• 26,102 posts
  • 1,023 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN7800 (resized).JPG
A2D96CB5-DC40-4237-BD88-6162E1CDCE66 (resized).jpeg
735F8CB9-07B3-4128-906C-31B107D1B75C (resized).jpeg
F7B7E7E3-F5DA-4A9F-A73A-D4A8B04AFE13 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
48CFD7F3-06AA-4213-81C5-1874421C2466 (resized).jpeg
157007E6-7FF9-42BF-A5B4-015664F00830 (resized).jpeg
Rulesheet_Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers_ALIEN_ENG_Rev_1.0_2020-02-12_19-06-26.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN7836 (resized).JPG
DSCN7723 (resized).JPG
308D5272-F726-4C2B-AE3B-B1ABDAA31ECB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (3 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (3 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (3 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (3 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (3 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (3 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (3 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (3 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10258 3 years ago

i played this yesterday at EAG as well. it felt like a totally different experience to playing the three Sterns 30m away along the carpet, all of them two-flipper fan layouts and garish colour schemes. This has 4 flippers so the shots go in different directions, it has 3 screens, it has a hidden lane (lane of death, currently, but no doubt a rubbered post can sort that out), and it even has outlane-inlane gates and rubber posts so you can rescue a lost ball (think Centaur).

add to this the fact the glass lifts out instead of sliding out, which immediately makes the footprint 2 feet smaller and allows a game in a smaller space (or more in a room) .... plus the price being so much more competitive than the Sterns ..... i think things are looking up. Go Andy!

3 months later
#13520 2 years ago

my buddy got his Alien, and a load of us have enjoyed playing it. it's great, i may buy one too myself down the road. yes, it's the one mentioned above in London. and yes, there are a few teething issues as with any new pin or any new company, all the more reason that if i had one on order myself, i'd be happy not to have one of the first few out of the factory.

you're nutters, those of you now waving your pitchforks and demanding everything now now now like spoiled brats. give the guy a fucking chance, now he's actually making games, please? you knew when you ponied up the cash in advance years ago - for gawd knows what reason that i can fathom - that your pre-orders would be financing him making the damn things, now you want it all back? now? now that he needs it the most? now that he needs money to buy the parts in batches, now that he needs money to pay the staff to put them all together.

if you were in his position, with a potentially massive win ahead, and a potentially killing chasing pack behind, you'd take any money offered in, and try to resist any money going out .... just a little longer ..... to get to that tipping point. right?

vulture eats dead vulture at his funeral (resized).jpg

#13522 2 years ago

yes, but Ewan, you're totally biased and anti-Heighway, you'd say it was black if it was white. i can hear your axe grinding from here, every time you crop up in the UK forum it's to slag off Andy about something, it's a running joke almost. there was obviously history there between you, i'm guessing he didn't pay you for your work or something similar, but also that he has had you sign a non-disclaimer so it's probably best not to go into details of the whys. but it's barn-door obvious to any of the UK crowd reading this.

let's see what Martin of Pinball News has to say about it:

seriously, you guys, give it a chance to be born, stop trying to club it to death while its Alien mother is in labour

edit: i'm not totally pro-Heighway, i'm not a 100% fanboy, and i expect he will miss more deadlines in future. but having said that, i think it'd stand a far better chance without all the negativity that breeds here

#13524 2 years ago

lets guess and say he hasn't made 20 yet.

>what can be gained by not answering when asked for a timeline update?
i dunno, but i expect they're pretty busy

#13658 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I heard some VERY vocal negative people (who also bragged about being on Pinside) and was really put off by it. In fact at one point my sixteen year old son had to walk away because he was laughing so hard at some of these guys.

it's sad isn't it. Pinside has lots of great people but there are also a truckload of people here for whom the glass is not only half empty, but someone took a shit in it. that's something i read the other day on another forum, a far friendlier one where there is a hell of a lot less bitching. so far then, i see there are loads of people in this thread who like the game, and also some that don't like it so much. sounds normal.

#13669 2 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

You stole my glass half empty analogy Dan!

sure did, snotty, sure did

2 weeks later
#14138 2 years ago

i love ramp

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside