• 25,216 posts
  • 994 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 267 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,924 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN6993 (resized).JPG
IMG_2514 (resized).jpeg
ALIEN-Knocker Assy - Bracket 2.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket-B.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
ALIEN - Logo Kassentür - LIMITED EDITION full.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN - Fuse List.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN6994 (resized).JPG
DSCN6995 (resized).JPG
3100-A Beacon Light Series (resized).jpg
20190813_155912_zpsvfumxni0 (resized).JPG
Heighway Pinball Amplifier Settings.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN6992 (resized).JPG
DSCN6991 (resized).JPG
321a (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emkay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Does anybody besides me collect Alien toys?
aliens.jpg

Nope, they only make them for you. Sorry, couldn't resist.

1 month later
#1260 4 years ago

...is brittle and insanely expensive to work with.

Quoted from Aurich:

Find your comfort level, follow along, and do what feels right.

Or as Joseph Campbell said, "Follow your bliss." =) I definitely want one but Rob Zombie is first.

1 month later
#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's what makes them so great, they're really different movies, that pair up so well. The first is a suspense film, a horror film, and a more "cold" sci fi take.
The second is much more of an action film, where they don't try and repeat the same feeling, and let numbers feel scary instead of one creeping shape.
But they're both such great character studies. The people in them feel alive, not just fodder waiting to be carved up.
I love them both. The first has a special place in my heart for sure.

Totally agree, just wanted to add that I feel the exact same way about First Blood and Rambo 2 as well.

#2026 3 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

But, standard PC connectors.. HDMI, USB ? in some years they are aboslete .

I couldn't disagree more. We already know how many insertions USB and HDMI ports can take so why spend money developing something untested? It's not like the game is going need something different down the road and these you can buy by the 40 foot container right now for pennies.

Obsolete? In this hobby? How about this: Fifty years from now you finally wear out that HDMI jack from all those years of swapping playfields. Rather than have to track down some one-off connector, you just grab anything out of the recycling bin and desolder the jack. Why would you want something else?

It makes as much sense as if somebody said they should use something other than a molex connector because they don't want to support the Koch brothers.

1 month later
#2675 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Pinball guys aren't motorcycle guys?

AMA District 6 guy weighing in, would love to see a strong mx themed pin but probably in the minority. Can't get much traction with riders either but hey, I keep hoping.

#2679 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Pretty sure there's a motocross/dirt bike mode on Full Throttle, small part of it but it's in there

Yes, and there are other machines with themes that are close. Believe me, it's long been a dream for me to load up our clubhouse with a Banzai Run, No Fear, Centaur, Full Throttle, etc... Blackwater 100 would probably be the closest to perfect.

PMC_JRs_Girls.jpg

*sigh* Anyway, back on topic.

1 month later
#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Call it what you want...I paid for the thing already....pinside let me add it to my collection...If heighway poofs down the jpop hole, then the jokes on me...

Is it true Heighway has already taken full payment for Alien machines?

#3165 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

FTH is selling like hot cakes, 10 Pinsiders own FTH compared to 81 who own AMH

That's nothing, 6 Pinsiders already have Alien machines so you KNOW those numbers are solid!

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I am always amazed at how small the pinball community is, so I could see motorcycle racing being bigger than pinball. Now motorcycle racing enthuasists that care about pinball, that is an even smaller subset. But I don't have to like motorcycle racing to love Full Throttle.

I went to two pinball shows in the past year but go to 8-10 motorcycle races each season. Even been bugging one of the local clubs to put a FTH machine in their clubhouse, which is how I know how small that subset is. =) I'm thinking I'll start them with a Banzai Run, Blackwater 100 or No Fear and see if anyone gets hooked.

Personally, I want a FTH but have too much coin tied up in other things at the moment. I plan to buy Alien in 2017 and would love to be able to get the FTH conversion at the same time.

#3177 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Where is the ignore button these days?

Click on username, it'll be one of the options in the blue box.

#3178 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

There is a branch of math called statistics where you can study a group of numbers or a poll and come up with some valid conclusions. I don't expect you've heard of this. You're more of a guy who likes to say "there is one person at least who owns a machine and doesn't list it on Pinside so therefore the Pinside owners numbers are totally invalid." Back in the day you'd be a 'flat world' proponent.

Yeah, I slept though all those statistical process control classes when I was in manufacturing. Nice ad hominem attack though, you really gave me the business!

edit: the irony here is that I'm currently reading Bruce Schneier's 'Liars and Outliers'

3 weeks later
#4365 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

"Game over man game over!"

If there were no options for modding this line into the machine regardless of how the licensing works out, it would be pretty close to a deal breaker for me if that couldn't be the game over callout.

It's funny, following the progress on this game has made me realize how much those first two movies meant to my childhood.

Alien is still my #1 choice for 2017.

#4369 3 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Want an idea of how far a Blu Ray screenshot gets you on a 300dpi printed playfield?

Want an idea of how someone who has never worked in commercial printing or video production thinks these things work?

1 week later
#4583 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Don't put your VHS tapes on the glass!

That advice is only relevant due to the era of man jewelry we see featured.

3 weeks later
#4718 3 years ago

Love the alien popping through the insert! Can't wait to see this thing populated and lit..

btw, stickers for everyone who can't afford the LE: http://www.popstickerco.com/packs/you-bitch

1 week later
#4874 3 years ago

No way I'd want to put together a slang guide to Philly but bein' a young bul, I fux wit most of that list.

1 month later
#5301 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think coins are the more common thing in UK so I can understand them not having them at the start.

It's not a common or not issue, there hasn't been paper currency smaller than the £5 note since the 80's and never smaller than €5. I don't know why the US still prints $1 bills, even Canada doesn't go smaller than a $5 anymore.

#5304 3 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

1) $1 and $2 bills cost 5.5 cents to make; $1 coins cost 10 cents to make

And the comparative lifespan is...?

Quoted from Half_Life:

2) Americans do not want to give up the $1 bill. We like our paper money. Think of all the places where dollar bill validators would have to be replaced. Cost is too high to make that "forklift upgrade".

I hear you, but we're a decade behind on chip & pin and that 'cost is too high' argument backfired spectacularly there. All those validators need updated every time they change the other denominations, how is this different?

#5305 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Because we Americans refuse to bow to pressure from "big nickle," of course.

Hey really, I'm with the stripper's lobby on this one. I can't afford to be making it rain fivers and besides, where would I put my coins?

#5308 3 years ago

Well, now I know why they picked that date... <duck & run>

#5316 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Big Lebowski was released 1998. The 9/11 date on the check was totally random.

Must not have been funny if I have to explain it. I was suggesting certain hijackers were Big Lebowski fans.

1 month later
#5865 3 years ago

It really is a load of fun. I was content to wait for an Alien and then get a FT kit later but after playing it at Allentown, I want one of these in my life. If there were one near me to play I'd be all over it.

1 month later
#6549 3 years ago

Okay, I have to admit the Newt stuff puts a smile on my face. I like a happy ending and I'm glad she got to make a movie and then move on with life. Fame seems so very corrosive, not that I ever have to worry.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20135092,00.html

6 months later
#9648 2 years ago

Bit off topic but goes with the theme. Have any of you checked out the band Aphotic Apathy? I hear the new album is pretty much all Alien/Predator stuff but this is from an earlier album:

2 months later
#11326 2 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Fort Walton Beach is lovely and I met a lovely local girl who worked in Hooters! Good memories

Now there's an unboxing video we need to see!

1 week later
#11631 2 years ago

Is Pezpunk getting one of these?

pez (resized).jpg

#11678 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I like the "You have failed" Pinball machines used to heckle us and I ove that!

Quoted from DylanFan71:

Agree. I love when TSPP throws out the Homer quote "Stupid Failure". It made my 6 year old daughter cry awhile back but she laughs about it now.

I agree too, same with RZ.

"I'm the one wearin' the grease paint, why are you playin' like a fkn clown?" has yet to deter anyone from hitting the start button again.

#11679 2 years ago

Oh yeah, came here to say: If you don't have the spare cash for this game, don't watch the Dead Flip stream!! This game looks more stunning every time I see it. And who knew Whysnow could actually play?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middleborough, MA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Göteborg, VäSTRA GöTALANDS LäN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Los Altos, CA
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emkay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside