• 24,887 posts
  • 990 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by EalaDubhSidhe
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,874 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7F4123F8-8391-4ECE-AF11-E962ADD02580 (resized).jpeg
C653BBEA-0D6A-4AB8-B747-8AB03D8AB9A9 (resized).jpeg
A15EC5AF-B8AF-4747-B4C0-E2FF4E306E55 (resized).jpeg
DSCN6913 (resized).JPG
DSCN6918 (resized).JPG
DSCN6921 (resized).JPG
518EA3E1-9B40-4D09-9AF3-D08B83ACA387 (resized).jpeg
EC6E7BFE-1F99-4FAB-9410-B8F27C37F14C (resized).jpeg
DSCN6926 (resized).JPG
DSCN6925 (resized).JPG
IMG_4911 (resized).jpg
IMG_4910 (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
36C12A21-ACB7-4C77-AA6E-93870258191D (resized).jpeg
12078675-4704659829489674 (resized).jpg
9A1AD931-4F86-4CAC-A73C-8318A968E54C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwo825.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#755 4 years ago

This is looking real impressive. Glad Heighway pinball has the process of developing and producing machines figured out. Good luck on this one and all future titles

6 months later
#2067 3 years ago

I think Heighway has the most interesting title of the pins in the works from boutiques right now. Can't wait to see some pictures or progress video. I've gone through the thread and either I haven't had enough coffee, my eyes are going bad, or there isn't a definite timeframe on when the next update is coming. Anyone remember the latest and care to share?

1 month later
#2426 3 years ago

I definitely like the second pic of the Translite better. Both look better in the high resolution images than in that fuzzy cabinet shot. IMO, the cab needs something else to set it off. It's just too much black currently. I know the license probably doesn't allow for it, but it would be cool to drop a mug of Ripley and the Queen in the 2 negative areas of the translite.

#2428 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I bet that looks WAY better "in person" with the side panel lit.

I'm confused, now. I thought the light up windows were out. I'll have to review this thread. Between this and TBL threads, I,m losing track of what's what.

#2653 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I think Stern might release a Sharknado pinball next. LOL. I'll stick with Alien. As everyone was stating earlier, I think this game will have some insane shots and speed.

I'd buy a Sharknado pin!

2 months later
#3377 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Another update for everyone.
We have had no less than 27 submissions approved by FOX within the last 24 hours - including the playfield art.
This represents a huge step forwards for the game.
It *may* be possible to show you playfield art next week. We are pushing hard for this.
I will update you as soon as we have more news.

Congrats to you, Andrew. Can't wait to see the announcement that this thing is starting production.

Aurich, can't wait to see what you've cooked up.

#3401 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Not to sound ominous, but iv'e always wondered about the succession plan of these pinball companies...hopefully a woman takes over one someday so I can get "my little pony" MLPLE

I think you'd have better luck of a Brony takes the helm. They're probably just as, if not more so, passionate about MLP.

#3431 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Does that make you feel like you could have pushed the envelope a little bit more? Not that you didn't, its just one of those things that would be going through my mind, that is if I had held back a little in fear of them being to strict. I always hate it when someone jumps on an item I have for sale or in this case fails to push back at all, it makes me think I left something on the table.

I'll just about guarantee that even if Aurich was given 100% free reign, after release, he would see several things he'd change if he could do it again. An artist is always his/her own worst critic. Frank Frazetta's son did an interview an interview once and he talked about Frank going back and repainting some of his old paintings, sometimes several times and years after they were used for what they were first commissioned for.

#3458 3 years ago

I'm guessing the license probably didn't include the Ripley underwear scene. ☹

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol, so true. I'm rarely "done" with anything, I just reach the point where I have to let it go. If you give me months I will tinker with it for months. My wife tells me no one will ever notice the shit I'm doing, but I do, and it makes me happy to muck about getting the details right.

I know exactly how you feel and I just do it as a hobby, I don't get paid for it or have to put my stuff out for public critique.

#3469 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Kaneda is going to re enact that on his Alien podcast. Along with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles underoos

I only thumbed you down because of the mental picture.

#3698 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Last one for the night, The Chestburster. Only one of these, and it's connected with a controlled drop target. There might be a magnet involved.
Chestburster_(resized).jpg
That's it for tonight, but I'm enjoying putting little explanations together with closeups, maybe I'll do some more when I wake up, along with the playfield if people are digging it.

Looking great so far. Are the inserts from stock images or did you draw them yourself. If you did them, I am a fan of your line art style!

#3781 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's the full playfield. I was going to talk about some more details first, but since the flyer is out that seems silly. I can still do that more later if people want.
full-playfield_(resized).jpg

I think the composition looks great. I think the inserts look great. I really like the color palate as well. I think you've done a great job with the playfield. Tons better than the stuff Stern is cranking out.

The few things I dislike. The blood spatters on the playfield in what looks like the inner loop and the chest burster insert. I think since it will have RGB lighting, you should just make the insert flash red for the effect. I also don't like the flame trails on the ships. It looks like a totally different style and I think it clashes with the rest. I like the graffiti and patches, but they look a little out of place just floating around in space. Maybe they would like better on plastics? I'll reserve judgement on that for when the whole package is revealed.

Overall, I think you did a great job.

#3832 3 years ago

I think the two patches would look great on the apron and maybe removed from the playfield. I like them, they just look out of place out in space.

#3878 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Then you're *really* going to hate it when all the inserts are flashing RGB colours! Space is almost entirely devoid of light and everything. Everything we see is lightyears away. So, would you prefer a black playfield with nothing on it except for some specks of white? Of course not. Do the patches (and the nostromo, for me) jump out? Yes, and during gameplay, you want that, especially for a new player. Being able to easily identify things is great. Also, during play, you're pretty much entirely going to phase out the artwork with RGB lighting and a screen, so I'm not too concerned about it. It will look darker printed and in person than it will in these pictures.

Being that they're not inserts, and not informative to play, they aren't going to be significant to the game during play. I have no problems with the parches being on the playfield. I think all the other elements relate and are well integrated. These look to me as if they were dropped onto the playfield by another artist after Aurich was finished. That's just my opinion. I still think the whole thing looks great and I believe it will look better still when we see it fully populated. They just look out of place to me.

#3883 3 years ago

Oh, just saw another thing I really like. The arrow inserts have the fading trails (or tails) that look like hazard stripes. Nice touch!

#4000 3 years ago

I would agree with people saying JJP>Aurich>Stern. Not a bad first showing for Aurich!

#4170 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Blade runner after Alien.. Bigger than Huge.

I sure hope the playfield doesn't suck.

#4178 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not how I would have done it given a choice, it's a pretty tough thing to see a bare playfield and imagine how it's going to work. (I should know, it's how I had to design it!)
But the natives are restless, people needed to see something. So while it's not ideal, I think it was the wise move.
I think my layout will make a lot more sense in context. But if people want to grumble in the meantime that's fine. I saw in another thread that someone called it "falien", and that wasn't my favorite moment of all of this, but what are you going to do?
Meanwhile I had a great time talking with Nate last night, and everyone seems to have enjoyed it, so thanks for the kind words.

Now that's funny. Let that roll off your shoulder, Falien will be a favorite story of yours in coming years, I'm sure. I'm sure you already know the story, but read this, it's pretty relevant to this situation, even the commentary near the end.

https://100swallows.wordpress.com/2008/12/19/michelangelo-takes-criticism/

I know that url looks shady, but trust me, it's a good read. Lol

#4241 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

I generally like the playfield art however I would have preferred the centre to depict the insides of the spaceships/hadleys hope instead of planets. I also couldnt see any weapons from aliens, the pulse rifle is a sci fi weapon icon.
I also think Ellen ripley should be on there somewhere, as well as the respective crew of nostromo/sulaco. When I watch these films I care about the humans not the xenophobe.
Love the bottom third, love the icon work, planets not so much. I actually like the comic alien.
I hope Aurich wasn't scared to put humans on the playfield so to avoid the photoshop actors comments.
With the plastics etc it should look pretty good.

I wholeheartedly agree with hoping Ripley's represented in a major way somehow. How can this be based on Alien and Aliens and not include the protagonist?!

#4272 3 years ago

I understand the situation with licensing and actors. I get why the decisions made have been made. Here's the deal, though. I'm not a preorderer, never will be, but this is the first theme in several years that i'm considering. It was introduced and is being advertised as a game based on Alien and Aliens. If you guy's can't represent the major characters from the movies in a big way, then you've effectively just used the license to dupe people into buying a generic space thriller theme pin.

Some people might be cool with that and I say more power to them, but I am not. It's the same reason I hate the new transformers movies. Whole different story and none of the characters are the correct types of vehicles. They pretty much just used the Transformer's tag to get asses in seats.

Anyway, my post is not a knock on Aurich's art, the playfield layout, or the choices Heighway has made with the restrictions of the license. I'm just saying that i'd be interested in an Alien/Aliens pin that strongly represents the cast, not the Franchise tag.

#4490 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Angling to get your face in the new Aliens game, eh Ted?

Ted Ripley does have a nice ring to it.

7 months later
#7064 2 years ago

I haven't actually posted anything on pinside in over 3 months. Every time I log in it's just an off-topic bitchfest on every single thread. Can the Mods just boot everyone from this thread except Heighway and their reps so next time there is a new post we know it'll be news?

1 week later
#7183 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Before and after please

I think he's referring to the crosshairs inserts being perpendicular with the target faces instead of the playfield edges. I believe that was the case with the original reveal.

1 week later
#7279 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If Lebowski preorders got a rug, maybe Aliens preorders can hope for a little something tucked into the coin box as well ...

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nah, just the egg!

A facehugger in the coinbox? That sounds dirty!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middleborough, MA
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
14,000 (Firm)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwo825.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside