• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19691 1 year ago

Hey guys my Alien LE is about to ship out and Im being asked what color trim I want. Can anyone share their trim option so I can make a decision?
Thanks

#19695 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Black.
Blue looks terrible. MO
Green meh!
(best to powdercoat yourself)

Yeah green looks good on my AFMR, and blue .. doesn't even go with the theme. I think Im going with black.. but have a little bit more time to decide.

#19696 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Out of curiosity, when did you order yours?

Man I dont remember.. a long long time ago?

#19702 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

We'll that sucks I ordered from Cointaker July of 2016. Still nothin. Complete BS.

I emailed them for an update they said they are going to call in 1-2 weeks for rest of payment then machines will be shipped in about 35 days

#19706 1 year ago

Blue is out, too much.. Im down to black and green. Decisions..decisions...

#19712 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I've had the ball launch, targets blocking zeno mouth (still haven't got this one completely), one switch had to swap connectors, extra parts (I think) laying on the pf, adjust the trough eject and launch power settings, now the scoop isn't detecting balls. I don't even want to put the glass on anymore until it works 100% for a while - it is a total pain to take off.

OMG that many problems??

#19732 1 year ago

I really hope the Alien doesn't come soon. My wife finds out another pinball machine she'll probably kick me out of the house. I lied when I got my AFMRLE and told her i won it in a raffle.. oh well.

2 months later
#20823 1 year ago

I thought my LE was going to come anyday now.. haha.. well its over. I will likely ask for my deposit of 2k back. Check out my new video reviews, more to come! Just getting started!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJE2NBhlqLAvAF2IZ1IPDGA/featured?view_as=subscriber

#20845 1 year ago

This is too bad, I already told my wife I won another pinball machine and its on the way.. (trying to hide the cost of my machines from her). Oh well, guess Ill tell her the prize was taken back.

1 week later
#21818 1 year ago

I finally saw one and got to play one in Ann Arbor, MI today. I liked it. A little sluggish.. but looked fantastic. I haven't been keeping up with the thread, is it over 100%? Are we getting any deposits/money back soon?
Thanks

#21874 1 year ago

Is Cointaker refunding deposits??

2 weeks later
#22224 1 year ago

So what are you guys who have one doing for tech support or parts? What if something goes wrong with it, what do you do?

1 week later
#22287 1 year ago

The Alien LE doesn't come with a shaker installed?

1 week later
#22314 1 year ago

Do all the LEs have lighted side cabinet panels?

1 week later
#22440 12 months ago

So far it sounds like none of the Alien owners are disappointed with their purchase? All happy?

#22448 12 months ago

Well guess I missed the boat on this one . I put a deposit down a long time ago.. oh well. I guess I will wait for CGC # 3.. whenever that is announced.

#22452 12 months ago
Quoted from swenny:

I'm one that isn't too happy. Damn thing has never worked correctly out of the gate. I bought it through CT and Melissa is kind of trying to help, but it's been slow going.

Can you tell me what is wrong, is it a board problem? Does it work at all?

#22458 12 months ago
Quoted from swenny:

I suspect it is a board problem, possibly a bad connector or port somewhere as it will start out OK, but then act like the ball has drained mid-ball. Other times I get infinite multi-ball. Once in a great while I'll get a ball (not a whole game) where it will play normally, but that's not often.
Wish I could get it fixed, because on those rare occasions where it works correctly it really is an enjoyable pin.

Man that would be difficult to work with. I have an awesome pinball tech nearby he fixed my Adams family in seconds, was a broken wire soldered it and done. Hopefully you will figure it out !

#22469 12 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Interesting developments at Deeproot Pinball related to Heighway, I wonder what this means?
https://thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-update-plus-interview-new-hire-new-building-new-creative-studio-new-licenses-and-help-offered-to-those-who-lost-money-on-pre-orders-from-other-companies/
"From October 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018, we will offer some form of relief to those affected customers of Heighway/Pinball Bros and Dutch Pinball who have not received their promised game or other relief. While it won’t make up for the wrongs, it is the right thing to do, and we are sure will be appreciated by the hundreds of affected customers.”

Can only mean good news!

#22489 12 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So far, Deeproot has only announced their high end title. It's going to be Jpop's "Alice in Wonderland". At $50K a copy, I have zero interest no matter how limited the run is.
https://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-deeproot-pinballs-high-end-theme-revealed-scott-danesi-talks-new-game-todd-tuckey-pinball-books-more/

50k!! For Alice in Wonderland!? Off with their heads!

1 week later
#22518 11 months ago

I believe cointaker will take care of its customers.. may take time.. but will get it to everyone eventually.

#22523 11 months ago

Honestly this whole Alien pinball machine thing has given me lots of sleepless nights and anxiety. I wish it was never made. Im one of those that once I want something, I can't rest until I get it... and if I can't get it.. I get very very upset. Im going to go get a doughnut now.

#22535 11 months ago

Well Im in, I got an SE fully loaded (topper, shaker, lighted panels). Not the LE I wanted, but I think any other differences are minor. Most my collection are LEs,... my first standard edition

#22539 11 months ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

How do you manage to continue going on in life? Your courage to face each day is truly an act of extraordinary courage.
QSS

I cant.. I can't sleep, I can't focus. This pinball stuff has taken my energy. I may go as far as make my own plaque and put it on the machine # 1 of 1

#22543 11 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

People have made the inner lit side blades/rails?

Mine came with those stadium lights, looks good to me. Anything else the LE has that the SE doesn't have?

#22545 11 months ago

Does anyone know the best way to clean up the ramps a little bit, they have a lot of ball marks/scratches here and there on the metal areas

#22558 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

By the sounds of it, approx 120 to 140 games were built.

Wow that’s it ? That’s including both le and se?

#22567 11 months ago

Got my spot ready next to my Star Trek le , next to Addams didn’t make sense

8E86A802-5F14-4BB7-97FD-6A33A8544EDB (resized).jpeg
#22624 11 months ago

Finally! One amazing pinball. So much going on...

IMG_0855 (resized).jpg
#22626 11 months ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Very nice!!! Where did you get the beacons?

The guy who sold it to me I guess already got it like that . It wasn’t working initially but figured out where to put the wires in a different thread. Sure does add to the suspense of the game !

#22628 11 months ago

I dont know about you guys, but my Alien SE is freaking loud! even at 1 its like unbearable. Guess I will have to made adjustments in the menu system to 50% for music, voice etc. Anyone else experience this? I dont know how Im going to play this game at night, it kind of freaks me out especially the ambush and queens nest mode with the lights going off.. almost crapped in my pants.

#22631 11 months ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

You can adjust the amplifier under the playfield for better sound.
http://www.heighwaypinball.com/documents/

Aha! thanks for the tip! That did the trick. Amazing sound system, especially the bass.. wow. Are the lights supposed to off during ambush? Mine don't .. unless its at the end of ambush because I fail pretty quickly anyways.

#22655 11 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hopefully someday a good company gets the assets remaining and produces Alien. Until then...

Yes i hope so, this is a game pinball fans must experience.. must. The missions, sounds, videos.. this is hands down one of the best machines ever made. Im so happy I could get one, after waiting months for an LE, I gave up.. I know its never going to come. If you are a fan of the Aliens movie (or franchise in general), this is just an amazing piece to own.

#22660 11 months ago

Truly game over man.. game over.

#22668 11 months ago

I think I will get the powerloader to put between the lights as another topper.. just for show. I have the figure on the left, but that power loader.. sweet.

hottoysripley2 (resized).jpg
#22673 11 months ago

Yeah warranty! !?? Haha.. dont make me laugh.. haha.

#22675 11 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The retailer is obligated to cover it for one year, in the EU, minimum. Some countries require more. The obligation then falls to the manufacturer, or their distributing agent in the country, after that period.
By asking if there are any in stock, I assume he means from a dealer / retailer.

Man how come we dont have such rules in the States. Oh wait, we hate paying a tiny extra tax to fix the crappy roads. We want money to magically appear.

#22679 11 months ago

Hey guys I just realized my shaker motor wasn't working and when I opened the coin door its was unplugged.. does anyone know where it connects to?
Thanks

#22681 11 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Maybe it's just me, but due to those who have lost money on this game, I cringe a little when I see people raving about the game, discussing mods and looking for repair information in this thread.
Would it be better to ask for repair advice in the thread below? It would help keep the information in one place too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien/page/12#post-4500519
I think there are review threads too that could be added to.

Oh ok.. lets not talk about alien in the alien thread. Ill move it to the other one you mentioned. We should leave this thread for complaining.
Thanks

#22683 11 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Man this game sucks. Good thing the company went out business.. horrible horrible game. Wish I never bought it. Lost 10K for nothing. now I get a paper weight that does nothing but lights up, and makes weird sounds/music/call overs. I wish I lived on a second story building then I can throw it out the window. How can these idiots come up with such a piece of crap machine. Morons.. all morons

Does this sound better ?

#22689 11 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

On the board just inside the coindoor is a connector that says “shaker motor” go figure..

haha.. thanks
man

#22695 11 months ago

On the board just inside the coindoor is a connector that says “shaker motor” go figure..

Back to square one my se doesn’t seem to have that board

#22709 11 months ago

Dont know if this is the right thread, but that sentry gun mode is pretty cool. Right from the Aliens extended movie. I remember my mom saw it with me when it first came out in the movie theater. She was scared. Awesome scene.

#22751 11 months ago

are pinstadium lights removable?

#22755 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yup, and then toss them in the trash where they belong!

haha. I guess I will try my Alien without them. They came installed from previous owner. Glad someone asked about this, dont want to miss out on what the Alien experience should be.

#22758 11 months ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

you must choose... but choose wisely.

Not sure why this post as downvoted.. but thanks for the information

#22804 10 months ago

Does anyone know if replacement plastic pieces can be found anywhere? I was examining my play field more carefully today and noticed a crack on the right plastic set that is near the edge of the right play field.. small.. but there.
Thanks

#22845 10 months ago

Has anybody had a chance to hook up an external sub? I got that polk audio 10" from Amazon for like 99.00. I think I just wire it to the leads on the existing woofer in the cabinet, + / -.. and let the power to the sub take care of the rest

#22847 10 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Curious to see if you think the subwoofer adds much. As it is, I can feel the floor vibrate with the stock speakers on some of the low notes.

Yes the bass is already pretty good.. but I need more. I need to feel my pants vibrate.

#22869 10 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Yes - I put extension wire on the existing leads and ran it out the bottom screen - sounds amazing.

Got to installing the sub this am. I just used some electrical tape to mount the speaker wire on top of the existing sub leads. Lucky for me.. my cabinet already had two holes near the shaker motor so I squeezed the speaker wire out through there.. haha. Looks like whoever installed the shaker didn't do it right the first time.. leaving two small holes.. enough for speaker wire!

#22881 10 months ago

Man what a great community.

#22916 10 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

If you have the latest code, she says some things in ambush multiball

Vasquez is my favorite... you see her pic briefly when loading up the Marines, and then you hear her during Ambush.. awesome character.

1 week later
#22967 10 months ago

I put a 2k deposit with Cointaker for an LE some time ago. About 2 months ago told me they are getting me a NIB LE. I waited and waited and waited. I wrote them tons of emails no response. They claimed it shipped.. nothing. No response. One guy was selling an LE from Australia here on pinside.. my only chance. But stupid me held off because I had a deposit with Cointaker and I trusted them.. and guess what.. nothing. Nada. No NIB LE. One big fat lie. Got my deposit back, went to another source and all Alien LE sold out, and had to get an SE. No more cointaker for me. I know some people swear by them but if they had just told me we can't get it for you, I could have at least got the LE from the other seller. Wasted my time and opportunity

#22969 10 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Why Australia? There are some very few nib in Europe. That is still your opportunity

Thanks for the tip, I think I am satisifed with my SE since it works fine. Once in a while the ball gets stuck, and the Only thing I am missing is the LE plaque and the side art/blades that light up. But other then that its working .. I would hate to order one over seas and come broken.. that would make me sad

#22978 10 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

GTFO of here with that shit.
He got his deposit back. He got a game some people put $8000 down for, didn't get their money back, and didn't get a game they were promised. You miss the previous 400+ pages where all of that happened? Hell, he is even thumbs-upping my post, and he did not verbally retort, but YOU did....?
Know your history before you tell me what to do and start throwing out personal attacks.

Shalimar is an indian restaurant in Ann arbor. It used to be good.. now it sucks. Indian restaurants are so hit or miss.

#22985 10 months ago

Finally hooked up an external woofer. I bought this polk audio for 99.00 from Amazon. Stripped some speaker wire, put alligator clips on one end and connected it right to the existing woofer in the cabinet. It definitely adds more bass. I also got the Pinstadium lights they look awesome. Lights up the play field much better and can be controlled with iphone app (colors/brightness etc). Just FYI in case anyone looking to do some upgrades

#22993 10 months ago

haha blanket.
Looks good.

#22998 10 months ago

Here are some quick answers..
- do I have to put some mylar on the playfield? (scoop, magnet,..)
Nope, nobody can make you do anything. But you should put some mylar on the scoop and buy/install a cliffy.
- Is it better to remove te post under the upper right flipper?
No, don't do that.
- Can I adjust my popbumpers? The doesn't "pop" a lot...
Yes you can, its the same adjustment as any other pinball machine.. The spoon switch.
- Can i buy a lock for my backbox?
Yes you can, they are available on amazon. amazon.com link »

Is getting a lock for the backbox optional for some versions of Alien? Because my SE has like two locks

#23008 10 months ago
Quoted from adamross:

Would love to see pics of your pinstadium lights when you get a chance!

Here you go this is like 15% brightness

53DE59FE-5CF3-46B4-A004-38016EEE876F (resized).jpeg659DF8A5-2824-4745-94C8-B90A97EFE369 (resized).jpeg7E3D472C-D233-4574-B462-A4BB722E6C5B (resized).jpegA4599E7B-7837-4621-B0F6-81DE6CFFC8E7 (resized).jpegD71654F8-DD2D-4EF0-968B-4EC86E4ED685 (resized).jpeg
#23034 9 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Woaahhh .. this little machine wil kill 25 jobs in China Great !!
@oneangrymo : Thanks for the pics ... too much LED for me but sure, intresting to play an Alien in the dark **AND** see the balls.

I think your right. The Pinstadium lights are nice, but they kept falling off, I dont think I installed them right because the adhesive on the magnetic strips aren't sticking good. I may just remove them completely and use the game as it was made from the factory. My opinion about adding extra lights to a game is kind of like a director making a movie. The game was designed to be this bright or that dark.. its what the designer wanted. Makes sense?

Mo

#23038 9 months ago

Yes I have played it in the dark and it is amazing.. but the only thing I didn't like was a little bit of green light bleeding in near the inserts which tell what mission you are under the Aliens movie section. Like near the APC insert. Anyone else notice this?

Mo

#23042 9 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Does your game have the lighted inner side blades? From pictures I’ve seen they seem to provide the perfect amount of light for the play field

No man I have the se . I was thinking if installing lighted blades but it looks hard.

#23047 9 months ago

Well I decided to replace the Pinstadium lights with the EL blakdes that Sunking posted about. Pretty pricey.. I hope its an easy install, but that should make my machine as close to an LE as possible, just no plaque. Anyone else have custom EL blades?

#23051 9 months ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I was pretty sure I had seem people mention making some, but I'm not finding the post(s) in my search.
If you do take the plunge let us know the details. I'm contemplating doing the EL panels myself. But, I was wondering what the LE panel dimensions are so I can match it up to how they are done.

Sunking made some posts about it before. I hope it works out good because it was expensive.. I bought extra parts just to make sure I dont run out. The inverter needs to be plugged in somewhere. Does anyone know if I can just cut the plug, strip it and plug it into the "V+" and "V-" in the power supply?
Thanks

#23064 9 months ago

Actually I change my mind about pinstadium lights, they arent that bad and with a setting of even small amt like 5-10% light it does add some needed light on the play field.. Im happy with it. I still ordered all the EL stuff, so I will post more when I get it

As far as the ball launch area, does anyone know the size of the screw that is flat to replace the rounded one near the ball trough area? I think someone else mentioned this was an issue, and I think it may actually be blocking some of my balls from going into the launch area appropriately some of the time
THanks

#23068 9 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Actually I change my mind about pinstadium lights, they arent that bad and with a setting of even small amt like 5-10% light it does add some needed light on the play field.. Im happy with it. I still ordered all the EL stuff, so I will post more when I get it
As far as the ball launch area, does anyone know the size of the screw that is flat to replace the rounded one near the ball trough area? I think someone else mentioned this was an issue, and I think it may actually be blocking some of my balls from going into the launch area appropriately some of the time
THanks

Ok so I just happened to find a small screw leftover from Ikea that happens to fit the slot, more flat then round (original screw to the right). So far its working fine. I hope it keeps up. Now only problem is EL blades which are on the way (this is going to be great fun), and some of the lighting from side panels falling down, some double sided tape should do the trick

IMG_1001 (resized).jpg
#23090 9 months ago

Thanks to Sunking, I dived into installing EL blades. Just got the set from England. First the parts.. I ordered too much, all the other inverters were excess, I hope the store can take them back. Anyways removing the blades were easy, all you had to do was unscrew them. Take them off, then put the EL blades on, I put two per blade, and taped them. This is test run.. check out photos. I will be done probably in couple days. few minutes here, few minutes there

IMG_1013 (resized).jpgIMG_1014 (resized).jpgIMG_1015 (resized).jpgIMG_1016 (resized).jpg
#23145 9 months ago

Does anyone know where I can get replacement side art blades?
Thanks
Mo

#23147 9 months ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Oh no - what happened?

I scratched the blade art a little bit while taking some tape off to readjust my EL blades . Didn't realize the tape was that strong and I ripped it too fast
took some mild art off. Maybe I will just scotch tape next time. Is that what you used?

#23148 9 months ago

Finally done this Am . Took me total about 2 hours but I’m not done wiring the power source into the machine. I think it looks cool but I don’t think it adds much light to the play field . I may either also add pinstadium lighting or I may wait for timbandits slingshot mod

0BAC96AE-221E-415D-8145-DC6595386F1D (resized).jpeg
#23152 9 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally done this Am . Took me total about 2 hours but I’m not done wiring the power source into the machine. I think it looks cool but I don’t think it adds much light to the play field . I may either also add pinstadium lighting or I may wait for timbandits slingshot mod
[quoted image]

Ok installation finished .. my gosh when I contacted the power there was a big spark I immediately turned off the machine ..
Luckily everythjng ok .. I hate electrical work

#23157 9 months ago

Ok I think my machine is as close to an LE as possible without the plaque. The only remaining problem I have is the ball launch area. It gets hung up in that corner not all the time, but sometimes.. Ive noticed that the ball launch area on my Alien has a shorter metal siding compared to my other pinball machines. Does anyone have a part replacement or fix for that ?

#23167 9 months ago

Hey guys Ive noticed that some owners.. their xeno head jaw is completely closed then opens with the tongue/magnet. Mine is always open, opens a little bit more when it activates. Which one is normal? Does that mean my jaw is broken?
Thanks
Mo

#23172 9 months ago

Hey guys that switch to the left of the drop ship ramp on the right keeps getting stuck! I have to lift up the play field, unscrew it, play with it for a while, put it back, then it happens again. Does anyone have a fix for this situation?
Thanks

#23176 9 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Good to hear. If full throttle uses the same switching 70v power supply, they're likely to get the same result. You can do this mod for a fair bit less, we both used 100v caps.
[quoted image]

Can u guys do a write up on how to do this for noobies?

#23178 9 months ago

Im actually loving my Alien more and more. Yes there seems to always be something here and there that needs a little tweaking but I actually find the shots pretty satisfying when playing a mode. I dont know which mode is my favorite so far.. they are all pretty cool. I can't seem to get past that scene where he lifts that colonists head up during bug hunt. That shot is very hard.

#23186 9 months ago
Quoted from cyber-greg:

the game uses the shaker too little, it is also his biggest fault.

Yes I hope that as community keeps working on their alien pins a new firmware will be released that uses it more often then just my failed apc mission !

1 week later
#23242 9 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Thanks.
Had also jaw stuck and it was the connector unplugged. It does not hold strongly, and i guess I would have this issue again in the future unless I stick it.
My attention was also catches with the board beside that was a bit askew coz was coming up against the EL inverter set ar the bottom of the cabinet. So I lowered it.
There are some loose cables with connectors. What are they used for?
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thats strange, thats the power interverter for the EL blades.. yours arent attached??

1 week later
#23331 8 months ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Yesterday I managed to complete all four Multiballs and was expecting "All out war" to start. But nothing happened and all the other multiballs were reset. Do I need to complete everything to get to All out war? Thanks.

I was under the impression that all out war was never completed unless there was an update to this?

2 weeks later
#23400 8 months ago

Nib Alien LE
From Australia .. awesome packing
Thanks Wayne

9367B0FB-F250-484F-8B8D-A7CC8520B6D3 (resized).jpeg
#23401 8 months ago

Amazing ! I love new pinball smell

23CB5989-A952-4D9C-949F-A6D32BB4CBCA (resized).jpeg9AB72C66-ACE5-44FC-B9B9-5BE49A4E95E9 (resized).jpegF9D7F8CE-440D-4958-9E02-951B2068D271 (resized).jpeg
#23402 8 months ago

Going for a spin got it into basement wife still at Costco boom! Dirty carpet ! Need to vacuum got 1/2 hour left !

193C6AE4-82E3-4103-BA92-79E33EC7FDFD (resized).jpeg5E4E83A1-842B-4016-8FA4-B757489BCB1B (resized).jpeg82CCD929-81D0-48B9-A1B2-2AE91F3054A7 (resized).jpegAFF42716-E445-430F-8F79-F16DA7C8E327 (resized).jpegB5A59ADA-5F35-4D9C-A7D1-C9EDDB8C3328 (resized).jpeg
#23403 8 months ago

Bottom of the pinball machine box I hope there aren’t more like these

BCB6B52F-6A56-4CA3-A5BE-DBFAFEFC8E96 (resized).jpeg
#23404 8 months ago

I guess it took a good whack during transport does anyone have replacement parts ?

35CF57D3-D80C-4A44-9A16-17BC82D4F371 (resized).jpeg5B3781CD-5B0B-42D3-992B-D07FCABA309D (resized).jpeg
#23407 8 months ago

Hey guys my ball launcher is really weak. It keeps going and going until finally the ball makes it over maybe on the 4-5 th attempt. I switched the power supply over to US on the big silver back power supply, is there another switch or something else Im missing here?
Thanks

#23411 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my ball launcher is really weak. It keeps going and going until finally the ball makes it over maybe on the 4-5 th attempt. I switched the power supply over to US on the big silver back power supply, is there another switch or something else Im missing here?
Thanks

Hey guys I adjusted all power supplies to US 110 or whatever, but my launcher still is weak. Keeps firing probably 4-5 times before ball finally makes it! Any other advice?
Thanks

#23413 8 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Capacitor mod!

Ah man.. I didnt' want to get into that because Im not good at these things.

#23416 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ah man.. I didnt' want to get into that because Im not good at these things.

Quoted from Frli002:

Sound like you have one of the previous games. The new games have super good launcher, i have mine on the lowest.

I dont know mine looks like its a new edition. It has a cliffy in the scoop, the sub speaker is actually white. THe wiring looks pretty good. Is it the autolaunch setting that I want to adjust? Do you think the spring is bad on the launcher, maybe it needs to be replaced?

#23420 8 months ago

Man U guys are great thanks for your interest in helping . My problem is #2.. not all the time but sometimes it just can’t make it up the wireform. If someone has an easy answer I would appreciate it

#23429 8 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

To own an Alien you have to be good at EVERYTHING.....

Oh yes for sure I spent hours on my se

#23433 8 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Could you describe the problem a little more?
1) Is it not making it to the launcher?
2) Is it launching but not making it up the wireform?
3) Is it launching and making it up the wireform but bouncing back?

Ok more to my problem # 2. It only happens if its autolaunching! Not when I press the button to launch the ball. If I press the button the launch is strong and 100% . If its multi ball or a scream save, then the launcher does this nonsense.. where does that point the problem to?

#23440 8 months ago

Hey guys just to update and seek opinions on my recent NIB LE:

1) The Xenomorph tongue was not working, it would get stuck going out. Thanks to you guys and Wayne I took the top of the xeno head off, and loosened the two bolts on the side of the device. This worked well! The Xenomorph works awesome now ! BUT! I dropped one of the damn screws on the side of the head, and it fell into either the cabinet or the one of the two troughs in the play field! I can't find it. Is this a big deal? Anyone know replacement size to get? Thanks

2) The left ramp switch kept getting stuck, but a little bend fixed that

3) Im still trying to figure out the shooter lane problem, without having to do the capacitor mod

Thanks for all your help guys!

#23442 8 months ago

Mine does that noise too . I guess mine was really rushed out the door as they forgot to put nuts
On the entire left rear plastic piece ! Haha!
Just noticed that ! I get one thing done list of problems just to add another

654FC32B-2725-4E13-881F-F7E77C1E41A1 (resized).jpeg
#23447 8 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Welcome to the club ... my Alien has it also. Specially if the glasmagazin is removed ...
But now we read why its noisy .... we have to live with it ...

Maybe it’s there to keep us Alert and awake during gameplay ?

#23448 8 months ago

Heres my launch problems. Do you think if I did that one fix by placing a washer under one of the bolts holding the launcher it will help angle it and this will be solved? ANy ideas?
Thanks

#23450 8 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Does it look like the plunger is striking the ball in the middle?
Did you try moving the coil manually to see if anything is binding?
You might try swapping the I/O board with one of other ones to see if that makes a difference. Be careful when removing and inserting the USB cable.

Hey thanks for the reply!

I dont think the coil is binding feels free to me. I will check when I get home to make sure its striking the middle of the ball. If not maybe I should try that washer fix that someone else mentioned? I hope its that easy because I dont want to get into removing boards and stuff!
Mo

#23452 8 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

You are having the same problem that many of us had - you need to adjust the angle of the plunger and/or ajust the "cliffy" protector it may be causing the ball to go off center when launched.

Man you guys are amazing ! That fixed it ! I put one washer and now it’s better then ever ! Awesome ! Now I just a replacement side panel some nuts missing from left plastics and I’m done !

1 week later
#23524 7 months ago

The acrylic set sure does look good.. nice work!

#23534 7 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The people worldwide that are kicking F ing ass on this pin and the Alien community is AWESOME!
Andrew should have open sourced this venture a long time ago. Love this game!

Oh yeah man this game is the best! Its my favorite in my collection, and probably the rarest I guess. The gameplay is just amazingly fun. The LE i have is far superior build quality compared to the SE I had. The only problem I have.. only problem... is very rarely maybe 1 out of 100 times, the ball launcher launches two balls instead of one. It doesn't bother me too much, but the trough/launcher I think could have been made better. My favorite is the loader fight, the lights on the playfield with a circling yellow pattern is awesome. Adds to the intensity of the game.
Oh and the community is amazing. You guys helped me fix my launcher, i found a replacement side panel to my cracked LE panel. Amazing!

#23542 7 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I guess it took a good whack during transport does anyone have replacement parts ?
[quoted image]

Thanks to Daniel at free play I got
My replacement panel today ! It’s amazing ! My LE is now 100% mint . I feel like cartman at casa bonita!

22E639DA-609B-4ABA-9FFC-5EBC0C1DC17E (resized).jpeg
#23556 7 months ago

After playing an Alien, its weird going back to a Stern... feels like an anorexic toy.

#23567 7 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I know there are not a lot of games out there but I was surprised to see no Alien videos on YouTube more recent than 6-8 months ago.

Ill post a review ! Check out my youtube channel full of Star Wars goodness!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJE2NBhlqLAvAF2IZ1IPDGA?view_as=subscriber

1 month later
#23651 6 months ago

Hey guys, as some of you are aware during moving my Alien LE, it fell onto my left leg causing a fracture. All is fine, Im recovering, and there wasn't a single damage to the Alien except one of siren lights is slightly tilted, so I ordered a replacement. Everything was working fine, but now the top two egg pop things don't light up. I tried the single lamp test, it doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas? I lifted the play field everything is ok inside
THanks

IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
#23654 6 months ago

I posted this lamp matrix on pinwiki, http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Heighway_Pinball_Repair#Lamp_Matrix. These lamps work in a chain, and if one bulb is out or broken all the lamps after it in the chain will not work. In this case it looks like somewhere in the chain 1-A may have a bulb broken or missing. In single lamp test follow that chain from the beginning and see where the fault starts. If you don't have any extra LED lamps to test with, grab one from another string temporarily to test replace to see if you can find the culprit.

Awesome thanks for the advice I’ll try this

#23655 6 months ago

I posted this lamp matrix on pinwiki, http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Heighway_Pinball_Repair#Lamp_Matrix. These lamps work in a chain, and if one bulb is out or broken all the lamps after it in the chain will not work. In this case it looks like somewhere in the chain 1-A may have a bulb broken or missing. In single lamp test follow that chain from the beginning and see where the fault starts. If you don't have any extra LED lamps to test with, grab one from another string temporarily to test replace to see if you can find the culprit.

Ok so single lamp test shows that lamp 1-A1 doesn't light up.. then the rest of the lights work until I get to 1-A11. Then the rest doesn't work. So does that mean both 1-A1 and 1-A11 should be replaced? And does anyone know the right LED bulb to match? But you know what, temporarily both eggs lit up yesterday, then went out again. So I dont think its those Jet bulbs that are the problem.
Thanks!!

#23660 6 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

First thing I’d check would simply be the security of bulbs 1A-10, 1A-11, 1A-12 in their sockets... since it sounds like the game took a Big Bang (sorry about your leg — heal quickly!) it easily could’ve loosened a lamp in its socket, causing intermittent connection down the chain of lights.
If you do need a new lamp (which sounds like might be the case for 1A-1), TimeBandit is selling replacements that seem to get thumbs-up from those who’ve bought them (which reminds me that I should order some for myself!).
It’s also possible that there’s a bad trace on the PCB, but start with the easiest solution first.
Good luck!

Thanks for all the advice guys. I took apart the 1A-10 etc egg and looked at the light, it looked fine, and was hooked up fine. The 1A bulb is like impossible to get to, its all the way in the left upper corner, if someone has a good way please let me know. I think this is too complicated for me, so I gave up.. at least one egg lights up I guess

#23670 6 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's going to be my approach...in my case, the concern is all of the led's light in the GI (white) only, so in single lamp test, they all just stay on. In theory, A1 could still be the problem, but also suspicious of the pops. Changing (touching) those I/O boards makes me nervous for the very reason you state. That connection is so poor....
It amazes me how some areas of the game are over engineered, where other, very basic concepts (connectivity) where not. Those ramps had to be crazy expensive to make and assemble, yet the Apron is the worst I've ever seen (1 example).....we stay the course.....

Please keep me updated with ur results . I’m going to order a replacement a1 and start there , thanks for everyone’s help

#23681 6 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

UPDATE - The good news: oneangrymo - bcd and ferret were correct in my case, 1-A1 was the problem...swapped out an easy one to grab, and life is good (have spares from timebandit, will assemble a few for stash and replace the one I robbed.
The not so good news - I was able to loosen the screws and pull the board just enough (barely) to get that one (1-A1) changed....if it's further down that string, you'll need to loosen other screws, that can only be accessed by removing the I/O board (can be done, but a much riskier task). This could really be a PITA to troubleshoot. Hopefully, your 1-A1 is simply bad or knocked loose....good luck!!!!
Total time to change it out - <20 minutes..... (putting new replacement in will be very quick)...Alien alive and back to full strength!!!!!

Awesome I think that is my problem now I just need a replacement I messaged time bandit . Is it just like a regular bulb ? Or is it one of those flat led things like under the poppers ?

1 month later
#23778 4 months ago

hey guys I recently turned on my Alien after several weeks, and the left sling just keeps triggering like crazy. The test mode, shows that the lower left sling is "active" where do u think the problem is? Anyone had this issue before?
do you think it is all related to my two top pop bumpers which lights go intermittently go in and out or is that a separate issue?

Thanks

#23782 4 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I would start by checking the blade switches on that slingshot.

Hey man thanks for the reply, yes that seems to be the problem, if I don't move the rubber band it says "active" if I move the rubber band free up that leaf switch it goes "inactive". maybe that leaf switch needs to be replaced?? Where do I even find one? I have never worked on a sling before
THanks!

2 months later
#24025 81 days ago

Hey guys I’m about to replace my tilted siren with a new one . Looks there are three bolts that hold it into the back box. Does anyone know more about the clips that hold the wires in how to undo them ? Also I had a right sling problem and fixed it but beware in case it’s not known the right upper sling and Lower sling are mislabeled in the single switch test !

#24036 80 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Hello all. I m part of the club too now. What a pin...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Zutalors! Awesome.

#24070 79 days ago

Did anyone have a fix for the beeping noise that happens when the left flipper is held ?

#24074 79 days ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

beeping or buzzing?
Buzzing is normal, unfortunately.

Its not a buzzing, it sounds like a computer beeping. The left flipper.

#24099 76 days ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

The sheer amount of posts in this thread, many of which seem to be about issues with the game, have me worried if I ever am lucky enough to have Alien in my collection. That said, I hope that dream comes true and I am really freaking jealous of those of you who have one. I missed out on getting one this past week and I'm kicking myself so badly for it. I have some truly killer Aliens stuff to eventually display in my future mancave, and this pin would be utterly amazing to have there with it all.

For me .. obtaining one was nothing but stress for months. I put deposits down had to spend even more to get one , it’s been a very crazy ride. It was the best pinball delivery I ever had , came in a huge crate from Australia. Uncrating it was like opening the ark. Plus even tho I have an le and A later manufactured one I still put a lot of time into maintaining it . It’s a great game but if u do end up getting one be ready to read this thread... like a lot .. oh and don’t move it by yourself !

#24110 75 days ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

You guys do realize somebody did a write up on here of how to do your own?

Yes do that that’s what I did on my se

#24113 75 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'll tell you I've had folks already offer a good amount on it and I've said no. I spent a good amount myself on it and this is my favorite game super special and even the reboot, if it comes out won't have this feel, style, look etc. One of a kind. It's the total package imo and a later model too now with SE and LE art

How much were you offered? Just curious ?

#24120 74 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

put yours up for sale and check it out. Seems like you've been looking to do so - why not just do it? Market is hungry it seems. GL!

Oh I don’t want to sell mine . Was just curious . I spent too much time and effort to obtain this le it ain’t going anywhere

#24150 73 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys that hooked up an external sub to alien, please post how you did it. Thinking about adding mine and the alligator clip method seems to work but maybe they're is a better way with the amp

I just took a speaker wire and mounted some alligator clips to one end then put it directly on the woofer speaker . The sound system in alien is already so good I didn’t think it added that Much but that’s my opinion

#24151 73 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Also is the Shaker worth it now? In my original it barely went off. If so which one did you guys buy? I think my first one was red tremor cointaker

Shaker is ayight. It mostly goes off with crash with the drop ship and the apc vehicle crash

Did u mount the sirens urself ? I need to replace one of mine how did u screw into the backbox withiut hitting the giant lcd screen ?

#24164 72 days ago

finally installed my alien siren, looks good as new. Dropped about 3 damn washers behind the LCD screen, can't get them, but I dont think they will cause any issues. Maybe I need a string with a magnet at the end. If anyone has the clips that are attached to your siren wires all you do is lift up the lever all the way and pull out the wire (if you ever need to replace a siren.). Now down to the last thing..fixing the intermittent light issues with the two back eggs.. has to be a loose connection. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

#24180 72 days ago

I’m glad I found a rr woz, if the alien guys like woz too can’t wait to Play it . Did anyone do that speaker mod so the whole backbox translite illuminates ? Was it hard ?

6C100D2E-9391-4BF2-902D-909A5AD09DFB (resized).jpeg
#24189 71 days ago

I believe the fan noise is from the power block thingy to the EL blades, but not sure. Reminds me of an Xbox 360.

#24216 71 days ago

Hey guys how do you have to the save newt multi ball? I have never seen it.

#24251 68 days ago

yesterday got two balls in the airlock and took about 2 minutes of continuous ejecting for them to finally come out. Never had that happen before, must have been the angle they were sitting in there.

#24253 68 days ago

What version of software are you running?

1 week later
#24320 58 days ago

Well the Weyland yutani reebok shoes in my size are sold out .. thank god I didn’t want to waste more money

#24369 53 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed, and thankfully, they used Aurichs version ( left) on the LE's , w text changed as he mentioned...
Bam!!...Lit the coin slot..Just grabbed 12v off the PS and disconnected the harness ( 12v bulb, obviously)[quoted image]

That under cabinet green lighting is pretty cool, can you tell me which item/product you got for that?
Thanks

#24391 49 days ago
Quoted from dung:

Well, got my alien yesterday. It is in the garage for the moment. Had an interesting time looking at it though. We fired it up, fan was making a lot of noise that I will have to look into. Try and play a ball and first thing I do is put it in the saucer on the left. Game doesn't register it and won't kick it out. Game wasn't registering a lot of things and numerous coils were out. Look it over, reboot it, works fine. Anyone run into that before?
Need to get the plastic that covers the back of the playfield, mine has a break. Also need a new magnet core as this one is worn. Any parts I should try and stock up on? Need to figure out how to convert this to work above .94 code. I know the lightboards. I need to check the io boards. This game is full throttle number 100. Not sure how many aliens got out without an alien serial.

Is it a NIB or did you buy it second hand?
Just curious. I had a second hand SE, the guy who was previous owner did a hack job, took a lot of my time to clean things up.

1 week later
#24445 39 days ago

Does this caps mod work for both SE and LE?

1 week later
#24466 27 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

I bought an ALIEN LE today and now I am waiting for delivery next week.
Can hardly wait joinig the club.

Is it NIB?

1 week later
#24582 14 days ago

It seems like buying an Alien LE is like going to this steak house I used to go to in Chicago. Every time I ordered the Prime Rib, they would say " You are in luck, we only have one left!" . Literally.. every single time and I went there like 20 times. Must be more LE NIB hanging around like prime ribs.

#24595 13 days ago

can't still figure out my back two rear eggs. One game they are fine, another they go in and out. Has to be loose connection somewhere.I guess Ill just lift the playfield and start pushing on things.

1 week later
#24673 4 days ago

Is there a pre-made undercab lighting kit that is easy to install for Alien? I wouldn't mind having a green light underneath. can someone point it out for me?
Key word being "easy"
thanks

#24678 1 day ago

Ball stuck !

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside