DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4444 8 years ago

After looking at the playfield reveal and listening to the Podcast with Aurich, I really connect with the art. I'm old enough (45) to have seen most these movies as they were released. I missed the first one at the theater (I was 9), but saw it on video before the sequel was released.

The playfield really captures the story. I'll reserve my opinion on the rest of the game, actors likenesses and video clips as they are released.

So far, I'm excited about this game. I sure hope to play it at TPF.

1 month later
#4888 8 years ago

Awesome sauce!

2 weeks later
#5104 8 years ago

I'm excited about this title! I'll definitely get some FT time in at TPF. If there is no Alien, maybe they will bring some pics etc.

2 weeks later
#5289 8 years ago

Too all of my fellow pinball enthusiasts that are waiting for Alien, fret not. My Full Throttle is an amazing machine. I am very excited about this platform and it's potential. I am personally looking forward to Alien and I hope to add it as a kit to my game. Heighway has accomplished a great deal getting FT on the line.

1 month later
#5734 7 years ago

Thanks for the update Andrew.

Please send Alien kits to Texas next year so I can pick one up to go in my FT!

This all seems quite reasonable. Stern doesn't preview games. They've been around longer and have multiple titles in development at at time. I'm sure it takes quite a bit of manufacturing and selling to get to that point. Keep up the good work.

2 weeks later
#6276 7 years ago

From one Sci-fi fan to another

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6351 7 years ago

I am really looking forward to seeing the populated playfield. I like the PF art that Aurich has done.

2 weeks later
#6482 7 years ago

I saw gameplay video at Rocky Mountain yesterday. Awesomesauce!!! I can't wait. The playfield looks awesome. This game will be kick ass to play in my dark gameroom with the lights off.

1 week later
#6518 7 years ago

That was Weaver signing the poster?

#6536 7 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Deposit 7/26/15. Refund request 5/13/16. Confirmation email from Heighway regarding cancellation 5/16/16. No refund yet. I'd love for Andrew to pop in and let me know when refund is coming.

He gives out his his business card with personal contact info at pinball shows. I've had good communication with them, but it does take more than one attempt to get an answer on occasion. Call again and be a squeaky wheel.

1 week later
#6663 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Technically yes, but the cabinet and backbox art is LE specific and is not available as upgrade for a standard version.
So you can buy the standard Alien version and add the following upgrades:
- Shaker
- Fiber optic ramps
- Beacons
(p.s. maybe you can opt for Chrome armor on the LE but you have to discuss this with Heighway as I do not know if this option is available for the Alien LE version (it will be for the Full Throttle LE)

I have the glossy all black AMH with the large monitor. I also have a shaker. I would definitely like to order my Alien Kit with the fiber optic ramps!

#6694 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How much do Heighway Pins weigh compared to Bally/Williams and Stern?

Not sure, but my FT is freakin heavy!

#6710 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Isn't that one of the goals with the design? To have 2 distinctive experiences depending on which movie you are in?

This will be really cool. It's one game that I know will be more fun at home in a dark room with the sound way up!

#6717 7 years ago

It's really a c-section. It also forgot to close the uterus and abdominal wall. The staples in the skin were cute, but she would have died about an hour later instead of running the Alien decathlon.

Yeah... I know.

1 week later
#6778 7 years ago

If things go well, I expect we will see some Aliens at Texas 2017. I will lobby hard to get an Alien kit for my FT delivered there by Cointaker.

#6818 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I told Melissa that I want the one with the 27" screen.

I have the large screen on my FT. It's totally unneeded for gameplay, but it's awesome. I'm hopeful about its future potential as well.

4 weeks later
#7049 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

The game I played was crystal clear.
That brings up a good question, can anyone with a FT that has been on route/had a ton of plays confirm it doesn't fog over/get blurry with wear?

I think it's hips with a thin film over it. You might have played a game with the film on it.

#7091 7 years ago

I'm hoping to play a full production model with the kinks worked out at the Texas show this Spring.

#7136 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Games won't be flippable until after the launch

Somebody let Teekee know...

Seriously though, great news. I'm looking forward to it.

1 week later
#7240 7 years ago

I am really looking forward to gameplay. FT is an enjoyable and unique game. I see lots of potential here. it will probably be Texas in the spring for me, but I'm confident there will be a working game there ready for play.

1 month later
#8862 7 years ago

Houston Arcade Show Peeps:

My Full Throttle will be in the tournament this year. Anyone that wants a look under the hood etc just let me know.

1 month later
#9467 7 years ago

I haven't visited this thread in about a month. The game is looking good.

2 months later
#10884 7 years ago

I don't see how the delays hurt anybody except Heighway. For the pre-pay customers, you should know that these deadlines are just goals. I'm not suggesting that you, as a customer, deserve delays. I'm suggesting that Pinside members follow these things and are aware that new companies have delays. They have no contractual obligation to deliver on a certain date. I see no reason to give them money before the game is ready. I have Full T and really like it. I followed the development on Pinside and purchased one when it was available for purchase in a box at at a show.

I hope Alien is great.

#11019 7 years ago

Bring some to the Texas Pinball Festival. I want to play!

1 week later
#11426 7 years ago

It does look good. Looking forward Texas Show

#11523 7 years ago

Of all the games coming out this year, this and Dialed in have my attention. Fortunately for me I have a Full Throttle that I can drop an Alien kit into. Whereas, Dialed In will cost someone shitload before I buy it from them used.

1 week later
#11816 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Fair question.
Didn't want shaker, fiber optic ramps, or powdercoated hardware.
I will probably - no joke - be the only owner in the Florida panhandle from Pensacola to Tallahassee. That makes it "limited" enough for me .

Very happy with my Full Throttle standard. All black with large LCD. Perfect for Alien kit.

#11878 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Now I'm wondering how it will work for those of us with full throttle , as in the blades , we won't have the resessed panels , I'm assuming we are screwed for putting in blades ?!

I'm staying positive and hopeful about this. When I purchased my Full Throttle, I literally stopped Andrew in person at the show and asked him if it would be 100% compatible with future games, especially the cabinet. He said emphatically "Yes". If there is a change, I'm counting on him to make it right with those of us that were early adopters and purchased a Full Throttle. I took him at his word and now the ball is in his court to make good on it.

3 months later
#15158 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Pinside - so good right now

Funny. I can hardly read it lately. I'm burned out on all the chatter. Other than seeing the new games and my local clubs, I'm passig over most of it the last few months.

1 month later
#15713 6 years ago

Good deal here.

For you Alien owners, consider this the Full Throttle kit (LE). It comes with a cabinet and large LCD!

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “1 owner HOU Full Throttle purchased NIB at 2016 Texas Pinball Festival. This game works 100%. This is the standard edition with the large LCD upgrade. The color is black on black....”
2017-07-02
Shreveport, LA
5,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 41 days
Viewed: 2427 times
Contributed to Pinside

#15769 6 years ago

That looks very nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=nevus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.