pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Good point, let's just play it safe and go back to two flippers at the bottom.

Ha-ha! Agreed. Nice to see some designers taking chances with shot layout.

The more I look at that schematic, the more excited I am about this pin! ...and I'm not even a die hard Aliens or Sci-Fi fan (...just kissed my nerd-cred goodbye). But, man, it's a shame it's taken so long for Dennis Nordman to get back to designing modern pinball. Welcome back, big guy!

Quoted from Methos:

The display in the pf just didn't work for me. Maybe it was because my eyes are trained to look at the base of the backbox.

I agree...kinda. On first play of Full Throtle, I was scanning up to the back box, but as players we're constantly scanning the play field for mode lights, so it's a logical place to put a bunch of important information. Not to mention, it's not going to get in the way of shots down there (which I'm sure was a fundamental design consideration...just sayin'). I think with a few plays it would start to feel MORE natural than leaving your view of the PF for a traditionally located DMD.

Quoted from Aurich:

Find a way to shape the opening for the screen in a more interesting fashion.

Quoted from GreenMeerkat:

Something more organic that blends in would be much better, kind of like creech's odd shaped hologram window.

...or maybe even having some Alien pod or goo printing overlapping the edges of the plexi panel to give it the appearance of a slightly different shape, rather than a rigid rectilinear portal.

Lots of possibilities, and a good line of suggestions.

Also, maybe I missed it, but is there any word on an artist *a-hem*GREG*a-hem* for this *a-hem*FRERES*a-hem* project? ...'scuse me. (Frog in my throat.) SOMEONE must be able to do a really great traditional line-art rendering of characters from this movie.

Oh, hey, look what I just found:

st.jpgst.jpg

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from OldPinster:

Did anyone find the lcd on the playfield really useful or fun on their first game FT?

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

On first play of Full Throtle, I was scanning up to the back box, but as players we're constantly scanning the playfield for mode lights, so it's a logical place to put a bunch of important information. Not to mention, it's not going to get in the way of shots down there (which I'm sure was a fundamental design consideration...just sayin'). I think with a few plays it would start to feel MORE natural than leaving your view of the PF for a traditionally located DMD.

Quoted from OldPinster:

Does it add much fun?

Fun? I dunno. I didn't see a ton of interaction with the ball, like in the P3 platform, for example. I guess I was more focused on the physical layout, which I really enjoyed. There's a weird in-lane feed on the left that just rockets the ball down the flipper. Not the usual CLUNK when the ball feeds through a traditional in-lane and it gives you a split-second to collect yourself while the ball slows down and you can see it coming. You really have to be on your toes to get an accurate flip on Full Throttle's left in-lane, which I really liked! Fast a furious. There's also some interesting loop paths that aren't your traditional huge parabolic arcs. The left loop does this sort of question mark, "S" curve, movement...but it still felt smooth. I never really felt the ball jangle around in there or stop because of the extra curve. Very flowy. All that to say, I think the main fun was to be had on the playfield.

Best,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=ryanclaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.