pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago

Very different. Interesting. Is a reverse-o-matic the same thing as the Jack the Monkey shot on POTC? Hopefully it's not as tight as that shot lol....that thing sucks.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

There's a lot of wasted space in a pin cab/backbox. I wouldn't mind seeing them trim the backbox down even further and find a creative way to have it collapse into the cab, so that's it's easier to transport.

If the cab was slightly longer to accomodate, could have it be not as wide as the body, but have it on locking rails and slide down into the body, kinda picturing something similar to filing cabinet rails and rollers. To do it like a boss, you'd have to figure out how to motorize it and not have the railing system be visible.

*edit* The "Heads-Up" pinball system is copyright Fraxed Pinballs Inc.. All rights reserved, (tm),(c),(r), and any other acronyms you care to add.

1 month later
#383 9 years ago

Another +1 for communication. Frankly, I'd never ever have considered buying a Heighway game just on Full Throttle...once the chain drive thing was removed, any interest I had was gone. Art and theme just didn't appeal to me on that one. But Aliens....that is a knockout theme, with a knockout designer. VERY interested to see what the art package on this game ends up looking like!

6 months later
#1053 8 years ago

lol that would be awesome if someone could get a toy to do that.

#1081 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Spinners have become more important to me, should always be at least one in a game but I would prefer alot more. Aliens spinner with the gun sound effect sound great too me.

Problem with spinners is they don't do the cool things they did "back in the day" for the most part. This isn't really new, there's been largely pointless spinners in a LOT of solid state games from System 11 on..

Star Trek and KISS have gone a *little* way to making a good spinner rip really be valuable, but it's not like it was in the EM days where a good rip could be 15%+ of your score, or go a long ways towards your max bonus, etc...

#1084 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, Stern has not coded well for spinners recently for sure. In Family Guy the spinner was huge, other than that I can't think of any where they were hugely coded for.

Well... I saw 1.5 million spinner hits on epic games I had with a friend on Tuesday on Star Trek, so the potential is there...that was WITHOUT double scoring from Warp 9/9.9 running btw. We were just rocking the crap out of that thing... we had three games all with warp 9.9 and Kobiyashi between the two of us... 340-400 million jesus christ... SMH.

Anyways..

KISS spinner increases from ARMY target bank completions and the pops increase from left inlane+right orbit to collect the increase value and make it active. Guess where the spinner is. Oh yeah...it's on the right orbit. So get those high enough, rip the spinner, go into the pop bumper nest for 50k/hit....it adds up fast on a game that we were seeing most people have 30 million points on.

1 month later
#1484 8 years ago

Totally never noticed this on the original one ( wasn't changed apparently) , but..... RETURN OF THE FLIPPER BITCH! lol

#1487 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

sorry for being lazy but there's a million posts in here. how much will this cost and when will it be shipping?

Too lazy to visit their website for a price? One has to question if you're actually serious.

Ship date hasn't been announced.

#1499 8 years ago

Rest my case..

#1502 8 years ago

/facepalm. Sometimes I just want to drain these threads...

1 year later
#8833 7 years ago

"EL blade panel recesses"

Nice.

So..I'm a PC guy, I get upgrades. Is there a plan through the future needed hardware upgrades that may come down the pipe to maintain backwards compatibility with prior titles, then? I assume it's yes, but never hurts to ask. FWIW, if I had the money and was looking at the current crop of games about to be released, my desire to spend money would be between Aliens and the Domino's pin (Yeah, I get that I'm an outlier on that one..lol..), leaning more towards Aliens becuase I tend to not keep games and I expect resale to be better. Really liking the way this is looking, excited to see how things like the ramp lighting is going to work, though for the price being asked for it as an add-on, I couldn't ever really justify.. it's hard to look at things like the Tron 'Eli' kit and figure out how double the value would be extracted from anything similar to that, and that mod was a magnificent piece of work all around, IMO.

#8915 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have tons of shit under my pins! It's great storage space.

Word. The government is going to tax that space even if I'm only putting AIR under there, might as well use it.

#9167 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I hope that Alien will give us that dynamic scoring potential.

Your two examples, IM and BSD...

Those are two of the best examples of "Risk vs. Reward" in modern pinball, IMO. 50 mil for DOD is too much given what you get compared to everything else, in MY opinion, but I can easily see how someone could disagree, and frankly, as much work as DOD takes to get, and how many dangerous shots you have to make to get to that point... it's really more of a minor disagreement for me than an OMG YOU SHOULD UPDATE TO LATER CODE IMMEDIATELY, IT'S SO UNFAIR!

THIR-TEE-MEEELION falls in the same category. It's so ridiculously hard for most people to set up, frankly almost everyone would be better off just taking the 2x stack at 20 million and going with it. I've won tournaments on 10 million point jackpots on BSD because everyone typically has a hard time with it and if you're not scoring while trying to do something, you're definitely not going to win, but if I ever had one in home use, you can BELIEVE that I'll be trying for that 3x stack.

I'd love for Alien to do something similar. They did a good job of it on Full Throttle from what I saw of Bowen's video.

#9169 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Newer code starts the countdown at 35M.

I know that. He specifically said in his post that he left it on old code because he likes the 50m old value better.

#9180 7 years ago

Heighway is lucky to have you, David. Your work on Tron's sound package was beyond good, it was ludicrous. You could barely even tell what was yours and what was original, it's an amazing piece of work, and I'm glad that I've owned the game twice. Looking forward to seeing Aliens...hopefully at TPF in the spring.

#9250 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Aliens Super Hi Tech (SHT)

S hi T ? : P

1 year later
#21820 5 years ago

What the F is a "magnetic opto"...that's a contradiction. Is this like quickstep coils?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,999 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.