• 25,420 posts
  • 996 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 269 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,984 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN7019 (resized).JPG
305759D6-D6DA-4C47-AD7A-447782DD5C88 (resized).png
B104D_01 (resized).jpg
0D8C1541-ADDE-4914-B411-2950A3146BA8 (resized).jpeg
F68847A6-1C0B-441D-ADAE-1401F3F75F3D (resized).jpeg
ED2D1BB3-8C94-4C66-A34A-A91F33BE18C3 (resized).jpeg
3BA0BB41-ADC0-48FF-B103-320F86D2D7F5 (resized).jpeg
80808190-4C66-44F0-9A55-25599AACAF65 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
reebok-alien-stomper-release-date-price-09 (resized).jpg
DSCN6986 (resized).JPG
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
IMG_3045 (resized).jpeg
20190913_192011 (resized).jpg
Xeno Flasher V1-Schematics (resized).png
DSC06383 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redundor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2725 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Drift? Like ... a motorcycle on a slick track? Like in ... Moto GP? Someone should make a game about that!

maybe heighway can work this into one of the modes as well!

2 months later
#4012 3 years ago

The more I look at it the more I like it. I think it's going to look awesome as a complete package, assuming that they do a good job on the plastics. What I think a lot of people are forgetting is that the screen will be showing a ton of graphics and visuals, so the playfield is more of a border for the screen than the main focus. Also, a lot of the blank spots will be covered or filled in with ramps, slings, etc.

Great job Aurich

#4183 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

2) On the chestburster shot, has the pop up target been replaced by something else? I can't tell what that is exactly. A scoop or subway enterance? Maybe a Chestbuster pop-up bash toy like an MMR troll? Or maybe it's just the pop-up target assembly & I'm reading into it too much.

I keep hearing about a controllable drop target, so I suspect it's that. To me controllable would imply that the player can move it up and down, which could be really interesting.

2 months later
#5127 3 years ago

We need to get one of the twitch guys to sneak in there for all of us who can't make it!

#5144 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

This was shown at TPF tonight during the Alien presentation by Heighway Pinball!
It grabs & locks the ball!!

5c76ed1941739407e63253d483f60744ecdc3400.jpeg_(resized).jpg

Wow, that looks rad! I agree that it looks large, so hopefully it fits in scale wise

#5153 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Pretty fucking sweet and can't wait to see it in action. Does another alien mouth thing pop out of that mouth and grab the ball?

Pretty sure I remember reading back in this thread that it will.

4 weeks later
#5354 3 years ago

More info on the Zen tables https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6223

They look ok, but the layouts don't really seem to interesting unlike heighways!

1 week later
#5482 3 years ago

Lunch time on the west coast... It's not looking promising but I still have my fingers crossed!

3 weeks later
#6068 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomahawkjim:

So what are my odds of getting an Alien pinball machine after they start shipping? I didn't pre-order.

Only the LE version is limited, so I'd think there would be no problem getting one.

#6096 3 years ago

I am really really looking forward to playing this pin. The layout looks awesome with so many unique shots. If they do the color changing GI correctly to tie in with the modes the way WOZ does, and change the music and volume to suit it could be awesome!

As for the modes, I hope there is one where the whole playfield going dark with only a few GI lights on to simulate crawling through ducts to hide from the alien. Or dim spots with brighter and the goal is do avoid the light! It sounds like they are well into developing the modes and it also sounds like they want to include a lot of atmosphere, so fingers crossed it all works out as awesome as it sounds like it will!

#6309 3 years ago

Looks awesome! I am sure that they have thought of this already, but if they removed the protective post in front of the upper right flipper they could add another shot from the upper left flipper that would be opened up when holding the upper right flipper up. Think twilight zone.

1 week later
#6428 3 years ago

Just watched David Thiel's talk at the Northwest show and I must say the stuff he could let us listen to is sounding really awesome!

#6431 3 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

So far they only have permission to use voices from the American actors? At least the majority might be included, and from what he was able to play it sounds amazing! Well done.

Yup, American actors only. he also said that fox is only approving asset piecemeal, but that means they may still get access to more as the game develops.

1 week later
#6487 3 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I got to see the video yesterday and I'm a bit more stoked about the pin now. There wasn't a full shot of the playfield sadly but quick flashes of different elements during game play. The egg pop bumpers and face huggers look amazing and the movie clips make this thing look so dark that it's going to do the license justice. I was on the fence about the backbox screen due to the extra cost but after seeing the movie clips and how it looks in FT, I'm not sure how I'm going to talk myself out of it. Andrew is a super nice guy and he said there are possibly some more surprises in store.

I saw it yesterday as well and it looks rad! The dark/black playfield is really going to suit the theme. With the shiny clearcoat it looked like the ball was in space at times. I was also hoping to get a shot of the full machine but the little bits the did show looked great! I'd the sound a lighting effects are on the same level as the hobbit this game is going to be amazing!

1 month later
#6870 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

» YouTube video
Alien stuff is at the end.

That sounds really great! What they show of the screen looks cool as well. A major upgrade from what they did for full throttle.

2 months later
#7633 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

On making the 27" LCD standard. Really?
I completely understand making the 27" LCD a standard on route where it's constantly powered on throughout business hours and takes the form of an SE more often than not and panders to larger groups of people all around it and from across the room.
Assuming the LE models are going into homes and private collections where the pin will be off more than it is on, where it's part of the room decor, (or furniture, if I can call it that) I'm hoping the 27" LCD isn't standardized in the LE model where the pin ends up with an empty looking back box when not turned on.
I suspect/hope the LE buyers that pre-ordered are going to have a choice to opt out of a standardized 27" LCD and have the art there. Afterall, what's the point of the special 35th Aniversary back glass art if it's just going to be trim around a tv screen? Not much to celebrate there.
I know I may be in the minority but I've known what I wanted since the medium and large LCD screens were introduced as options. No medium or large video mirroring LCD's for me please. Call me nuts but I'm still all about the simplicity and innovation of the original concept idea from so so long ago.
I would go LE. It would be placed in a downstairs play room in my home. 6 people could crowd around it and see the playfield if they just had to all watch at once. More than 6 people? Patience, wait your turn, it's not going anywhere.
I suspect there will be some beautiful animations and video clips from the movies that will look just spectacular on that huge 27" screen. I'll miss out on that. But I already know that after I've owned and played the pin for a year and watched all those goo gaas and doo dads a million times before I won't be looking up there anymore, I'll be concentrating on the playfield and planning out what I'm going to do next. The 27" spectical just doesn't outweigh a beautiful lump of Limited Edition furniture IMO.

Not sure why you are getting down voted for politely stating your opinion, but I'd tend to agree with everyone else that for the vast majority of people the large screen is the way to go. Maybe there will be a way the place the backglass over top of the lcd when it's turned off?

#7668 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Just a shaming device which promotes censorship...Why can't it be something more friendly like a sliding scale?
oh wait, tried that and everyone was acting like stern just asked $15k for a vault.

i guess i just more used to down votes reddit where they indicate that the comment doesn't add anything to the conversation or are just bad. There they are specifically not for disagreement, at least in the theory. I'll have to keep it in mind that it's different here!

1 week later
#7805 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Will the drop targets have decals on them or remain black?

noticed that as well. I guess you have to leave some room for mods...

#7892 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

What's going on with the right inlane/outlane area? Is there no divider between the inlane and outlane? I see a post, but nothing else to separate them. Also, it looks like trapping a ball on the lower right flipper will be tricky. If the ball rolls right too far up the guide, it will fall into the gap and drain (sort of like Future Spa).

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

There's a one-way gate there that wasn't installed when this photo was taken

Anyone else notice how the inlanes feed to the flippers?
alien shots (resized).jpg

I drew all the ramp returns and inlanes/outlanes to see how they would work. Looks like it's going to be super fast! Only thing I am not sure about are where the one way gate will be on the right and how the upper left ramp will return. The purple line on the upper right may be for the ball return from the alien ball lock. I guess we'll all know soon enough!

edit: I am also pretty sure you can shoot under the upper left flipper, but I don't know where that would feed to. Looks like the ball save area, so maybe that area behaves differently depending on how the ball gets in there (outlane vs under the upper flipper)

#7898 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This game is going to have a great mix of both great flow as well as stop and go.

Good to know. It didn't look like there was room for the ball rolling on fall through the cutout, which was why i drew it the way I did

#7931 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Likely just 2, to be consistent with the Heighway standard cabinet with modular system.

could be 4 since the buttons on the side are also supposed to be modular, but the flyer only shows one on each side. If someone really wanted to they could probably get a module with two buttons and use it instead, assumed the games is programmed with staged flippers.

1 month later
#9313 2 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

After watching the video and the graphic chestbuster scene, is there going to be a setting that is suitable for young children?

I'd love to have this pin some day, but giving my young children nightmares would seriously factor into my decision on whether or not to get the game. "safe mode" would be a great option.

2 weeks later
#9433 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't understand this comment, can you clarify what you mean?

I don't think he gets that the video clips are "zoomed in" shots of the screen. Looks pretty sweet to me!

1 month later
#10495 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Just so that people are aware: work from my end has been slow on Alien for the last couple of weeks since my brother died; I had to shoot off at very short notice back to Northern Ireland for a funeral service and to address some family matters. I fly back tomorrow, normal service should be resumed later in the week.
Not something I'd normally raise here, but significant given the current gearing up of the game and the spanner this put in the works.

That's so rough. Hopefully you are able to take the time you need before going back to work. I know first hand how hard it is to get your head back into "normal" life after dealing with something like that.

2 weeks later
#10981 2 years ago

Didn't David Thiel say he was waiting for a machine to finalize the sounds? (maybe I saw that on Facebook) so perhaps it's going to him. Or even better, maybe it's going to a distributor, such as nitro which is just down the road from me! One can hope!

#11012 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Now you just need to require him to bring his to the NW Pinball Show in June!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Nitro brought full throttle last year, so if be shocked if they didn't bring alien this year. Or just drive up to there show room and play it when they get their floor model in!

2 weeks later
#11608 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone know what kind of 27" LCD Heighway installs? If it's a commercial grade wells Gardner or similar monitor it probably runs close to $500. If it's consumer level it's probably closer to $200. Has anyone de-cased and installed their own display in a FT to save some cash?- although you'd have to get a bezel as well. Probably not worth the hassel!

99% sure I remember reading a post from Andrew that it's a commercial quality monitor.

2 weeks later
#12171 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I came across this photo in another thread, but didn't see it posted here so thought I'd share. It's impressive how many shots are in this game.

The upper left flipper can't hit the drop targets? It looks like it should be able to.

#12350 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The skip is something I intend to fix with a tweak to the end section of the platform, it's happening because the ball comes down the left ramp much faster on average than it did before.

A similar thing happens on a hobbit a friend of mine has. The right wire form causes the ball to spin from the inlane to the outlane. Super frustrating when it happens, but that's pinball. If it was my game id be right in there tweaking to get it working "properly", but some people don't mind...

Still worth trying to minimize it as much as possible!

2 weeks later
#12724 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I left my keys about 1000 miles away so waiting for them to be shipped.

Man that sucks. At least there's not anything super important in the back box

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Göteborg, VäSTRA GöTALANDS LäN
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Los Altos, CA
$ 28.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redundor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside