• 24,904 posts
  • 990 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Pale_Purple
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,877 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN6937 (resized).JPG
DSCN6931 (resized).JPG
CC2CD5AA-B856-4BD8-9C0C-EED08214398A (resized).jpeg
7F4123F8-8391-4ECE-AF11-E962ADD02580 (resized).jpeg
C653BBEA-0D6A-4AB8-B747-8AB03D8AB9A9 (resized).jpeg
A15EC5AF-B8AF-4747-B4C0-E2FF4E306E55 (resized).jpeg
DSCN6913 (resized).JPG
DSCN6918 (resized).JPG
DSCN6921 (resized).JPG
518EA3E1-9B40-4D09-9AF3-D08B83ACA387 (resized).jpeg
EC6E7BFE-1F99-4FAB-9410-B8F27C37F14C (resized).jpeg
DSCN6926 (resized).JPG
DSCN6925 (resized).JPG
IMG_4911 (resized).jpg
IMG_4910 (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3231 3 years ago

I have not played Full Throttle since Pintastic and tonight I should finally get some real time on one at The Sanctum. I'm not a big racing fan but love the idea of Alien. I think getting a good feel of Full Throttle will let me know if the excitement level for Alien is going to go up. With the price saving of the Drop-In playfield the likely hood of Full Throttle owners getting Alien will be higher.

I agree with Aurich that it would be cool to see Alien buyers pick up a Full Throttle playfield afterwards just to have an extra game. This can only help Heighway's bottom line and show the game swapping model was a good idea to help sell the different games. But I wonder how often the swap will be done. I know owners of RFM that have the SWEP1 playfield and they never swap it in. I'm sure that fact that SWEP1 is no where near as good as RFM is the reason. But won't one game always be preferred over the other? Would a fan of Alien swap to racing often or vice-versa? While being able to swap is great for on-route games and could be good for home users I think the title choices will play a bigger part with home users.

#3233 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think that is a much bigger project to swap, correct?

It is not supposed to be. The old video has a woman pull the filed up, disconnect (I think 7) wire harness plugs. Then drop in the replacement pf and plug in. Last, swap the prism card and marquee.

That was the whole point of making Pinball 2000 so expensive. You bought the cabinet and computer system once and can now easily swap cheaper games on route.

#3234 3 years ago

Look at promo video 2 of 2 at 2:00 - slide of pf and 6 connectors.

Promo videos

#3236 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

i think the biggest problem with p2000 was that the second title was less desirable than the first, and that it ended with that one. So we'll never know how it might have gone.
In this case, title 2 is much more desirable.

Agreed. The Star Wars "title" was desired but the implementation was not. It was less pinball and more a bunch of movie clips with Jar Jar Binks making your life miserable.

#3240 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

love the swap idea but from what I have seen and read so far i'm thinking/hoping that rather than have a spare 3600 kit laying around I might just want full versions of both games.

And that might still be cheaper than some games.

The original swap idea was for operators. For home users it might be room constraints. Having an apartment where only 1 game can fit yet having a spare game leaning on a wall in a closet is cool. Better would be a rack under the game that could stack 2 or 3 spare games.

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Watch the PAPA Youtube Tutorial for FT with Bowen Kerins. I really wish I liked the art and cabinet more, because the gameplay and engineering are fantastic.

For Fish Tales?

What about Futl

4 months later
#5870 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Save those for anyone who buys this game.

You obviously have nothing real or constructive to say. Why don't you drain this topic like you used to say to others when they had nothing to say about your thread?

#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

My constructive analysis. Thoughts?

My thoughts?

Bye-bye, Thanks for playing.

I'm waiting for the final product and have pretty much skipped looking at early stuff. I play Full Throttle pretty often [even though I'm not a bike racing fan] and will be happy to hit the start button on this when it comes out.

#5926 3 years ago

It is like if they released Medieval Madness today with today's prices. Who would buy it? Oh, right.

Quoted from PoMC:

Very select audience. I think you'd be hard pressed finding many people under the ages of 35-40 know who Elvira is.

Or with $8K to spend.

#5963 3 years ago

Actually I like his collection. I personally am not big on RIBON but most like it and DH is underrated. People normally don't have a chance to play it but when they do it gets some love. The rest of him pins get a lot of respect.

#5982 3 years ago

I just came back to check on Traci Lords. Did she get her own thread yet?

2 weeks later
#6394 3 years ago

Maybe I do not understand the "Trophy / Achievement" thing in newer games systems since I'm a pinball person. But don't these already exist in pinball?

Besides the GC and top player lists there are many other lists in pinball -

AC/DC has a complete set of champions for each of the modes.
LOTR keeps a DTR shortest time
TOTAN has a sultan's table
SS has a Scared Still table and a Spider MB table
WH2O has Insanity Falls champion

There are lots of these or am I missing something? Obviously with the newer games having a complete computer system inside this could be expanded.

#6398 3 years ago

What about the fact that games are different in each location? Not just software setting for difficulty, but pitch and even how well the games are maintained. The remote tournament thing on different tables always sounds like it has issues.

3 weeks later
#6668 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, I only see the people who doesn't think you're an smart-ass!

(calling all grammar police)

#6672 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm brazilian so I guess you can cut me some slack! Now you say the same in portuguese!

"the same in Portuguese!"

#6674 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

that was really clever

Obrigado. Bem, eu só vejo as pessoas que não pensam que você é um espertinho!

3 months later
#7918 2 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

No. They are automated Bagatelle machines.

Make sure you write Robin to get them removed from the top 100 pinball list. That would be Bagatelles like MM, MB, AFM, IJ . . .

#8146 2 years ago

Sweet. So sweet. Can't wait to play.

Ding ding ding - we have a winner.

#8206 2 years ago

Am I missing something on that last picture. Didn't is have side blade artwork and an egg chamber look?

#8540 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Also did anyone here play much of the 'Alien' game as opposed to Aliens? In the videos so far it looks very much like Aliens is dominating the theme...

Someone must have. There was talk of getting to Jones the cat mode. I saw a picture of the cat on the screen.

4 months later
#11377 2 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Such sad news. RIP Bill.
I suddenly want a Bill Paxton Pinball live stream.

I hope Ben plays the old pin in honor. RIP.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middleborough, MA
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 115.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside