills.

Seriously.

3 months later
#20113 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey just got the message the Xeno head is in. Looks like I'll be slapping it on and playing a little tonight.

#20128 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey just got the message the Xeno head is in. Looks like I'll be slapping it on and playing a little tonight.

Well didn't get to it. I was ready to tackle it but I guess they want to wait for instructions for the install...might be helpfull

AH (resized).jpg

#20130 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Instructions? We're MEN...we don't need no stinking instructions!

Believe me that's what I said