DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20662 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I feel gutted for everyone tied up in this mess, but one of the biggest problems surrounding Alien and Andrew was no one could say a bad word about him and his antics, without being shot down by the rabbid fanboys, who ironically don’t post in this thread anymore.

It's an all too common pattern that you see with these wannabe startups.

Homepin and the local Aussie lapdogs that used to lurk around on pinside is another example. 95% of them have skulked back to the local AA forum hive safezone now that it has inevitably gone pear shaped and the official TBAG thread on here is a vacuum.

Devotee fanboy plebs in general are simply too stupidly servile to realise they are doing more harm than good with their slavish behaviour.

Quoted from Roostking:

If this is true, its over. CT was the last bastion of hope and HW may have just fucked that up.

No, there is another but he has his own agenda for now.

#20664 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

There is nothing on AA. I have one of these machines and can’t find anyone else’s experience with it in Australia except from the distributor.

The distributor is a current paid up commercial sponsor on that forum.

He got reinstated through the Homepin loophole after being banned for life except that Homepin has subsequently been deemed persona non grata there so how to conduct commercial sales on a commercially biased forum without drawing the arbitrary ire of the Admin?

Machines are being sold locally in Australia (approaching 40 by last count) but to new money - those who are outside of the local pinball forum clique and either don't know the backstory or the risk of being able to obtain replacement parts in the future.

#20680 6 years ago

It also raises a concern about the Aussie distributor who effectively queue jumped and do have stock and are now openly selling units to the general public under the guise that there will be long term parts and technical support for the product.

At least those consumers will have the Australian Fair Trading Act to fall back on.

#20734 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Ouch - CT suspends new Alien orders, and Helmut isn't with Heighway anymore. That's two serious 'body shots' to a fighter who seems backed up against the ropes already.

Meanwhile in Australia.

road to nowhere (resized).jpgroad to nowhere (resized).jpg

#20742 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

What, nobody to talk to at your work?
The negative of being a funeral director I guess

I wouldn't know as that isn't my current employment and never has been.

Quoted from Mr68:

Have that many people dropped out or lost interest in Alien and the company itself? Have past situations such as this made people numb to it all? Anecdotal evidence maybe, but seems to me this is indicative of Heighway's current situation and their future.

Most people by now can see through the blatant self promotion and huckstering in this thread from those looking to try and make a quick buck on a product that is now given the circumstances is in all likelihood going to turn into a $14,000 doorstop in the next 12 months if not sooner.

If the US market has all but collapsed and it appears based on recent posts to be true then there is no future for this company and more importantly long term tech/parts support. A handful of units spead across Europe is not going to allow a company to retain long term solvency. Cointaker to their credit refusing to take money on new orders until there is visible evidence of game support for current owners at the manufacturer level is to be commended and is prima facie evidence of at least one distributor who has integrity.

I truly feel for those who put down deposit money in good faith all those years ago whilst queue jumpers effectively hijacked it at the eleventh hour just to make some easy cash from the unwary.

As reiterated earlier, locally at least the Australian Consumer law (goods not fit for purpose/to be free from reasonable defects/of merchantable quality et al) will be able to provide restitution from those limited number of people who will be affected down here.

#21426 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Ben,
Don't you think it's a bit unprofessional to say that 'spooky game has issues' in a thread about a Heighway going under. Loosing hundreds of 1000s of customers money.
When the issue you are talking about seems to be the fact that some people are complaining about the way ACNC shoots? Aren't they 2 separate things completely?
I am sure you agree it a reckless thing to say. When most people won't be able to make the distinction. I didn't even make the connection until I went into the Alice Cooper thread.
I understand your frustration. Maybe there should be a separate thread about moderation instead of having it here.

No. This is how proper forums with a truly global membership operate. The dissemination of pertinent information for the greater good of the community without fear, favour or pandering to commercial interests through biased moderation techniques.

Living on the other side of the world like yourself I am relying on those who are close to the ground to get that information out there so that I can assess the information given and form a reasonable conclusion and I would like to feel that on pinside that can be reciprocated relating to any of our local wannabe startups without being censured by white knighters or moderated into silence.

Most people on pinside are intelligent enough to distinguish between Ben's concerns and the main theme even if the issues are raised in the same thread.

Remember this isn't the geographically parochial Aussie Arcade where the 15 active members there are inherently servile and the purple circle leadership are mentally defective bogans.

#21585 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

If they sold games to a 3rd party company like a distributor, the distributor can take as long as thy want to sell

Except there are requirements under our Australian consumer law for a commercial seller in cases when a manufacturer enters insolvency/bankruptcy and liquidation.

Seller must have adequate supply of spare parts and authorised replacement stock to guarantee and repair/replace at their cost any subsequent defects or parts breakages in sold product for a period of a minimum of 12 months FROM THE TIME OF SALE.

Or

Seller must disclose to the purchaser at the time of sale and prior to sales contract completion that parts supply is no longer available due to the manufacturer dissolving previously. Failure to do so can allow the contract to be rescinded by the purchaser due to fraudulent omission.

2 months later
#22686 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

For the first year, I think they're obligated to replace or service *faulty* parts, if they're available. It doesn't matter if the original manufacturer is bust.
But unless the major parts are all reproduced quickly by secondaries, you'd likely be on the hook for everything. Stuff like the playfield will probably never be reproduced, if it gets munched, as there are too few machines, and the license would be costly.

Similar legislation down here.

Australian consumer law for a commercial reseller is 12 months from the time of sale regardless of manufacturer bankruptcy unless it is disclosed to the buyer at the time of sale as to the inability to supply future replacement parts.

1. Replace.
2. Return.
3. Refund.

Of course an international sale would virtually invalidate that requirement.

Quoted from vdojaq:

Not here, sold as is.

Now you know why so many are landing in the US from the antipode over recent weeks.

Pump and dump.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=pinsanity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.