• 25,279 posts
  • 994 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by epotech
  • Topic is favorited by 267 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,940 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FCCDE483-40C2-4F24-AAA7-A6517EA3629A (resized).jpeg
ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket_Holder.pdf (PDF preview)
A198514D-C4F8-4D3F-AAD3-086CA79078DD (resized).jpeg
0010815E-01BF-4290-B829-B88D78049DD9 (resized).jpeg
25B2F10F-593F-445E-8A34-FB5C0669AA37 (resized).jpeg
7E096DA3-4C5D-4D0B-95D6-2ABDC7F547A8 (resized).jpeg
Unbenanntöö (resized).JPG
DSCN6990 (resized).JPG
Beispiel (resized).jpg
DSCN6998 (resized).JPG
DSCN6997 (resized).JPG
EDDFE508-1F24-478D-98B0-54950DA2BC25 (resized).jpeg
10C8C808-6D12-4F2D-8D21-4D70C74870E4 (resized).jpeg
D3F4019C-DBA9-436A-B560-6D6A4E537E7E (resized).jpeg
E4C1728B-C453-413E-A123-FC3E34308220 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jean-luc-picard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

If the art is illustrated and inspired by Giger. Will be amazing. If it is just a bunch of screenshots from the film. It will be cool but less amazing.

#11 4 years ago

Oh cool Jared asked my question from his thread. Sweet. Granted I am disappointed it wont have hand drawn artwork inspired by H. R. Giger. I do understand it could also be risky to replicate. Granted, the photo references from the films can still be equally impressive. Cant wait to see it, hope it is epic.

11 months later
#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Good luck Aurich. Bet you're nervous as heck. You're probably going to have a lot of Stern employees criticize your work with their fake accounts.

STERN will just be terrified to finally realize that designers..... really DONT use Bevel & Emboss on EVERYTHING.

That said, Aurich... I hope you make Stern fill their adult dippers I cant wait to see it, I am sure it will be great!

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Busy at Expo but if you have questions post them here and I'll try and get you answers.

Cant wait to see a detailed photo of the BG.

2 months later
#3062 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I think that concept is a little dangerous in the way that it reduces a pinball machine to a playfield. Screen in the playfield so finally who does really care about cabinet or backglass artwork?
People Will only buy playfield.

Pinball is getting popular. People and places dont have space. modular system, like P2K. Happened too early and it killed them. TODAY... We want and demand modular systems and swap-able playfields.

3 weeks later
#3869 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's the full playfield. I was going to talk about some more details first, but since the flyer is out that seems silly. I can still do that more later if people want.

Reminds me of Stern Star Trek with the grid, space background and icons floating on top. Which is not a very good thing. When I think of Alien... I think of alien interiors, flesh, industrial metal. Not "just space and galaxies" or retro stars. Especially not "outer glow layer effects" on planets and graffiti. Would have been nice to see something more alien and organic. Or something with weight, like the ships interior infested by Alien.

#3879 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

ST art sucked IMO. This does not! The only thing it has in common is space

It is a dark version of ST playfield.

#3930 3 years ago

Question: The Alien at the top, it is semi-transparent with stars overlapping. To me, it sorta looks like it is being beamed up via a transporter. What exactly is going on with that. Or is it supposed to be a mirage in some kind of planetary aurora borealis or outlining some kind of alien constellation? The confusion I have is the entire playfield feels like a collage. So, it is difficult to define where things start or end...

#3951 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

This may be a weird question, and I have no artistic background at all, but what is with the squares on the playfield? Is it something to do with the movies?

It was an attempt to make it look like a HUD. Kinda like battle ship... But now, the more I look at it, it just looks like the grid guide layer was left on.

BS_PROLOGUE_VFX_09_(resized).jpg

#3957 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Does anyone know what the image at the top of the playfield is and how it fits in with the blood splatter around the pop bumper holes?

It is imagery of the interior walls of the xenomorphic hive. However, it is zoomed in on the playfield so it is hard to identify.

xenomorphic_hive_(resized).jpg

#3960 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I think the grid look is taken directly from the computer Starcharts of the Nostromo. Nice touch if you ask me

In that case, the grid on the playfield should have some CRT distortion/vibration and not just 1 pixel lines.

#4379 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I absolutely promise you no one is going to mistake this for anything other than an Alien pin. There will be nothing generic about it.

WTF-IS-IT_(resized).png

"Aurich" ---- Why did you use.... Photoshops........ Default Layer Style.....Outer Glow.....Why?

#4397 3 years ago

Funny, apparently a mod blocked me from this thread. But I can still access it if I google it.. lol

EDIT: Correction, "drained"

#4399 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Sounds like it's been drained, not blocked.

Correct not blocked, drained. I guess if you don't say nice things you just get drained now.

EDIT: I was able to "un-drain" it... I am back!! But, I will try to behave this time...

#4471 3 years ago

ahh what a good cartoon that was..

1 month later
#4918 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's still all prototype, but man, the potential is really starting to get realized in person, instead of just in our heads.

So the pin is in the "potential" stage? I find it a bit disturbing that the pin is just "starting" to show the capacity to become or develop into something...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Los Altos, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Göteborg, VäSTRA GöTALANDS LäN
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middleborough, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jean-luc-picard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside