pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#500 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Little bummed to hear Dennis moved on, I don't know exactly how the production cycle of a pinball goes, obviously as stated the layout design is complete. But to me it begs the question is it really ever complete until it is on a line in production?

From reading the Chris Hutchins TAF proto thread, it appeared that Pat Lawlor was twiddling with Addams even through the prototype manufacturing process. Hell, he twiddled with TZ through the sample manufacturing process. The game is never "done" Hopefully whoever is picking up after Dennis has similar skills and design ideas.

#501 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I tilted this post. If I want to see emoticons smooching I'll log onto the tweens angst forum.

Just for you Taylor

emote.jpgemote.jpg
1 month later
#699 9 years ago

Interesting layout.. Some concerns:

- No lamps in the slingshots. Hopefully the lower playfield near the flippers is illuminated well.. possibly lamps shining downward from the tops of the slings?

- UR flipper is going to get hammered by direct shots from the LL flipper. Hope the bat/bushing/etc can take the abuse.

- Rightmost lane has a shape similar to Tommy right orbit, which is notorious for rejecting shots. Need to make sure that's not an issue w Alien

- Looks like the shot right up to the pop bumper is a U-turn ramp like WOF?

I've never looked at or tried any virtual versions of this so far...

#701 9 years ago

They'll have to shoehorn LEDs into the Alien slings... very little space left. Bulbs would be smashed quickly but maybe an LED can survive in there.

#712 9 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

You can see from the photos that there are already SMD LEDs on stalks in the slingshots.
You have to look closely, but they are there!

Yea I see them now, behind the switch blades. I guess field testing will show how well that works out. Slings can get pretty violent. Are they designed the same on FT?

1 year later
#8515 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kim would have gotten the same courtesy, but frankly I'd been awake all of 20 minutes, just stumbled down to the hall with the Alien animator (we shared a room) and I wasn't ready for someone to start getting in my face. I regret that I wasn't composed enough to de-escalate things, and let my emotions push him away.

You told him to talk to you in person.. he found you and did just that and you ran off. But you still keep posting about it. Keyboard warrior indeed.

#8518 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, he was confronted by a real class act. He really showed Aurich didn't he? Tough guy? What a joke. A guy that is trying to go out of his way in tortiously interfering with a company and its ability to do business with nothing at stake while the many Pinsiders have $$$ at stake in the project, not to mention the jobs and livelihoods at risk with Heighway.
Stick to pumping and dumping AP

No clue about any of that. I dont read pinside religiously and dont keep up w drama during expo. Just observing that when given a chance to talk in person per his request, aurich instead bolted. Appears to prefer forum communication only. Kim is a great guy and doesnt deserve aurich keyboard commando crap, bringing it up again here where kim cant even reply. Lame.

3 months later
#10616 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Quoted from Whysnow:

I commented back then that whatever the issue was

Quoted from Whysnow:

I was just debunking you regurgitating this incorrect information yet again.

Then you need to take a step back

Hilton.. take a step.. BACK??

NOT ram himself (and his opinions) repeatedly into every crevice he can find in the hobby?!?

You MUST be joking!!

1 week later
#10966 7 years ago
Quoted from conester:

Brian.....who has a lot more dollars to save after the one I gave Andrew at Expo for my "official" deposit...(kidding for all those that might take that comment seriously!)

I hope Andrew washed his hands after touching that shirt...

2 months later
#13199 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It was pretty obvious that Heighway has integrity and is an upfront business, despite what some of you like to infer.

2 years ago you were saying the same thing about skit-b. You were completely and utterly wrong about them... you'd think this would give you pause speaking for others again...

#13202 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's a little different don't you think? He's received TWO game from Highway and service from Highway already. So not exactly "apples to apples".

Not saying Heighway is a con artist like the Kuleks, just that Whysnow already got severely roasted defending Predator project, maybe he should hold off being so 'sure' and speaking about another company's operations. I mean, he's already representing the entire state of WI battling the IFPA's new fee... doesn't need to be Heighway's PR dude as well

#13203 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He is just pissed since he made a pass at me a while back and i turned him down. Ever since then it is all personal attacks on my character.

Did I hit on you in the same wet dream where Kevin was delivering Predator LEs and Josh put you in charge of the IFPA?

Seriously, your personality is completely incompatible with me.. I'd shoot myself first. If you read anything more into my "Hi" at Jay's, I'm sorry for your delusions

#13206 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Christ let's stick to pinball. This is seriously a slow day at work for some apparently.

Yea no kidding.. no idea where the hell hilton got that idea in his head; obviously nothing of the sort happened. Telling someone not to make the same mistake again is hardly character assassination.

Back to Alien... NPO is a buddy of mine and seeing him get out is disappointing, as I know he really really wanted this game. Hell, I want one, but with no concrete answer to "when will it show up if I pay in full today?" it's hard to consider ordering one.

Andrew, if you're still in the building, the earlier you can definitively answer that question, the better. You probably got hundreds of thousands of dollars in orders just sitting on the sideline waiting on a concrete production schedule. I'd buy one today if I could drive up to Ostrander and load it up tomorrow

#13431 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I sincerely apologise for any delays in our response to your refund request. Our standard refund policy is to refund your payment within 30 days. As we are moving towards full production this process maybe delayed up to 60 days

Man it looks like NPO got out just in time :/

#13471 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Jesus Christ. Andrew comes on here today with an update for customers. States SE games are shipping, while not as fast as they'd like, but they are catching up on their backlog. They've had unexpected issues with design, but important changes have been implemented, for the benefit & future reliability of their product. And that LE production is on the horizon, and they are doing their best to meet their obligations to customers as fast as they can.

So how do some in this thread respond to this seemingly genuine update? With mud slinging, conspiracy theories, and unfounded speculation.

Dude, are you f'n blind? You listed all the positive things he said, but kinda forgot the elephant in the room.. you know, the part about refunds delayed for 60 days? THAT is the source of speculation, theories and yes, mudslinging. Oh, and the lack of actually shipped games. What Heighway is doing now is not normal, and a pretty good sign his company is in financial trouble. I certainly do not want him to fail... I want to buy an Alien. But to ignore obvious signs of financial difficulty would be irresponsible. And then you get fanbois like yourself who get all pissy when people point out the obvious....

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

As it's been stated a million times before.......Don't place deposits & don't pre-order if you can't handle it.

I think they're handling it OK. Sounds like *you* can't handle criticism of your favorite pinball company?

#13568 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

but I have to agree with the cabs. I didn't like the look of it on FT and don't like it on alien. plus the feel of the side rails is off putting to me. but I can overlook any of that for an awesome game based off some of my favorite movies as a kid, and I still love them today.

This is really the only knock I have against Alien and FT.. just don't like the cabinet, for basically these reasons, especially the lockdown bar. If Alien turns out as good as it is looking to be, I could see a decent aftermarket biz of putting folks' Alien playfields into traditionally-built cabinets.. black market of this biz would have cabs with killer artwork on 'em Once Heighway gets more titles out, the modularity will be more beneficial.

#13605 6 years ago

Maybe this

Quoted from pingod:

Also have a scoring issue on multiplayer games where it would only show 2 digits of your score per player after ball one.

is related somehow to this

Quoted from aeonblack:

if player one plays Alien, and player two plays Aliens, every skill shot that player one makes on Alien gives him 50 million (instead of what should be 50k, if I'm correct).

Display bug and not actual scoring bug?

4 weeks later
#14981 6 years ago

I think Heighway would have done much better had his first game not been an unlicensed motorcycle theme. U.S. is the biggest pinball market and motorcycle racing is barely a blip on the sports radar here. They simply didn't sell enough FT games to fund Alien production. Had he produced Alien FIRST, I think he'd still be in business now.

#14995 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've always thought that motorsport themes were a bad idea, because there's something about them that really turns off non-fans. Like some themes might not be magical or special for you, but you don't actively dislike them and will buy them still. But racing and motorsports just seems to be real love/hate. If you're not into them you want nothing to do with them.

For me it wasn't hate, but definitely indifference. The game shot and flowed well, but it was all just "make shots to beat the other bikes" ... lots of motorcycle noises and some cheering; can't really remember anything else, and that's the problem.. it was just unmemorable. Never got any feel of animostity towards the blue biker, never heard any humor or fun quotes. For me it was a good game to play on location but I never considered buying one for home play. Compare to RZSSI.. "Let's go f*ck up some demons!" when you start a game.. Rob himself cussing you out when you mess up American Witch.. Captain Spaulding calling you an asshole and/or talking up his awesome fried chicken as you're bashing him.. the game just oozes personality.

#15004 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL! I'd take a Full Throttle over that turd called RZ, and I'm no fan of Full Throttle.

I'm not going to gloss over RZ's problems... as it sits now, it's rather broken from a scoring/competitive standpoint. However, I've had no physical issues with my game; the glaring problems are all software related, and Spooky is working hard at rewriting the code. I'm confident the game will turn out to be great once they're done.

#15013 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And it has to be said the powder coating is beautiful on RZ. And a superb real backglass. The game doesn't look cheap.

Best backglass since hell I don't even know. The artistic detail and quality of print are simply outstanding.

#15014 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Not sure, but one thing I am sure about: It will still have the same amount of shots.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I count at least 10 from memory, not including pops as shots and also ignoring the 2 lightning standups that are very hard to hit. That's not enough for you?

Plenty of shots in the game.. some very easy (ramp, murder ride), some hard (L/R orbits), some occluded (lightning standups). Hell, Nineball is built around a lock shot that's only possible off a rebound. RZ is similar.. use the pops to get the standups. Fortunately for Eggbert, Stern is quite adept at cranking out fan layouts...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.