DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scott_freeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5738 7 years ago

Heighway did take time to make the Barcadi game in 2014.

so there's that.

22_(resized).jpg22_(resized).jpg

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/bacardi.html

Quoted from Rarehero:

A few years ago, Heighway's plan was to release 4 games per year. Alien was supposed to ship in 2014. Had the original proposed production pipeline been true, there should have been like 10 Heigheay games by now. Theoretically those games should have been in development, and with the Alien delays - you would think that the schedule would have been shifted and other games announced and released first. I wonder, why hasn't this happened? Now, we all know pinball is hard - and Heighway releasing games at a Stern pace is unlikely ...but surely a couple games should have been in development simultaneously with Alien, and at this point one of them should have been completed and released to keep the factory churning. Right?
Heighway really struck me as a company that had its act together ....call me a skeptic at this point.

4 months later
#7702 7 years ago

Thanks for all the updates. Is the team done making changes to the hardware?

In some industries, this point is known as design-freeze.

Quoted from Aurich:

None of us have seen the game yet, outside of photos and video. We'll all be at Expo. After that we'll just do whatever makes the most sense. My personal priority would be for Joe to have a game, that's the most essential in my mind.

1 week later
#8452 7 years ago

Is there a thread for people with games on order? or is this the only thread?

#8513 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We always said that production would officially start when we had full game approval from our licensor. That has now happened.
Our payment terms have always been 50% when we begin production and the balance prior to shipping.
We are now ordering parts to build real Alien games. Some parts are in stock now. Many of the games' parts are 'production-ready' now and will be delivered within weeks.
Some parts need to be tweaked. Some parts need more testing. Software will be enhanced and tweaked. It is all part of the process.

Congrats on getting your games to Expo.

When the the part testing be completed?

#8628 7 years ago

Will Joe/Ferret get a physical game before production starts?

Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't want to interrupt Andrew during the seminar, but any time he was referring to "individually addressable LEDs" just to be clear he was leaving out the phrase RGB. Every lamp on the game is a color changer.
We've talked about a ton of ideas for how to take advantage of that, but as Joe/Ferret mentioned he really needs to have the physical game in front of him to be able to try them out.

1 year later
#20820 6 years ago

Thread needs a new pole.

A. Getting a refund from CT
B. Rolling-over my deposit into a different game through CT
C. Curling up on the floor, sobbing, and drinking myself to death

#21201 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The pinball news article seems to suggest, allegedly, that Pinball Brothers may now own, Alien licence, Queen license, Playboy license, equipment and however many games were waiting to ship.

Typical licenses-to-produce are only transferred with the permission of the real holder of the Intellectual Property.

Licenses are not an 'asset'. They are an agreement to use the protected IP, under many constraints and approvals.

Alleging that Pinball Brothers has received licenses, smells like the same deception the Predator saga perpetuated.

Is it time for someone to call the above IP holder, and find the truth?

#21319 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me. It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round. I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.

Have your pinball creditors been contacting your new hydrofoil investors, or posting your words on hydrofoil forums?

Which provincial police department should complaints be filled with?

Who were your accountants?

#21439 5 years ago

Posted this here for search engines to find.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

Capture 2 (resized).PNGCapture 2 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#21878 5 years ago

If that Pinball News article is shown in court, Andrew is going to regret many of his statements.

(Affirmation of ownership, responsibilities, tax implications, contractual agreements, ....)

Thanks to Pinball News for posting the Q & A. Given they shared a room with Andrew, that had to be a hard message to send.

1 year later
#24768 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's going to look like shit FYI. I did the best I could with stills, but they're pretty low rez for print, and then they're converted from RGB to CMYK and dithered onto the plastic. A scan will look pretty iffy, and printing the result of that scan will be even worse.
Find a reputable shop that can print the plastics and will be willing to provide them anyone who wants to buy them and I'm sure there's a way the original file will surface.

I am surprised the files have not just leaked already, ... just to help the hobby, ... and flip-the-bird to Andrew.

A truly reputable shop, would hesitate at producing items without the proper IP approvals, but a non-reputable shop ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scott_freeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=scott_freeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.