pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mountaingamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4263 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Surely movie, audio/soundtrack clips must be allowed? Is that not the point of buying the licence??

No kidding - kinda lame otherwise

4 months later
#6121 7 years ago

This is pinball and it's a weird little world. I'd think a contributor to a large project at a company (like someone designing a playfield) would be silenced in a second, and reprimanded threatening to do a hack piece over their individuals issues. Heighways a small startup so who knows about them - maybe they love the publicity and it keeps Alien relevant, but I thought Ars was more mature as a business.

8 months later
#10368 7 years ago

It seems strange to me how much enthusiasm there is over this title - Highways first game was a big cheap feeling dud, this one is way delayed, has not been completely revealed, it obviously has not been tested since it didn't work half the time at the last show, and it's gonna ship (hopefully)with shallow, early code. I really want you early owners to love your games, but it would be a while before the game could get good with code. I hope I'm wrong & you all love your shiny new toys!

2 months later
#12712 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was told Stern had a pinball exclusive with Sigourney
I'm sure the agent signed that deal thinking he/she was getting max $$$ and it's chump change anyhow
Doubt she even knew

Hmm... I've heard this chatter about Stern having her locked down before - source?
Heck - maybe a smart move by her agent actually as stern will move a hell of allot more pins then Heighway. How do these chump change deals work - would she get paid up front or per machine sold? I would think she has already been paid, or is continuing to be paid by Stern but what do I know. Alien was supposed to ship 2 years ago, 500 le's still haven't sold out yet - why? Maybe her agent is a smarter than you think.

#12717 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'll confirm it. I'll also confirm the 7-10 day delay, and that now they're supposed to ship next week.

At least it's not 2 weeks

#12720 7 years ago

IMG_1523 (resized).PNGIMG_1523 (resized).PNG

#12854 7 years ago

Kinda hard to believe it's 5 minutes - I spend that changing out a bad bulb.

#12887 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think Fall/Xmas will be the earliest we see any LE's, its a dream theme and I know its happening so I can wait but I really hope Heighway starts ramping up the manufacturing, any updates Andrew? from a very loyal paid in full LE customer Jan 2015.

Wow - would xmas make it about 3 years late?

#13073 6 years ago

So are LE's still available and if not what's the wait list like for a standard?

#13209 6 years ago

IMG_6886 (resized).pngIMG_6886 (resized).png

#13491 6 years ago

I've been watching this thread a while and all I can say is I feel for those who got sucked into the hype. Best to stay calm & cross your fingers you get your game or refund. Good luck fellas

#13505 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have been in communication with a few other owners of games that have them. Suffice to say, pinball is MUCH bigger than Pinside and they only reached out to me as they got my contact info after seeing the jack danger stream.
We have seen and heard of at least 20 games going out the door it seems. I am happy they are taking a slow and steady pace and working to fine tune on these first few batches with understanding owners.

How many is a few, and what did these other owners want?

1 month later
#15227 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm..no....playing and enjoying a machine is the total package, including theme, music, etc. I've played both ....DI does not " play better" than Alien...not even close...

Alien isn't in the same league as Dialed In - not even close.

2 weeks later
#15461 6 years ago

So is this really approved by fox or no?

IMG_7326 (resized).PNGIMG_7326 (resized).PNG

#15488 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Ahhhhaahhaaa.. So this happened..
Happy Friday everyone!!

Thumbs up from ferret so I doubt the screen is dead...

Quoted from kurgan999:

congrats bro! sickkk
let us know ur thoughts on game

Congrats on what?

#15490 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Oh, and yes - my playfield LCD has been out since May. For anyone interested in the state of my game, I am still waiting on new Xeno mech/board, as well as updated lighting, and hopefully a fix for my playfield LCD. Until I can get the new hardware, I am stuck on code version 0.94.

I get frustrated playing a game if a switch isn’t registering - this is a joke in my book. Heighway is supposedly gonna start pumping out 100+ games a month soon but can’t get this thing running right? What’s the customer service / warranty gonna be like for the new owners if they even start trickling out games? I get liking a theme but I’m out until this mess is completely turned around.

9 months later
#21089 5 years ago

I drained this thread 9 months ago - so sorry to those who were lied to, strung along and stolen from. Hope the assets get auctioned off and people who paid early recoup something.

#21093 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So how did you find it?

K-man

#21273 5 years ago

Glad I came back to this thread - popcorn at the ready

#21362 5 years ago

7AC5867A-069D-4033-8BF0-9D25B9D073DD (resized).png7AC5867A-069D-4033-8BF0-9D25B9D073DD (resized).png

#21530 5 years ago

I hope your ratio of 20-to-1 is off. People simply wanting games sure did throw around plenty of downvotes when anyone spoke up anything not pro Heighway. Sorry you and others lost out - it truly sucks.

2 weeks later
#22083 5 years ago

That interview with Dave was fantastic.... great job K

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mountaingamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=mountaingamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.