pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2042 8 years ago

After learning of Aurich's involvement in the game(Alien) and the Black and Manta green colors I had to learn more. The UK is a long ways away and to be honest I thought it would be to complex of a transaction (no presence here, distance and currency) with too much risk.

I spoke with Andrew and I must say he really put me at ease. America is going to be a major market they focus on. All pins are bought direct and not through a distributor. They are not in need of paid in full deposits to fund the operation(although I'm sure they don't mind them). Pins shipping to the states will go to their hub(Illinois I believe, but not sure) and get trucked out from there or be picked up.

So what does it roughly cost to ship from the UK? My understanding is roughly $300-$500 to my house in Minnesota. The upper end is using air freight and lift gate service(yes air freight)and the price will obviously vary depending on location. Total of roughly $8500 shipped, airfreight, lift gate to my door.

Now one of the final parts of the equation(besides how does the game look and play) is how to pay. They accept World Pay, Pay Pal and Credit Card or Wire Transfer. If you plan on using a credit card I would recommend Visa Signature as they do not have an "Foreign transaction" fee. Bank of America American Express has a 1 % "Foreign Transaction" Fee and the standard "foreign transaction" fee is pretty much 3% for the rest of the cards from what I've been reading. This would be in addition to any credit card fee the merchant charges to use a credit card(2.75%) I believe for straight credit card. There is always paypal and world pay or wire transfer with no fee as well.

Andrew seems like a great guy, you've got a great product(full throttle) , screen in play field, ability to swap out play field and play other games in less than 5 minutes, and last but not least AURICH doing the artwork. There are many things I'm leaving out, Go to YouTube if you can't see one in person. Look at the detail of full throttle

I really want to see them succeed so I though I'd share my research if anyone is in the same boat I am. I have a couple hours into making calls to banks and credit card companies. Any way, doing an overseas transaction was really foreign to me, but it really doesn't seem that bad. I'm sure there are plenty of people that will know more than I do, but I want to share what I've learned so far. Again I'm no expert on them just sharing my 15 minute chat with them. Andrew would know more about his business that I would, but if you're considering a pin from them. I'm still new to all of this so don't take my post as the gospel. Pick up the phone and give them a call. Good people for sure!

By the way, yes 99.5 % ready to pull the trigger. Have the order from ready with numbers picked out.

#2045 8 years ago

Innovative for sure! I had a RR75th and the screen on the backboard was cool to look at, but not functional if you're trying to play at the same time. I love how the how the screen is "in the play field" among other things on Full Throttle and with a little tweaking to blend in from "the master"(you) this will be awesome. There was a lot of other really neat and innovative items Andrew told me about and he said I could share, but honestly I got lost in excitement and i'd hate to lose anything in translation. I'll leave the news of the game and business plans for the USA to the people in the know. Buying a game from such a distance really isn't that difficult and getting parts won't be either.

#2055 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Wrong ! As of this year Amex Starwood card has no foreign transaction fees.

That's good information! Like I said, I'm no expert on the matter, just sharing my experience. I wouldn't have known that Amex Starwood changed their policy this year. My first call was to a different banks Visa card and they said it was standard to charge a 3% foreign transaction fee and it's a good thing I didn't take that as final and made some more calls to get to no fee. That was Amex Bank of America at 1%. The more information we all have here, the better I think. So many different versions of Visa and Amex credit cards out there. I just wanted people to know that there are 0 dollar foreign transaction options out there that still pay a % back.

There are different shipping options as well, maybe some people will choose to ship by sea and go pick up at the hub to save those costs all together. I'm impatient and don't have much time so I shared what I would do. I see you've got a full throttle, that's awesome!

#2086 8 years ago

I'm wondering if there will be a video mode(game within the game on the screen in play-field)? That would be nice! Hopefully Alien pinball will turn into a series of machines with Alien VS Predator somewhere down the line.

1 year later
#8087 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

It processes order at 7100 so i hope its the right price
Steve Bowden via facebook is live now still

I looked into this quite some time ago and it was around $8300-$8500 shipped to my door step in Minnesota for an Le. I believe they have relationships or US distributors now so maybe that's changed a bit.

#8088 7 years ago

Looks like a fun game for sure!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,999 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=sparechange1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.