zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider molspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#366 9 years ago

I couldn't be happier with the communication from Heighway thus far. Every question I've sent them via email has been answered in a timely manner. I really hope this continues throughout the entire development phase. So excited to see this one through.

1 year later
#3182 8 years ago

Somehow despite all the 'Kanedians' and statistical math in this thread I'm *STILL* excited for my Alien pinball to someday arrive.

Keep up the awesome work Heighway!

#3209 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is what it's like to work with Heighway Pinball:
awq1qena_(resized).png

That's awesome!

#3260 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Sorry if this has been covered before. But does anyone have any knowledge about the differences between the standard and LE version. I almost want to jump on a pre-order but don't know if the extra cash for the LE is justified or not. Thanks in advance.

Check this page out for a snapshot overview: http://heighwaypinball.com/gamenew/

2 weeks later
#4028 8 years ago

In general I really like it, but I do have to admit (even with the descriptions as to why they're integrated) the 'hot rod flames,' the "Fly the Friendly Skies" helmet writing, the Bug Stomper decal, and the skull and knife drawing all just feel...well, out of place to me.

It looks almost like a second artist came in on top of an already clean work of art, but wanted to add to it and did so by writing on the playfield with a silver sharpie and slapping on a couple of stickers. As if too much time was had and a "what else can I do" attitude was taken - and in turn too many things were added.

While some of the ideas as to why they're integrated make sense when described, why not save some of those elements to be incorporated via plastics or even simply used on the LCD rather than directly on the playfield? It just takes the depth away from the whole scene for me.

Again. I generally really like it. I'm just scratching my head at a few decisions made. I'm sure it'll grow on me...

#4036 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ah, but this was a good post, so quick reply:

Just a quick suggestion.
First, look at the CAD lines in pink on the drawing I posted earlier. Then follow the flow of the art from the flipper to the top.
Don't think of it as a single scene. Think of it as a gradation, that flows upwards and into the shots.
You start indoors, in a claustrophobic space, drawn into the motion tracker that's surrounded by xenomorphs.
Beyond that is the darkness, and floating there is your HUD. Your score, your vital info, and context sensitive instructions and timers and anything else might need are there for you at all times, in the playfield.
As you follow upwards that you that the darkness gives wasy to the horizon of the planet, you're actually on LV426. Watch the scene in Alien when they are walking to the derelict ship. You'll recognize that horizon.
You pull back further and the horizon opens up to space, you're going back, and now you're looking at LV426 from far away, and the planet and the moons, and then you're in space. The Nostromo is approaching the planet, leaving the cargo behind. Ripley's ship floats off to the spinner.
Moments from the films float in space. The drop ship leaves a trail of the marines ephemera. The Nostromo's patch, laid out on the grid, all part of a master display.
And over it all lurks the Alien, and the walls of their home. And not the Alien on the playfield. He's almost a reflection, because right above him is going to be a big sculpted Alien head. And that's what will get the attention there.
And this path you walk through the art is guided by the layout of the playfield, you just can't see that very well yet. The CAD helps, but it's only part of the story, you're missing a lot.
Anyways, maybe that will help you see what the flow and connection is once it's populated. You can still not get it! Or like it, or whatever. But I think it will start to make more sense when you see it on a real playfield surrounded by the rest of the game.

Yes. Looking at it through that lens definitely does help tie it together for me.

Thanks for the well thought out response, Aurich.

BTW, I've been in on this since week one and I very much appreciate the back and forth dialogue you've provided to the Pinside community since joining the Heighway team.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider molspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=molspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.