pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gabegabegabe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23304 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

@all: Our plan is to have one fitting set here before starting all sets. The first set will be send to a specific person to mount the full set in his machine. If he gives the okay, we start making all ordered sets.

I am in for a set!

This is wishful thinking, but i would love it if someone could update the artwork on the bottom (meaning the one the ball rolls on) ramp plastics and make it so that the parts where the floor is worn through are moved to near the bottom so that there is a little more visibility to see the ball roll under them, especially right below the upper left flipper.

6 months later
#24227 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many people would be in for a full petg plastic set?

In for a set!

3 months later
#24946 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

And here's the first pair in the final version.

Bummed that i missed out on these, will you be running another batch?

3 weeks later
#25248 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

New information regarding shipment of the speaker panels.
All parcels have reached the united staates on saturday at 13:27 PM.
So, today they will be delivered to the local distribution centers.

#9 showed up today!

1 week later
#25330 4 years ago

For Averell's panel installation, what is everyone using as a light blocker for the inside of the speaker cutouts? All I have is black duct tape, does anybody have any better options?

Gabe

5 months later
#26144 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

+ 1 just in case someone thinking about doing a run of these.

I would be in for a set!

1 month later
#26433 4 years ago

With all this time at home, I finally had a chance to deal with some of the issues my game is having. But after replacing the USB cables, and swapping out an IO board, I am still having issues with a few lamps in the upper playfield that do not light. And the middle pop bumper doesn't fire most of the time.

The lights do not work in lamp test, but the pop bumper coil does fire in coil test.

The image attached shows lamp test.
Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gabe

IMG_20200328_181714 (resized).jpgIMG_20200328_181714 (resized).jpg
#26447 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Edit:
Found the post with the lamp matrix, it's under the technical subsection:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Heighway_Pinball_Repair

Thank you very much for this, I forgot to look on pinwiki!

I can try swapping out LEDs, but I don't think that is my issue. I booted the game up this morning and went into lamp mode, and all the lights are working in test. But when I play a game, they work sometimes, they show the wrong color sometimes, and frequently don't work at all. The lamps that are usually having issues are 1-B8 through 1-B20.

And also, the middle pop bumper usually doesn't work during a game, but works in test. Which kills Queen's Nest, one of my favorite modes.

In this picture, the stand up targets at the scoop are blue when they shouldn't be.

Could the issue be the playfield board that the IO board plugs into?

IMG_20200329_092837 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_092837 (resized).jpg
#26480 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yeah man, this is probably going to be a problem of a single LED. I know it's hard to imagine and I had a hard time wrapping my head around it too. I had almost the same thing happening. What you want to do is find that first LED that's not changing colors appropriately (might be able to see during attract mode) on that chain and then change it out.
In my case (similar to yours) one of the LEDs on the left on that farthest board (that houses the Super insert) was the culprit.
Find that first LED (sounds like it may very well be 1-B8) that's not changing appropriately and change it out...bet that takes care of it!
Please keep us posted!

I replaced the LED at 1B8 and that seems to have fixed the issues I was having with the LEDs so far. @ChipScott, thank you so much for your help.

Next issue, my middle pop bumper doesn't seem to work 9 times out of 10. The switch is gapped very close, and seems fine. Anyone else have an issue like this?

#26507 4 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Then there is this issue of the shooter coil randomly firing and I have a second much worse problem:
After some minutes of play the bottom flippers dont respond for a few secs, sometimes all flippers. I can push the buttons, nothing happens. Then they come back ‘alive’ and they flip again.
Sometimes all 4, somethings only bottom 2 or just left or right bottom.

I had this problem with the upper right flipper. When I replaced the USB cables with shielded ones, the issue went away. I think this might be your problem with the flippers not responding for a few seconds.

2 weeks later
2 months later
#26945 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Do people add the beacon lights to SE models? Is that a complicated endeavor?

Instructions in the Alien Club thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable/page/4#post-4128786

Here are beacons on ebay, but not the belt driven ones. Maybe someone can post a link to those.
ebay.com link: Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral Fixed ABS 12VDC 220VAC LTE 1101

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gabegabegabe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=gabegabegabe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.