pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kidchrisso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

5 months later
1 week later
#6769 7 years ago

I could never get a call back from cointaker...went direct.

#6771 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

It is incredibly difficult to get ahold of her. Im doing the same tomorrow.

Andrew called me direct, answered my questions about the options.... Seemed flawless.

#6784 7 years ago
Quoted from dougram69:

At this rate, the first game will be finished in 2122 when the Nostromo actually lands on LV-426. Ha.

This isn't being made by JJP jokester.....

#6790 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yet with every passing month, they get closer and closer to being in the same territory time wise. Alien is already well over a year late (was supposed to be ready by April 2015).

Been following for a while, just jumped in 2 weeks ago... feels new to me. I could care less how long it takes...just get it right the first time.

#6815 7 years ago

They should design a clip or track so you can display the backglass art in front of the 27" screen if you want....

#6816 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Then why did you feel the need to make your stupid comparison to JJP?

Just to piss u off

1 month later
#7163 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Here is an update for you.
Alien pre-production builds still going well. One game fully wired underneath and the other half a day behind.

That's the wrong side could you please retake the pic?

2 weeks later
#7355 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

PRIORITY ONE:
INSURE RETURN OF ORGANISM
FOR ANALYSIS.
ALL OTHER CONSIDERATIONS SECONDARY.
CREW EXPENDABLE.

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=aHjRQJZsUGg

"You were always an asshole, Gorman!"

#7382 7 years ago

oh man...black nickle would look soooo goood!

#7405 7 years ago

Andrew,

Do you send these replacements with the game by chance?

Thanks

#7410 7 years ago

Come on Andrew...let's see some video! I'm beyond ready!

4 weeks later
#8052 7 years ago

Check this pic!

imagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg

#8058 7 years ago

What is going on with that price? I sure hope us early birds get the same deal...

#8137 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Keep in mind that toy is near the back of the playfield...when you're playing, you're not going to have the "cinematic view" that you see in the video. From the players point of view, it's going to look fine...you won't even see the front of the "tongue" as the ball will be in front of it.

No offence RH but the details matter, especially on a main focal point. Sure would look better.

#8164 7 years ago

The air lock looks so cheesy and clunky, why would they put that there??? Reminds me of BTDK..ugh! Why not just make the Alien head larger and more interactive?

#8645 7 years ago

Honestly, I would like to see Gloss black powdercoat with some platinum flake in it for the hardware.

Does anyone know if you choose the smaller screen for the back box will the back glass still fit in it? I really like the idea of being able to display the back glass, otherwise what's the point of making it?

If you have the 27" screen, you are never going to take that down and have the back glass in it. I would rather have a discount off the machine instead.

Just my $.02

1 month later
#9316 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi Andrew,
Please can you pm or email me regarding my refund?
Sent you a few mails on this, also tried to call the factory but the number is u/s.
Cheers, Kris

Your not the only one having issues on getting a refund....it's ridiculous.

1 month later
#10226 7 years ago

The beacons look dumb, they should have made miniature ones and put them under the glass...

Game goes black, flasher on Alien head and beacons spinning in game.

2 weeks later
#10701 7 years ago

Seriously doubt that there is special artwork on the LE's, it would have been approved by Fox a long time ago and revealed last year......what a train wreck of a thread.

2 months later
#13058 6 years ago

Ramp lighting looks pointless....otherwise I dig it with out the back box monitor, nice job on the art

1 week later
#13429 6 years ago

so you decided against the ramp lighting...

#13430 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Posting on here seems to be the only way to even get a response from Heighway. After posting this morning, now all of us waiting on refunds got this canned email within the last hour:
--------------------
Hi xxxxx,
I sincerely apologise for any delays in our response to your refund request. Our standard refund policy is to refund your payment within 30 days. As we are moving towards full production this process maybe delayed up to 60 days. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause but we will endeavour to resolve your refund as soon as we can.
Thank you once again for your time and your interest in our games.
--------------------
I don't honestly believe it for one bit, it's just yet another "wait, there's more".

so you decided against the ramp lighting....

#13458 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Yes sorry, not USD.

Seems like you didn't do you homework and just jumped in head first a couple weeks ago...it took me about 45 days to get my refund from my initial email to Heighway...your gonna be waiting

11 months later
#20901 6 years ago

Shit show, good job to the big $$$ investors..... K called it!

#20911 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Broken link/was the post taken down?

Must join Pinball Enthusiasts on FB

#20913 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

A credible pinball manufacturer really needs to pick this game up, do a little rework for longevity, and sell the crap out of them.

Spooky

#20980 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

the question is what would it take to do it, what are those costs and when all is said and done and is there enough upside to do it . . .
1) replace electronics, not like any existing company would want to use a different control system then then use and have to maintain it, make the boards, etc. so what does it take to re-engineer and port it over to that companies platform.
2) Code -- this also likely needs to be ported to a different system, what is the time/cost of doing that? Can the original developers do it, or would that require getting them up to speed on the new platform vs re-doing it with one of your own developers. How much re-work to assets is needed, etc.
3) Cabinet -- hard to see anyone keeping the current cabinet design, so what is involved in re-engineering the game for a different cabinet, power supply, etc.
4) its a wide body game (and not sure if it is even standard wide body dimensions) -- so, can this playfield size go down the existing assembly line.
5) Are new vendors going to be needed for the game specific parts, meaning if current vendors are owed money are they going to be willing to be involved. Tooling costs?
6) Are the current unique mechs reliable, or do they also need to be re-engineered, etc.
7) you need to renew the license with fox, and given the issues with this, they may certainly want more money this time and a larger guarantee. They may also decide they just don't want to do it.
8 What do you do with those who paid for machines and never got them, you have no real requirement to make things right but does that leave a cloud handing over this.
So you have all of those costs, all of these downsides, so how much are you now willing to spend to acquire the 'assets'? What are they really worth given how much needs to be done? Probably not enough for this to make this make sense. Not saying it is impossible, but, there are some pretty big hurdles to overcome and very little upside vs doing your own title.

so....Oktoberfest or Alien? ....I know which one may sell better

200233-alien-big-chap-005 (resized).jpg200233-alien-big-chap-005 (resized).jpg

#21597 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Hilton, I don't know you, and I don't know your history or have any bias towards you. But with that said, regardless of the quotes that may have been "cherry picked", it is my opinion you and Andrew knew EXACTLY what you were doing when you made such a big deal about having the 1st machine on location and constantly bragging about what a great machine it is (or was). I don't know the deal you guys worked, but it was obvious he needed the pre-order money to get games out of his factory, and he needed to generate some hype to make that happen. You generated the hype he needed, knowing full well what you were doing and why, and several people jumped in with deposits when it was represented these were going into full production. I doubt you knew the extent to which Andrew had already run things into the ground, but none the less, you were a lot of the reason some folks put their hard money down. Yes, they are responsible for their own actions, and everyone should know at this point in time about plunking down a bunch of money on an un seen game. I myself put down the minimum and got a return from my credit card very shortly thereafter when it became obvious the games were not actually going into full production as claimed. Maybe you did not tell people to put those deposits down, but you still acted as a shill to help drive needed revenue for Heighway pinball, intentional or not. (EDIT: This is not a personal attack on Hilton, but more an observation regarding the motivation for some orders that were placed. It seems to me Hilton is trying to distance himself from the product and he wants folks to believe he was actually the "good guy" here, trying to warn people not to be foolish with their money. While it is true he did not hold a gun to anyone's head to get them to write a check......he sure made one heck of a sales pitch.)

BOOM!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kidchrisso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=kidchrisso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.