zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strohz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6945 7 years ago

Will you also have LE's designed for show and approval at the same time, or will they be developed after the standards? When do you think the LE's will start production? And can you say anything on the sound yet like if all the cast has given approvals or if there will be any original voice work? Thanks for an encouraging update!

2 weeks later
#7094 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Very well. The race is on to get the first 2 pre-production games built by a week today. It was meant to be 3, but one playfield got damaged. The third playfield is still due to arrive by the end of next week.

I'm curious as to why you have to wait on the playfields to be shipped in? From your tour at last year's UK Pinball Party, you showed off a CNC machine for cutting the playfields as well as an injection-molding machine for making inserts, a paint booth for finishing, and an expensive printer for direct ink printing on them. I know your goal was to have all the playfields made in-house and guess thought you were already doing so with Full Throttle?

(talks about playfields @ 20min mark)

Thanks for the update, sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you!

1 month later
#7573 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Got back from Wales a couple of hours ago, after spending some time at the Heighway facility today.

So was the filming done on production models or the two prototypes? There's some conflicting posts here:

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Still pending Fox approval.

Quoted from PinballRulez:

So this pretty much means the pin is in his final stage (production) and the only thing pending now to show it on expo is that Fox approves the approval videos of the production pin.

The last post by Heighway indicated, "As soon as we receive approval from FOX, we begin production immediately. Parts orders will be waiting for that green light. The plan is to begin production in September and to begin shipping games by the end of October." Which to me means production probably won't start in September if they are still seeking approvals?

Thanks for clarifying.

#7659 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Heighway have moved to their third factory recently, and been there for 4 months. This one seems like a better set up (better ratio of shop floor to office space) and better size (neither too small nor far too large). Also newer, in much better state of repair and significantly less costly than the huge 40,000ft2 place.

This appears to be the new factory based on the description. I find it interesting that something as big as moving factories again was never mentioned as that might explain a lot of the delays and the lack of a UK Pinball Party there this year....

#35 Heighway Pinball (resized).jpg#35 Heighway Pinball (resized).jpg

new heighway building (resized).jpgnew heighway building (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#7909 7 years ago

Is the final ball arch going to be off center from the flippers like that? Is Full Throttle that way? Maybe it's just because it's missing the final artwork, but it looks like the wrong size was put in.

Also, did the game lose a manual plunger as the original photos showed? Will the LE still have one? That would be a bummer as I far like that over pressing a button.

Finally, Aurich mentioned in another thread the LE artwork hasn't been done yet which to me sounds like FOX will still need to approve that separately? So does that mean LE's won't be in production shortly, just the regular models?

3 months later
#10422 7 years ago

Making pinballs is hard…but getting refunds is harder?!?

I've been on the pre-order list for over two years, but I’m moving soon so asked for a refund as it was clear after Expo it wouldn’t be shipping in time. Since November, I have had 17 email exchanges and a couple PM’s with Heighway asking for my refund to be processed but it has not materialized. Our exchanges are always polite, they respond quickly, and Morgan always apologizes to say they are working on it. However, there is always a delay such as personnel turnover, being focused on producing the games, holiday leave, EAG show preparations, or Andrew just hasn’t gotten to it.

Given the lack of action, I have been forced to file a chargeback with my credit card company. In fact I submitted 25 pages of supporting documents and emails about missed production deadlines and licensing delays over the past two years. If you haven't re-read this thread in quite a while, it really is eye-opening to go back to the beginning.

It’s a shame something I was so excited about has been soured by this refund experience, but I felt compelled to share it as it appears others have experienced similar frustrations.

#10497 7 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Making pinballs is hard…but getting refunds is harder?!?

For others following the refund issue, I just wanted to update my post that I finally heard back from Andrew and he apologized for taking his eye off the ball with regards to the refunds, and promised he would be sorting it with myself and others affected over the next week. As he reiterated, they've been a little preoccupied with getting parts ordered, issues resolved, games built and attending trade shows, but I believe he now sees how the perception of a company taking care of its customers can be equally important. Thanks everyone for the support and hopefully this will be the last post needed on refund issues.

3 months later
#14061 6 years ago

So I'm surprised no one else mentioned it from the links above. What exactly does the company was dissolved by the crown mean in December 2016, and might that explain why several of us were getting jerked around with refunds around that time?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,999 (OBO)
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strohz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=strohz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.