zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gprotein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#586 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Couldn't agree more!
Heighway Pinball is the up and comer that I am really impressed with, and Alien is the title that has me super excited!

In that case, I think it's time to........

change your avatar.

6 years later
#28689 2 years ago

Hello Alien fans and fellow pin collectors, I would like to introduce myself into this small but amazingly supportive club.

As a few of you maybe aware that I just bought an OG Alien pin locally (luck out with perfect timing) in beautiful condition. I picked it up last weekend, but have been reading this thread and messaged a few of y'all about mods, parts and files a few days ago. All of them have responded back in less than a day! Extremely helpful from everyone even though some had already moved on from this pin.

Prior to buying my Alien pin, I already knew this thread is full of passionate fans and collectors. I have to admit that is one of the main reasons I decided to take a chance with the original HW Alien even in light of PB remakes. Given the infamous history and reputation of this game, I had doubts but a good feeling that I won't be feeling alone to struggle with issues and finding parts.

So far, my dealings have proved I was right about this group. The help and support I received exceeded all my expectations. Special thanks to Averell, Chipscott, Vimtoman and last but not least Mk6pin whom I'm waiting something truly special in the mail from (sorry if I forget anyone).

To anyone who is on the fence about the Heighway Alien, dive in and you will be backed by a great group. I am so glad I took the plunge. The immersion and theme integration are truly fantastic! Best sound and videos for any pin bar none.

#28690 2 years ago

Thanks to Averell, first thing first:

179A32EA-939C-4214-9E4E-4AB7E5870CEE (resized).jpeg179A32EA-939C-4214-9E4E-4AB7E5870CEE (resized).jpeg69EDAAD6-14E3-4083-916B-BAD879E7A35C (resized).jpeg69EDAAD6-14E3-4083-916B-BAD879E7A35C (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#28855 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I don't own either versions and know many have contributed to the OG Alien success, but Averell is a true resource to you guys and gals. JS.

Yep, Averell is a true asset to this title and our pinball community. We salute you!

#28872 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

A genuine original can be identified by the nameplate.
And there have to be LE backglass, LE sidepanels, rotating beacons and a shaker.
Any other combination is not correct.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Should we start a registry of serial # from owners on here and start recording how many units (SE and LE) were produced? I know it will never be complete but it’s a start and gauge how many SE vs LE on pinside

1 week later
#28973 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Agree with you guys, thankful to have an original!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful unit you have there bud, did you add LED light strip to the backboard? The space jockey looks so bright and clear!

1 week later
#29004 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Oke I will upload the L+R side tommorow . The L side is wider on purpose you will see when you print. And they are long. So you can wrap the stick all around the bezel and then screw back in so the edges never will come loose . You can line her up with her lip almost at the screw . Always a perfect fit!
Now we don’t have to miss ripley! Only thing we need to alter 1.4 to 1.5 soft with more ripley sounds and scènes and a little bit more shaker and we have a complete game!

Wow impressive! Great job, now someone over here in states print them for me please please?lol

2 weeks later
#29048 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

And we are still awaiting 1.5

keeping my fingers crossed for that happens 1 day

#29055 2 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

Meanwell 450 12v...................
amazon.com link »
E-Bay GREAT PRICE!................... Hurry last one
ebay.com link: itm

Is that for US voltage? Pretty sure it’s but won’t hurt to confirm

#29060 2 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

Yes, 12 volt US
The E-bay price is free shipping, the Amazon one is free with prime.

Bought it and on its way

1 month later
#29132 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

On a side note......I've got the electronics w mock on my bench to enable the PF screen to matrix video (show a different image than the backbox), allowing end user to upload 5-7 second clips of whatever video they'd like ... auto-triggered at the beginning of each mode. I'm making it w a very nice, interactive, 3 hypersleep chamber toy (servo for lid, 3 stage lighting, etc.). Wanted to add a second, real toy to this gem, and confident this will do it.
A nice, small footprint, tidy package (CPU and matrix), and chamber turning out pretty badass....lmk if any interest, as I might run a small batch for the community...

Damn it Mark, count me too

1 week later
#29151 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125883

New high sale record? Not an LE. MK6PIN he has our beautiful limited run apron also

1 month later
#29198 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Most of my posts probably have gone over a hundred times. So for those getting annoyed it's not my intention to annoy you.
Going to install MK6PINs tubing formula for cooling. Yesterday during the tournament things started acting weird. Turned it off for a few hours all was well. The air coming out of the coin door was way hot. Been toying with the idea of adding a fan on the back to suck out heat. I will install the tubing first and see if that remedies the issue.
Just ordered Vimtoman's Tracker Mod.
Everyone who played the pin was in AWW of it and couldn't believe the depth and theme.
Now if I could just snag a cool apron lol
[quoted image]

Quoted from dgpinball:

I have been out of the loop for several months, just now spent about 2 hours catching up on this thread, really like the side art, tried to use the above link to download the files, but looks like something has expired, any chance I could get them now?
My Alien has been sitting for over 3 years, but I have now moved it into my basement and am going to start working on it, it might be one of the more unusual ones out there, definitely an early import, was demo-ed at the NW Show in 2016 or 17 when it was still really a prototype, then went from there to Dave Thiel's house where he used it to complete his work,(up until then he had never had a machine to actually see what he was making sound for!!) It then came back to the distibutor who upgraded a lot of things, and then finally to me, but due to circumstances I've never had it set up
Anyway, I now hope to be able to get it up and running, I've accumulated several aftermarket parts and mods for it, and now time to get it playing!

Welcome to this thread and this neat little community fellas. I feel this thread is heading to positive and productive direction from here onward finally which is wonderful. The negativity and bickering ppl have since gone, and we have the true fans left to appreciate and help each others on this great game (still underrated IMO).

#29199 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You'll drop 20d F and convection is indeed your friend breaking a pretty intense air wall.
On my " to do" list for negative pressure manifold/ fan, but this has worked so well I really haven't been that inspired....
Can't help w the apron, as they're long gone....think there was 1 of the 25 being sold awhile back by someone who never installed it...admittedly not a beginner plug and play mod, but was carefully done and works perfectly for it's intention. Sealed light boxes w weapon indicator, Lior sculpted medallion, true Xenon flashers on the backboard...freakin back zinc plated.
Thought it was expensive back then ( donated a nice chunk to Pinside)...actually lost about $50 each when all was said and done....something like that would probably go for twice that today....way too much time that I don't have to ever make another batch...
Gotta get my new toy finished someday...

Hehe I got your very last unit of that masterpiece apron, truly a work of art and collaboration of several well respected pinball mod creators. Looks way way better than the one coming out for the PB version.

1 week later
#29220 2 years ago
Quoted from chucky87:

A complete blade lighting kit will soon be available. For those who would be interested contact me by PM
2 blades
1 backboard
1 inverter
1 connector for three element.
[quoted image]

I must have missed it but can post more pictures of what they look like when lit?

2 months later
#29282 1 year ago

I’m interested as well depending on the cost shipped.

1 month later
#29373 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Anyway....I promise I'm getting motivation to get the interactive hypersleep chamber/ PF screen matrix off my bench and into my game. Life has been interesting for me last several months, but this is the last remaining feature I really wanted in the game.....too badass to let it go....mark

Hell yeah, I have been wondering when will your super secretive, bad-ass mod be ready. Anticipation is killing me...

1 week later
#29381 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was thinking about selling my Heighway and going with LV but very concerning what Im reading over there.

You were what?

#29394 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Yessir it does! Dare to dream.. that reincarnated version does not get me as excited as the O.G. version! You guys have done such an amazing job keeping this beast alive and should be proud of your efforts! The mods have been insanely awesome as well.

One day the right machine will be yours. Cheering for you bud...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 months later
#29544 1 year ago

New record for sale price? Hey @mk6pin, it has your fabulous apron on it...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/145552

#29550 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You're leaving?!?!?

Nah not mine, and Im staying as long as you are the cult, I mean club leader and Averell is the head of Advisory

#29551 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

You can ask for this ammount , but what you get is an other story. You can also offer a BBB for 40 K . You will still need the dumbass who will buy it for this ammount.
Nice LE should be between 10 and 15 K ....
A standart was sold some weeks ago in France for 8K.

True to some degrees, but European market is different than the other part of the world like here in the US. Your market generally is may I say “softer” than us

#29553 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

ERMAGAWWWD! I will never be able to afford my dream pin! It is a beauty. No powder coat or beacons.. But c'mon maaaan! $25k

Import from Europe maybe the way to go as it seems like they are way less over there than the states side

6 months later
#29632 10 months ago

Pretty darn cool! Hopefully this means you are staying in da club

2 weeks later
#29649 9 months ago
Quoted from enzare45:

Thank you Averell for your quick response I will send the 2 I/O cards to Flipperwerk.
I'm still loyal to this Alien pinball machine that I've had for 5 years, Alien LE number 336# still a passion.
Thanks also to the community for being there and sharing our passion.

Stay in our club buddy, Averell is here to rescue another club member yet again!

1 month later
#29696 8 months ago
Quoted from Averell:

These are my thoughts about some known issues and how to fix them...
[quoted image]

You are the big reason I’m keeping my game for this long besides the love I have for it. Well done brother

3 months later
#29724 5 months ago

OG HW Alien still wins, regardless new artwork/toys whatnot. However, many here including myself would love to have the new code with Ripley included one day

#29727 5 months ago

“Pending licensor approval”

#29739 5 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There are some minor tweaks - for example a new switch which triggers a magnet to catch the ball momentarily and allow the upper left ramp shot to be at least plausible. Overall the geometry is the same

The PB version of the game is substantially different from the original Heighway games. If the original Heighway design worked, they would have stayed with it. It absolutely WOULD cost them a lot to reopen that code, and for what? Heighway owners already have a game. PB makes no new sales from it.
It might be a good idea for them to offer a paid upgrade - maybe if they offer the code for say, $800, it might be possible. But then people would complain about that.

If the new code is good, I’m okay with $800 personally.

#29764 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I want the new pb one simply because of gods and accessories but to me heighway machine still looks better !

Dude, trust me on this: don't buy any of theirs, and just wait a couple months. If your FOMO still hasn't worn off by then, you can easily find a HUO PB whatever version you desire (with mods) at a discounted price near you. On the other hand, it won't be easy to find a HW OG like yours in the same condition with mods and extra spare parts, especially if your OG is running good and playing great.

2 weeks later
#29816 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Virtual lock is completely fine for me on this ( and several other) of my pins. I've had a legit motorized, led lit, dual chamber on my bench for months ( ties to different clips on the PF screen mod)...I will find 26 hour days at some point, and get this finished, in my game, and offer a few for sale ( Hwy machines only). A legit toy, imho, and matrixing the screen is simply badass!!

1. Gprotein

1 week later
#29847 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I am committed to completing this mod, and offering a small, single run ( prob around 25 or so) for those that want one. Will put my true avatar back up soon, and get serious w this thing!!!
To have a quality second, interactive toy that belongs ( besides the xeno), and matrixed video that interacts with gameplay on the PF screen will truly " complete" the game for me. Was playing it last week and still flinch when some scenes hit on the 27" monitor....such a missed opportunity. It has earned it's place ( the game, not the company) as a true classic.

Ok ok, please stop teasing us already. I keep looking up this thread and hoping to see some pictures or videos for months

#29848 4 months ago

MK6PIN’s new Alien mod sign up list:
1. Gprotein
2. dergroover
3. Chrishoyle99
4. Bemmett
5. Enzare45
6. Wvpinball
7. Wdbthree

Guys, just copy and paste the above list and add your name and number in line! Let’s motivate and push Mark to finish his mod. I have a strong feeling it’s gonna be great

#29854 4 months ago

1. Gprotein
2. dergroover
3. Chrishoyle99
4. Bemmett
5. Enzare45
6. Wvpinball
7. Wdbthree
8. Nethawk86
9. Fossmin
10. Ulmpharmd
11. Fuko

MK6PIN almost 1/2 way to 25 already. Anyone else better jump in and put your name down soon

#29858 4 months ago
Quoted from gold1:

Where is my name?

Just copy/paste, and add your name to the list like others did. Doesn’t need to be in order

#29864 4 months ago

1. Gprotein
2. dergroover
3. Chrishoyle99
4. Bemmett
5. Enzare45
6. Wvpinball
7. Wdbthree
8. Nethawk86
9. Fossmin
10. Ulmpharmd
11. Fuko
12. gold1
13. Jayhawker1

1 week later
#29901 4 months ago

1. Gprotein
2. dergroover
3. Chrishoyle99
4. Bemmett
5. Enzare45
6. Wvpinball
7. Wdbthree
8. Nethawk86
9. Fossmin
10. Ulmpharmd
11. Fuko
12. gold1
13. Jayhawker1
14. the_one
15. MR-808
16. waywinn
17. TomDK
18. TomDK
19. Averell
20. Roadshow
21. wizzard
22. Pingo
23. Chucky
24. Wizard
25. May

There you have it @mk6pin. Well guys, we did it! Not sure who else pm Mark but didn’t put his name down but we have all 25 spots locked in.

#29903 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Inspiring to see this (wait, where's my name !? ). Yea, I've got several in the PM's that will get one if they are interested once unveiled and we start the adventure. Pretty safe to say I won't need to gauge if interest is there. OG owners, as well as the game itself (not the company), truly define what the hobby is all about, imho. Grateful to be a part of the community, and support a truly amazing game that by all accounts was left for dead. Good things ahead!!!

You can keep the prototype, I heard it means big money in pinball world

3 months later
#30012 13 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello everyone,
we will start a small batch of new improved I/O-Boards next week and I like to pronounce that I'm working on a new release of the beloved rulesheet for our ALIEN.
The new release 1.4 will include some more technical information about Schematics, Wiring Diagrams and Circuit Theory and there will be some more sections regarding Troubleshooting, Nice to have and Tools.
You will find detailed information about how to use a coin controller, activate a hardware knocker, change misaligned Buttons and install a Shaker Motor.
There will also be a section about the ALIEN Tester, which was only produced in a very small number.

Count me in

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gprotein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=gprotein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.