pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 9 years ago

Is this inspiring or what...I told you all, Nordman's designs are fantastic, Just need the art and rules to match it.

#47 9 years ago

Andrew,
I know what you said about the photo realistic art for the pf, but this is a big thing and Geiger was a major reason for the way this franchise looks..so if you can't use the Geiger inspired art perhaps you can use Alien symbology and skeleton like architecture...like the stuff in AVP temple walls. This game's art and look will be huge in how well it will go over. In any case the darker the better, the color palette needs to be blue greenish of course. Here is a few inspirations for you...GL

PS: The pops should be the sleeping pods from the original movie...that would be very cool.

Al..jpgAl..jpg ship-d4djf3g-789.jpgship-d4djf3g-789.jpg p3xnfyplpo3nyh9avmcn.jpgp3xnfyplpo3nyh9avmcn.jpg 20120108-165907.jpg20120108-165907.jpg
#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd just love to see you find a creative way to hide the "rectangle hole with screen in it" look. But in a way that doesn't overly restrict you, 100% hear that. Like a slightly rounded border, like an old school CRT, with a bezel graphic.

I'll one up that and say the pf would be a lot better without the lcd screen in it. Perhaps moving it to the back like CV...or on the apron like the future pinball game.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I like the backbox. Natural evolution that needs to happen. No need for giant bulky heavy backboxes anymore.

I hear ya, but it would be so out of place next to a line of pins....

#121 9 years ago

Hey what do you have against "Dark Horses?

#286 9 years ago

8C8Od0b.png8Cd0b.png

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I can't say it for sure, but I guess all communications during the moon missions were given using the metric system!

You don't land on the moon by guessing.........KABOOM!

8 months later
#1266 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

One more!...could not resist...now i'm gonna leave you guys alone, just make it awesome!
alien_sentry_01.jpg

I don't know who you are Dutchman but DP should put you on the payroll. You clearly have a knack for this stuff.

1 year later
#8743 7 years ago

I know I' m 20 pages behind on this but first off congrats to Heighway, I think they did a marvelous job, is everyone going to be happy? Of course not. But still to make it here is a milestone, I will self disclose I have not played the game but I've seen all the videos. I think David Thiel did a nice job. However a few suggestions: (or you can let modders do this) Rip out that fluorescent white lights in the backboard. The game needs to be darker and more greenish blue..so you have to match all of those lights in GI to it, too much cool white LEDs. Next the slurpee straw magnet from the Alien needs to be reworked, you can also drape it with a clear silicone blanket to make it look like the slavia slime. The act of locking the bar needs to be dramatised a bit, turn off all of the GI lights, make the game go dark, use flasher to blink on and off on the head as it grabs the ball. Last suggestions for the pf LCD, less is more....50% of the time the lcd should mimic the art on the pf, in other word show the lower half of the planet. It should only come on for effect. It's showing the score and lot's of other stuff...that takes away from the atmosphere of the game. Other than that I have to say I'm in.....Good Luck!

1 week later
#9039 7 years ago

I'm hearing vicious rumors flying about again...every time someone tries to elbow in this hobby they get burned down.

#9149 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I know the spotlight is on us.
At this point - we must deliver. Everyone on our team knows that.
We are pushing very hard at this point.
We have missed some deadlines in the past, and hit some deadlines in the past.
Shipping as many Alien games this year, as possible, is our number one objective.
We aim to give you regular updates over the coming days and weeks. This will include parts arriving, cabinets being assembled, playfields being assembled, etc...
Our prototypes arrived back this afternoon - finally. We will shoot some gameplay videos as soon as possible and then post them accordingly.

Pulling for you Andrew man...I'd love to see Stern finally get some real competition.

3 months later
#10700 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Exactly, let's leave it out of this so-called pinball forum.

Lol....F#%k it dude, let's go bowling.

418WsAegsPL._SY300_ (resized).jpg418WsAegsPL._SY300_ (resized).jpg

1 week later
#11123 7 years ago

I can tell by the video this table is going to be a good player. Good Job, can't wait to see the LE with the lighted ramps.

2 months later
#13074 6 years ago

To quote my favorite pin: "Hmm. I expected more."

#13084 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You expected more than a hand drawn backglass? I don't think any one expected it to be hand drawn.

How was anyone expecting that when we were told no hand drawn art was permitted? Besides I was not talking about the BG, the LE has very little to differentiate itself. We can always get the modders to make other BG for us, maybe one with the whole cast, Ripley included. I was expecting a whole different art package. With so little changed why did the licensor take so long to approve? Did the Xenomorph not like the way his face was portrayed?

1 week later
#13502 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I certainly empathize with the impatience of those who have paid in part or in full for this game. It truly is a dream theme for me, and I'm sure for many others as well.

Mr. Xeno is in a coma at the moment. I am waiting on the new xeno board. Andrew and I talked about this in person, face to face at TPF. I expect to get this board, and honestly, I am in no hurry. It doesn't impact game play in any way. When Ambush multi-ball starts, the magnet in front of the xeno still grabs the ball. All lights go out, and Bill Paxton screams "what do mean they cut the power, they're animals"...or other variations..and gameplay continues. ...it's awesome. Sure, it will be SO COOL when the xeno eats the ball with strobes all going off...but that's only cosmetic, and such a small part of the overall game.

Post that photo a few more times why don't you...geez.

#13513 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

My apologies. A few new pics would make you happy?

Now we're talking, thanks!

2 weeks later
#14090 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

.....Glad I got out more and more. Granted, these are issues to be expected with a brand new, never done before game like this. But, man....... like I said: I realized I didn't want to be a guinea pig owner.
Hopefully, this is a "one off" situation and not all the games out the door are like this...?

When I was over a friend's house for the unboxing, there were a few issues out of the box, nothing major though. The backboard LEDs were not working. Also the xeno head locked up once or twice trying to grab the ball. A few times when the ball drained it did not register it right away so the game and music continued for about another 5 seconds. Again no big showstoppers to me, by that I mean it's probably a staple through the LED strip and the xeno head and ball drain malfunctioned because of early software..? The only nit picky thing that I didn't like however was the big screen's resolution seemed off. It basically duplicates the same image from the PF's smaller screen but it looked a little grainy. In other words, to me anyway, it looked the smaller image was upscaled to fit the big screen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.