DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtowndobe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3770 8 years ago

Looks good...

Two things that throw me off a bit:

1) there are about 6 squares in the grid areas where the shading inside the square is very different to the surrounding square. The most obvious ones are the two squares below the bottom pop bumper. I think the shading in those squares should match the surrounding squares. When they don't, they stick out like a sore thumb to me.

2) I don't like the cartoon flames - especially the big one. Looks a little overdone/forced to me. Not sure if more realistic flames would be better or not, just feels off as it is now.

One thing that I'd like to see added:

1) In the dark areas around the playfield LCD, I think it would be great if there were more shadowed images in the background - something very subtle and hardly noticeable. Just to break-up the black. Probably wouldn't see anything during a game with all the lighting and everything else going on, but would just give that area a bit more depth when the machine is static.

Outside of that, I think the playfield is very good - should look great populated.

1 year later
#10157 7 years ago

Game looks amazing except for the size of the beacons. They look very bad. Lower profile beacon lights are a must, if they exist.

1 month later
#11963 7 years ago

Wondering if Alien will be at the Allentown Pinfest.... I'm hoping so!

Also curious as to when Andrew will announce the special deal for customer ordering an Alien pin and a FT kit. As much as I have no business spending that potential amount of coin, a good deal might make me dig real deep to find a way!

#12145 7 years ago

Kit idea is very appealing to me. I only have so much room for full-sized machines, but I have a relatively large crawl space area where I could easily fit a few kits (probably 5-6), not including keeping one under the pin. As it stands right now, I really don't have what I would consider "adequate" space for another pin, but I'm sure I could make it work.

I'm anxiously awaiting Heighway's supposed announcement for a package deal - Alien machine with FT kit... That might make me find adequate space PDQ!

#12296 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Did they mention anything about the game + kit package pricing?

I emailed Heighway directly about that very same question. No update yet on such package pricing, but the response I got leads me to believe there will eventually be something offered - they're just not sure when. Guessing they're still trying to ramp up production and deal with all the ancillary things that have surfaced over the last few months - FT owner CPU upgrade, shows, Alien changes, kit shipping package, etc.

I'm anxiously awaiting this as I think a package deal will make me jump on board...

3 weeks later
#12850 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I never find ignorance offensive.

Quoted from SadSack:

The only place I see any play for this is from guys who have expensive collections and no room for their games.

Talk about ignorance!!!

Just because you can't fathom the concept or can only look at it from one rather narrow viewpoint doesn't mean it isn't a worthwhile feature for quite a few people. Compared to many other collectors and Pinsiders, I certainly don't have an expensive collection... But the idea of having 2 or more games in less space than 2 games is very appealing. Especially since I have a nice crawl space where I could store the "kits" (5 or 6 probably) and they would be easily accessible for swapping.

It's no longer an operator dominated market. Even though operators can also benefit from Heighway's system. It's a collector / home arcade market now. Different set of needs/wants.

#12958 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that not everyone on pinside will be happy with the LE art.

I won't bet against you on that one!

Really hope there's one at Pinfest. Maybe Cointaker will hold onto one (if they have one) and bring it to the show.

1 week later
#13412 6 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Another contractual technique to light a fire under these guys is liquidated damages for missing deadlines. If the price went down $100 for every week (or month) late, I'm sure the empty promises would stop.

Any start-up or fledgling company which accepts such terms for an order is not very savvy. Always loved it when a customer would want to include a penalty clause in the contract, tied to ship/delivery date... As soon as the reciprocal bonus clause was mentioned, the penalty clause talk usually disappeared. I the last 20 years, I can recall only two customers have gotten such clauses written into contracts with the companies I have worked for... each time both contracts have included suitably reciprocal clauses. One contract was delivered early for a bonus and the other ended up being negated due to significant customer delay. Lots and lots of ways to get around penalty clauses.

One common thing all these pinball companies, perhaps except Spooky (no affiliation), suffer with is general communication. I'm chomping at the bit for Alien, but I learned my lesson regarding preorders with JJP and TH. I don't have the stomach for it. So, I'm waiting to be able to play Alien and to be able to order and have shipment happen within days.

3 years later
#27124 3 years ago

Silly question perhaps - but why has no one (who wants an Alien) purchased the NIB one at retroarcades or whatever the place is across the pond? I'd love to have an Alien someday, but just can't afford that one.

#27128 3 years ago

All makes sense - was curious. Thx

4 months later
#27942 3 years ago

Can the back box LCD monitor/system be added to an SE that doesn’t have it, and look totally “factory?”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtowndobe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=dtowndobe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.