DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elf-six.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4265 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

There are two issues here.
We wouldn't necessarily want various actors placed all over the playfield. Because we are representing both movies, we want the playfield art to sit "neutrally" between both movies. Obviously that isn't always possible - with "APC" for example. But I personally think that Aurich has struck a very good balance between both movies here. Aurich has stated that he couldn't use Ripley at the time he was doing the playfield art - that is also true.
Secondly, we will officially announce what the situation is regarding actors/callouts/music etc... closer to the release. The reason for this is that it is an ongoing process with our licensor and therefore it is not something that we can comment on at this point.
What I can tell you is that we want what you want. Whether we get all of it or some of it is the real issue, and one that we will clarify at a later date.

Well, I like the playfield. It may be too dark, but I'm a sucker for anything with grids and space(like the opening to The Black Hole)

Anyone into Mario Bava? Planet of the Vampires is the inspiration for Alien...and would have been a lot cheaper as a license, Mr Heighway

/Nicholas

#4280 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

My only issue - what's up with the huge bezel/picture frame on Heighway machines? Just looks so odd to my eyes - kind of reminds me of old smartphone designs compared to latest gen with much reduced bezels. Feels visually klunky.

I was thinking the same...you're thinking the main cabinet bezel, above the playfield, right?

#4286 8 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Great. Not sure if others feel the same, but this is one of the small but important things that I was really hoping would make it into the game.

Yeah, if you have the iconic pulse rifle sound

4 months later
#6254 7 years ago

Okay guys, are you ready for the truth?

Everyone is sort of down on the playfield and general pinball art. I understand completely that people want Ripley, Bishop etc. on the machine, otherwise it isn't Alien(s). I have a friend that back in our LaserDisc-youth was a huge Alien-fan. When he had watched the movies to his saturation point, he switched to the novels and comics. They were in the Alien-universe, but didn't feature any of the original cast. Neither does Star Trek: TNG or DS9. So, of course it could be done.

For me Alien was always the better movie. Beautifully shot in panavision, with the ships computers booting up etc. Aliens was never this good. I know that is not comme il faut to say, like not liking Back to the Future (which I don't).

In the last video I saw the playfields in the Heighway factory. They look awesome. Which brings me to another illegal statement. Stern and Heighway have the most professional looking machines by far. People might not like the Full Throttle-theme, but the game looks stunning, and way more professional than Spooky or JJP.

/Nicholas

#6287 7 years ago

What is the price tag on this machine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elf-six.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=elf-six and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.