DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hansj66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20788 6 years ago

Like oyvindmo says, we have paid in full (GBP 5394). Six days ago (in an attempt to escalate / or at least elicit some form of response from the company), I sent the following email to Roger Svanevik (who owns 50% of Umbrella Corporation AS (a norwegian company), which in turn has a 25% stake in Heighway Pinball). The same email was sent to Morgan Potter and Mats Daniel Janson (One of the board members in Heighway. The other board members are: Cato Paus Skrede, Alexander Thomas Spohr and Johan Patrik Tenn).

Alexander Spohr seems to have jumped ship in march 2018 and is now CEO of a german pinball company (https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexanderspohr/)

This email was sent six days ago, and none has bothered to reply yet. This email should have rattled someone's chain and prompted some sort of response. It didn't. From a business point of view, there is absolutely NO excuse for not responding to an email like this, unless the company is dead.

The contents of my email was the following:

"Hi !

We preordered an Alien on 12/09/2016 (order ID: 2014322) and paid the invoice in full ( GBP 5394).

On the 24. Of July 2017, we requested a shipping date. You replied with the following:

“We will be in touch soon to let you know the delivery timeframe of your
machine. I can say that you are towards the front of the queue and will
be among the first to receive your Alien Pinball SE”

In october 2017 we again requested an estimated ship date.
Roger Svanevik then called Øyvind Møll and hinted that it was possible to ship the game by the end of the year.
In november 2017, you sent out a newsletter, stating the following:

"We promise to be in direct contact with all of our pre-order customers
with good news and bad and, as soon as we have the planned production
week for your machine, we will tell you. We hope to have delivered the
machines to all of you by late Q1 2018,"

This deadline has now passed. You have not been in touch with us, nor have you shipped a machine to us.

In January 2018 we contacted Morgan Potter, requesting a status update for the third time.
Again, you were unable to provide us with a production or shipping date for a machine we have paid for.

On the 13. of April 2018, I once again requested a delivery date via Facebook. You replied:

"It seems you sent an email today. It has been received but unfortunately there was no time to answer it yet. Sales should come back to you soon with an answer."

On the 17. of April, I requested an update via Facebook. This was ignored. We still haven't received any response from sales.

When you bought out the original owner of Heighway, you also assumed responsibility of delivering on outstanding orders. You are obviously producing and shipping games. Subsidizing production of games delivered to new customers with capital obtained from early sales is slightly reminiscent of a Ponzi scheme. I question the legality of this.

If you do not respond to this email and provide us with an imminent shipping date, I will make this timeline public by the end of the week.

This means it will be published on our website, on pinside.com, as a post on your facebook page and as a comment on all future post you make on facebook. This as a warning to all existing and future customers.

We are running a professional business and we expect you to do the same.

Regards
Hans J. Grimstad
Pop Bumper AS
Norway"

#20979 6 years ago

Posts and comments have started "disappearing" on Heighway's facebook page (including two of mine). Someone is obviously active over there. It's almost funny if this is an attempt at doing damage control.

#21158 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Pinball brothers is the company name stamped on the boards in the game....

The same people who established Pinball Brothers were also directors of Heighway Pinball ? Is it just me, or is this business arrangement slightly suspect ? Sitting on both sides of the table, they would have been in a position to move funds from HP to PB by ordering components from themselves.

I guess it's only reasonable to believe that representatives of PB will appear at the meeting of creditors on may 4...

#21188 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I am pretty sure these guys put in enough money into heighway to keep the lights on for a bit while transfering / selling assets etc and now you will see "Heighway 2.0" be reborn.
What we saw prior to this was Heighway 1.0 and Heighway 1.5

I find it hard to believe that the transfer of assets is legal, given that the directors has privileged insight into the financial situation of the company. Even if HW has no remaining assets, the board of directors are personally liable for the decisions made.

(https://united-kingdom.taylorwessing.com/synapse/duties_personal_liabilities.html)

If they get away with this without any legal repercussions, I wish them the best of luck attempting to establish any form of online presence for Pinball Brothers.

#21191 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Are they liable when they don't live in the UK?

Not being a legal expert, I have no idea, but it would be a bit strange if it was possible to establish a company in the UK and being able to circumvent the law, simply by being a foreign resident ?

#21199 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I do not think they transferred assets now... I think they did it before... Im sure the way the "new" investors structured this deal last time is they buy assets.... and hold them and own all ip. In exchange they gave heighway money to operate.
Well heighway burned thru that money and the group of investors probably own all ip. Nothing really illegal here as they likely sold to keep doors open and got a license back for usage.

Even if it the transfer of assets was made early on, they kept on making promises to customers regarding production and shipment of games. Promises they knew they most likely wouldn't be able to keep.

If it they haven't committed a crime, there is absolutely no question about their behaviour being highly unethical during these last months.

We know their names and there is no way, that I will ever buy anything ever from a company that these "investors" choose to involve themselvse with in the future. I wish Pinball Brothers the best of luck in their future ventures. They sure are going to need it.

#21310 5 years ago

The hate is here. It’s just not evenly distributed.

I see a lot of anger directed towards Andrew in this thread, but what about the four guys who have been in control since Andrew’s departure ?

These four directors at Heighway Pinball also represents 89,01% of the Pinball Brothers’s shares. Both companies are controlled by the same four directors. These are:

Cato Paus Skrede (Norway)
Mats Daniel Janson (Sweden)
Alexander Thomas Spohr (Germany)
Johan Patrik Tenn (Sweden)

The current majority owner in Heighway is “Umbrella Corporation AS”, which is owned by Cato Paus Skrede and Roger Svanevik (Norway).

That means that they had full control of both companies. These are the people responsible for transferring assets from Heighway Pinball to their own company, Pinball Brothers - before voting to liquidate Heighway Pinball.

These are the same people who knowingly misled their customers with promises of production and shipping dates, while at the same time transferring the remaining value from the soon to be bankrupt Heighway Pinball to their new (and debt free) Pinball Brothers company.

This highly unethical. If it also is illegal, the directors can be held personally liable for the company’s actions.

The distribution of shares in Pinball Brothers Limited is as follows:

Roger Svanevik and Cato Paus Skrede (Through the Norwegian company “Umbrella Corporation AS): 47.77%
Mats Daniel Janson and Johan Patrik Tenn (Through the Swedish company White Walker AB): 25.04%
Alexander Spohr: 16.2%
Jutta Spohr: 1.58%
Stefan Riedler: 4.22%
Philip Young: 0.53%
Angus Bailey: 4.66%

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10822960/officers
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08087382/officers

#21312 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

you mentioned "transferring the remaining value from the soon to be bankrupt Heighway Pinball to their new (and debt free) Pinball Brothers company"
To make a statement like this I take it you have actual proof?

Pure conjecture on my part. I'll immediately withdraw that statement and humbly apologize if it turns out that there is anything of value left at the creditor meeting on may 4.

#21320 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

And such things are illegal in most countries but the timeframe can change, in some it's like only 6 months or 1 year.
So if they immediately moved assets last year and kept HWP alive until the period had passed, it's possible they are safe now.

If this is the case, they may be legally safe regarding asset transfers between the companies. However,...

The existing and new customers patiently expected shipments from Heighway Pinball. Representatives of the company kept stalling for time and soliciting money for a 9-10 month period after the takeover. If the directors had knowledge that indicated that Heighway Pinball would not be able to deliver on the promises made, this is misleading - at best.

#21365 5 years ago

Status update:

Like I posted earlier, we have paid in full for an Alien SE back in 2016.

We actually recevied a call from Roger Svanevik today. Basically to tell us that we where fucked and that our money was lost.

But,... it turns out that the CT container was for real. When the CT-deal fell through, these machines were sold elsewhere.

It also turns out that Umbrella Corporation has Alien LEs for sale. Free-Play.se also has Alien LEs for sale (Both these distributors are owned by people who are owners / have representation in the board of directors at both Heighway Pinball and Pinball Brothers.)

Roger Svanevik then offered to sell us an Alien Pinball. This time an LE.

This is the same guy who assured us that Heighway would ship our game by the end of 2017.

Charming.

#21371 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

c'mon man, April fools day was 26 days ago.

Not joking. The same guys keep on popping up as owners, directors and distributors.

#21377 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Wait. Did he want you to pay the current LE price? or did he want you to ad the difference of what you paid towards your SE to upgrade to an LE? It doesn't matter either way, im just curious if he was telling you "hey we lost your 6500 you sent us, but send us $7500 more and we will send you an LE"

He basically said that he couldn't give us a machine for free as a form of compensation, but that we might be able to strike a deal if we were interested in a machine.
He was fishing for an offer in the ballpark full LE price.

#21381 5 years ago
Quoted from Robert__:

Olaa you dont need to rub it in on those
that never will see either the pin or money.

Pinball pictures are never wrong

#21389 5 years ago
Quoted from Tim_may:

So did Heighway sell them to the Umbrella Corporation?
This is pretty fucked up.
I can't see how any of this is legal.

I have no information regarding the transactions that have been made between Heighway Pinball/Pinball Brothers / distributors. Wish I had.

#21403 5 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

That would be a great point to bring up on May 4th. Because if they did sell a containers worth of games to themselves then there ought to be a ton of money in Heighways bank account. Which should be used to pay back the people that didn't get their games.

I will not be surprised if we were to discover that Pinball Brothers is the largest creditor of Heighway Pinball. Unless the liquidation company is willing to view claims from a group of customers as one claim.

#21660 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

They are the ones that got into bed with Andrew and they had to be either blind or stupid to not see many of the giant issues ahead of them. They also agreed to take over the company and get the games made. If they did not do a thorough enough review of things before moving forward with the purchase it is 100% their own fault. They also have a batch of games made that they seem to be using to fund their new company by selling to new buyers rather then fulfilling their obligation (which they knowingly took on) to the people that had already paid for their games. Andrew is a snake and the new management followed right in line behind him with lies and complete lack of communication and support.

I'm looking forward to when Pinball Brothers' financial statement 2017 becomes available (late may / early june ?). If Heighway Pinball was their only client, the loss / income statement should be quite telling regarding the flow of cash / assets between these two companies.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10822960/filing-history

#21804 5 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Does anyone know what happened at the insolvency meeting? Next steps for LE pre-order people?
I realize any $$ is unlikely and hope is last to die but will still try.

oyvindmo posted an update in the "Rebirth of Heighway Pinball" thread.

Quoted from oyvindmo:

The meeting was pretty uneventful. There were two main points on the agenda: first to affirm that the company should be wound up voluntarily, and second to appoint a liquidator. The investor group was present, and a few of the larger creditors had submitted proxy votes, and Mark Bowen of MB Insolvency (http://mb-i.co.uk/) was unanimously elected.
One note: Registered creditors have received or will receive a detailed creditors' report, so anyone with a stake in this issue should contact MB with a proof of claim, at the very least to stay informed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hansj66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=hansj66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.