pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mufcmufc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

I want to coin a new phrase. It looks like a reasonable amount of balls stopped and a reasonable amount of flow - so we have Stop and Flow

Looks interesting with a lot of options for shots, be interesting to see this progress. Art will be key to this table I guess

10 months later
#2102 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Heighway has commented on a couple occasions saying, they are working on a "adult" themed cartoon that has been done as a pin before. To me the most logical is South Park. Look at TSPP, Data East had done it, then Stern came alone and made it into a masterpiece. The same could be done with SP. It would sell like hot cakes, I sure hope they do it, it would be a great move & a $ maker for a young company!

Where were these comments made? News to me

#2123 8 years ago

Looks to me like there are probably enough clues out there on pinside, I would bet against SP. Wish there were more Alien info to quell the speculation! Licensing sucks at times

3 weeks later
#2251 8 years ago

I know Andrew has been travelling a lot lately showing Full Throttle as much as he can. Any new information released is extremely unlikely to be before Pinball Expo as he's in Manchester at www.playexpo.net Friday-Sunday and then prepping for and travelling to Pinball Expo.

#2346 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Atleast we know there are still some of the 500 35th Anniversary LE's available. Wonder what kind of pressure Expo puts on that LE availability this weekend?

A lot I imagine

2 months later
#3104 8 years ago

I was at the factory last week, Full Throttle builds are in progress and talking with Andrew, he was very frustrated at how long the approvals process is taking - but as we all know, there is no option but to wait.

2 months later
#4936 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

What are you talking about? Please tease!
Somebody give us something.

He did, you just have to read what he wrote and then know which bits to pick out

2 months later
#6141 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

None that I can think of. I seems like forever since we even had a game with four large flippers in it. (Can't remember what the last one was)

Game Of Thrones Prem/LE?

1 month later
#6653 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It looks to be about a $300 USD difference, with the FX fluctuation due to the Brezit. I suppose Heighway hasn't had an opportunity to update the prices to reflect the current economic climate. Let's see what happens...

I would think that stuff just became more expensive for them if they import parts and raw materials, it's almost inevitable that the wood is imported for the cabs and playfields, I would imagine quite a bit of other stuff is too. Highly unlikely anything becomes cheaper.

2 months later
#7194 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

I like the Chestburster bursting through the insert, nicely done! ^^

You're not meant to praise Aurich's Alien artwork, it's not cool to do that

1 week later
#7296 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I really want to throw caution to the wind and place a pre-order, but I need to at least see pics and preferably video so I have a thin veneer of justification. Really hope it comes soon.

But if they lowered the LE # to 240 and did 30 super LE's you'd be all in?

#7342 7 years ago

I met up with Andrew today he showed me the motorised Alien head mechanism on video, rest assured if that is approved and in the game it's a truly awesome toy

1 week later
#7516 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I believe it might be the weekend 8/9th october I say this because there is a expo in the uk : http://www.playexpomanchester.com/whats-on/ in which there will be a large audience who will be going who isn't going directly for pinball which there is 113 of so far as there is arcade machines, retro and new video games , vr , cosplay etc. Last year andrew was there in person showing off full throttle so there is a chance alien might be too this year.

It wont be at Play, that's 100% confirmed. If it's revealed early it would be via promo video I believe. I would still think it will be Pinball Expo for the reveal though

Quoted from nman:

Not sure if this is still a possibility, but Andrew also mentioned that it might be slightly earlier.

They've not revealed anything early so far.....

2 weeks later
#7721 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Or, will there be one in a crate no matter what in case an 11th hour approval happens. Assuming it doesn't happen a few days prior of course.

I hear positive things about your question and also positive things about the quote you posted

#7772 7 years ago

Stay tuned to this thread, think it might catch fire later

1 week later
#8708 7 years ago

Andrew will be on all this next week I imagine. Jet lag, thousands of emails, plus it being his birthday today are likely to have delayed him getting on top of everything.

3 months later
#10579 7 years ago

Had no release dates been posted (like Stern) then nothing could have been missed release wise - Batman66 was massively delayed after announcement but no issue because no release date!

I personally think after Alien, Heighway should stop posting on pinside altogether because managing threads like this takes time that could be spent better elsewhere, they should also just announce and release the next game rather than build it up.

1 month later
#11786 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Is #3 an oursler layout?

Yes

1 month later
#13192 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Regardless, I'm done. I'm sure i'll get support from some members and chastised by others. That's the internet for you.
Once I get confirmation from Heighway on my refund, I'll post so others know, as well as when it actually goes through.
I wish the company the best of luck and I sincerely hope people get their machines, I think it's a cool title, I really do. I think the LE artwork looks amazing. Just because I wasn't comfortable with the timeline and other things, doesn't mean others won't be or aren't.
That is all.

I'm paid in full on an LE, I don't actually know what the terms are for refunds, however, if it was my company and production had started (it has no matter what anyone claims regarding SE/LE production) then there's no way I would be giving out refunds to customers if I didn't have to. Having said that, the game is delayed, but games are shipping (albeit slowly) so I would suggest a little patience, flooding the thread with negativity is really pointless and not helpful to the rest of us who have paid anything towards the game. Just hassle Heighway direct if you're that bothered about your refund.

#13194 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

I disagree. If people are having a very difficult time getting refunds from Heighway I'd want to know before putting down a deposit.

You have a point, but you made me look

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/terms-and-conditions/

So no panic for 21 days, why should they not keep to their terms? I know I would, especially considering this:

"What is my deposit being used for?

The game has already been developed. Your hard-earned money is being used for parts relating to the game that you are buying."

4 weeks later
#14482 6 years ago

Rubberducks as you may know him, is subject to a Heighway NDA, shows what kind of guy he is morally if he's PMing people telling them to get refunds. I'm paid in full and don't have a machine, I know that machines have gone out the door this week though.

#14490 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I think.in fairness you need to also disclose your involvement with heighway

I know Andrew, I have known him for about 10 years. I have no "involvement" with Heighway the company at all. I think you know Phil, that, I am more than fair when it comes to my dealings with people. I want my game as much as everybody else, that's paid in full. I lost money on Predator where no games were delivered. The current slow situation isn't looking great, but, for someone to actively be trying to bring down a company, it doesn't benefit you, me or anyone. I know games have been delivered to customers this week but I also know it needs to happen faster for us all to have piece of mind.

#14654 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I never have, and never will own a GB. Ever.

Not even if one comes up locally for $1000?

#14839 6 years ago
Quoted from flippersandballs:

I'm sure you meant well, but why does being edited by someone not me bother me?

because it breaks pinside rules?

#14883 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Well I hope it doesn't get locked as there are a lot of answers that people need regarding refunds from Heighway Pinball.
My money sits with them and NOT the new "rebirthed heighway pinball"

My understanding is it's the SAME company with the SAME owners, just that they are majority stakeholders now. I'm not going to request a refund as I want to give these guys some time, my understanding also is that there aren't a huge amount of people fully paid up so as long as those people get their machines first then I think all will be well.

4 months later
#18295 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If you'll go to post#18254, you'll see the facts laid out under events. In case you want the simple answer, I am posting an excerpt and I will separate fact from opinion. ->
Fact - In Nov / Dec of 2016 Andrew made a big push to collect balance of funds owed on Alien (I personally sent $7k and many others mentioned having done the same.),
Opinion - which easily amounts to hundreds of thousands of dollars. This might have been an average of $7.5k owed for upwards of 200 games. Without knowledge of specific amount, assume it is a lot of money.
Fact - In Dec of 2016, Heighway Pinball filed legal documentation showing they only had a few thousand dollars cash balance.
Fact - Many of the largest suppliers and subcontractors have since admitted they have not been paid.
Fact - In late 2016, Andrew purchased a license to operate a hydrofoil business.
Opinion - After taking in hundreds of thousands of dollars in Nov and Dec,
Fact - as of Dec, HP still owed its vendors and subcontractors, did not build/ship any pinball machines and had no money.
Everything else is likely opinion so I am taking facts and trying to connect the dots. Regardless of whether Andrew embezzled money or told new HP how much he was in the hole, either way new HP is on the hook for producing the game. Based on all accounts I've seen, his bookkeeping looks suspect. I hope for new HP's sake he was upfront with them. Anyways that is a matter to be resolved between Andrew and Heighway Pinball.
Sorry if my interpretation differs from your own. As stated multiple times - we will never know the truth without litigation or a confession from HP (even if we all lived to be 100, this would be unknown) - so we are left to SPECULATE . The facts above are separated to assist people in forming their opinion of the facts. If anyone is so butt hurt that they can't handle hearing something that conflicts with their own constructs, then maybe they shouldn't be on Pinside.
Edit - all items posted as fact are based on multiple direct accounts on Pinside and publically available financial documents on internet.

You're likely opening yourself up to litigation with unsubstantiated facts, I think that most people who were asked for money didn't pay (I know at least 4 personally who didn't, I imagine that's spread fairly well), some probably did but I hardly think hundreds of thousands of dollars were taken in and if they were and Andrew took them, they would definitely sue, nothing like that has happened.

Read this article, hardly reads like "running away and vanishing":

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/06/04/andrew-heighway-steps-down-from-heighway-pinball/

More like the only way the investors would continue to invest was if they took full control

I'm not keen on the scaremongering, I want people who are owed them to get refunds, Morgan tends to try to make things seem rosy but that's his job I guess, I went to Roger and Daniel until I got answers but even then I was pestering on a daily basis, it shouldn't be that way, but I suggest anyone who wants their refund to pester.

I have spoken with the production manager and he assured me games are being built daily, a schedule is in place and production is increasing. 16 people in America have got their games before me (I have a confirmed record of my place in the production queue) but whilst I'm happy they got them, it still pisses me off I still don't have the game, but, I have confirmation that it is coming next week. I think they're probably making something like 10-15 games a week at the moment and with some of the issues that have surfaced, maybe that's not unwise?

1 week later
#18422 6 years ago

Shipping is definitely happening, received a standard yesterday, I was promised it this week by Mike at Heighway 3+ weeks ago and sure enough I got a call from Morgan on Monday and the machine arrived Tuesday. I have no space as I've had 5 pins delivered in the last week but it will be set up tomorrow.

They've started to get documentation together too, it seems things are starting to improve.

IMG_4630 (resized).JPGIMG_4630 (resized).JPG
IMG_4631 (resized).JPGIMG_4631 (resized).JPG
IMG_4632 (resized).JPGIMG_4632 (resized).JPG

#18424 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just wish they could reply to an email or phone call. They promised an exchange game months ago and now emails are going ignored. i would like to continue to support them and the game but if they can't even reply to the early adopters to communicate then this is becoming extremely concerning.
i think it is very important they show they are taking care of original early adopters, esp those that provided the opportunity for press and free marketing. they gave their word in writing to make things whole and need to show they can maintain those promises.

Hilton, I pestered them directly until I got to the point I am at now. Unfortunately, posting on Pinside is unlikely to get you far - you need to go direct and not let up

5 months later
#20892 5 years ago

Word on the street is that there will be information released later regarding Heighway Pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mufcmufc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=mufcmufc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.