• 25,638 posts
  • 1,005 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 minutes ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,024 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN7232 (resized).JPG
DSCN7231 (resized).JPG
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
DSCN7223 (resized).JPG
9881FBEA-9297-46D2-B5F0-24F96FFD3F86 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7207 (resized).JPG
DSCN7212 (resized).JPG
DSCN7205 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
0E70BB0C-1D39-4F15-9FA2-013A83C465C7 (resized).jpeg
69FCDEA0-024E-4114-92F2-27977D3BE07C (resized).png
Unbenannt (resized).PNG
DSCN7196 (resized).JPG
9D705069-AD84-44A6-ACEC-DA686075003F (resized).jpeg
CC14A821-3A75-41FA-8CFD-56EE58121152 (resized).jpeg
62C48A7F-D3AA-4121-9663-0367A4B3C223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djkyrtgfsrfw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7968 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Doctor Who doesn't have a traditional plunger, skill shot is from the right flipper after the ball drops, it's never bothered me at all.

Not only doesn't it have a traditional plunger, but it doesn't have a skill shot either

#7987 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

you apparently cant or wont read.

You should take your own advice.

And then maybe remove your downvote?

2016-10-12_14h21_00 (resized).jpg

#7991 3 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Hmmm..... a one day member.... Kaneda, is that you?

The answer is... 42

#8010 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

My bad. Forgivness please.
-Jeff

Apology accepted

#8295 3 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I remember her speaking in the movies. She should be in there. "Get away from her you bitch" comes to mind.

THIS. I assume the object of the game is to get to and kill the queen. How can you do what without using Ripley's callouts? It would be like being Brad Pitt's brother Doug. Looks like Brad... but... just... not... quite... there.

#8304 3 years ago

I'm surprised that there is no 'toy' on the pf of the Weyland Corp/Caterpillar P-5000 Power Loader. Looks like there's room behind the pop bumpers for someone to make an unofficial mod. Something along the lines of the TZ Robby Robot mod would look nice.

#8306 3 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I don't want to have to identify as a woman to play pinball.

Maybe this can help you with your issues

http://nonbinary.org/wiki/List_of_nonbinary_identities

#8677 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Bright green never made much sense to me anyway.

Alien (resized).jpg

#8696 3 years ago

Hey guys, I think I may have cracked it of why Sigourney Weaver may not have said Yes to being in Alien Pinball.

While reading the trivia on IMDB for the Alien vs Predator movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv), I found this:

(Underlined and CAPITALIZED emphasis by me to make my point)

While this film languished in so-called "development hell" for years, 20th-Century Fox considered producing a fifth film in the "Alien" franchise instead. James Cameron, who wrote and directed Aliens (1986), had written a script and even approached Sigourney Weaver to star and Ridley Scott to direct, both of whom expressed interest. When_the_studio_decided_to_use_the_Alien/Predator_crossover_story_instead,_Cameron,_Weaver_and_Scott_all_distanced_themselves_from_the_project,_and_later,_declared_THEY_WOULD_NEVER_WORK_ON_EITHER_FRANCHISE_AGAIN. Several years later, Ridley Scott ended up reworking his pitch into his Alien prequel Prometheus (2012).

Could this be why there's no Ripley in Alien pinball??

#8697 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

That would be fantastic if the zenomorph head is painted to look like the early released picture. In the flyer pics it appears the shiny wet shadowed look is now a dry matt finish missing the color depth gradients on the top of the head. Is it the paint detail differences I'm seeing that Fox changed?

Having just watched Alien vs Predator, even though this game is not based on that movie, if I ever owned this pin, I would mod my Alien head to resemble 'nethead'. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/trivia?item=tr2657535

Aliengrid (resized).jpg

#8713 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Did they ever bring Aliens to Earth? I don't recall that they did which is kind of odd.

AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem (2007)

oh and technically also Aliens vs Predator (2004) which was on Antarctica

#8737 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No, They never did bring an Alien Queen to earth.

I'm confused. Are you stating that AVP and AVPR are not Alien movies? They're not Alien 5 & 6 so to speak? AVP had an alien queen in Antarctica. AVPR was on Earth but didn't have an alien queen.

1 week later
#8940 2 years ago
Quoted from keithrh76:

I was wondering how hard it would be to build a cabinet for the wall to hang the playfield in, maybe even plug it in while not in use to light it up during fun time.

Are you listening HeighwayPinball? Another option to add to your options list? Build a box that the playfield plugs into and runs some 'attract/lighting code' which is mountable and displayable. Maybe even have different models with options like speakers with an on/off switch?? I'm sure you would sell a lot of these.

3 weeks later
#9378 2 years ago

1) I have downloaded Zen pinballs version of Alien/s. Lets hope heighway capture the same audio atomosphere OR BETTER as zen does.

2) And noticed ripley quotes and sigourneys likeness is in Zen. How did they get licensing and heighway not?

1 month later
#9981 2 years ago

Quoted from Shapeshifter:On GOT sunglasses are needed

You misspelled 'Welding Glasses'

Added over 3 years ago: And I misspelled 'Welding Helmet'!!

#10011 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

In case preordering the machine isn't enough for anyone, you can also preorder this for a nice topper:
http://geekologie.com/2017/01/own-your-own-3-foot-long-alien-xenomorph.php

You might wanna read the comments on that page before ordering that one... Seems a bit lame.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djkyrtgfsrfw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside