• 24,463 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by noitbe1
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 4 years ago

at the start of a multi ball if i hear Vasquez screaming 'lets rock'.

where do i sign up !!

aliens - most likely my favourite movie of all time.

1 month later
#446 4 years ago

would love to hear that motion sensor somewhere in game.

1 month later
#645 4 years ago

time for a change of avatars.....

TALK TO ME HUDSON!!!

4 months later
#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Fantastic movie. I managed a single house, 800 seat theatre back when it was released. We ran a 70mm print with a brand spanking new sound system featuring Klipsch theatre speakers behind the screen and 12 Heresy surrounds. Man did it rock! I remember the beginning...the part where they cut through the door of the Space Ship and it fell to the floor with a solid thud....it would just shake the whole theatre and hammer your chest. Awesome.

one of the best movies, ever. classic. period.

1 week later
#1036 4 years ago

when a multiball mode starts... would love hearing Vasquez scream "lets rock" actual voice!!... omg.
sorry i can dream.

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wait till Heighway announce they have the Predator license ....
Wink wink
Nod nod
rd.

thats coming in their next thread. "Heighways next pin"

2 months later
#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Don't be silly....it's a doughnut...

yep cinammon iced

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Hell yeah! I bet Andrew snagged that number for himself

yep i guess 426 is taken. : P

2 weeks later
#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Love that Bug Stomper logo. It was on the dropship, but kinda hard to make out in the movie. "We Endanger Species". Ha, great tag line.
image.jpg

Spunkmeyer !!!

one of the greatest movies of all time. amen

1 month later
#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So, I watched both Alien and Aliens last week (crazy enough, not in that order). Man, there is some great material to choose from that can be implemented in a pin.
It was fun watching these again, it had been awhile. Both are great films, although they are actually quite different. I have a preference for the original, as I think the writing is tighter and the acting was better. It was more a sci-fi film compared to the second, which was almost more of an action film than a sci-fi film, with more humor. I can see how some would find the sequel to be more entertaining than the original though.

totally agree. the original was more tight and intense. the sequel, a mind blowing full on action film.
for me, the sequel ranks up there as one of the best movies ive ever seen.
did i miss reading any mention on an australian distributor for heighway?

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is my understanding, subject to change if I get it wrong:
The LE will come with the LE artwork set, and also the Standard art too. So if you happen to like one more than the other you can swap them. That's backglass and sideart. Both easy to change. The side art is on the same material as the backglass since they both light up.

thats it.. im starting to search for mcfarlane figures for hudson, hicks, apone, bishop, ripley and the like to adorn my aliens playfield. : P

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You'll find Hicks, and that's about it. Good luck .

i know..

but hey, no Ripley? she should be somewhere. maybe.

#1904 3 years ago

thanks Aurich,
im sure theres a lot of interest here in aust. not just for aliens, but anything heighway does now and in the future..
they have proved themselves, in getting pins out, and not only that, customer relations is right up there...
i.e. keeping customers up to date, in the loop and whatever...
the business model is pretty much dialled.

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Zax Amusements, Melbourne, they have one on the showroom floor.

Zak has one>? nice... ill head down there when i get a chance.

thanks

#1919 3 years ago

F ramp only possible from the top flipper yeah?

looks a great layout, and lots to do...

#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Maybe they should make the "c" ramp an up-and-down ramp like in Whirlwind or Pinbot, plenty of space behind there for a lane to a saucer or target.

yeah there is a bit of space at the back there...

#2050 3 years ago

Total Recall, would be an awesome theme to work with.

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

How long before its ready? 2 weeks...........
I'll get my coat!

yes thats right. 2 weeks !

9 months later
#6550 2 years ago

one of the best movies of all time.

#6642 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Newt sucks.
Need more Hicks.

any hudson, apone or Vasquez ? : P

1 month later
#6971 2 years ago

any cool motion sensor audio ? that alone kicks ass.

2 weeks later
#7090 2 years ago

is # 426 taken ; P

#7103 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Check the other Alien thread......think that one was taken a long time ago.....

heh no doubt.

1 week later
#7253 2 years ago

is there a "LETS ROCK" multiball ?

2 weeks later
#7478 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Zaxx in Melbourne I believe. I'm ordering direct though.

better contact Zak to be sure.

#7522 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Whatever the pin, the quality, the hype etc it does not appear very attractive for an European customer.

20% VAT or whatever? damn.

i thought we got our pants pulled down with 10%

#7524 2 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

In Denmark we have 25% VAT. Take that!

surely no other european country can top that?

EDIT: hungary 27 freaking percent VAT.

2 months later
#9548 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow!!! Play fields are amazing!!! And I'm still old fashioned..ultimate care and craftsmanship comes from hand tools ( granted, its slower) way less chance for over torque, marring of screws and bolts, etc., and the care of true hand assembly!!!
Truly Amazing!!!....can't wait!!!...mark

yep nice quality indeed.

2 weeks later
#9829 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

nothing to do with logistics of shipping or distributors.
more to do with VAT being charged on exported pins.

your in Australia brah, no VAT. whats happening ?

#9852 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I have sent you a PM - did you receive it?
If you have been charged sales tax by us on an invoice then that is incorrect.
Please forward the invoice to me at andrew@heighwaypinball.com and I will address it.

no need for a distro in australia, if you are shipping direct to customers yes ?

#9865 2 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

There are enough of us to warrant a local distributor when it comes to after sales service etc.
Hopefully the machinations will be finalised soonish and we get a local contact to liaise with directly
We're all fans and think this could be a damn fine pin!

absolutely

#9901 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Looks pretty bad ass to me.

As stated multiple times before, there is NO need for a large oversized head now that the boards have gotten much smaller. Have you even seen a Full Throttle machine in person, because the lit side art looks stellar in a darkly lit gameroom. Heighway is trying new designs & fresh ideas, and this is why many of us support the company. Again....you cannot please everyone. Have faith in your vision & your product

the whole machine looks stellar and of very high quality. the clear on the PFs also looked incredibly well done in previous pics/videos.

#9907 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I think it's already been discussed and Andrew is looking into it.

black bats and green rubber? : )

#9920 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im Ready to be Ready!

got room in there to fit another pin Art ? : P id struggle to find room for 25 pins here, id have to build a bigass extension.

1 week later
#10015 2 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

I'd also have much preferred this be strictly an 'Alien' pinball but that was only ever a dream.

actually im the opposite, id rather see an Aliens pinball, but thats just me. Im sure the pin will be fantastic anyway.

3 weeks later
#10578 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Maybe if I went back to my Alien avatar people would stopping thinking stupid things like me hating Heighway?

nah keep that avatar.

2 weeks later
#11176 2 years ago

cab side art, talking cab side art only...

no difference from LE to standard? apart from color.? apologies if i missed that over the course of the thread.

#11207 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

It was suggested as a deposit method only to accommodate the customer.

not even a deposit, no.

#11406 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Really mourning the loss of yet another talented/phenominal actor and human being! 2016/17 really blows!
'Aliens'
Vasquez: "Look, man. I only need to know one thing- where they are!"
Hudson: "Right, right. Somebody said "alien." She thought they said "illegal alien" and signed up"
Vasquez: "Fuck you man!"
Hudson: "Anytime, anywhere!"
Ripley: "How long after we're declared overdue can we expect a rescue?"
Hicks: "Seventeen days"
Hudson: "Seventeen days? Hey, man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last 17 hours. Those things are gonna come in here like they did before. They're gonna come in here, they're gonna come in here and they're gonna get us!"
Hudson is frantically mowing down aliens]
Private Hudson: Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? Fuck you!

Aliens, possibly the greatest movie of all time. (for me)

RIP Bill. one of my alltime fav. actors.

1 month later
#12699 2 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I accidentally saw Alien 4 over the weekend.. ughhh..

better than Alien 3. or whatever that pos was called.

#12710 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Have you seen the Alien 3 directors rough cut that's on the DVD and Blu-Ray? It actually had the potential to be a much better movie. There's a whole extra character, sequence of events & a lot of different details in that cut that make it a much better film.

ill have to check it out

2 weeks later
#13537 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

running your own business will do it...that and having kids

ok ill say it..

(and a wife.) : P

#13638 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Uh, you misquoted him. That situation IS being resolved.

huh ?

Roman stated earlier today.....

"As posted above three weeks ago we were working on a solution for Heighway Pinball.
Due to lacks in communication we or I won`t supply Heighway Pinball with my glass aka Roman´s Glass
or PDI Glass. "

#13679 2 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Has Cointaker shipped out any of the 20 they were supposed to get?

have you checked with Cointaker? they would be able to answer that immediately.

and would be interesting to know..

#13711 2 years ago
Quoted from onedeath:

I am supposed to be in the first order and we all know that they have not shipped yet due to the issues that are being addressed. I also have an AFMr coming so not really worried about waiting, as long as I have it for the Cle Show I'm good.

your saying Cointaker hasnt received them ?

#13811 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Yeah that's correct
...but still waiting for the refund from COINTAKER as I've just asked for it

any update on that refund from cointaker.

#13886 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

think pinball restore is where I bought a roll of good mylar

correct. there is good mylar, and not so good shitty mylar..

#13891 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Yeah if you pay some extra monies

gonna put some roman glass lovin' in ? you could drive there and pick it up almost...

btw, the machine looks beautiful, grats.

#14114 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Some people tried to tell me that this was the desired appearance of the ramps, but that just didn't make any sense to me.

Has Andrew actually commented on the finish of the ramps ? / reasoning etc. i may have missed it.

1 week later
#14740 1 year ago

has production stopped at the factory ?

any machines getting delivered, at moment.

#14758 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I feel this is where I am at.... a decent answer needs to come now.... or I will invest other places ...... total anahilation is my thoughts

invest might not be the right word here.... this is pinball.

#14887 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm going to ask the mods to please lock this thread, it's time to move on.
You'll want to take your discussion here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball

why cant Andrew come in here, (this thread) and bring the updates ? where is he ?

#14952 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Sitting at the window of the nearby retirement center watching the new management walk into the factory.

well he may have access to a computer there, and hopefully some sorta connection.. hot spot ?

his last post was in the rebirth thread..

i think he owes a statement to the buyers in this thread... just tap out, and thats it?

#15028 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I actually think Alien was too big of a title to tackle by a company not mature enough to handle it. Andrew and Heighway MADE machines...the Bacardi thing, Full Throttle, and got them out. Bacardi is big enough to swallow pinball whole, and am sure his confidence was high. Full Throttle wasn't popular, period. Alien was HIS grail as well...believe he grossly underestimated the development costs associated with a major, licensed theme. He new he had a winner, but Sucked the Well dry before it truly came to market. The attempts to generate excitement with false release dates ( cash flow) didn't work. People were already excited. In a strange way, I think he truly believed in what he was saying. Love can be blind, and he loved Alien.
Suspect internals started bleeding when the " Licensing" took forever....believe he was tapped at that point. It truly is sad....the pain he must be feeling, as his " baby" had to be given away. He will always get props in my book for engaging with the community, his genuine passion, and getting Alien to the finish line. Have you seen the game? It's absolutely a beautiful machine that plays amazingly ( even the proto I played at expo stole the show, imho).
Investors will find a way...we will wait for the facts ...and a side note, if you were part of the K*****da show while he was here, there was much wrong with him, and he wasn't " right" about anything, just an attention monger, period. I'm as far as you can get from a "thin skinned pile on". The guy has problems...no "facts" will ever be deemed viable coming from that circus.
Probably take a break from posting in this thread for a while....sad for Andrew, sad for the people who made a bad move by paying in full, and sad for Alien..the ultimate grail for me. Hoping my LE eventually finds its way to my game room.

+1

well said.

#15126 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

What would she add to the game? Have you played it yet? The only quote I can recall off-hand is "get away from her, you bitch". Maybe add a clip of her sending an alien into space (when would such a clip even be used?), but for being the main protagonist she really doesn't have many iconic quotes--or even scenes--from either movie. I remember more of the secondary characters and their scenes than any of hers.

hudson quotes were total classic.

#15176 1 year ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I think this will be my last time of pre-ordering pinball games for the foreseeable future. Bummer.

can someone, for the love of god, tell me the benefits of preordering/prepaying... i have yet to work it out.

1 week later
#15397 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

We are hard at work here to make sure we can get out as many machines to as many customers as quickly as possible.

in addition to......

We are hard at work here to make sure all those that have requested refunds receive them as quickly as possible.

1 week later
#15476 1 year ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Morgan finally reached out to me yesterday about my refund. Hopefully things work out.

reached out .. meaning. it will be issued ?

#15531 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm starting to think I might go loaded SE over the LE, beacons and ramp optics aren't really doing anything for me, translite I won't use and side art I don't care, current deposit would give me anti glare glass, shaker, EL, LCD cover shipping with a little to spare. Mmmmmmm

probably what i would do yeah.
altho i do like the side art ..... rather than it with nothing..
id probably order romans glass separately.
dont really like shakers, altho was good in LAH

#15534 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

? The SE has side art.

ok

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside