• 24,674 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1037 4 years ago

Wait till Heighway announce they have the Predator license ....

Wink wink

Nod nod

rd.

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Does a cuzzy bro have some inside info?

Cough

Cough

rd.

11 months later
#6194 3 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

I've put together an interesting seminar organized around the concept of creating audio for game startup companies

Alien should be worthy of buying just for the David Thiel soundtrack alone.

You have an amazing track record of making great pinball music ... Long may it continue!

rd

#6302 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Huh, I didn't know that. My assumption is that all playfields will have the hole drilled, I haven't heard anything about anything else. I don't remember Full Throttle having one though.

Yes, the Stern distributor in the UK always had the UK games fitted with outlane up-posts (2nd flipper button controlled) and sometimes centre posts (2nd flipper button controlled). I had a UK issue Playboy with them. If you go through the software on the Whitestar games, one of the options is "UK up posts enabled".

I'm not sure as to why this was done .. Whether it was just his preference, or whether it was to comply with some law. Dunno. Maybe one of our UK friends can fill us in.

rd

#6341 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Xenomorph eating balls

Wow! This thing really is interactive!!

How does one get ones balls under the glass? Sounds like a Pinball Oympics event ...

rd

2 months later
#7168 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What's the UK equivalent to a Ford Taurus?

Heighway Pinball machines have more wiring than a Vauxhall Vectra.

rd

#7203 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lines up with the hole. Left target seems to be leaning to the right. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can see that as clear as day.

rd

#7260 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It would be a rare day indeed when Thiel doesn't live up to the high bar that he has set based on his own work.

Thiel is the man.

rd

2 weeks later
#7526 2 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Oh no you don't Hungary!! We'll go for 29%!

I feel stink because we only have 15% VAT here in NZ. (GST, we call it ..)

However we don't have any import duties to speak of, so that's positive ...

rd

1 week later
#7662 2 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

For the record, this account has been blocked. Tired of dealing with these dup accounts, really

Was the IP from Peru by chance?

I guess somebody is bored on holiday ....

rd

#7664 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Did Peru celebrate Dinky's Fall Carriage and Antique Auction in Daviess County, IN as a holiday like we did this week?

Ummmmmmm dunno! Unlikely I would think.

Everyone's favorite podcaster and dupe account poster is in Peru at present as per his podcast.

rd

1 week later
#7843 2 years ago

Alien looks jam packed with shots and features.

Well done Heighway team. I look forward to playing one!

rd

#8127 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

At 01.08 in the video, when the magnet caught the ball in front of the alien, i was like...yeah this is it, one of the main toys!!
And then the mouth opens...and a small metal stick comes out, pokes the ball a little and drags it in.....
Will there be some mold around the stick to make it look more like the real alien inner mouth?

Really? I thought it was pretty damn impressive. When I showed people the video and they saw the thing eat the ball, they all said "wow!"

As Rare says, when you're playing it, it'll look pretty darn awesome IMO.

I think the whole thing looks good. Very promising.

All those people who criticised the unpopulated playfield art now can see what it looks like when it all comes together ... and it looks pretty darn good. Hopefully some apologies are forthcoming.

rd

#8211 2 years ago
Quoted from DialedOut:

Before ordering, maybe check this out. Can't post link...just put a h t t p s : and see for yourself.
//beta.companies.gov.uk/company/08087382/charges

Quoted from iceman44:

Stern or JJP employee? What's your best guess

I think we can make a good guess. And it ain't those guys.

I can just imagine them reading "charges" and having a good beat off at how clever they think they are.

However, yet again, they have mud on their face, same as the last time they bought up Andrews old companies in this thread, where they foolishly misinterpreted simple business terms.

"Charges" are not "criminal proceedings" like the person clearly thinks they are.

"Charges" are used to secure borrowing by a company. Borrowing is often done under the terms of a debenture issued by the company. Charges on a company's assets are registered at the Companies Office against the name of the company for all to see.

In this case, Heighway has taken a business loan with Fleximize Ltd, a loan company. Fleximize have taken a Charge on the company and its assets for security. If the company doesn't pay back the loan, Fleximize are a secured creditor and they are first in line to get their money when the assets are sold. All standard, business 101 stuff.

This is freely available, open public knowledge, it is written in the documents. If the poster of the information had ANY business knowledge whatsoever it is clear as day.

Jeeeeezus.

rd

#8370 2 years ago

speechless ....

#8601 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Chrome is not a great choice for this title and I would like to have the black nickel as an option

I don't know about the viability of black nickel.

But either gloss black or satin black on all metal surfaces would look good IMO.

If you look at the promo pics, the chrome legs look out of place.

I have done a lot of my pins in gloss black. Here's a Demo Man, it's the only one I have on my phone at present. AFM and NF look stunning in gloss black IMO and I think Alien would too.

rd

IMG_0340 (resized).JPG

#8622 2 years ago

I remember Mike Chestnut saying Black Nickel was a PITA all round. So maybe better to get that out of your minds.

Why not order a standard, add the flashing lights, and powdercoat the trim as you want to? Every city has a powdercoat company. I pay $8.50 NZD per leg for my powdercoating. Plus $8 a leg if it needs to be blasted.

The standard has all the PF features of the LE. Makes sense to me.

rd

#8624 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The blasted part though sounds like it hurts

Only if you let them blast your nuts, Icey.

A pinball machine has 4 legs so you'd probably want to do them all.

Prices will vary from operator to operator but that's what I pay here, for standard Dulux powders. If you want something super custom like the bike gas tank above, that's gonna cost more, of course.

rd

#8649 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I want the LE legs to be gigantic phallic biomech dicks

Classic.

rd

#8758 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Only 3 years late.

It's the 38th Year Anniversary.

rd

#8935 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I must say....Full Throttle was not a theme I was interested in, but literally blew me away with the flow and speed when I played it at Expo. It was truly a " fun" play, and some of the loop shots were refreshingly new for me

It's a fun game to play. Shame some people seem to have a hang up on the theme.

rd

#8937 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Perhaps the a controller for the light matrix could be supplied so that your wall mounted spare game could be in full attract mode. That would be much better than a cardboard shipping container laying on the floor.

You'd wanna make sure the brackets on the wall were pretty beefy ... or else, booooofo!

"Hello Heighway, my playfield broke into 3 pieces, can you tell me what glue to use to fix it?"

rd

#9116 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Gameplay and rules blow even more than the artwork.

Shame you didn't like it Rob. I know you had a premium, but my GOT pro is a pretty sweet game. Deep ruleset, multiple strategies, fast as hell.

Just goes to show, different strokes for different folks.

rd

#9118 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some people need to be careful crossing over the line into slander, libel and tortious interference territory, just saying

I'm surprised there haven't been some lawyers letters served already, to be quite honest.

rd

#9120 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly RD. I am sure that I would like the pro better since it doesn't have the lame mini PF. I know that Eskaybee loves his GOT pro.

I haven't played the premium/LE much, so I haven't learnt the rules associated with the upper playfield.

But I was guided by top 20 player Franck Bona when he said (adopt a very French accent when saying this out loud ..)

"The collector, he will choose the premium as it is very beeeeeautiful game! (Sic!) But the player will always choose the pro moddddddel because it has better flooooooow!"

rd

#9132 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I find XMLE to be a complete package for me - art, speed, flow, combos, modes and theme - and super fun to play and get lost in the X-Men world of battling villains, etc.
I'm hoping Alien gets everything right like XMLE does in my eyes, and then some.

You're my new hero.

Surprising how often I hear this now ... Time Bandit has sold a lot of his games (bye bye hobbit! Bye bye GB!) and prefers XMLE.

I like GOT pro and TWD pro too, all theee of them are great games, all for different reasons.

rd

#9228 2 years ago
Quoted from db666:

It may seem like a small thing but I've sent three emails to Heighway now asking about availability of Alien in Australia and had no response at all.

This is a valid concern ... I myself sent two emails a while back .. no reply. I did mention this to Andrew at Expo last year. Another kiwi friend of mine seriously wanted a Full Throttle a couple of months back (he had cash in hand and was itching to spend it) He sent one email and got a reply, he responded to make the order and never heard back. Needless to say, he didn't order.

Now I don't know if there is a problem with the Heighway email system or what, but the first rule of retail (I retailed for 25 years) is ANSWER THE EMAILS/PHONE CALLS AND TAKE THE MONEY!!

As per the previous post, if you send KT at Spooky an email, you get a reply within an hour max. If you send me an email about ANYTHING you will get an answer in <10 minutes, unless I am asleep or in a plane.

If the Heighway email system is ok, there needs to be someone in charge of sales/communications.

I learnt this the hard way ... you can not do everything yourself. You need to have some help. Maybe someone handling the sales on a commission basis ... no sales = no wages.

Just my 10c ... I am "rooting" for Heighway to succeed and make 1000s of pinball machines.

rd

#9247 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

what a crap statement that is
There is and will be Heighway Games in NZ,

There is? I don't know of any as yet.

There will be some one day, for sure.

rd

#9249 2 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I get it. It takes time. We're not a priority. We're a small market that requires the same amount of legwork to suss out the details as a larger market

No, it doesn't require anything. They answer an email, take the money, issue an invoice, a truck arrives at the factory and it arrives in NZ x days later.

No effort required. No regulations, no red tape, nothing. Just a sale to a regular joe blow who happens to be shipping it somewhere.

rd

#9252 2 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

What I mean is them figuring out the cost to ship and what duties and tariffs are imposed and managing a custom order

They don't do any of that. The buyer has to handle it. That's how export/import works.

When you are the Stern agent, they send the machines to a port and then its your problem to get them to wherever you want them. Stern issues you an Invoice, delivers the goods to the port (FOB) and you have to handle it from there.

When I bought my Spooky games, same deal as Heighway would be. I had a truck collect them from the factory, and now they are here in my house. No difference to Spooky if I am living 10 miles down the road or 8000 miles away. They put the machines on the cart dock and someone came and took them away.

Even easier for Heighway as NZ is same voltage/Hz as the UK. Just ship out a domestic U.K. game.

rd

#9254 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And what about knowing consumer laws regarding sales in NZ? Warranties? Import restrictions? Duties and taxes? Stuff the company should do due diligence on before doing business (even online) to other countries.

If I import something from overseas, I get no more warranty than I get from the local Stern agents. Lol

I had a couple of small things to sort out with my Spooky pins, I received exactly the same support a local person would get if he needed it. Top notch.

All the taxes etc are the buyers responsibility to pay on arrival at port.

In NZ we only have to pay our version of VAT which is 15% based on the invoice supplied by the manufacturer. You can import anything you want as long as it is not an endangered species or live bees lol

Consumer laws don't apply to a company that is not based in NZ. If I buy an Alien pinball and it burns my house down, that's on me.

rd

#9258 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Just curious, Heighway will quote airfreight door to door right? Once you pay that charge what more does a consumer need to do other than track it and sign for it when it appears at your location?

Don't worry, our NZ discussion doesn't affect what they are offering you guys in the USA. Totally different scenario.

They are shipping themselves to a distribution point in the USA and trucking them from there. I believe you only have to pay the truck costs.

rd

#9262 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All assuming you took the responsibility to import the product.. and your view would apply if you basically bought the product overseas yourself and then imported it yourself

That's what I am referring to. Heighway aren't about to open a branch in NZ any time soon.

rd

#9265 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

VAT isn't charged for outside UK.

That's correct. No UK VAT on exports. Tax is payable in your country if applicable.

rd

2 months later
#10250 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

biomech orifices and dicks. Why do the legs just look like angled pieces of metal? Why not biomech dicks?

He looooooooves the (biotech) dick!

Quoted from aeonblack:

My advice to everyone in this thread: give less f*cks.

That's some golden advice right there. The way some are carrying on, the size of the beacons is going to cause the implosion of the planet....

rd

#10252 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The beacons look fine at any height

Man, those high ones look KILLER!

They'll be on the Super Duper $15,000 LE for sure.

rd

#10302 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The F-14 pin does though and it's fucking awesome.

I've owned several F-14 pins since 1992, and I still reckon the multiball start when all the 3 lights start up is one of the coolest things in pinball.

That is all.

rd

2 weeks later
#10731 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

"Fickle nature" = Drunk iceman

You only just figured that out?

rd

1 month later
#12057 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The Carpenter collection, an amalgamation of:
They Live
Assault on Precinct 13
The Thing
Halloween
Escape from NY
*EDITED* to include Big Trouble in Little China

How about these Carpenters? When I first read it, thats what I thought you actually meant. Haha

rd

IMG_4612 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#13116 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yes. I am sure all manufactures are super serious about everything and can't have a laugh. Look at how miserable Jack was when he came down to Australia

He's going hard! Classic!

rd

#13380 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I just don't see it happening. You know what they say "patience is a virgin"

I actually think it is "patience is a virtue" but if virgin works for you ... carry on.

rd

3 weeks later
#14212 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking its game over man.
Needs a hail mary bailout.

You want to get into the pinball game Ice? Here's your chance ...

rd

#14236 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Only if you are running it RD

I'm trying to get over my chronic fatigue ... I think if I owned a pinball company I'd be dead in a year! I don't need that stress.

rd

#14768 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

No.... I told by wise people before me to go with a distributor instead of direct... money is safe...

I keep hearing this. Over and over.

What makes everyone think a distributor is any different to a manufacturer?

We had the case of the official Australian Jersey Jack distributor stealing everyone's WOZ deposit and payments a few years ago. JJP didn't ... the distributor did. JJP came through and made as many machines that they'd been paid for (with the initial payment from the distributor), and eventually people got a proportion of their money back.

All I'm saying, I'm not giving money to anyone unless there's a machine on a truck the same day.

rd

#14771 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

At this point im not giving anybody money till the box is right in front of me.

Even better.

rd

#14923 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Slamtilt...badass art mang! I love h.r. giger.. that's the stuff right there that keeps me checking these silly threads! Thanks !

Who's dangling their severed leg into your photo?

rd

2 weeks later
#15228 2 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Alien isn't in the same league as Dialed In - not even close.

Maybe not .. but I much preferred playing Alien.

rd

#15271 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

An accurate statement.... "serious" and "pinball" don't go together. Half the problem around here....

I classify myself as a "jovial" collector.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside