DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fishbone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4644 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't want to get all Democratic, but Prometheus had the best abortion scene ever put to film.
» YouTube video

Most disgusting claw crane machine ever

2 months later
#5481 8 years ago

Happy Alien Day!
Here's the official Alien Pinball play gear:

facehugger_ski_mask_1_(resized).jpgfacehugger_ski_mask_1_(resized).jpg

3 months later
#7012 7 years ago

I'm confident his investors also know how to do a Google search if needed.
What a sad attempt of digging up some dirt.

#7015 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Also, Andrew asked for questions, and a question got asked. As the head of a company, I would assume you get asked aboot the stability of your company quite a bit.

In the official Alien Pinball thread, I would think Andrew was offering to answer questions about game development/production, not about his company's financial status. I don't believe Andrew would answer such a delicate question in a public internet forum. No sane business person would do a thing like that.

Are you already in and have made a deposit for the game?
Just ask for a refund if you're worried.

1 week later
#7186 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

No, arrow inserts were whited out on the first playfield...

I like the Chestburster bursting through the insert, nicely done! ^^

1 month later
#8475 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I don't like the head, looks too much like a zizzle and the main cab with that wide trim just doesn't do it for me.

Have you seen it in person? The pictures don't do it justice in my opinion. It's very well built and the head looks really sleek.
Only gripe I have at this point is the glass bezel (or frame?), I think it's a little thick.

#8485 7 years ago

I guess it's something to get used to.
They asked me at DPO 2015 what the first thing was I would change to the cabinet. The bezel sprang to mind, it is unusual.
Anyhow, it wouldn't keep me from buying a machine I really wanted. ^^

2 months later
#9900 7 years ago

Does anyone know why there's no artwork beneath the flippers?

#9903 7 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Because it's a nylon-filled hole that the entire flipper fits through. The reason for this is it keeps the flipper bat, mechanism and plate as one modular easy-to-remove piece. The bat doesn't slip so easily since there is no normal need to take it off; the plate is designed for compact space and dual function (the same plate fits both left and right flippers in a small space than either Williams or Stern flippers do), and to take it out for maintenace, just unscrew the plate from the embedded nuts under the playfield and the whole unit simply lifts out without needing to take it apart.

Very interesting, thanks for the explanation, I'm looking forward to seeing this assembly in person.

2 months later
#12231 7 years ago

Finally!

1 month later
#13370 6 years ago

A lifesize Alien Queen is for sale on eBay right now. 75k gets you the perfect match for your Alien pinball.
Note she's wearing high heels:

ebay.com link: QUEEN ALIEN LIFESIZE 1 1 BUST PROP STATUE ALIENS BEYOND RARE 1 OF 5 MADE IN 90 039 S

1 month later
#15388 6 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Seems real quiet from the investors. You would think they would have update on the factory & employee's. Anything going down the line, or still in limbo land until the Fall.

I believe they said they would only provide updates on Facebook and their website.

4 months later
#18449 6 years ago

I finally got the chance to play Alien at DPO last weekend.
There were two machines. The one with beacons had the volume turned up high enough so I could listen to the soundtrack. Wow. Talk about immersion, I can only imagine what it must feel like playing with headsets on.
David Thiel really delivered.

As to the machine itself, I liked it! Seems like everything worked as far as I could tell. I really like the unusual layout. Didn't really have time to look at either display while playing but feel the one in the playfield to be a good idea anyway.
I really hope HP can ramp up production soon and can hold its ground in the market.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fishbone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=fishbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.