• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epotech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The company's media/simulation guy has put together a flappable flowtest version in digital form, and the gameplay is absolutely superb. It completely hits the 'instant appeal' mark, with a single ball leaving you wanting to make every single shot.

I think that you should point out that you work for Heighway Pinball, Dave. It does have some bearing on your comments of how it plays.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I'm in. Going to look great next to Predator.

would be even better if Heighway and SkitB talked to each other and allowed an aliens Vs predator link.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from simon:

I may not be a super tekky genius type.. But as theyre using different board sets/technology would that not be a little unrealistic?
Theyre also I would imagine competitors in business terms, did Sega/DE/Stern and Bally/Williams combine on anything, out of interest?

depends on the level of interaction. If they both have web access it would be no harder than playing clash of clans on an iphone and a nokia.

1 month later
#558 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

cool pics & layout... (made directly with/in FP ?)

looks like Future Pinball. Worried about the placement of that upper flipper. looks too low down which means making the ramp with the upper portion where there is less power.

10 months later
#2718 3 years ago

Yep, was playing JM last night and had a shock when it started at 8pm. A check later and I saw that the clock was set incorrectly.

2 months later
#4251 3 years ago

Aurich is an amazing artist, I have his shadow translite so I'm not knocking what he's done but, does anyone else see HAL from 2001 when they look at the top of the playfield?
I admit to not being an alien fan so it may have huge significance but what the hell is it? Can someone please explain?

9 months later
#8663 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I did ask my platers the question, but they weren't optimisitic.
I haven't given up yet though - and will try some other suppliers.
The cost of the polished reflective chrome-type trim option may come down as well

Andrew, you can get it done as powdercoat paint. Charnwood Powdercoaters here in Loughborough do something similar. i was blown away by their chrome powdercoat.
Regards,

Phil.

#8762 2 years ago

production is not assembly (necessarily). Give them a chance to let the dust settle from Expo.

1 month later
#9610 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Invisiglass is NOT PDI...just an fyi....Andrew made the right choice......

Correct afaik it's all manufactured by Pilkington glass

1 month later
#10365 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Aprox how many FT's have been sold?

You'd have to ask who has the highest serial number...

4 weeks later
#11211 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Dave is Heighway's in-house designer who also did Full Throttle.

Well, he did the layout.

3 months later
#14485 1 year ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Owen Clipsham or Rubberducks as you may know him, is subject to a Heighway NDA, shows what kind of guy he is morally if he's PMing people telling them to get refunds. I'm paid in full and don't have a machine, I know that machines have gone out the door this week though.

I think.in fairness you need to also disclose your involvement with heighway

1 week later
#15032 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Andrew has asked me to remove my concept Alien artwork from this thread. After 24 hours, I can't edit my post to remove the image, so please, everyone....look at the image below...."you will forget you ever saw the Alien LE concept artwork"...

already downloaded for posterity )

1 week later
#15141 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

And Andrew walked away with a big handshake to start hydrofoil

Pure conjecture on your part unless you can back up this with facts.

2 months later
#16044 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

TBH I'm a bit puzzled why they went with HLD and not Pinball Heaven. But in any case the UK market is quite small, comparatively. Not a huge operators market, especially when factoring in JJP/Stern. I guess their thinking is to focus on CT in the USA.
Didn't they say they'd have 150 machines shipped by now?

I'd be surprised if any other distrib in the UK would have touched Heighway kit with a barge pole.

#16099 1 year ago

Agree with gerry but this isnt heighways start up pin. At the very least the production line should be sortedbfrom cuba libre and full throttle. These pictures remind me of the photos wane gillard published of all those troll heads. According to them they should now be building 25 games a week and they couldn't get a snap of that in progress ?

3 weeks later
#16653 1 year ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

i dont regularly come on pinside but do read this post
reading some posts on here i do wonder why coin taker put up with lie after lie from hp and dont just bin them off i see some weeks ago ct where told they had shipped but not excuse down to the weather i then see another post they would ship friday i now see a pic of the factory and they are still there its sunday here in the uk today oh another lie why cant hp be honest or just say nothing the pic only shows around 13 in the box and others i various states around the factory 21 isnt even a full container so that is not very cost affective

"We'll be making 100 per month starting August". Halfway thru September and they manage 21? Got to be pretty gullible to take anything said by them as fact.

#16660 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I like how you put that in quotes as if that's what they actually stated.

In quotes as "I" am not the "we". here's what they actually stated.

We are pleased to announce that our game Alien Pinball is now in full production. We aim to start shipping games out in numbers on August 14 and onwards.

1 week later
#16823 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

- I wonder how many got on there.

20' container (1/2 container~20 games).

2pm and not a soul on the production line?

3 weeks later
#17645 1 year ago

"insure return of organism for analysis"

err, ensure?

#17649 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Looks like they're staying true to the film

aah, makes sense. thanks.

1 week later
#18375 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

And yes, I can afford it and I am for real. I think one of the original founders of TPF, Shannon S., whom I know well, would vouch for me. (I don’t know if he is ok with me posting his full name).

The best way to make a small fortune in pinball is to start with a large one.

#18381 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Get together with those guys and lets make Forbidden Planet!!

I had enough of doing anything with anyone remotely heighway after full throttle.

5 months later
#20552 1 year ago

Not here to defend them. All I can tell you all is that I supplied them with 50 shaker motors about 2 months ago.

#20614 1 year ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Cool game with an amazing sound and cool arts! Very good shaker. The software needs to be updated in the game, otherwise its a very good game.

Nice to finally see my shakers in a oem fit.

#20636 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

What if Heighway Pinball (or it's new investors) could make contact with Stern to see if they could help in the production of the Alien pin?

Are you going to make them without getting paid first? If not, how would it be any different to Heighway fessing up for all the parts to build them themselves. Why would you finance a competitor?

#20754 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Since I no longer have to be "pin-litically correct"..

as we're not...

The new investors are the old investors. Now, if they were so blind as to let it get to the situation it did, why would you think that having them throw good money after bad was going to fix the situation?

Andrew and I sat down and discussed manufacture in 2005, so I'm probably the oldest member of HP (in some form). The ONE thing I told him was to pay your suppliers. Sure enough he failed to do that and was subsequenty taken to court (this is a matter of record and can be looked up). County Court Judgement = NO CREDIT. Thereby you can't make anything unless you sell it first.
I saw the way it was going and told him I'd not do any more work without payment for works already done. I settled out of court, part of which was I had to sign a NDA.
It has been hard watching here and how he duped the US specifically. When Aurich started on Alien, I pretty much could read between the lines as to what would occour.

To see his smug face on that hydrofoil and knowing how he'll probably do the same again really burns.

#20810 1 year ago

you need to replace that delrin one with a brass one. I bet they come from ondrives.com

#20989 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Only 73 Full Throttles produced and the prices have been in free fall. Rarity doesn't always translate to value.

Wrong
I get (got) monthly production numbers for this title.

#21002 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

OK. So what are they?

Sorry NDA.

1 week later
#21857 1 year ago

Dave, you really need to go to a police station and ask to make a statement. I know it's unpleasant and possibly frightening for you but you need and deserve support that this or any group online probably cannot give. Even if it's just to get you supported in housing and benefits.

1 week later
#22122 1 year ago

As usual your work is top notch. Anyone that can make that look good (except the cheesy stripping) is doing well. Wasn't Alien Adult enough?
Yes and Evil Dead game needs to me made commercially

2 weeks later
#22282 11 months ago
Quoted from cyber-greg:

ok thank you very much for this answer. after doing a lot of parts, they actually work properly.
more than find what model of shaker to choose to install. because I did not understand which one to choose

I supplies the Quake OEM shaker motors for the LE games.

Quake shaker to France is £75 + £12 shipping. Don't know if the cabinet is drilled for fitment, you may need 4x 8-32 T Nuts

#22284 11 months ago

No, any should work.

1 month later
#22812 9 months ago

Sounds like cpr need those to recreate a petg set

1 week later
#22917 9 months ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Shouldn't playfield plastics be made out of polycarbonate?

You can't laser cut polycarbonate, petg is nearly as good and will laser cut.

#22920 9 months ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

You can but the fumes damages the boards

You cant
You get a black charred mess
Unless you use a yag laser.

2 weeks later
#23065 8 months ago

Petg is the material. Vivak is a trade name.

2 weeks later
#23194 8 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I have all my shaker settings maxed out. I can feel it but it is very anemic, the rotation seems too slow.

Isnt there a setting for power? If you have one of the last ones with my shaker in then it would need to be maxed.

#23203 8 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I do have one of the last ones and I think I have the power maxed out. Do you know what voltage it's running at and if the power is changed by adjusting the pulse width?

Does it say Quake on it? If so it's mine. they changed from the cointaker one to mine as they are (insert your own feeling here). they tried to tame it by altering the pulse width and i was under the impression that it was a setting, mine run the proper Johnson motor at the correct revs (3800) rather than the multi products one at 4500 (or 5800) I believe both are 12V (mine certainly are).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
9,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Goteborg
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epotech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside