DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider syco54645.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26046 4 years ago

My friend has an alien and the jaw is no longer moving. The tongue works fine but the jaw doesn't move in game or test mode. Anyone have a suggestion?

#26064 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stepper motor or board is a good guess, depending on what build of the game he has...

What would I be looking for to know? The motor for the jaw is a little servo motor mounted in the bottom of the Xenomorph. The wiper on the servo connects to the jaw with a piece of stiff wire. This motor then plugs into a board on the back wall of the pf and then is hot glued into place.

Also how exactly does the game keep track of the jaw position? I see nothing in the test about it.

Going back to his place in a week and would like to at least have an idea of a solution for him.

#26069 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

There is a test in the menu for the different states (3 as I remember) of stepper activity.I'll get to the machine tonight...I'll also include part #, pics of (2x) metal geared stepper motors for reference (you have to swap 2 of the wires on the connector to operate properly brown and red I think). They are cheap, and bulletproof the assembly. Mine did a weird chewing motion (not correct), until the plastic gear finally stripped, allowing the jaw to just drop open and stay that way.
The servo board itself has wimpy connectivity, hence the hot melt to hold that particular connection. Easy fix as well.
I found the wire bend to be interesting, as well as proper "top of the head" alignment. Both effected the reliability of the toy.
It's easy to get the Xeno off the playfield (4 screws), and I literally took mine off, re-positioned above the playfield, and reconnected all electronics to put it through the paces.
When it was done and reinstalled, I've had zero problems (game gets played alot)

Thanks, not sure if my friend's has stripped or not. I hear no sound from the motor when testing the jaw and when moving it by hand the motor is resisting but does move. The jaw is apparently hung up by the targets in front of the Xeno so assume something happened there but the motor gears seem intact. Hopefully it isn't some custom board blown or something...

1 week later
#26105 4 years ago

Well fixed my friends alien. The gears had exploded in the original motor. Hardest part was alignment but on the third try it worked fine.

7 months later
#27661 3 years ago

I thought someone had a source for beefier targets in front of the xeno head. Are these still available? They keep getting bent back and causing the jaw motor to break.

6 months later
#28579 2 years ago

Any chance someone could link me to the instructions for fixing the xeno? i found them once and now I am unable to find them again.

#28596 2 years ago

Does anyone know if a BW magnet core will fit an alien?

2 weeks later
#28652 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I can send you the 3D file and you can go to your local print shop.

can i please have the file as well?

11 months later
#29291 1 year ago

Can anyone share the instructions for replacing the jaw motor? Specifically how to align the jaw to the servo motor horn. I cannot find them and am trying to help out my friend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider syco54645.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=syco54645 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.