pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1075 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Stern games do have drop targets but only on premium/LE. Now, how annoying is that?
I love the fact that the le formula for all the other companies(Jersey Jack, Spooky, Dutch, Heighway) is cosmetics only, not game features.
I still like Stern games but not a fan of the way they handle the pro/le features
Sorry for going off topic on something that has probably been discussed to death already, but I am happy that Heighway pinball did not go down the Stern Route

The Walking Dead has drop targets on their Pro Model....

1 month later
#1350 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

How did a game like Twilight Zone cost $4,000 to make and now this cost over twice that? I just don't get it.

Think about how labor intensive the assembly of a pinball machine is. Then think about how drastically the minimum wage (and wages in general) have changed in the last 20 years. Then think about all the other raw materials that have undergone price increases over the last 20 years. Add it all up and that's how you get to being 2X as expensive.

As for the perception that MMR and the other pins coming from other suppliers just pulled a random sales price out of their butt - I believe that's a bunch of hogwash. Most of these companies are too smart to just pick a price point like that without comparing it back to what their BOM is, overhead, and other costs that they need to recoup through the sales of the machine. Pins are expensive.

1 year later
#11457 7 years ago

Does anyone know if Heighway Pinball has a FAQ anywhere? I've got a bunch of questions that I don't feel like digging around for that I'm sure quite a few other people have as well. If anyone knows and can direct me, that'd be great. In the meantime I'll post them and maybe Andrew can comment directly, he seems to do an awesome job of following his threads.

Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Alien pinball machine for?
Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Full Throttle machine for?
Q: Is there final pricing on a "Game Unit" yet for either Alien or Full Throttle?
Q: What is the estimated shipping cost to the US for a full game and also for a game unit?
edit (saw this on their website) A: Shipping is included into the US. Additional cost to move machine from distributor to your door.
Q: Are there discounts available if buying a complete game and one or more game units at the same time?
Q: How is service handled for US customers?

#11461 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So I know this system is meant to be able to swap playfields and art out, but what if you never do that? Im wondering why no one has come out with artwork to cover all the dead space around the side art of the cab. Seems like a lost market for heighway owners.

I'm sure this is coming... Up until recently they only had one pin out there and no need for it.

#11466 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Please see answers below...
Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Alien pinball machine for? This is determined by our license end date. This is not public knowledge
Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Full Throttle machine for? As long as there is demand. We own the IP so there are no licensing restrictions, as such
Q: Is there final pricing on a "Game Unit" yet for either Alien or Full Throttle? http://www.heighwaypinball.com/store-2/ please click on either game
Q: What is the estimated shipping cost to the US for a full game and also for a game unit? We offer an airfreight option to customers for $350 to the door. Cointaker also have special delivery options.
edit (saw this on their website) A: Shipping is included into the US. Additional cost to move machine from distributor to your door.
Q: Are there discounts available if buying a complete game and one or more game units at the same time? We are about to release a special offer relating to this
Q: How is service handled for US customers? Either via our tech department, or via Cointaker, or both

^^^^^ Now that - is some great service. Thanks for the super fast response.

#11624 7 years ago

It would be pretty cool to be able to watch the an actual Alien's movie while playing Alien pinball. Home setting or not, it would give everyone else waiting to play something awesome to watch!

#11684 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Call me crazy, but I just want my pinball machine to be a pinball machine, not a home theater.

1947 - "Call me crazy, but I want my pinball to have just pins on it, I don't need those fancy flipper thing-a-ma-bobs."

1976 - "Call me crazy, but I don't need my pinball running on solid-state electronics."

1991 - "Call me crazy, but I don't need a digital display with cool animations; a simple numerical score is just fine."

2013 - "Call me crazy, but I don't need a HD display with incredible graphics in the backbox."

2015 - "Call me crazy, but I don't need a HD display in the playfield giving me instant feedback that allows me to keep my eyes on the playfield and not look up at the backbox."

Just messing with you.

Keep in mind though, if these incredible people had never thought "what if..." right now we'd just be bitching about clearcoat issues on a flipperless pinball machine with just nails in wood. (and that assumes pinball would have survived without the innovation continually making it more interesting and relevant.)

2 months later
#14186 6 years ago

Are you not entertained?!! Lol, I get a kick out of how pissed off people get when the new movies come out and they are not as awesome and stupendous as they had over-hyped and wanted them to be. Covenant was entertaining. It wasn't amazing, but it was by no means an injustice. I liked where the story line was going and was cool to see some history into how these super evolved monsters made it into this universe. At the end of the day Alien movies are just about a monster with another head for a tongue with acid for blood killing people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=t-800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.