DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#990 9 years ago

To me its all about communication and trust in this hobby. Someone who is honest and cares about were pinball is going in the future. Heck just someone that will email me back in a timely manor is so refreshing. Andrew and Heighway is all that and more!

2 months later
#1044 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

More importantly... Any Full Throttle news?

Soon I hope!

1 month later
#1507 8 years ago

I must say the lay out looks fantastic! Very fresh and new. I see a lot of Dennis Nordman style in the design. He is one of my favorite designers. Also I really am looking forward to what Aurich has in store for the LE!

#1519 8 years ago

Deposit sent on the LE Only 500 being made and after speaking with Andrew a few min. ago they are selling fast.

#1532 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just cosmetics. No deleted spinners, or removed drop targets or any nonsense like that.

The LE option is really for people who intend to keep the game whole I guess? Obviously you can do whatever you want, but that's what makes sense to me.
However, to your other question, you can actually add the cosmetic LE options to a Standard. The only things you can't add are the powder coat, which you didn't want, and the LE-exclusive art package. That you'd just have to live without I guess. It's what sets the LE apart and is actually truly limited.

Is the LE play field art different?

#1573 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Chrome trim, black gloss cab, Aurich artwork. Yep.

I would also be interested in a chrome trim option.

#1609 8 years ago

Have the ball interactive toys been approved by the license yet? I know that smog in the hobbit was supposed to interact with the ball but the licence would not allow it.

I hope this does not happen with Aliens.

#1621 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Have the ball interactive toys been approved by the license yet? I know that smog in the hobbit was supposed to interact with the ball but the licence would not allow it.
I hope this does not happen with Aliens.

Is anyone going to answer my question?

#1624 8 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

Entitled much?
The game is being designed. We will see it when its ready to be shown, both from a practical and licensee standpoint.

I'm just excited about it. Hoping the license does not limit the ball interaction.

#1625 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi Gabe - some have been approved and some are ongoing. This is all part of the licensing approvals process

Hello Andrew....will we be in store for any surprises in a few week at the U.K pinball party?

#1633 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't believe that story with TH and JJP. Makes zero sense.
I'm excited as well for the UK reveal!

What is the rumor? What will we see? Art work? PF toys?

#1636 8 years ago

Are all the alians movies good?

#1639 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

1 and 2 are awesome. 3 is pretty good too, but that's not universal. You can skip 4.

Its been years time to rent them again.

#1645 8 years ago

Has it been talked about how many balls will be in the game?

#1650 8 years ago

Do we know if The game will have RGB LEDs?

#1653 8 years ago

That's awsome! I just joined the club very excited. I know it will be a while but I'm looking forward to what is in store.

#1657 8 years ago

I have a feeling that having the ability to make a lot of things in house will help Heighway succeed in a unpredictable vendor based type of business.

#1658 8 years ago

I just ordered the anthology 4 blue ray box set on Amazon. It's on a super sale only $34 wow. Free shipping with prime!

1 week later
#1668 8 years ago

I just watched Alians 1 last night for the first time in 15 years. Great movie for the age of it. Tons of detail in the back round props. Very cool.

2 weeks later
#1831 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure the beacons aren't glued down or anything. All I know is what Andrew has publicly discussed. And that's that new games will ship in some kind of box/crate, and you can put the playfield you don't want in it and store it under the game if you like. I think all the games are on full rails that stand up on their own on the floor. Keep in mind that my involvement is from across the pond, so I haven't actually touched or seen any of this stuff, just repeating what I've heard. People like frolic know more than I do, he's got a game he can touch!
I'm sure you can just take the beacons off and put them in a drawer or whatever, no big deal. It's a topper, it's not anything gnarly.

I have no clue at this stage what the plan is for the trim. But I've seen a lot of people express concern that the green was a little too specific for something that's being sold as a modular system. Maybe since it's the LE it doesn't matter. But when the time grows closer I'll make sure Andrew and I have a discussion about what makes sense. He's a sharp guy, and he reads all the feedback too, I'm sure we'll sort out what's best. And if that means the green stays then so be it, not promising anything! But I can promise that we'll talk about it.

I spoke with Andrew directly and he is looking into the chrome option.

#1863 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha. Well since this is the Alien thread, and I can be partisan without being dickish, I'll try and sell you on Alien over GOT. They don't really compete, GoT will be shipping first, but it's the flavor of the moment, so why not?
Here's where I think Stern's strategy is a real failure: the Pro/Premium thing lets them offer a cheaper price, but it bifurcates their games in a way that holds them back. Let me explain.
Alien has 4 flippers. You can't buy a version of the game without 4, they're built into the basic shot strategy. GOT only has 4 flippers sometimes. You can use them for the miniplayfield, but you can't make that central to the rules (like say TSPP does). Since the Pro doesn't have them you have to make the upper playfield secondary. Or make the rules just utterly different from Pro to PremLE. Which is weird, and more work, and isn't going to help with code updates being timely.
Alien has full RGB lighting, every single light. GOT has RGB (inserts, pops, and maybe spots?), and only a handful of inserts on the Pro. So you can't rely on the colored lighting for the rules on every shot. You have to hold back on creativity. And I'm betting the Pro can only do 6 colors. I once asked Dwight Sullivan to make the Klingon Multiball insert color orange instead of red, so it wouldn't be confusing when you stack it with Klingon Battle. He replied that he couldn't, because the Pro can't do orange. Just the 6 colors of the main inserts.
If we want a mode on Alien where the GI dims, and then parts of the GI flare up orange, and the inserts around them go orange, and we simulate that part of the playfield being on fire? Can do it. And we can make that a part of the rules, because every model will have that feature.
GOT can't do that. GI can't go orange. Pro doesn't have enough RGB lights to do that (and probably can't do orange anyways).
I can tell you right now there's a mode in Alien that uses the color changing lights that couldn't be done without them. It's really cool to have them on every shipping game, you don't have to hold back.
Alien display: High rez LCD screen. Movie clips, instructions, scores and stats? No problem. GOT: Low rez dots. We haven't seen them yet. We know that if they try to use clips from the show they're going to be a smeary mess though.
Alien Standard is more feature equipped than the Stern Premium, for the same price.
LE is price competitive too (not sure exactly how close, have to see latest quotes, Stern just raised prices) but comes with the interactive topper, no $400 extra charge from the store. Comes with fiberoptic lighting, ala Tron. Exclusive LE art package.
Right now Heighway is simply offering more for your money than Stern. They don't have a cheaper Pro option, it's true. If that's your price point go Stern. But look at the GOT Pro. It's pretty sad without that upper playfield, it's like a whole different game. How is the code going to work across these two models? The Pro doesn't feel like the one to pick here.
Heighway is new, still lots to prove, and Alien is still being worked on and GOT is close to shipping. You have to make your own calls. But I think we're going to deliver a killer game, I'm really looking forward to the first time I get to flip it.
Also, if you're still reading this long ass post, you did ask for a tease. Hmm. Let's just say that I hope you like multiballs ...

That's awsome looks like I chose wisely.

#1960 8 years ago

PF Art is the same on all models.

#2099 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Hopefully Alien will also have the backlit side cabinet cut outs / artwork that Full Throttle has. I'm imagining it will, or Andrew and his team have come up with something similar.

It will be the same I belive.

#2134 8 years ago

What is the difference from chrome to polished chrome? I have herd of polished aluminum which is awesome.

3 weeks later
#2319 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All I'm going to say is that if anyone was hoping for a backglass full of actor head shots they're going to be disappointed.

Exactly what I wanted to here!

#2466 8 years ago

LE backglass needs to have the mother Alien on it. JMO

#2667 8 years ago

Not much talk about the sound. We know Harry is doing it but that's about it. Any new info on this? Any narrators or voice actors? Any pinball related call outs? Will the game have original sound from the movies?

2 weeks later
#2749 8 years ago

Does anyone know how many are left?

#2752 8 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

Maximum 494 as the five numbers I requested originally were already attributed .

That does not help me

#2779 8 years ago

At what point do people start panicking that the LE will sell out and they won't get one?

200 left....100 left....50 left?

#2793 8 years ago

Aurich any idea how many LE's are left?

1 week later
#2902 8 years ago

Look at the attention to detail Aurich put into the ACDC alternate translight. That is what I am hoping for Alians. Very clean, crisp, maybe a little dark play field art.

3 weeks later
#3023 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Selling the LE parts is the worst move ever. Andrew listen to me bro. Either make your LE's truly LE's and charge accordingly or just make one game. Defeats the point of going LE if you can just upgrade a regular with cash.

The trim will be different as well. Also you get a different back glass art work and side art work that can not be purchased after. As well as the standard art work included.

3 weeks later
#3507 8 years ago

Who is the guy who super exposes the play field with all the ramps and toys? Make sure he is ready!

#3588 8 years ago

I ordered direct from Andrew.

#3591 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Direct for me too.....agree on the plus side of locking in your price.....I was in early @ $7850.00....extra saved will be going towards the large monitor.....

What was the lowest # available when you got in?

#3622 8 years ago

It's a new week lets see that PF already I'm dying here!

#3626 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Just curious for those that are ordering the LE if the lime green trim would end up being a detriment in the future if you ended up buying future "kits" for it to swap in? I would think that a black cabinet with black nickel or chrome trim would be a safer option as it wouldn't clash with future titles.-I suppose trim can always be swapped out later though.

Turn back 10 pages

2 weeks later
#4598 8 years ago

Andrew as we have discussed we at Pintastic New England will welcome you with open arms! What ever you need my friend let me know if I can help in any way.

#4605 8 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Ted if they aren't there maybe I can bring mine for freeplay... Full throttle that is. At least let you see and feel what awesome things Heighway is doing.
-Jim

I beleve Coin taker will have a full throttle in their booth at Allentown. They are the US destributor now.

2 weeks later
#4724 8 years ago

Looking good! Congratulations to the Heighway team. Another milestone achieved.

2 weeks later
#4980 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

GB won't be at TPF apparently.

Were did you here that?

#4989 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Either here or pinballinfo. Supposedly it'll be at the Vegas expo, and one in Italy, but not TPF.

I herd it will be their from a very reliable source.

5 months later
#7151 7 years ago

That's a shit ton of wires.

#7189 7 years ago

What new innovations will Alians have? Thoughts

#7201 7 years ago

Note to self aliens is spelled this way lol. But seriously what do you guys think?

1 week later
#7303 7 years ago

Got my email as well LE #5

Looking forward to seeing and playing the finished product at expo!

#7344 7 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

I met up with Andrew today he showed me the motorised Alien head mechanism on video, rest assured if that is approved and in the game it's a truly awesome toy

I herd it growls at you. Very cool.

#7356 7 years ago

I know this has been talked about already. But has anything changed? Difference between the standard and LE?

Back glass art work
Lime green powder coat
Fiber optic ramps
Shaker?
Beacons

#7358 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

From the Heighway site:
Black Gloss Cabinet Finish, with Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim (including legs)
◾Pinball Topper With Yellow Beacons
◾Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Backglass And Sideart (+ Standard Edition Artwork Package Also Included)
◾’35th Anniversary Edition’ Game Plaque With Allocated Number (from 001-500)
◾Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting
◾Shaker Motor
◾Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Alien Pinball Goodie Bag, With Magnets, T-Shirts, Posters, Badges + Much More!

I guess I'm more wondering what the standard will come with? Black trim?

#7364 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Doesn't the LE have the huge additional LCD?

I beleve any additional screens are an extra. But I'm not sure

#7368 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Interesting point, though the bright lime green never made any sense to me either. Dark green I could see. Still, people really love the look of chrome. Black may make the most sense from the theme perspective and the choices provided.

Its extra for the LE as well.

I don't think its chrome. I beleve its polished aluminum.

#7376 7 years ago

I stand corrected.

#7425 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd say Stern has lost their goddamn minds, but people are apparently happy to line up and pay those prices.
If Andrew's not an idiot he's going to raise his prices too. Why not? The frog is perfectly happy in the bubbling water.
This is me just talking personally, I have zero insight into Alien prices or plans. And I'm not trying to push anyone into pre-ordering just to lock in a price point. But if the street price on the base Batman 66 game is around $7700 and people are opening their wallets? Andrew would be a fool to leave money on the table he could use to grow his company.
Expect a price increase, that's my prediction. Up up up, that's the trend.

I hope Andrew keeps his prices were they are. People will see the value and buy Heighway instead.

#7463 7 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

At what point do we see the big players financing (through partners) like the recreational vehicle market. For only $199 a month for three years you can own a pinball machine!

It already happened at Pintastic New England this year. We had a on site local bank financing pins at the show.

#7469 7 years ago

Spooky just announced game 3 pricing at $6250 500 units no LE. Things are heating up.

Apples to apples thoughts?

2 weeks later
#7672 7 years ago

I really think the game needs to be at expo working well or it will be a big missed opportunity for heighway pinball. These guys should be working around the clock to get this done. Make it happen Andrew! I'm pulling for you guys see you at expo.

#7738 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Whats happening Thursday night in regards to Alien?
According to the expo schedule Alien reveal is on Friday at 4pm
http://www.pinballexpo.net/seminar.pdf
4:00 p.m. "Alien Pinball:
The Official North American Launch"
Guest Moderator: Gary Flower
Speakers: Andrew Heighway, Brian
Dominy, Joe Schober, David Thiel, Barry
Oursler, Kelly Mazurowski, Garret Popek,
Matt Riesterer

I thought Matt said in the Jurrasic park thread he would not be making it to expo

#7757 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If something breaks it's not likely to be a ramp, they're all metal.

In the first video Andrew was showing the ramps were plastic correct? They are now metal?

#7761 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

That's correct Gabe - the two ramps are now steel

That's awesome I love steel ramps.

1 week later
#8688 7 years ago

Has anyone emailed Andrew or the Heighway office in the last few days? Trying to get a response from someone but no answer in 3 days. Are they on vacation?

3 months later
#11021 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Will there be an alien at pintastic this year?

Me and Andrew have stayed in contact. He would like to attend Pintastic this year so we will see how it all pans out. But Andrew is a good friend of the show.

#11022 7 years ago

Ted when will we see you at Pintastic? Would be cool if you could set up a pinside cigar hour.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.