pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#838 9 years ago

I have to say that despite promising myself I wouldn't pay this much for a toy (it is) I'm really excited for this title. I'm in on the pre-order and the fact that the creator is answering threads and email has totally got me pumped. Let's hope the communication keeps up and we deep gameplay and good toys!

4 months later
#1164 8 years ago

There is a link in this thread to the live stream from pintastic. I'm in for #100 but I may see if there is an earlier number so I can get one sooner. A freaking fog machine hook up!

#1185 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Correct. I'm #23 & ordered mine this week. You are slotted by order date not LE #.

That's good to know thank you. It seemed like people went after lower numbered machines and I wasn't sure why. This is my first NIB pin so I'm still a noob with this one.

#1187 8 years ago

When did pre-orders open? I didn't get in until the end Feb.

#1192 8 years ago

From what I've gathered about the company and the interaction between the owner to the community, I'm perfectly fine with my decision.

2 weeks later
#1517 8 years ago

I love the layout so far. I'm really hoping the space jockey makes an appearance. Doesn't even need to be the douche bag one from the last movie that I'm trying to forget.

1 month later
#2073 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Come on guys, we all know the next theme should be evil dead/army of darkness.

Love this movie and would totally buy it as a theme. I've met B.C. and it's unfortunate that he's a dick in real life but I'll be watching the show.

Andrew did mention wanting to do a family theme and I would like to see Princess Bride get the treatment.

3 months later
#3479 8 years ago

I'm really excited to see some artwork for this. I'd even like to see some of what "could have been" if you had free reign but I'm guessing a bit of that will end up in the LE art package.

#3521 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I truly and honestly don't know what I would have done. By the time I did the playfield work it was pretty clear what I was able to work with, and so I just concentrated on that. There are no secret sketches of amazing things.
Honestly there's no saying that I would have done something better given all the choices in the world, I'm not excusing anything. Just trying to explain the process, because people might find it enlightening.

So for the LE backglass, do you have to go through the same approval process with Fox or is it left up to your own creative interpretation?

#3554 8 years ago

Wow, you're actually crapping on his work before you've seen it. He didn't reveal anything other than a second unnamed programmer came on the help, there was no name dropping at all. I for one am happy to get the few vague details that Aurich has provided because it is keeping interest alive in a pin that was revealed way too early. He's been nothing but respectful to both Heighway and the properties he is working with and you should not turn it into something other than that. Hope you don't still wonder why he blocked you.

#3568 8 years ago

Popped my ignore button cherry! Do I get a cake with candles?

#3586 8 years ago

I ordered straight from the site as well. Price lock option is nice in case it bumps up at all before release.

#3791 8 years ago

I like the color transitioning throughout and I'm really digging the bloody alien mouth on the left side that is coming out of the dark. It is a good base for what will be a great pin. Bring on the toys!

1 week later
#4567 8 years ago

I kinda want the cookie jar now...

1 month later
#5118 8 years ago

That's kinda awesome! Too bad you cant get your backglass early to get it signed.

#5121 8 years ago

Looks like it is the same weekend as Denver comic con so no chance of seeing them up here (sigh).

1 week later
#5256 8 years ago

I haven't seen it in the thread but has their been any mention on whether Heighway is making any kind of topper that will fit between the beacons?

1 month later
#6178 7 years ago

Anyone that believes anything that comes out of Kaneda's mouth knowing what kind of person he is makes you a bigger idiot than the man himself.

Thank you to the people who told us about your experience with the video. Please tell us whatever you can and I hope there are more people that step up and share. If Andrew goes to 2 shows next month as planned, I'm really hoping Colorado is one of them. If I get to check out the video I'll report back what I can.

#6183 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know Andrew's show schedule, but I know he can't make the Pacific Northwest show. However! If you're there make sure you make it to David Thiel's talk, because amongst other things he's going to discuss making the music for Alien, and doing some cool breakdowns on how he layers a track etc. Definitely worth seeing. I don't know if he'll be showing video of the game or not, if the seminar is being streamed I guess not, and if it's not then maybe he can.

Think I can pull him aside and bribe him to show me the video?

#6187 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

David is a luddite who doesn't own a smart phone, but he has an iPod touch, no reason why he couldn't have the video loaded on that for the curious ...

Thanks for the info man and I will make sure to catch him!

1 week later
#6421 7 years ago

Looks like the whole site is down but they announced it on their FB page.

1 week later
#6485 7 years ago

I got to see the video yesterday and I'm a bit more stoked about the pin now. There wasn't a full shot of the playfield sadly but quick flashes of different elements during game play. The egg pop bumpers and face huggers look amazing and the movie clips make this thing look so dark that it's going to do the license justice. I was on the fence about the backbox screen due to the extra cost but after seeing the movie clips and how it looks in FT, I'm not sure how I'm going to talk myself out of it. Andrew is a super nice guy and he said there are possibly some more surprises in store.

#6488 7 years ago

I got a few games in on FT and although I wouldn't personally want to own it (theme) the thing plays amazingly fast. The large screen looks awesome in that and it doesn't even have an alien trying to rip your face off! Sounds like Alien will be jam packed with toy/shots and I really want to see the led ramps in person.

2 months later
#7093 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I'm hoping to play a full production model with the kinks worked out at the Texas show this Spring.

I'm hoping to play a full production model in my basement this winter.

1 month later
#8043 7 years ago

I hope Sigourney is in the final version.

#8047 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I can't gain access to the site and pinside is as slow as shit right now. Where did u guys see the vid?

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/home/

2 months later
#9761 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did someone not get what they wanted from Santa this year!

More likely that someone got that duplicate account they've looking for.

2 weeks later
#10038 7 years ago

I like the blue option over the green but I'm hoping to see a picture of what kind of paint they are using. Hopefully it's metallic and not just a flat color.

#10208 7 years ago

There's about 40 options of yellow safety lights on amazon that you can clip the wires and harness into the machine. Problem solved.

#10239 7 years ago

The xeno head in the back looks all shiny and sexy in the back but it's sad not to see it doing something. Any chance of making do a random hiss here and there until it's ready eat balls for dinner?

#10242 7 years ago

Awesomesauce, I can't wait to play this thing!

1 week later
#10441 7 years ago

I have an LE on order and I emailed Andrew and Co. this week and was told build in Feb. and should have it by Mar. I know dates have been missed but I'm still confident I will get my pin and I will be happy with the work that has gone into it.

#10443 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm trying to organize a march for refunds...those 2 or 3 please attend.

Should we wear a hat with flippers attached to the top?

#10445 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

As long as it's fireproof. I plan on flipping some cars and burning a couch if we can find one.

Is that a pinball machine burning? Oh the humanity!

2 weeks later
#10946 7 years ago

Fuck yeah!

3 weeks later
#11761 7 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Still wondering how many have shipped? Also other pinsiders question about if I order tomorrow what is the wait time? The few that have gone out are these beta test versions or completed versions as it seems that the production of these pins is really slow given the huge pent up demand. I want to order so badly but have heard some many horror stories about failed start up/development pins.

If you've been following this thread at all you would know why they shouldn't give any timeline of when your particular pin should ship. Also, if he's got enough time to tell everyone when each pin walks out the door then he needs to get off the forum and back to work, just saying.

#11765 7 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Well what you said makes absolutely no sense. One would think given that it has been more than a 100 years since the advent of the industrial revolution that mass production of items have some type of assembly schedule. I am not asking to know when every pin walks out the door just when production is going to ramp up....just saying.

Asking when production is going to ramp up is different than how many have shipped.

3 weeks later
#12424 7 years ago

Hey Andrew, Can you show us a picture of the different colors for the legs side by side? I like to see if the colors are flat or if they have some metallic flakes in them. I'd love to get black legs with metallic green in them but that may be something that you can't offer.

#12483 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hey uh....LE artwork approved by chance? Am I the only one feels this has dragged on way too long especially with games already shipping?! It's getting to the point if LE buyers get both sets of art with the game, why can't the LEs ship with the standard art package and then the LE artwork shipped at a later date?
Yes I'm an early LE order and I want my game!

I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago. If FOX is the only hold up and if all the add on toys are ready I'd be fine with getting the art shipped at a later date.

1 week later
#12742 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Zero other than the ones from TPF i believe.

Several according the the pictures in this thread a couple weeks ago.

1 week later
#13243 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Why don't they give latest code to people who have one of the 5 that shipped? So they can Beta test and show fans new stuff. Tommy from Flippin' Podcast has been asking for code and does hour long videos on YouTube to show off the game. I say give him the latest software! Geez
» YouTube video

1 page back

We have shipped out a good quantity of games and continue to do so every week. We have a good number of customers with Alien games in 6 different countries right now.

1 week later
#13781 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Has anybody been given an indication of where they sit in the que for the LE production?

I was told I was among the first in line but I didn't ask what number.

1 week later
#14013 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Covenant 12 pm showing. On the way

I saw it last night and I give it a 6.5

#14019 6 years ago

Sadly no but also not out of 100

#14147 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Grab a bag of popcorn and see what you think. It's watchable but you sit there thinking when is this movie gonna start getting real and scary and then it just ends with a predictable twist. The whole thing was predictable and gets more ridiculous as you go.

The scene with the recorder lasted so long I'm pretty sure I know how to play one now.

1 week later
#14733 6 years ago

Since everyone is pulling theories out of their butts I'm going to say that Heighway hired a gaggle of oompa loompas to help build machines. I'm hoping the goodie bag has everlasting gobstoppers in it!

2 months later
#15746 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

So this isn't really hand drawn art? Sorry if I am missing something. Old guy here.

Lots of artists draw digitally now so mistakes are easy fixes plus there are some effects you can't get with traditional tools. It's still hand drawn but now it's on a screen. I've watched Spawn creator Todd McFarlane draw digitally and it's pretty impressive.

#15849 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The way I see it, the LE buyers sort of get the shaft here. Had you got in on an SE last year with all the LE options aside from the fiber optic lights, you would be at $7920 (assuming $300 shipping). Whereas with the LE, you would be at 8400 shipped. That's about $500 for powder coated armor, alt side art, and a number. Not much value at this point. Seems to me the LE buyers should have something added or price reduction for the expensive fiber optic drop. The day one LE buyers got in for cheaper, so that gap is a bit less.

I asked Morgan if there will be a discount if they lose the ramps and did not get a direct answer so I'm guessing not. As much as I like the art, I got the backbox screen so it is going to get hung on what little wall space I have left. Still being able to buy it for $40 online doesn't really make it as enticing as it used to be.

#15855 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That would be the print, not the limited edition translite.

Understood but it's all going to look the same if it's in a frame on my wall.

3 weeks later
#16280 6 years ago

I sent them an email on Friday asking about an update and just got a reply today that Morgan is out of the office until the 31st. After being told August for my LE, then September, and now hearing he told someone 30-60 days I've got to say even my patience is wearing thin.

#16296 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

They used all our money to set up a really high quality grow up last I heard. Anyone hear any different? I can't wait to get my LE strains.

I thought they started a hydrofoil business.

#16367 6 years ago

Time to block another troll. Heard from Morgan and he still says LE production in September. He also sent me a color swatch for the armor. I can post it later if anyone is interested.

#16373 6 years ago

He said the red is for Full Throttle. I personally was hoping that the colors would be a darker shade but I will probably go with blue since it's my favorite color.

Alien colors-1 (resized).PNGAlien colors-1 (resized).PNG

1 month later
#17608 6 years ago

I have been in (paid) on this game for a couple years now and I'm really happy games are actually shipping. Couple times in the last 6 months I've almost bailed and it wasn't because this thread goes full retard about every 2 weeks but due to the repeated delays from the old/new management. While I will probably will stay all in for it, I'm disappointed that Delt31 still has to troubleshoot lighting. Hopefully QC will get the message and people who receive the next batch can plug and play going forward.

2 months later
#19227 6 years ago

The black trim is up on FB. I was really hoping the other colors were going to be a darker shade so black it is. Although I may ask for a refund if they can't be bothered to turn the machines on to play a game and check them out before they box them up.

1 month later
#19743 6 years ago

I email them once a month or so and I still hear from Morgan although sometimes it takes a second email. Last time I communicated with him was 1/18 when we were figuring out what do about with the payment I made for the backbox screen and sounds like it's going to used to get the machine to Cointaker. I am one of the fools who paid in full in 2016 after having a deposit in. I do think I'll get it eventually. In fact I think there's a better chance of me getting it than receiving a refund if that makes any sense which is why I'm still in.

1 week later
#19924 6 years ago

I'd order the glass but I dont want it to delay my game 6 months.

#19930 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'd be happy to get my game without any glass at this point. Amazing they can roll out petty little updates like this and probably expect applause but not give any substantial update on bigger news or where the hell all our games are for those of us waiting for years.

It's about time for me to send them another email even though I know what the reply will be. Are the communicating with you at all?

#19937 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Theres only one reason heighway are talking about #3.
Pre order money.

Yup and I don't think anyone who's honest would recommend that they pre order a game from HW at this point. I wouldn't even though it benefit me me them to get some money coming in.

#20046 6 years ago

I just asked HW if there was any news about my LE today and I was told no updates. Not pleased.

#20066 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why isn't Heighway releasing this information via their Facebook page or some official announcement?
Or did I miss something?

Although their communication with me has been good, no doubt because I haven't asked for a refund, communication with others and the general public has been horrible. I'm not sure how a company that plans on surviving under the best of conditions thinks they will make it with that policy. They most definitely aren't in the best of conditions and it wouldn't be that hard to have someone put out a facebook post once a week with some update pictures.

#20075 6 years ago

I'm fully paid and had to deposit in since February of 2015 and I as told yesterday that there was no new news. I guess there could be 45 people that ordered before me and are still in but I'd be pretty surprised if that is the case.

#20087 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree!
I think it is essentially what they said in a recent communication? isn't it?

I never received an email stating as such and I will bet my non-existing alien Pinball machine that I'm not the only one..

#20090 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it was something on their FB or some blast. Somebody reposted it here (sorry, no effort to dig for it right now)

Even if it was on their fb page (it's not) You don't think that people that paid them thousands of dollars should maybe get a direct email when they decide to release a bunch of LE's?

#20111 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Id still like to know what the final verdict was on what we get back from them taking out the fiber optic ramps. Last stated was Heighway said they're working on it, cointaker said they confirmed we are getting around $450 back but I'll take that with a grain of salt. Anybody got any money back or was charged less or received any updates???

I was told that my $450 would be used to pay for shipping to the US and then I would have to pay for shipment from Cointaker to my home address.

2 months later
#21952 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

$750,000
I hope he ends up in jail.

I Hope everyone that took it from Andrew does as well. I've been lied to by everyone in charge pre and post takeover and never got my refund for a fully paid machine. They're all crooks to me at this point.

#21954 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Of course they are. Write it off and move on.

Don't have much of a choice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=dano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.