DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 9 years ago

Dang you HeighwayPinball for making another game I want !!

There better not be any light cycles in it, or I'll have to buy 2.

alien-1.jpgalien-1.jpg

#91 9 years ago

ok gang... i found this LE version drawing... must have accidentally been posted then quickly removed. can't find it again, but fortunately saved a copy just in time hehehehe...

alien-le-1.jpgalien-le-1.jpg

It looks like it has some cool existing and new features:
17. TSPP-like ball saucer behind 3 drop-targets. Activates 10 unique LE game play modes.
18. Hidden ball-redirect, when active sends ball into subway*. Similar to TOM "Vanish".
19. Secret hole at top of playfield leading into subway*.
20 & 21. Subway-left and subway-right, with game-state related switch that redirects ball down 1 of those subways adding randomness to game. Also, allows for multiball capture & storage for LE.
22 & 23. Popup targets similar to MM or TH. However, instead of just 1 fixed toy that pops up to bash, there are 3 unique toys & 1 VUK ramp.
24 & 25. There are 2 under-playfield sliding tracks containing 4 options to popup in their 1 location. The 4 options slide left & right on a track under the playfield, so when the target popus up, the player has 1 of 3 surprises to bash or 1 VUK ramp to capture the ball or have already captured balls shout out of it down to the lower flippers. The 3 options on the slider are: (a) alien egg, (b) alien facehugger, (c) adult alien. The 4th item is the VUK. We believe this first-ever game design feature will elevate the market in game design and ensure our LE customers enjoy every penny.
26. Digital radar display for hunt & attack mode. This shows unique (random) locations of aliens starting at the far-back of the playfield and over time moving closer to the lower flippers. Player can kill this aliens by hitting targets represented by the digital radar blip locations on the display. Some aliens require more than 1 direct hit to kill. If aliens work their way down the playfield and make it directly on top of the player, the 2 lower flippers will begin to work inconsistently & weaker, representing damage taken by the player from direct alien attacks.

...what?!? A boy can dream...

#135 9 years ago

yup

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Make sure you send the form as well as make the down payment.
I got a fast response from Andrew
- Jeff

party @ your place !!

#226 9 years ago

hehehe

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

That is amazing. I'm a huge Giger nerd, so I wouldn't think twice about spending $400 on something like that. That needs to be displayed somewhere though. I was thinking more like cheap toy.

it should pop out of the middle of the playfield when you loose...

"game over, man"

alien-gameover-1.gifalien-gameover-1.gif

#242 9 years ago

IMG_3518.JPGIMG_3518.JPG

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from ozuba:

For the benefit of the group, here's some further details Andrew sent via PM. All good news except perhaps busting basement height, may have to rig a side mount
"...without topper, the height is 2000mm
With topper, the height will be between 2,100-2,200mm, depending on the beacons that we use
The topper assembly and ramp fibre optic light add-on will be available to purchase later
Code will be compatible, yes"

2000mm
2,100-2,200mm

baxster-spanish-1.jpgbaxster-spanish-1.jpg

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

For those who do not use the metric system...
1900 mm = 74.8 inches = 6 ft 2.8 inches
2050 mm = 80.7 inches = 6 ft 8.7 inches
2100 mm = 82.7 inches = 6 ft 10.7 inches
Marcus

i resemble that comment...

ron-pick-1.jpgron-pick-1.jpg

#290 9 years ago

remember this

http://www.wired.com/2010/11/1110mars-climate-observer-report/

1999: A disaster investigation board reports that NASA’s Mars Climate Orbiter burned up in the Martian atmosphere because engineers failed to convert units from English to metric.

A NASA review board found that the problem was in the software controlling the orbiter’s thrusters. The software calculated the force the thrusters needed to exert in pounds of force. A separate piece of software took in the data assuming it was in the metric unit: newtons.

“The units thing has become the lore, the example in every kid’s textbook from that point on,” Cook said. “Everyone was amazed we didn’t catch it.”

#336 9 years ago

or reveal early & often

1 month later
#474 9 years ago

i have this r-e-a-l-l-y sinking feeling that when this pin comes out, i'm gunna want it
i'm already out of space, selling stuff off, and have more on the way already. arrrg.

#477 9 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

specially after you come play mine
--Jeff

dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can pay mine Lab

double

ernie-fp.jpgernie-fp.jpg

#482 9 years ago

what tha bleep...

#489 9 years ago

still have LE's for sale ?
any xmas specials

#507 9 years ago
Quoted from AloneMordakai:

Well... not exactly the early December update I was hoping for.

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

There are two story arcs for this game - one for each movie.
We are experimenting with two different options here.
One option is that you select which movie you want to play in, before you start the game. When you complete all of the modes, and the final wizard mode for that movie, then you automatically start the other movie.
The second option is that you compete in modes at random, probably selected by pop bumper hits, and then you access a movie's wizard mode when you complete that movie's modes.
Both options could even be present in the final game - with the default setting being able to be changed in game adjustments.
Or, as we get deeper into rules testing and development, then we may come up with another solution.

please stop making me WANT this game
good grief this sounds too cool !!!

#576 9 years ago

...i must resist...
...i must resis...
...i must resi...
...i must res...
...i must resERVE ONE NOW !!!!!

...ahhhhhhhh....

#584 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

What'd did your wife say? She happy with getting rid of the dining room table?

hehehe... maybe if i sell the centipede cabaret in the bedroom she'll let me put an aliens in the dining room

#597 9 years ago

tron-ohnohedidnt-bb.jpgtron-ohnohedidnt-bb.jpg

3 months later
#963 9 years ago

OMG... i'm totally going to want this game !!!!!!!!!

I'm soooooo afraid when I see it with artwork, toys, ramps, & some demos of play/sound/etc... i'll have to have it.

#969 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny how far a little communication and honesty goes, right? Things are delayed, but here's why. Here's what we're working on, here's what we hope to show soon, here are some rough timelines that we're aiming for.
And if you say you're gonna show something in a month, and you can't, because the real world is complicated? Hey, just update like you promised, and say whatever you're allowed to about what's going on again, and give your best estimate for when you can try again.
I truly believe that pinball people are very patient, if you just make them feel informed and part of the process. Almost everyone would rather wait a little longer for a better game, they just want to know why they're waiting, and maybe a little other information to tide them over.
The trouble and drama appear when there's an information vacuum.

"Communication" speaks volumes mi amigo.

#982 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm excited too, but a wait and see approach is important.
Stay strong Labnip!!!

want...

Want...

WANT...

must re-si-st....

MUST HAVE !!!!

6 months later
#2696 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't speak to sounds at this time. ...
It won't be a "funny" game, I can tell you that.

"Half off expired eggs."

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2704 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I said we're not making a funny game. This is going to be f—ing intense. How many games do you own that are based on an R rated movie?

Half off the f—ing expired eggs !!

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 months later
#3589 8 years ago

i bought kaneda's

#3603 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hey!!!...you're supposed to be guarding the TRON thread..based on Flanks latest avatar, we could be in trouble over there...( btw, you NEED this pin, as well...)...

i have to sell my Space Invaders pin, so it doesn't get jealous being in the same house.
...any buyers?

#3647 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

We have had this discussion
-Jeff

come an' get it !!!!

#4175 8 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

Episode 214 "An Evening With Aurich Lawson"
- Aurich Lawson, Art Director for Heighway Pinball's Alien talks Alien art package, Heighway Pinball, and more.
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-214-an-evening-with-aurich-lawson_67962

hi,

thanks for both of y'all taking the time to do this.
really enjoyed.

cheers

#4179 8 years ago

Plalien - play alien

Grailien - Grail alien

Alienjoy - alien enjoy

Aliencore - alien encore

#4246 8 years ago

I was hoping for a cat cameo on the playfield

#4405 8 years ago

I'm totally cool with Ripley not being on the playfield...

She isn't much to look at (and is a bit of a dog), and the films aren't called "ripley". Make it about the aliens and their universe. That's tons of content to draw from.

Wynona Ryder plastic mods & toys on the playfield would be nicer to look at, but sadly from later film

And really... Shouldn't we dig deeper into the whole cat aspect of the aliens universe. Shirly there's no "extra" licensing for the cat and stop calling me...

Given the global popularity of cats, imagine the enormous consumer appeal to this Alien pin if it was covered in cat actor content. Cat mods, cat modes, hell... Even extra points for getting your cat to play. We could even ship the game right meow with 1 of the balls made of yarn.

Move over dr jones !!
LE backglass on the way !!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

I'll bet $10 kaneda-dollars that aurich is secretly planning an Alt-Retheme playfield overlay, plastics, backglass & outer-cab art that is cat themed & that's why there's no cat likeness on the current design

#4407 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All joking aside, in the novel, the cat was the narrator of the whole story.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#4409 8 years ago

^^ for the win !!!

#4413 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What

600full-sigourney-weaver_(resized).jpg

I needed a lead in for the dog/cat pivot

#4416 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just ONE insert for the cat??!?! PFFFT. Whatever.
I don't know this world anymore. Btw, I dated a Sigourney-esque woman years ago. One date. Don't need her staring at me while playing pinball!!

Was she a cat hoarder?

#4418 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm sure all of you are real lookers as well

Watchu talkin bout ??

Me at last year's TPF, look out ladies
Kaneda was always a little too affectionate...

#4420 8 years ago

Found a topper idea

#4427 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can't wait for the Harry Potter pin with no character license.

They're going to focus on the owls

#4437 8 years ago

I heard a rumor that the alien pin will ship with some uninformed douchebag podcasts pre-installed and there's a pin menu setting to use those podcast clips as callouts instead of movie voice-overs

Let's see if they repeat that

#4440 8 years ago

Hang in there homie.
Your Alien pin artwork rocks.
This is going to be the most kick butt immersive experience the Sci-Fi world has seen in decades & you're the front man bringing the visual together for the entire world to enjoy.

This pin will be hoarded by collectors & players for generations & the envy of the current and the growing future fans.

It is truly a work of art & an important piece of sci-fi & entertainment history.

#4528 8 years ago

#4534 8 years ago

Possible LE backglass illustration art

For the win, Jones

1 week later
#4588 8 years ago

Mechs are often some of the last things to be tested on a game - but the development of one game can be different from another. The whitewood is there as a test bed - and it is being used as such.
As discussed earlier, we are pushing hard to show something at the Texas Pinball Festival in March.
5 printed and lacquered playfields will be ready within 2 weeks. We will show you pictures when they arrive.
There are some features to this game that we have kept tightly under wraps. We will reveal them closer to the release date and we hope you think they will have been worth the wait.
We will keep you posted.

OMG... you're going have to beat me back with a bat all day at TPF if this pin is there
...not only that, you're going to sell out if it's there. have staff ready to take an unexpectedly large # of orders at the booth.

#4600 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just definitely post what show an Alien will be at, near which door, and how close to the nearest highway...that way I can load it up and get out of there quick!! LOL. Or I'll happily just bring my checkbook.

TPF

1 week later
#4620 8 years ago

rumor has it Sigourney Weaver is only offering her likeness to 1 of up-coming pins. either Ghostbusters or Aliens...

you didn't hear it from me

#4624 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

And there it is... The quiet subtle faint of the genesis spark. Quoted lest we forget how the endless discussions were started as this will be argued and dialogued to fact before long, be it here or the other thread this was also posted to - just to incite another ill fated parlay. I love a good origin story.
ru·mor mill
noun
used to refer to the process by which rumors and gossip are originated and circulated among a group of people.

somebody's got to stir the pot around here to keep things interesting

swedish-chef-1_(resized).jpgswedish-chef-1_(resized).jpg

#4680 8 years ago

Last coat of lacquer going on today. We expect to have them ready by early next week

You better.... Or we'll have to come up with more nonsense to talk about until such time

2 weeks later
#4899 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Can't wait to see some modded eggs that open up and light up

how do they get the baby aliens back in those eggs after each game ?

#4975 8 years ago

It's a fair point Chris.
We are not trying to raise or lower any expectations - the situation changes on a daily basis.
The questions from our side are: should we show what we have, can we show what we have and will we show what we have.
I'm not trying to talk in riddles but I can't say myself right now if the game will make it to Texas. It will be a last minute decision that I will have to make based on a number of factors at the time.
Current deadline for being able to send a game is next Tuesday.

only friendly pardners in Texas here to see any version with welcoming beers & for our amigos.

#4985 8 years ago

if Alien pin shows up at TPF, it may be one of the few new pins promoted.

Stern GB = sounds like it is out.
Planetary Pin R2 = they're out.
JJP ? = ?
P3 = will have some new games announced there.
others?

1 week later
#5112 8 years ago

we want aurich back

we want aurich back

#5115 8 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I kept up for the first 75 or so pages. Is this for sure going to be at TPF?

Absolutely maybe

1 month later
#5766 7 years ago

i like aliens
they are cool
this pin is going to rock
the end

2 weeks later
#6288 7 years ago

#6317 7 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

So has there been any word as to when these will go into production. I ask cause the layout looks awesome and could possibly be my next purchase if its sooner rather than later.

I hear it's tomorrow

1 year later
#14976 6 years ago

dang...

just dang...

alien-1 (resized).jpgalien-1 (resized).jpg

#15039 6 years ago

i just filtered the thread and read all of just heighwaypinball posts from beginning to end.
interesting insight.

also funny to see jared & kaneda on the first pages.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=labnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.