• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14617 1 year ago

I'm all in on an Alien LE.

This machine looks very very good and looks to be a really challenging player. I can't wait to stick it next to my Full Throttle which by the way is very good as well.

Best wishes to Heighway.

Hey Andrew,
Make sure you give all the complainers,on this thread, their game last.
Just kidding everyone. Lol.

#14620 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll tell you what Hilton, I'm on ASLE and hitting the Brewskies in between and loving pinball my man.
No Doobies BUT its all good.
Yes, Colonel Klank, I'm ok with Andrew giving me my game last! Sargent Schlutz sees nothing and hears nothing.

Haha! You crazy bastage.
ASLE is surprisingly a fun game. I was playing it as well. But let's stay on topic.

I'm deferring all my future posts to Manimal and signing a POA. Illinois short form of course.
Manimal is a good voice of reason on this thread.

1 month later
#15693 1 year ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Stop your grinnin and drop your linen, found em...

Is that what I think it is??
Sweet!!!

#15709 1 year ago

Yes I prefer those kind!

#15773 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Finished customizing my Alien, beacons check, powder coated check, my idea was have it be a colour that looked black in most light but green in direct light, but had some silver flecks to give it a spacey feel lol, I like it

Can you tell us the color codes. That looks badass! Nice job.

#15802 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Impressive work you are doing!!! I'm an A/V systems integrator ( now) for a living, but a pure pro audio guy at heart. I've always been convinced there is enough volume on the inside of a pinball cabinet that, when coupled with the right LF driver ( even the 8" variety), low pass filter ( butterworth 12 around 160hz.), and correct amplification, you could create substantial bottom end. The "baffle" config wouldn't be a factor, as the wavelength would be far too long.
Ultimately ( for me) started feeling like work when I drew it up ( which is what I avoid when playing pinball), and realized a cheap, powered external sub would do the job, as my approach would be much more expensive. Hence, abandoned the idea.
I appreciate someone of your caliber caring about the audio in these machines....in truth, it's been one of the more neglected areas of the experience until some machines as of late ( just imho)...THANK YOU!!!!

I want to compliment you on your compliment! (Not being sarcastic).
It's great to hear positive stuff from anybody in pinball. Love this hobby.
Really excited about this machine. Cant wait to put it right next to Full Throttle.
I recommend people pick that machine up. It's a lot of fun.

#15860 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It would probably be a good idea to do as someone mentioned...just offer Roman Glass as a replacement. Heighway would get the better end of the deal and maybe that would help.....

What is Roman glass ? Is that like invisglass?
How about a credit towards their next game?
I'm in for an LE and I'd be okay with that as well.

#15929 1 year ago

Any word at all when they are going to start showing machines on a production line?

1 week later
#16077 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks like Heighway posted on Facebook today and production is ramping up!!!

Kick ass!

#16115 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Code and sound work: appear to be top notch.
great layout? i beg to differ.
given time, people will come to understand there are aspects of alien's physical design that severely hamper overall playability. what are they? i guess you'll just have to wait. i can't see spending the energy on the subject unless the machines are actually produced.

I guess I'll have to wait. You can't spend the energy?
(edited)

#16122 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So to clarify, the design flaw of which you speak which will hamper playability is poor/dark lighting?

Holy mackerel! That's the way I understood it as well. To each his own I guess.

#16158 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if my motives are clear, you have my permission to post them. be my guest. let all the world know. i believe i spelled them out quite eloquently in my last post.
i sincerely requested info from you and you are not responding in kind. if you believe i would alter figures, you are more than welcome to post your audits publicly on this thread or via youtube. the same concern exists on my end if i requested only specific metrics of you. the info is not overly important, or necessary. it would have helped. i told you good, bad, indifferent, i would have used it.
it is a design choice, and IMHO a poor one. you may call if a 'fault' or 'flaw', but it is hardly imaginary. everything else about the game is great, but i assure you, some number of people will view the game in a different light.

we are limited to what data is avail, given so few machines in the wild at this time. still, any backglass is better than no backglass. it is Hilton's contention that his route players are enjoying alien, the game plays well, and is dialed in at the optimum pitch. his data would have provided a cursory look. agree that audits of games owned by skilled players will reflect their level [like #636 ranked joe schober, for example], and their accomplishments will exceed recreational players. still, i don't feel that this is going to be looked upon as a skill issue.
ghostbusters. that game has only two flippers, right?

hillton, i advised you not to try and defend what you don't know you are defending against. i wouldn't want people using your statements against you later. that's why we have miranda rights.
agree. code is terrific. i will be providing some constructive software suggestions myself that may improve game play. if they are considered, fine. this is not a witch hunt on my part.w

when something is finished, that's the time to critique it. the machine is complete, what do you think? then again, maybe pinball has it right. criticize when it's a work in progress; then when its done, don't talk about it because nothing is gonna be changing.

You sure talk a lot of meaningless smack. Who says their going provide some sort of dissertation about a machine when the time is right for you. This is beyond laughable. We're talking about pinball and you used "miranda rights". Seriously?
This isn't a debate. You've provided ZERO useful information.

Do you have a deposit down on this machine?
If you don't , I assume your just on this thread to provide me with your knowledge about pinball machines. Thanks.

#16172 1 year ago

This machine is going to be spectacular. Just like Full Throttle but even better because of the theme.

#16205 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

you smoking some really good shit!!!

lol!

#16289 1 year ago

I'm just speaking for myself here but if Heighway said, I can ship your game to you tomorrow with no fiber optics and we'll give you first in line for the next machine we make plus a $350 credit on the next machine, I would take it in a heartbeat.

#16292 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

I'm just speaking for myself here but if Heighway said, I can ship your game to you tomorrow with no fiber optics and we'll give you first in line for the next machine we make plus a $350 credit on the next machine, I would take it in a heartbeat.

I'm paid in full by the way.....

4 weeks later
#16880 1 year ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

does anyone know exactly how many LE'S are being made? and how many are sold to date? Mine has been paid in full since last sept
just curious

Id like to know this also. I'm in the same boat as well.
I thought if you were paid in full, you would game quicker. Not sure the point of taking on all this exposure if you can put down a deposit and get a game 2 weeks later. What is cointaker thinking? Aren't their people out there that have had deposits down for years? I will call cointaker tomorrow and find out unless someone knows the answer to this already.

#16883 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Big distinction bw LE and standard. I'm buying a standard if that helps....no interest in the "new" LE.

Well hell, I'll just ask Melissa to switch me to a standard and bump you to the "next shipment". I'm sure you'd be cool with that right? Anybody else, that's fully paid for an LE want to join me?

#16885 1 year ago
Quoted from Toads:

That will cost you more.
You will have to pay the new price.

You sure about that? I'm assuming Cointaker had a contract price with HP. So if I ask Melissa to switch to a standard and just refund me the difference, why would she care. My money isn't with HP, it's with Cointaker no?

#16886 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Well hell, I'll just ask Melissa to switch me to a standard and bump you to the "next shipment". I'm sure you'd be cool with that right? Anybody else, that's fully paid for an LE want to join me?

I'm just trying to make a point delt31. It kind of irks me that people that have been waiting a long ass time aren't getting their machine before you. What is HP and Cointaker thinking?
Yeh I get it. You ordered a Standard. Why the hell is HP shipping Standards first? It seems like the dudes on this thread that have been waiting for years ordered LEs. Why not take care of your most loyal customers. Not some dude who just dropped a deposit two weeks ago. No offense DELT31, I'm glad you're getting a machine. Just seems like not the most smart business practice.

#16889 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

kklank - your post certainly came off as being a dick but I don't take offense. You seem like you've been on these boards for awhile so you know that standards are usually made and shipped first (stern is the same way - my GB prem was NIB and I had to wait for Pro and then LE to be made first). Enjoy your LE when you receive it or if you want to drop to standard, good luck with that as well.

No worries. I felt you came off as a dick too earlier in your posts but I realized it was me that was just bummed these machines aren't completed by now for everyone on this thread and you were just excited to announce to everyone that machines were being shipped.

#16891 1 year ago
Quoted from Toads:

Not always the case.
Stern built AC DC LE's first. So everyone that ordered a LE got a cloudy window.
I think stern learnt from that.
Since day one a group of standards were being made first.
How would you feel if the LE's were made in the first batch like the standards already out there. Some have issues with them.id rather they get it spot on, then ship the LE's.

Good point.

#16892 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

No worries. I felt you came off as a dick too earlier in your posts but I realized it was me that was just bummed these machines aren't completed by now for everyone on this thread and you were just excited to announce to everyone that machines were being shipped.

My apologies if I offended you. Again, just very frustrated with the process of getting a game. This takes a lot of patience.

#16930 1 year ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Well, being #17 panned out pretty well for me on TBL. With these boutiques, the front of the line is safer than the back. Agree with you if were talking established companies

That's been my point from the beginning. This is not a regular situation where there isn't any speculation as to whether or not you will be getting your game. There is no guarantee that HP will be around in December or whenever to get their LEs. I thought it would be smart by HP to make sure the people that have waited (suffered) the longest should get their game first.
By the way, that would not be me. Just thinking about the other guys here.

#16933 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Mark, hang in there buddy. Your comments have been so positive for the past 8 months while I've been worried, etc. You and a couple others on here have kept me (and others) interested in the game - which I'm now positive will turn out in our favor. I can feel your frustration now and wanted to encourage you as you have done for me so many times. I believe your Christmas present will happen. Mine too!

I agree. Hang in there. This is going to be such an amazing game to have. Sucks Andrew couldn't go all the way because this is going to be a hell of a game. Can't wait to play it. Heck Full Throttle is blast to play right now!

#16986 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person now...

I think he is! Lol! This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode, "Jimmy thinks he is right....".

#16999 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Pinside staff comment:
We have looked into the matter and do not see anything that leads us to believe greenhornet is a duplicate, in fact, our investigation leads us to believe he is not a duplicate. His posting style likewise does not emulate any usual duplicate account suspect.
If anyone has hard data to show or suggest (other than the third person comment above) he's a duplicate please give it to us in a private MF thread, otherwise we view the matter as closed and instruct everyone to go back on topic.
Thank you all for your attention.

Yes sir! Now everybody drop down and give me 20.

#17026 1 year ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

How bout we lay off the LE bitchfest until they actually announce what is going to be included. As far as we know it will be mounted in an exact replica of the Nostromo. Seeing as the new investors group redid the computer, ramps, xeno mech, I suspect there will be some changes for the LE also. If the LE ships with the standard monitor bezel I will be highly disappointed. As an "in since day 1" guy in holding the line and think we will all be suprised.
Anyone going to Expo? It would be an opportune time to show off an LE but I'm not holding my breath.
-Jeff

Yep I'm going to the Chicago Expo. Got my fingers crossed.

1 week later
#17142 1 year ago

Just my opinion, not looking to create an argument but I always thought the whole kit/swap out playfield idea was a waste of time, energy and low profit for HP. Just crank out machines and have extra parts to ship out to current clients.The concept sounds neat but in the end a total waste of time. Stern could have started this program by now. Why haven't they? Because there's not enough profit.
I have a Full Throttle and I feel they have a strong product. Plays crazy fast and It's built like a brick shithouse.

#17300 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Hilton, quit clowning around trying to make it sound like you know what im thinking. there are probably a good dozen points you'll have to address. and then you'll have to answer to how/why you missed all of them.
only 1 mulitball? would you like to keep guessing? care to check your audits and tell everyone which ones arent getting started?
also note, the version of code running is of little consequence.
the design issue is this: "LACK OF QUALITY FEEDS TO BOTH UPPER FLIPPERS". not just the upper right. but the upper left as well. the existing feeds are undeniably limited and of dubious quality.
dont think there are multiple ramifications/consequences brought on by the lack of quality feeds to the upper flippers. im sure ferret [primarily thru analyzing audit results], has an excellent grasp of where deficiencies lie. Hilton, you on the other hand, came in here claiming you reviewed your machines audits, and found NOTHING wrong or out of balance.
instead you kept posting that shot chart showing 6-7 shots off each upper flipper, "saying look at all the shots, what a great game." what you weren't looking at how they were being fed. even after 6 months of gameplay it never dawned on you just how few quality opportunities you were getting off the upper flippers? anyone who takes the time and reviews all the gameplay video may see that this game plays like a two flipper game, but has four flippers. there is no doubt that people who play this game will eventually realize, 1) that they dont get a fair opportunity to attempt those 6-7 upper flipper shots because their ability to feed them sucks, and 2) that the resulting lack of attempts at key upper flipper shots definitely limits their ability to progress thru/attain several of the games objectives.
my post of the mockup was so people might see what was missing from the current machine - and that was feeds to the upper flippers. it was not my intention to open discussion about redesigning the game, because it is not the actual issue here. it was in the appendix, an illustrative example of a design that would increase quality feeds to both upper flippers. 5 UL, and 3 UR versus the 3 UL [2 being dubious] and 1 UR we have today. and, if that costs you a CB combo shot to the HSR, then its more than a fair trade.
what may not be apparent in that photo is that the left ramp [which can be made from both flippers] would now also feed the UL3 flipper [in green]. the player would have the option to flip UL3 or let the ball pass down the left inlane as it already does. while you may not realize it, this difference is HUGE when it comes to the number of times UL3 is feed. and you know what? it was part of the original Nordman design, but REMOVED. in fact, as already pointed out by another poster, feeds to UL4 were also removed from Nordmans concept. anyone beginning to see how this is starting to come together?
dont get sidetracked on a redesign. the issue here is pointing out the games shortcomings, understanding they will not change, and that we are stuck with a game that has AWFUL UPPER flipper play in almost every respect. haven't even touched on geometry issues yet and whether they can/have been be corrected.
LOWER flipper play - orbits tougher than others but, looks like you can make every shot A-L-L D-A-Y L-O-N-G. forgiving in width, wide open in access. its no wonder advocates talk about shooting combo after combo. IMHO going to be a snoozefest low, frustration on the uppers.
like Tony Soprano says,
while your working over the safe,
"i think were getting close".
hilton, i know i cant stop you from rallying your classmates to jump the bully after schools out, but for all of you who keep piling on, you apparently do not understand just how important designed feeds may be to your games.

Dude you are such a drag. You ramble on and on and on and on.
I don't give a rats behind about your knowledge of this game. You've proved your point. Now bounce to another thread. There are people that are trying to enjoy the possibility of receiving a new game and you're ruining it IMHO. This isn't a debate. Find another thread to poor cold water all over.

#17318 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so you have not played the game?

Why dont you and Green Hornet talk by pm. You both made your point don't you think?
Of course, I know someone who has a horse you both can continue to take swings at. It's not quite dead yet.

#17366 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

mark, in many of your posts in this thread your extrapolated guess work abounds, and the conclusions you reach/speculate on are often dead wrong. that style is pretty worthless to readers. 600+ posts and your true contributions are minimal.
your kid in the candy store posts over this game since the start of this thread are overwhelming and mostly

You remind of "that guy" who likes to talk about how much he knows but doesn't realize no one cares. You just enjoy sitting on the ole inter web and arguing.
You remind me of Kaneda, just constantly creating arguments. Non-stop pissing people off to get attention.

Dying to hear about gameplay from the guy who just posted photos. That machine looks dead sexy baby yeah!

#17379 1 year ago

You know what I need in my life right now? I need a "pinball critic". Lol!!
Crawl back in your hole troll.
Fancy Diagrams and big words don't change anything. Troll is a troll.
I personally like my trolls fat, green and smelly.
That way I can see them coming.

image (resized).jpg

#17383 1 year ago

Any comments from royneblom on gameplay from his new Alien??
Love to hear how he's enjoying his new game! Need some positive vibe going again!

#17539 1 year ago

I've already ordered pin stadium lights for this machine. Saw .an example of them at expo and they're amazing. You can adjust the lights as bright or dim as you want. Worth the 150 to me.

#17594 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

apron led strip and spots at the slings, pinstadium is overkill IMO, especially for this game. I really wish Heighway would just realize the game is too dark and make 2 sling spots factory. I think Frolic did that on his FThrottle, I'm gonna look for that pic.

The price for the lights may be but the you can adjust the brightness of the lights on your smartphone. Saw it at expo. Pretty cool.

#17598 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here's a video of that shot. If you hit the left orbit clean and let it go around and bounce off a dead right flipper it goes RIGHT to your upper left flipper for a shot. I botch it and miss the first attempt but you get the picture (end up hitting it in the end).
» YouTube video

Damn! Even with only a 10 second snippet this machine sounds and looks fantastic!

#17682 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

No need at all because you can set the brightness as well as the color.

Yeah I'm not sure everybody understands that you can turn the pinstadiumlights down to just a sock of additional lighting if you want. Whatever your own personal preference is.
I ordered the base package of lights, without the 2 options. We'll see.

#17796 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

oh alien - I love you so much but you're not making it easy! I played again tonight and the playfield LCD again started to do those lines down the middle. No other tvs impacted. Unplugged and replugged everything and the only thing that would make a difference was the power line to the mini LCD. Once I plugged that back in, the lines only appeared transparent and the part of the tv that was blocked before was now showing although I can see the lines still there just transparent.
I'll mention this to HW but I'm pursuing the replacement as soon as it's available in the next shipment. I really hope to hear nothing but good/no issues feedback for the guys getting the game this week.

Wow Delt31! I really hope your machine gets fixed quick. That's freaking me out a little. My Full Throttle has runned great since I've had it. Hate to hear this stuff. Cmon Heighway and help this guy out over the phone. Good support is key to a good company. It would be a great success story and great P.R. To help this man out!

#17881 1 year ago

This game is amazing!

image (resized).jpg

#17888 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice pics. Yours come with fuses?
As for finding them they're right across from coin box and there is a sign that says fuses. Still not home but will take close pic.

Mine did not come with replacement fuses.

#17917 1 year ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Does anyone's ball launch light up?

Mine does not. Everything else works.

#17918 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

got to loader battle for the first time. I can see how the beacons will be great during this mode. The lighting is def the darkest I've seen on this mode. I usually play with no lights on btw.
ferret I had the same thing happen to me but only once. I will try and capture it as well.

Yeah me too. (Hit the left orbit and than drains) it's crazy dark. Not in a bad way. Game just sucks you in. Spectacular.

#18086 1 year ago

Does anybody else have their ball eject/plunger button not light up on their machine. Mine does not and I'm wondering is that just a code issue. I know the button plays a part because you use it for your weapons or something.

#18088 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't think it's code b/c mine lights up during play. I don't believe it lights up all the time but certain situations like when the ball is ready to be launced.
Maybe check the connections...

Is Ferret out there?? Does the button get used during gameplay for weapons?

#18092 1 year ago

I just got an Alien, SW premium, and a Dialed In LE. Alien leaves the other two in the dust in playing time. If this was being mass produced in the States it would be a massive seller.

#18098 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The Launch button should light up at the start of each new ball, when the ball is sitting in the launcher lane ready for action. Pressing the Launch button at this time just launches the ball, doesn't fire a weapon.
Once a ball is in play, the Launch button should light up if you have any weapon available, indicating that pressing the Launch button will fire the currently selected weapon. (If you're not in a mode/multiball, the Dashboard should also advise this on the LCD.) If you have two or more different kinds of weapons, the Extra Ball button should also light up, indicating that pressing that button will rotate which weapon is currently selected. If you have any weapons at all, one will always be "currently selected" to be fired with the Launch button, so if you fire it, the software automatically selects the next available weapon. It is possible to accumulate multiples of each weapon, so should you earn 6 weapons in a row without using any, you'll have two pistols plus one each of the other four weapons.
(I've got code sitting on my computer to show weapons status on the Airlock LCD during modes/multiballs, because you'll often want to use a weapon when those features are active, but currently it's difficult to figure out which weapon is ready to launch if the main Dashboard isn't showing. But because David Thiel is a freakin' genius, there's already a distinct sound effect played when each type of weapon is selected, so you actually can cycle the Extra Ball button and know which weapon is currently active through audio cues alone.)

What purpose do the weapons serve in gameplay.
I've got to figure out what's wrong with my button and why it's not lighting up.

#18168 1 year ago

So my Launch button does not light up at all. If I push the Launch button during gameplay, it registers and works when using whatever weapon you have at that time. I switched the bulb with a bulb from the extra ball button and and the light will not work. It seems like the wiring is fine but maybe it's not? Am I missing something?
Besides that, machines is spectacular. Game play is off the hook.

#18227 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay...I finally figured out my launch button light issue. It wasn't working at all...in testing or game play. I fiddled with the bulb and it starting working in test mode so I figured I was all set. Wrong...it still didn't light up during a game
So I looked again at test mode...there are TWO launch buttons is test mode...normal and auxiliary. Mine was lighting on auxiliary but not normal. So I swapped the wiring on it. There was a spare pair of wires the same color as the connected launch button wires. I swapped them and now my button lights up in both (normal) test and during games! They had connected the auxiliary wires at the factory. Why there are auxiliary wires in the first place I do not know.

What color are the auxiliary wires you switched too.
I have an additional set of purple and yellow wires. And I have a set of black and red wires I have not tried yet.
It originally had a purple and yellow wired connected so I switched out those for another set that is purple and yellow and I got nothing.

#18228 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay...I finally figured out my launch button light issue. It wasn't working at all...in testing or game play. I fiddled with the bulb and it starting working in test mode so I figured I was all set. Wrong...it still didn't light up during a game
So I looked again at test mode...there are TWO launch buttons is test mode...normal and auxiliary. Mine was lighting on auxiliary but not normal. So I swapped the wiring on it. There was a spare pair of wires the same color as the connected launch button wires. I swapped them and now my button lights up in both (normal) test and during games! They had connected the auxiliary wires at the factory. Why there are auxiliary wires in the first place I do not know.</blockquote

Thanks for your help. My button is working again!

#18240 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Plenty of TronVE threads to address your questions.....the LE’s will not be reproduced, period, and have commanded a premium because of it. A VE will have to have great features, but come in at a competitive price point...going to be tough, as nib has continually raised, even w way inferior games...
Back on track......don’t give up yet...machine kicks royal ass, and speculation on here can really turn negative...quick....

I agree. Don't give up. Heighway must know they have something here. The game is incredible. It's a shame, the rest of the pinball community doesn't know what their missing too.

#18308 1 year ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm not reading your whole post...I get the gist of it--you are a troll and you are trying to bait me. I'm a grown ass man and I stand by everything I said. I'm not getting in a grade school gotcha with you. I don't take pinball that serious. Bigger fish to fry in life. With shit that I have been through in the past few years, pinball is a lighthearted outlet for me. Cheers and good health.

I have to commend you for how you're handling yourself on this thread even with all the trolls circling you. The assumptions being made on this thread are beyond ridiculous. Andrew is in the past. This game is amazing. Mine has run with zero problems except for my plunger button needed to have a couple wires switched to make sure it lights up. Easily fixed. The code is very very good. The layout and placement of flippers has made this game really stand out as being unique. Sound and artwork is sooooooo special. This one is truly worth the wait. I hope everyone gets their machine. You'll be so pleased to have it. It would be a travesty if this machine didn't get mass produced.

#18347 1 year ago

I'm still trying to figure out how to get to the eggs(pop bumpers) in Derelict Ship and Queens Nest. My orbit shots go right by them and the upper right flipper to inner orbit is a bear.

#18350 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

In Derelict Ship, the green orbit should divert the ball into the pops; the blue orbit will travel around. In Queen's Nest, both orbits should always divert to the pops. If this isn't happening, check if the two posts near the top L-V lanes are working properly. (In the operator menus, Tests > Up Post Test should help.)

Thanks! Will do.

#18386 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

In Derelict Ship, the green orbit should divert the ball into the pops; the blue orbit will travel around. In Queen's Nest, both orbits should always divert to the pops. If this isn't happening, check if the two posts near the top L-V lanes are working properly. (In the operator menus, Tests > Up Post Test should help.)

Hey Ferret,
I tried the pop test in the menu. The left post goes up and stays up for a second or two. The right only goes up for a fraction of a second. I know someone that owns a new Alien and has the exact same issue and does the exact same thing in test. The orbit switches were tested and they worked fine.
I also know someone that has one of the few original Aliens that came out a while back. He says his posts work fine and don't have this problem. We all started to think this is a code issue since and It's only the newer Aliens that are having this problem.
Let me know what you think. I'm probably wrong but I'd love your opinion.

I tried playing Derelict Ship. The green orbit shot would divert into the pops the first time. After that, the green orbit would activate the pop for a fraction of a second and wouldn't divert the ball anymore.
I'll try queens nest tomorrow.

#18430 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I can confirm my production game behaves the same as yours.

Quoted from kklank:

Hey Ferret,
I tried the pop test in the menu. The left post goes up and stays up for a second or two. The right only goes up for a fraction of a second. I know someone that owns a new Alien and has the exact same issue and does the exact same thing in test. The orbit switches were tested and they worked fine.
I also know someone that has one of the few original Aliens that came out a while back. He says his posts work fine and don't have this problem. We all started to think this is a code issue since and It's only the newer Aliens that are having this problem.

Let me know what you think. I'm probably wrong but I'd love your opinion.
I tried playing Derelict Ship. The green orbit shot would divert into the pops the first time. After that, the green orbit would activate the pop for a fraction of a second and wouldn't divert the ball anymore.
I'll try queens nest tomorrow.

Hey Ferret,
That makes three of us with the most recent games are having issues with posts not popping up long enough and making it very difficult to complete Derelict Ship and Queens Nest. Is it possible it's the code on the most recent games?
Sure seems like it.

#18439 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

"It's a hardware problem!" <-- the immediate response of any software programmer to a bug report
Seriously, though, I'm not sure. Y'all are reporting the same behavior (left up-post is fine, right up-post just clicks up for a fraction of a second), including video that an owner sent me demonstrating the problem. My game is running 1.02, and keeps both up-posts raised for 2 seconds (which is what's intended) both in Tests > Up Post Test, as well as during normal game play. However, my game is also a year-old prototype, and might or might not have the same hardware for the posts as production games. I'm reaching out to the hardware and electrical guys to try to figure out what the deal is with this.
I'll give an update when I know more myself.

Awesome! Maybe its just the batch that got shipped out to the states recently. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks so much for your time.

1 week later
#18569 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

In regards to Andrew's circumstances in leaving Heighway Pinball, new information has come to light, SMALL portions of my stated facts have been corrected and I reverified the BIG balance of my facts about Heighway Pinball. As a result, I NO LONGER BELIEVE Andrew absconded with any money or misled the new buyers of HP's financial situation. Rather, all signals point to expenses growing exponentially fast and outstripping incoming funding.
Some may hold grudges about Andrew's lying, unfilled promises or about his not revealing serious liquidity issues earlier. That is water under the bridge now that we have new Heighway Pinball and there appear to be about 50 games built and released to date. People have reported numerous minor and fatal issues. Heighway Pinball's responses have ranged from success to mixed results to some Owners and issues being ignored to some fixes maybe being designed.
Having received an Alien SE from CT's batches of games 1.5 weeks ago, I will summarize my major issues, that are still unresolved. Everything you read next is factual and recreatible. Small concerns have since been adjudicated or omitted for the sake of brevity.
*** HEIGHWAY PINBALL NEEDS TO SUPPORT ALL EXISTING ALIEN AND FULL THROTTLE PINBALL MACHINE OWNERS UNTIL THEIR GAMES ARE WORKING 100%, BEFORE IT TAKES IN ANOTHER DOLLAR PERIOD!!
*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect the game to work 100%. Failures on proprietary boards, where it is nearly impossible to get a replacement during the WARRANTY PERIOD, should be considered a real and likely possibility. If parts were consistently being provided to satisfy failures, this wouldn't be as big an issue. Schematics are not available either, meaning a broken game will remain a broken game. Other parts that are likely to fail include: Xeno head, right up post, amplifier, optos and inductive switches. All of these occurred on my machine.
*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect the main toy - Xeno head - to work flawlessly. Current Xeno design allows multiple types of malfunctions. 1) tongue unable to extend past lower jaw and pick up the ball. 2) tongue stuck extended to playfield during multiball 3) ball stuck on tongue and unable to be pulled into mouth, causing motor to run forever and ball to not drop in hole and ball to become lost. 4) ball stuck on tongue inside mouth with jaw half open will result in lost ball. Awaiting a fix to be designed.
*** If you are a NEW MONEY ALIEN PINBALL MACHINE BUYER or one required to outlay additional money .... DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine feeling you are lucky and expecting to run the gauntlet without encountering problems. Why pay $8k to $10k for a toy that - you can't count on to work and can't get fixed?
*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect to route this game. Top glass needs to be removed and set aside to fix every issue. imo Alien Pinball could be operated on route, only if operator works from same location.
*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect to complete the game or to start All OUT WAR (final wizard mode) because there are current issues that can prevent it from ever happening. 1) if any of the APC optos are faulty and won't register you won't be able to lock balls or to start hypersleep multiball. 2) if inductive switch for chestbursters doesn't work, you won't be able to complete life cycle or to start Find Newt multiball. 3) can't start all out war if you encounter issue #1 or #2. This could be overcome with software adjustments, not currently planned.
Only you can decide whether to spend good money to get an Alien machine now, given the documented machine issues and spotty communication from Heighway Pinball. If you have balance of money with CT or Nitro with an option to get it back - you decide whether to request a refund or to let it ride. If you paid Heighway Pinball in full and can't get a refund and are told to pay for additional domestic shipping only, that would be an easy decision to pay the money. Stay tuned. If the situation improves, the follow up story will be forthcoming.

******DO NOT READ JEFFSPINBALLPALACE COMMENTS******* if you don't feel like it.

******JEFFSPINBALLPALACE COMMENTS ARE COMPLETELY FALSE****** or their possibly true, hard to say.

I like how you use your capital letters and asterisks. Lol.

#18591 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

FIXED it! Great job guys giving me instructions on where this thing is.
Basically its a socket on the board that once you pull the board back a bit after removing a few screws you can expose the switch that sits on top of the base socket. If that switch was defective you would just remove and replace with new one. No need to return the board. Crazy talk.
I ended up reseating the switch on the socket and then made sure it was going through the hole in the pf bc I think it wasn't getting close enough to "see" the metal ball. Screws back in and now it works.
I might keep it hard. Like that it makes you hit that standup target. Makes it feel like a more satisfying shot. Thanks guys

Hey Delt,
Nice fix! You got a photo of where this switch is?

#18594 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sure - see the yellow circle on the pic below (red arrow pointing to it too - bottom right corner of pic). Those are the socket legs. If you remove the pf screws around that spot you can pull it back a little and reach the switch itself which rests on those socket legs.

Cool thanks. Mine is working good now too. Thanks!

#18646 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Care to make a wager Mr.Hornet? Regardless if Heighway makes a lot more or only a small number, the value will rise over time because it's such a fun game. That's my call.

I'll double down on that bet with you Astropin. This machine is off the charts. I've owned a lot of machines in the last 4 years. Check my collection and history. I buy just about everything because pinball is so fun. But this one is really special. The chestburster shot is a carbon copy of the gem shot in terms of difficulty. But that's one of the things that makes this game so intriguing. The last game that was so immersive to me that I owned before actually was my Tron LE. If there was a game that was worth 10k. This is it.
I don't disagree with Greenhornet about the difficulty of this shot but I wouldn't call it a "flaw". I just played a game and finally reached Save Newt multiball and it was a lot of work but man it was fantastic!
Hell my posts aren't even working right yet but it's still amazing.

Stick in there LE owners. This game is truly worth the wait. Don't let the negative stuff get you down. Or negative people. I have played this game, NOT watched it on YouTube. I would say if it it sucked.. ........You're getting a "Gem".

#18650 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

did i make a prediction on future valuation somewhere?
what are you suggesting we bet on?
that price will rise/drop over time?
and i my only option is to take the downside?
here is one of my calls.
game woulda/coulda/shoulda been A LOT funner.
so far none of the reviewers has stepped up and praised the upper flipper play on this machine. if anything, the comments reflect the opposite. what they are raving about are the sound, code, and immersion; the first two i have always agreed with, the third wouldnt matter much to me.

Let me get this straight. Your call is the "game woulda/coulda/shoulda been A LOT funner." Are you serious?
Wow. Amazing call. You're a regular Nostradamus.

Answer this question: Have you played the Fuc!ing Game?

#18659 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Let me get this straight.
you didnt read what i wrote.
this is ONE of my calls.
and i only phrased that way in response to astropin, matching his use of 'thats my call'.
it was not THE call.
you must not be following the thread close enough if you are unaware of what THE call is.
glad you are enjoying your game.
i gather youve had it a least a month, if not more.
finally reached SNMB for the first time.
how many games did that take?

I'll answer my question when you answer me and everyone else here my question first: "Have you played this game yet??????????"
If not, than please create a new thread. I'll give it a title for you. "The Critic's Review of All games but have never played".

#18695 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Stated you'd move over to the owners thread, but then you came back. Just saying what others have said as well.

I think Delt31 is helping a lot so when everyone gets there LE's, all the kinks will have been worked out by that time. Just like the guys who buy pros from stern and get them before the guys that ordered their LE's. Right?

#18807 1 year ago

Beside the random Mother award, how do you earn an extra ball.
Also, is there any definitive answer to why the posts don't stay up for extended period during queens nest a derelict ship?
Is it code?
It's making it a hellf a lot harder to reach All Out War. That and chestburster shot that doesn't always activate when you hit the shot which is the most difficult shot to begin with.
Besides that, the machine plays so good.

#18809 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I believe he said the code will be updated to adress the CB shot. Not sure of the latest timing of the code release, or if they'll release the CB update as a hot fix while the other updates come in a package later on.

Do you have the same issue with posts when shooting orbit shots during two of the modes. I'm pretty sure Astropin said he has the problem. The posts are critical in winning/completing these two modes. Derelict ship and queens nest

#18818 1 year ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Advancing past 6x by completing the upper lanes ( above the Pop bumpers) multiple times, will light The extra ball on the Hypersleep Ramp

#18820 1 year ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Advancing past 6x by completing the upper lanes ( above the Pop bumpers) multiple times, will light The extra ball on the Hypersleep Ramp

Ahhhhh...since my posts aren't working correctly, I never get enough balls going through the upper lanes.

Quoted from Ferret:

After 12X (4+2+6) bonus multiplier is lit, the next completion of the L-V lanes will light extra ball. (An additional path to EB has been added in pending code.)

Somewhat. We've learned that some up-posts on some games need more power to stay up as intended. I don't understand the electro-mechanical cause for this, but we've tweaked the code to apply extra power to those coils when activated, which will hopefully resolve this situation for affected games.

Holy cow! That's exactly what I need!

Quoted from SunKing:

I'm getting excited to hear how excited you will be when finally, after all this, your Alien arrives!
And BTW, all this talk about the 'major design flaw' of how there is no reliable clean feed to the upper right flipper and hence, hard to complete lifecycle or get Hypersleep MB. That's BS. I just played about 10 games, and I got Lifecycle multiball twice. ...stacked it with Sentry Gun MB and a good time was had by all.

I almost never hit the chestburster shot with the lower left flipper. I hit it with the upper left flipper or kick from the pops.

#18822 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

First completion of the L-V lanes in a ball gives you 2X (that's bonus multiplier). Next completion gives you 4X. Next completion gives you 6X. I'll leave the next few as an exercise for the reader. Once you're at 12X, the next completion -- that you would think would be 14X, but we can't go that high because it's (LV) 4+2+6 -- lights Extra Ball.

IMHO hitting it from the LL flipper is hard but not as hard as it looks. Personally I never try it with a moving ball, only from a trap.

Maybe my pitch on my machine is making more difficult because I've taken off the glass and have just repeatedly tried to hit that from a trapped position and it's a bear.
How does everybody else generally hit the chestburster shot?
I'm 90% upper left flipper, 10%lower left flipper.

#18847 1 year ago

Hmmm......I feel like my comments gave Greenhornet an opportunity to start trolling again. My comment about the chestburster shot was that i typically hit that shot with the upper left flipper. I don't consider myself to be a bad player but
I'm not Lyman either.

Ferret, what pitch do you have your machine set at? I've never given a shit about this and I always set my games very steep because I feel it makes it faster and more difficult but maybe this affects the geometry?
Or maybe the the lower flippers are set a hair too high on my machine. For example, I lowered the flipper just a hair on my Star Wars and percentage of hitting the Death Star doubled! The last three NIB sterns, stern has raised their flippers a hair and it makes all the center shots super easy but the orbits are much more difficult.

One other thing, I'm not complaining about the difficulty of the chestburster shot. Personally, I love it when there is a shot that is very difficult.
I'm going to go play my buddy's alien this weekend and I'll try that shot a bunch too for comparison.

#18849 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

that 'simpleminded' reference?
i was having fun at someone elses expense.
i expected it to go right over your head, which it did.
for the rest of you:</

obvious search reveals nothing.
the virgin 10:00 of play from someone who doesn't know what they are shooting for that is shot from the side of the machine is nothing to write home about.
what I am hoping for, at least time and experience wise, is something like the 3+ hours dead flip streamed with Hilton from Alt Brew, the cumulative 2+ hours that flippin podcast has posted, or the 2+ hours provided by buffalo pinball. these were from over 6 months ago on prototype machines. they were all shot with cameras directly over the pf. the experience levels of the players in them is above average and in the case of 'flippin', he knows what he is trying to accomplish.
with only a handful of prototypes in the wild 6+ months ago, those game provided nearly 10 hours of coverage from experienced players. today, with dozens of actual production machines worldwide, we have but a couple disappointing <10:00 snippets.
of the five links joe posted [had seen them all before]:
the first shows only 8:00 of gameplay [most time spent on unboxing] if you view it they complain about setting up the upper right flipper and being able to see the flippers on the pfs dark art.
the second doesn't display anything other than the top of the back box for 7:00 on both IE and chrome browsers.
the third shows approx. 10:00 of gameplay, with no noticeable upper flipper usage/CB lane activity probably due to inexperience with the game.
the fourth is only 2:00 long
same guy took down/removed a 10:00+ one that was a brickfest.
the fifth is also quite limited in time, but the best of the lot. I had already broken it down days ago in post number 18625. nobody cared to refute any of the observations made in that video. but I gave them a window to make fun of my grammar, which apparently was more important.
joe, the links you've provided are nothing worthy. perhaps you should at least scan/view those vids to see if they provide any worthwhile content before posting them like they might be meaningful.
waiting for the SDTM update.

Have you ever played the game??
Have you ever played the game??

You still haven't answered the question.
Don't worry I can wait..................

#18854 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The shot difficulty seems a bit like the Game of Thrones center lock shot from the left flipper. Is this about right?

I don't quite compare it to that shot. That shot is a little easier imho. I still compare it to the Gem shot on Tron. You have to hit it dead nuts.

#18901 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I'm out. My shooter lane wireform busted and I can't launch a ball through the reduced clearance. I can still handfeed balls with the glass off, so will sit this challenge out.
I had a 2.4B point game last night when game was stuck in infinite mode and I eventually quit. An infinite game occurs when overlapping rules and timer setting coincide and you literally cannot stop the game. Drain balls and it keeps launching more. Makes you feel like a stud while playing, but it shouldn't count. No I didn't get footage.
I still don't see how people are able to trigger the Chestburster lane switch (lane beside the right ramp) from the lower left flipper. I make it 1 out of 100 tries and usually by fluke. Have about 30% - 40% success from upper left flipper though, and that is good enough. Only need to hit that shot 1 time per game to complete lifecycle or 3 times per game to start Save Newt multiball.

I completely agree with you on the Chestburster shot. Are you posts working properly where they stay up long enough on orbit shots during certain modes? Mine aren't so it makes it really difficult to pick complete life cycles because you don't get the occasional kick from the pops into the chestburster shot. It's easier for me to hit the cb shot when the ball is not trapped on the lower left flipper but even then it's a super tough shot.

#18907 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

So, this post isn’t to piss anyone off, but I’m sure it will. Anyways, just got news today that some customs papers got lost or not filled out in time so my game won’t be arriving this thurs/Friday. As they haven’t even received it yet and it’s still at port *** the struggle is real!!!! I cannot wait, I think I’m gonna be driving 13 hours to go pick it up Friday if they end up getting it off the docks on wed/thurs. apdjjsosjfoalak! Must play Alien!

That's awesome. Go pick that sucker up. It's worth it.

#18921 1 year ago

The invite is extended to any member of this forum that is awaiting a game. I’d love to have you guys by. All these Pinball peeps in Richmond have no love for this game. Calling it clunky and w.e. I have a party posted for it to show off the game and out of a bunch of people only like 3 said yes lol. Anyways, having people over that are aliens fans and getting to help alleviate the pain of waiting years and just have a kick ass time is something I’d love to do. My wife don’t play really, so bring it! In regards to the pinstadium kit. It is gonna be a few weeks. I guess he is out of stock.

I also ordered the pinstadiumlights for my Alien. Looking forward to trying it out.

1 week later
#19081 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I was problem free until tonight. lmk if anyone has seen this:
My game ocassionally boots up and I'm given a UNIX type screen that mentions kernel and goes no where so I just reboot and it's fine. Tonight this happened but when I reboot, the lights for the slings and very bottom right corner went on right away and were white. Usually cold boot, no lights work until the software kicks in. I thought odd, so I turned off, unplugged the main power and replugged and booted up. Now everything works fine except for those lights - they don't work at all.
Any thoughts or anyone see this? I will obviously see if one light went bad and it taking the rest but thought I would ask here.

I've had similiar problems and I was just turn it off and back on and than it would be fine. Once it happened and I switched it on and off and still did not work. I walked away for a day, powered it up and was fine.

The game is very finicky. I still have the problem where I'm playing and I'm usually having a decent game (something over 125 million) and than the flippers and buttons have zero power, so my game is basically over. It's frustrating but I just deal with it. It's also typical when it's been on for a while. I still love it though.

#19110 1 year ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Im sure its in this thread, I just don't want to read through 19000 posts. lol Anyway, can anyone tell me what was replaced to taken off/added from the earlier games? And any word on updating code from where it is now? Thanks Mike

Ask Ferret. Or he'll pop up an answer at times. He's great.

#19138 1 year ago

Finally reached All Out War tonight! Everything went white and flashing like crazy. Don't remember much video though.
I kind of liked the two mini wizard modes better. I didn't last long in AOW because everything stayed so it seem like there was any point to go further, another words it kind of just felt like a victory lap.

Hey Ferret, is there going to be any more programming/video for the final wizard mode? Just curious

Machine is spectacular even with some minor flaws. Heighway and all a part of it should be really proud of this design.
This type of immersion is the future of pinball and a whole another level compared to what Stern has been pumping out.
Now I can add some beacons and do some powder coating to spice this machine up a little!

#19146 1 year ago

On my machine the facehuggers are very flexible, doesn't appear to be stiff in any regard. I would doubt that my tails would break off. I feel much more sure I will break a plastic before a facehugger. Either way, right now I just want Helmut to contact CT to discuss my machine and perhaps we can Skype or w.e.

Joe from Laserrific has contacted me a while back about making plastic protectors. I just have to take them off and scan them to him, he'll then mass produce. Coming soon.

#19211 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

chicago.craigslist.org link
Who needs an Alien?! (Not mine)
although at that price mine is for sale too...

That's not me.

#19215 1 year ago
Quoted from Shane75:

So I just got mine today and it’s doing this can some one help me? It is completely not playable. The airlock screen is on all three of my screens and it should only be on one.

I know this is probably a silly question but did you power down the machine and turn back on again?
Is there a ball stuck in one of the vents somewhere stuck on a switch maybe?

#19311 1 year ago

I hope you dudes get your LEs. It's only right. Game is off the hook.

4 months later
#21080 1 year ago

So I was just about to put my machine up for sale because I finally reached All Out War and I come to the Alien Thread and everyone is pissed off. Did something bad happen with Heighway with the new owners?

#21085 1 year ago

Seriously? What the heck? I went back about 8 pages in this thread and I don't see anything about that. Did the new owners tank?

#21090 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You were going to sell the game because you reached All Out War? Do you normally sell games as soon as you get the wizard mode? (This is a real question, I'm not being snarky.)

Lol! I do. I played the hell out of that game. Loved it! It was the only game I played for quite awhile.
Is that weird? Does anybody do this?
I don't keep machines for years like some collectors. Not my style.

#21095 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Lol! I do. I played the hell out of that game. Loved it! It was the only game I played for quite awhile.
Is that weird? Does anybody do this?
I don't keep machines for years like some collectors. Not my style.

I'm actually trying to be more like you are with your games. I seem to be that way with the older Williams games that are based solely on a high score. But some of the newer games that are mode based are more like an adventure and I don't really play for score. I play to complete it. The code on this game is one of the best I've played. Great ride. I wish All Out War was a little more explosive but still was cool. Overall, fantastic game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
$ 399.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside