zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tacshose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3278 8 years ago

I'm looking forward to Alien, but I wish more concrete info was being shared. The website for Heighway, as others have said, I find confusing as hell and not very helpful.

Cointaker was rumored to be their US distributor, I contacted them weeks ago, only to get an email that discussions were still ongoing.

I hope some official news starts getting released ASAP

9 months later
#8274 7 years ago

Yeah, I gotta admit, I was excited to buy Alien thinking release was soon, but the fact they brought prototype games to Expo, that didn't work correctly, I think they have a long way to go and I'm not into financing unless they wanna pay me interest on my money or a GUARENTEED delivery date.

#8279 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Yeah, I gotta admit, I was excited to buy Alien thinking release was soon, but the fact they brought prototype games to Expo, that didn't work correctly, I think they have a long way to go and I'm not into financing unless they wanna pay me interest on my money or a GUARENTEED delivery date.

BUT, I am glad they brought the games, and they LOOK awesome, I mean that is WAY better than JJP waiting until it's "finished" and we all laugh...

#8313 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Nuts and bolts in bins is not what I'm talking here...I want some 100's of painted Smaug heads on a rack type pics.

Agreed

1 year later
#21309 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Statement From Andrew Heighway
I am truly sorry to hear about the turn of events announced today.
In June 2017 I sold my controlling stake in Heighway Pinball Limited – including its commitments and liabilities - to a group of investors who claimed to want to put significant funds into the company, achieve mass production and deliver part-paid and fully-paid games to customers, as well as new machine sales.
Throughout the five years that I ran the company, we developed and sold games up until the time of my departure. This was never a ponzi scheme, as some have suggested. A mix of technical problems, supplier quality problems and unrealistic timeframes resulted in delays that financially crippled the company. We were all committed to delivering games to all paying customers. I personally apologise for the unrealistic timeframes.
There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me. It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round. I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.
I very much regret that the company’s owners have closed the company without honouring its commitments to all paying customers and I wish everyone the best in pursuing their claims against the investors or via the insolvency practitioners.
This situation has appalled me and I am extremely sorry for the anguish that it will inevitably cause.
Andrew Heighway

Hey andrewh very soon all these “NDA” documents you have hid behind look to expire and the real truth of what you did will come out and there will be no mercy. I hope you get sued by the second investors, I hope you get sued by your customers you stole from, and I hope you get sued for fraudulently soliciting “investments” for the hydrofoil BS you are now involved in.
You are not successful, you have no integrity, you have no honesty.
I guarantee if Heighway Pinball was in the USA you would have been sued years ago and forensic accountants would have torn you apart. You lucked out being so far away.

#21424 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

His point is about the climate on Pinside and moderation standards.
He's in a position to know about problems (in his opinion) with ACNC and obviously disagrees with concerns being dismissed about this or other games. ALL machines either in developmemt or in past or present production have issues.
He's not shitting on ACNC or Spooky. Just being rather more open than is generally the case.
As for his claim about his game being better. Well, he was the designer. He probably would think that.
I have an ACNC on order. My second attempt at NIB after Alien (thankfully aborted). I'm not concerned by Ben saying stuff like that, or there being issues. I'm concerned by concerns being dismissed, and an air of hostility towards enquiry. An echo chamber is the last thing that will help Spooky, or their customers, as they seek to grow and improve.

AMEN! More honest discussions less fighting and moderation. We all love pinball so let’s duscuss the good and the bad.

#21708 5 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

So knowing now how full of shit Heighway was it makes you wonder if he ever even submitted the playfield art?
Maybe Fox won’t notice the little internal details like erm.......the playfield

That would be the best part of a lawsuit, the discovery, would love to know what actually went on all those years via email etc.

#21802 5 years ago

Yeah I mean with all the craziness going on I wouldn’t be surprised if the source code “leaked” I mean one accidental email or not enabling security correctly on an FTP site, so much could “accidentally” happen...

Just to clarify I don’t see how this wouldn’t be a great situation for the Alien Pinball ownership community, unless you all plan on funding code updates yourselves directly with the original programmers.

3 weeks later
#22260 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Ferret posted a link on the previous page.

Yep, hosted by pinball brothers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tacshose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=tacshose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.