zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikehogue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#190 9 years ago

You only live once!

I just sent in my deposit! I just couldn't pass up this killer theme by one of my favorite designers.

In the last six months I've taken delivery on a WOZLE, paid off THLE, paid in full for a Pred spot, paid up to date on TBL and now this deposit on Alien.

Needless to say I'm now flat broke. But hey...... these deposits are refundable!

7 months later
#1066 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Well, we weren't happy with the toys as they were. We wanted more toys and better toys.
In particular we have one major new toy, which interacts with the ball - and this requires more space.
So, the re-design takes into account lessons learned on shot geometry, and also incorporates spacing needed for all of the toys and mechanisms, as they are now.
Regarding timelines, we want working prototypes by the end of August and finished games by October. Production should therefore start September/October with the first games being shipped by the end of October

Thanks for the update.

I'm in favor of taking your time to build us one killer game!

This game has got me the most excited of any game out there!

1 month later
#1521 8 years ago

I've never been more excited for a pinball machine! The new shot layout looks awesome!

If the art and code can match the shot map, then this game is going to be killer!

No pressure on Heighway!

LE #444

#1575 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Did you request #444 or was that what they gave you?

Odd request wasn't it. : )

4 and 44 were taken.

2 months later
#2356 8 years ago

Even if Aurich somehow manages to miss on the artwork, I'm still buying this game!

I expect the entire package is going to be killer!

1 month later
#2950 8 years ago

I'm not in a hurry to get my game. I just want this killer theme done right!

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the radio silence for a while. A never-ending run of summer shows saw me and a lot of my team crossing timezones every week.
Nevertheless, we continue to make very good progress with Alien Pinball.

1 month later
#3648 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

With Andrew traveling I'll post the art. I get up early, but I'm on the West Coast, so give me a little time.

You better post this at 3:30am our time then! Otherwise I won't be able to see it until around 5pm. Some of us don't have access to pinside at work!

#4034 8 years ago

I like it but don't love it.

I like the lower playfield with the scanner. But right above this should've been an Alien. Large and in your face like the witch in WOZ or the dragon in TH. Something to immediately tell you that you're playing an Alien pin. The upper playfield I'm not too concerned with. It'll be mostly hidden.

I don't know, maybe they'll have a killer Alien toy to make up for the lack of one on the playfield. I just don't like that you have to take a second look at the playfield before you can see the Alien. In a dark room, it'll be even more difficult to see.

1 month later
#4752 8 years ago

Liking this playfield more and more. Sure, I wish the Alien showed up a bit better on the playfield. But the darkness of it could help bring out the suspense with the other additions on top of the playfield. This could be one eerie / moody game!

No backing out now. I'm too much into this theme. Sold!

10 months later
#9872 7 years ago

A 'classic' cabinet is what I'm waiting to see. Having swappable playfields are great for those who want to go that route. To me, Alien is a stand alone theme that deserves a dedicated cabinet for it. Full cabinet artwork on the cabinet sides and head is what I'm hoping for. When Heighway comes out with the next must have title, I'll want a dedicated cabinet for it too! I'm getting an Alien pin either way though!

4 months later
#13545 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I will take some pictures of mine today and post them.
Picked up two Aliens for the Yegpin show here in Edmonton,Alberta last night.
Both direct shipped to Edmonton for the show.
Both will be set up for the show,reviews to follow.
In case you are wondering,I'm just an average Joe.
The Aliens have landed
I am the first official customer in Canada.
Thank you Tommy (pretty boy Floyd) from Nitro Amusements.
Thank you to Heighway Pinball for the game as well,cheers.

You've taken over the market for Alien pinballs in Canada! I might need to make a trip up north again!

I hope this doesn't hurt the NW Pinball shows chances of getting an Alien!

3 months later
#16338 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I included him and Toads (only 2 I'm aware that haven't received refunds) in my latest e-mail. Enough already. Time for some clear dialogue. I want this pin more than anyone here, I can assure you....but something has gotta give....

Make that three.

I've been waiting for my refund for three months too!

3 weeks later
#16736 6 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I put a deposit on an LE in early March, and just sent an email today, requesting to begin the refund process. I ordered directly from Heighway, and added the 27" LCD and airfreight shipping, so I have $2,400 down. We'll see how this goes, and I'll update the progress in this thread.
I've played a few games on Alien, and I think it has potential to be a great pin. However, there are proven companies with some great pins that I'd rather own. I certainly hope that Heighway is successful, and that Alien sells in large quantities. If so, perhaps I'll pick one up on the used market some day.

I'm still waiting..... Going on four months of waiting.

Contacted Morgan again a couple of days ago. Still waiting.

I'll definitely post when / if I ever get my $1500 deposit back!

#16751 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

How did you guys pay for deposit? I put deposit down last winter with paypal for a LE. Got my refund within about 3 weeks from paypal claim.

I sent a $1500 deposit by way of Paypal Oct 21st 2014.

I asked for a refund on June 12th 2017.

I asked again on Aug 22nd.

I asked again on Sept 18th.

Still waiting.

1 week later
#17031 6 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

Long time pinball nut. Even longer time ALIEN (1979) nut. Put a deposit down on an Alien pin in Feb 2015. Paid in full at the beginning on 2017. Things were already choppy but I was hoping for the best. When things got too choppy for me, I asked for a refund. A few weeks later I got that refund. Now I look on with positive interest that they can turn the ship around and get ALIEN pins to market. I will seriously revisit a purchase sometime next year - it looks like a tremendous game. They have always been friendly, if not the greatest at communication - but they have alot going on and I imagine they employees that stuck it out are wearing many hats. I feel like that has been said a few times before, but if you are reduced to vein popping stress, anger, and unfocused name calling at the company, you should just get out and go buy something thats in-box ready to ship. Its only pinball and if you aren't having fun, you are doing it wrong. Also - it makes public forums really unpleasant for the rest of us....

Glad you got your refund!

I supported the company with a $1500 deposit Oct of 2014.

I've been asking for a refund since June of 2017.

Morgan hasn't responded to my latest email of a couple days ago. Why are some being refunded and others are not?

1 week later
#17172 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I wouldn't be too excited to spend over $8000 on a companies product that has a proven record to NOT support it's existing customers! They best be prepared for that same customer service! I'd still wait to purchase a pin until I seen some positive action from HP2..like ALL the refunds and paperweights have been fixed!

Thank you.

I'm still waiting on my $1500 refund. An email from Morgan yesterday said they're still working on it. I've been waiting since June.

I'll let everyone know when I get my refund. Until everyone that requested one gets their money back, I'd sure be cautious about sending in any more funds.

2 weeks later
#18091 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

And issue refunds to people still waiting on them as promised. I'm having a hard time feeling happy for guys who got pins knowing that there's still others waiting to get their money back.

I appreciate you thinking of us that are still waiting for a refund! Not sure why some were refunded and others were not. The communication has been terrible.

The game looks like a lot of fun. I'm happy for those who are now getting their games!

#18378 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I have sold my Full Throttle and have a Metallica Pro now. I also had a paid in full Alien kit with upgrades and decided months ago to cancel that order and get a refund. Although the whole process of getting my refund was very unsatisfying due to promises being broken, I must say that the cooperation of Heighway and the communication in the last few days was very good. And today I finally got my money back.

Hmm........

How long did you have to wait for your refund? I've been waiting since June.

Still waiting.

3 weeks later
#18731 6 years ago

Did anyone requesting a refund get the information email from the new ownership group?

I never did.

This gives me an uneasy feeling that they have no intention of ever refunding me.

Sad that I had to get this information from a poster on pinside!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,999 (OBO)
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikehogue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=mikehogue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.