DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassanchop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#669 9 years ago

uau

11 months later
#4101 8 years ago

I like the pf art. Great job!
-
The pf has a lot of stuff on it, so a lot of the areas have art that are not gonna be seen. That and the tons of inserts makes it very hard to do art for this pf. The way the artist solved this "problem" was very clever: using small pieces of art from the movie to compose small areas that are seen. Rather than making a huge drawing connecting a big piece of the pf. This connection will be made with art - screw - insert - art - insert - ramp - etc etc. This composition will make it all blend together beautifully.
In the end with all the stuff on top of the pf it will look very very good. Can't wait to see it.

1 month later
#4770 8 years ago

That pf looks really cool

#4813 8 years ago

I think or read somewhere that they didn't get the rights to use Ripley.

1 week later
#4950 8 years ago

I'm still shocked with the beauty of that LE model..
7221-23127_(resized).jpg7221-23127_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#5051 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also guys, I should note that I'm going to cut back on my Pinside time. The childish drama is just something I don't need.

Do you really give a shit about some dude's overreaction?
If so... "they" win!

Anyway, the art on Alien is gorgeous. Can't wait to see that video you'r talking about.
Something tells me that when the machine is finished everyone will want it.

3 weeks later
#5292 8 years ago

do it!!

#5318 8 years ago

Any day is a great day for an update on Alien.

And the best day will be when the update is: "Hello, I'm at your doorstep with the package. Please open the door."

#5330 8 years ago

I like it. the games from zenpinball are not much creative but still they are nice to play. Allways the same layout with crap on top.
I wish you could nudge normaly without getting a warning lol

Anyway... I bet hp's alien pin will blow our minds when we see it in action. Finger drumming on that

#5343 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Aliens IS a virtual pinball machine. Virtually nothing has been shown.

ahahahahahahah

#5385 8 years ago

If an alien update doesnt come out in the next 10 mins i will not buy an alien pin anymore!!!

.. Just kidding..

#5395 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Or am I just dreaming?

No you are not.
It will call the attention of many Alien fans that are not pin fans, but know and like the Zen pinball tables. Many of these "virtual players" will enter the real pin world. You hear stories of it every time, guys that found out about the real pinball world through vp, zen or tpa.

#5451 8 years ago

Getting ready for alien day
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5465 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wait.... So you're saying that I'll have to go to work today???

That's why my phone kept ringing. It was my boss telling me it was not a holliday. Guess I will have to go to work... I'm such a moron!!

#5529 7 years ago

Played the demo of zen's Alien pinball.
It's ok. The usual boring layouts full of blind shots and design flaws.

But the music makes all the difference. I hope HP's Alien has the original music.

#5581 7 years ago

Thanks for the update.

#5611 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Someone needs to photoshop the xenomorph in place of that shark.

lol_(resized).jpglol_(resized).jpg

I'm THE photoshop god!

#5650 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Amazing all of the licenced Alien(s) tat that is out there and approval for one video takes so long.

That is a good question.
How the hell does a licensor takes so long to approve something like this.

In advertising (my line of work), sometimes the projects have to pass through multiple layers inside a company to get approved. And even if it is a multinational company, where the project has to pass through the big guys somewhere in another country, we find that 2 weeks is a lot of time for it. So I wonder why something as insignificant to a licensor as a pinball machine can take so long..

#5662 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Imagine a stack of 1000 licensing issues "Fox licensing" is dealing with regarding the Alien property. Where do you think the pinball machine issue is in that stack?

The guys have a department just for those issues. Even if the department is full you still have the janitor! so I see no excuse

#5674 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Could you guys stop talking about fox and video licensing and please get back on-topic? It's get annoying already!

hahahahahahaha

E se só para chatear eu começar a escrever em Português contigo?
Só para encher o tópico com ainda mais lixo

#5687 7 years ago

Announcing a pin way before it's complete can be a good strategy for companies that don't have the motor running like Stern.
You catch many costumers that will be willing to wait a little more before buying another pin elsewhere.

I give you my example: I can only afford one expensive pin. After the announcement of Alien I will not buy any $$ pin because I want to see if I want a Alien or not, because I love the theme. I'm just waiting to see how it is when completed to decide. If it's good I will buy it, and in the meantime I will not buy any new Stern.
If Alien wasn't announced, I would have probably bought another one and couldn't get Alien on its release..

#5701 7 years ago

Damn bastards at Fox...

#5873 7 years ago

lol

Clip art sucks. And those icons that you see there are not clip art. They are cool icons, very well designed

As for the rest of the art, I think it will work amazingly when the pf is full of ramps and stuff.
For a theme like this you need a deep dark art, just like it was done.

1 week later
#6332 7 years ago

That upper flipper and top left ramp placement are very well designed.
That shot is gonna feel awesome. Good good good!

1 month later
#6681 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

"the same in Portuguese!"

(calling all grammar police)

1 week later
#6703 7 years ago

I wouldn't put prometheus on the pin. But if they had Alien 3 in there that would not be a problem.

2 weeks later
#6806 7 years ago

No one has a close idea what it takes to build a pin.

I made one pin from scratch and it was for visual pinball: Scarface - Balls and Power. So it was 100 times easier than a real pin, but it took me one year to complete. Yes, one year and I didn't have licensers to approve the progress; mechanical tests to do; waiting times on distributor parts; tax crap to deal with; hiring and firing people; etc etc etc....
I spent one year doing art tests, design tests, rule tests and working with the coder to put all the stuff together. So if this virtual pin took a year to complete, I imagine 3 years is nothing for a real pin.

Before I had no idea of what it takes to make a pin, but now I do...
-> Hope this info helps on the comparisons with all the new companies regarding time-lines.

#6859 7 years ago

Can someone please wipe out my drool..

4 weeks later
#7125 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Spending my Sunday working on Alien plastics and streaming Summer Jam X top 16 Street Fighter.

Is that a pc keyboard and mouse connected to an imac?
The design hipster gurus are very disappointed with you..

#7174 7 years ago

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 10.50.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-08-25 at 10.50.29 AM (resized).png

#7228 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I didn't read the entire thread, do they have rights to all the audio clips from the movie? I'm hoping at the end of my last ball I hear "Game over man, Game over!"

The rights of the actors also need to be purchased along with the license. So if an actor is too expensive it will probably not "show" in the game. That's why you don't hear Keanu Reeves's voice in BSD lol

3 weeks later
#7575 7 years ago

Can't wait to see the game!!
Last week I was in Manchester and the only thing I was thinking was: "I'm getting in the car and drive to Heighway Pinball to see Alien"
But then as I am very poor I didn't go.

#7685 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

have interests in us failing

You will not fail!
Simply because you have the right attitude with your project. You and your team are an example for all the pin companies that are starting.

1 week later
#7859 7 years ago

Wow!!! Thanks for the pics. The game looks amazing!

#7905 7 years ago

The more I look at the pictures the more I get excited!

1 week later
#8534 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here is a pretty cool Alien video that shows the light show: » YouTube video
Also, separately, what is the "lifecycle" thing in Alien. Is it a mode, or a separate objective?

Thank you for the video!!

At some point of the game you see on the lcd a blueprint of the playfild showing you where you have to shoot. That has never been seen before! Great idea! Love it

#8678 7 years ago

Looks like heighway is investing in advertising. That's good
Was watching the surfing tour and a pin ad comes on it

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 10.07.26 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-20 at 10.07.26 AM (resized).png

1 week later
#9009 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

How about a deeper cabinet, and 3 playfields....

That's actually a good idea.
But as many others it will probably be impossible to be more than an idea.

3 months later
#10974 7 years ago

Congrats!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassanchop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.