pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12497 7 years ago

I've had quite a bit of correspondence with Heighway this week and I played Alien (pre-prod) last night. I'm still on the fence as to whether i should order one. The lighting and art package is fantastic. The pre-production game obviously had some issues and non of the call-outs were working (in terms of where you should shoot) so the game was hard as hell to figure out what you had to do.

The outlanes are absolute drain monsters, unique design, but man i spent alot of money last night.

I love the movies, love the theme, just not sure on the pin yet though.

#12511 7 years ago

Care to elaborate?

#12512 7 years ago

Anyone know what the fiber ramps look like? That's $800 and a factory only option.

#12513 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there are not really any callouts to instruct shots. I think if our lights were working correctly, they would not really be needed, given how good the lighting is.

Yeah sorry I more meant the lights than actual call outs.

#12522 7 years ago

I'm going to assume all 10 are spoken for as well.

#12524 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

).
I'll say this, if you're ready to drop all $7000+, you could be one of the first ten.

Excellent! I am not a patient person

#12525 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone know what kind of 27" LCD Heighway installs? If it's a commercial grade wells Gardner or similar monitor it probably runs close to $500. If it's consumer level it's probably closer to $200. Has anyone de-cased and installed their own display in a FT to save some cash?- although you'd have to get a bezel as well. Probably not worth the hassel!

Did this get answered? If it's a Wells monitor or similar, then yeah $500ish isn't terrible.

#12532 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Considering a ColorDMD is $399 + shipping, another $100 for a full-sized LCD with appropriate mounting hardware is a steal (not my point, I know someone before me said it, but it's too good to not re-iterate).

Fair point. Sounds like it's commercial, in which case the price is in-line for a 27" display.

#12539 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

poorly delivered humor would be more accurate. Many things dont come across in text.

What?! Never have messages on a forum been misinterpreted, that's non-sense!

#12543 7 years ago

Well as soon as Heighway gets back to me. I'm in and paid in full. 27" LCD, shaker, EL blades, beacon lights, fiber optic ramps, PDI glass.

It's an LE without the special artwork i guess...

#12548 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Did you save money doing that? I assumed the LE would have been the better deal than buying all the upgrades.

LE isn't a deal in any way as I'm aware. If you add things up, it's the same cost I believe. You are just getting the special artwork and goody bag. None of which i care about.

#12549 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Not interested in the gloss black cabinet, powder coating, le plaque/goodie bag, LE art, and any other potential bonuses in getting the LE for the $280 difference?

Not really, nor waiting several months for it. If the artwork is holding it up.

#12552 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Gotcha, for early purchases with the price being $300 less it's basically right at your price point for the LE (minus the glass and display). Very valid point on the wait though.

Yeah believe it's a $400 price difference, but i suck at math So $300-$400 (depending on your math) for special artwork, gloss cabinet and green trim

#12556 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

What's the actual brand then...since you are so certain? What if someone wants to look up it's actual specs, etc?
Without a verifiable manufacturer one might figure they simply got a deal on a bulk order of no-name "commercial" screens?
Not a big issue but it's been asked before and never answered.

I would guess Wells Gardner, thats kind of the industry standard.

#12560 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

Strange.
In the UK the cost of the LE is £6650 ($8297)
The SE with all the LE bits added (minus the artwork of course) is £6825 ($8516) so the LE is the way to go if you want all the extras.
Both the above prices do not include the 27" backbox screen which is +£500 ($624).
* Conversion was using todays exchange rate.

Here are the totals in USD

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 12.10.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-06 at 12.10.50 PM (resized).png

#12580 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bugs and code should get worked out and developed over time, so what's the point in rushing into this? Unless significant numbers start going out the door.

Because some of us simply don't want to wait... we want to play pinball... on a new alien machine

#12582 7 years ago

I do want to say that the Heighway team has been great to work with this week. They answered all my questions promptly regarding the machine and ordering process. Seems like a solid company and i'm looking forward to getting my machine.

#12621 7 years ago

I think many of you have never worked with large corporations, let alone marketing teams. You just don't get it.

There is nothing speedy or efficient about these processes... period...

#12694 7 years ago

what?! where did you get one from?

#12725 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'll confirm it. I'll also confirm the 7-10 day delay, and that now they're supposed to ship next week.

Interesting, wonder how it works for those of us that ordered direct with Heighway... and where we are sitting the que related to Cointaker.

#12730 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Have no clue. Were all outside that circle of trust together.

LOL, so true! I think there are a lot of us impatiently waiting for our machines. I think it would be nice to just know the darn things are actually shipping.

#12741 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

How many have been shipped/delivered so far?

Zero other than the ones from TPF i believe.

#12747 7 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Several according the the pictures in this thread a couple weeks ago.

I don't think i've seen a single person post other than the ones that were from TPF, beyond pre-production units.

I certainly haven't read all 12k posts, but i'm pretty sure i've read everything over the last 2-3 weeks.

#12756 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They made a point of showing the first out the door and then a few thereafter headed to US I think. These were not TPF games. Sounds like a few in Europe as well. Overall, not a lot but it is starting and there have been, factually speaking, more than just TPF games. Search heighwaypinball posts in this thread and check their last couple pages. You don't have to read 12k posts...use the search.

My apologies. I didn't realize you could search on just one person's posts in this thread, had never needed to do that before. Read back a few months, yes looks like games are trickling out. Slowly.

#12762 7 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

If you have no skin in the game (like made a payment to Heighway) then it's not you place to complain, or second guess or stir the pot. Plenty of us have put money down and are waiting patiently for our games to arrive. Your concerns are unfounded and serve no purpose other than trying to cause concern or angst for those of us waiting to take delivery.

I don't know about patiently

I'm sure others paid in full long before me, but it's makes nervous as hell to put down that kind of cash and not have a firm date or even idea of when it'll arrive.

Everything I've seen and read about Heighway makes them look like a great company. But I do feel as having paid in full I'm owed some updates or timeline. Even if I have to sign a NDA, that's fine I just want to know when my game will arrive and what's holding it up.

#12764 7 years ago

I watched your first stream, that one game you had (200m i think) was great, it was cool to see all the modes and effects/etc.

#12767 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thanks, I'm getting the hang of it. I do like that its possible to have those games but they certainly aren't occurring every time. I can see all tournament players making sure they shoot each ramp 4 times before starting all the modes to constantly double scoring as they are relatively easy shots and have safe returns. Right now I'm still trying to just see all of the game before I worry about maximizing score.

Yeah, that double scoring was sweet. SO that's what was it was shooting the ramps 4x/each? Missed that part I guess.

#12785 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If it's a finalised production model with all the final production parts - light and xeno boards I say go for it Panzer! Doesn't a SE with all the extras work out a little cheaper in the US compared to an LE?

It's all detailed a few pages back. It's $280 difference if you put the same options on both, and that $280 gets you the artwork, gloss black cabinet, different color legs, and the goody bag.

#12806 7 years ago

Great updates on the game code, thanks guys!

#12890 7 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Yep. I put in my money 10/17/14. It's been a long wait. At this point, I'd like them to get it right rather than on time.

So I gotta ask, are you a full paid or down payment?

There is no way I could stay sane waiting 3 years on a full payment. I would have bought and sold many many machines in that time!

#12904 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

We have not heard from Andrew in almost 2 weeks. April 26th is Wed this week and the goal was for LEs to start production end of April (next week). Andrew, can you provide any update to us patiently waiting for the game?

He said they were targeting Alien day or the release of the new movie. However, again they are at the mercy of Fox.

#12928 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The cabinet felt really solid and the new glass design is interesting. That should help to eliminate broken glass too.

New glass design?

#12944 6 years ago

So definitely more left drains... not 2 though

#13119 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, I'm just going to say it. I got my money refunded - my #3 slot is open for whoever wants it if it is still available.
Two things made me do this:
1. I realized I did not want a potential "problem machine" - in other words - I'd rather have the game once all the "growing pains" and "bugs" have been worked out.
2. I'm not someone who does well with delays. When I see a video with the games on the assembly line and lots of announcements about how many playfields are going to be produced and how many games are to ship at a certain time and then things go quiet for weeks - look - $8175 to some people here may be pocket change with a side of lint, but to me, that's fucking livelihood. I don't toss that kind of money around for fun. That is $1000 shy of a 2012-2013 Honda Fit I am thinking about buying to replace my 1994 Nissan truck I've driven for 19 years. I put Alien ahead of that (yes, that was my decision and I own that), and I came to regret that decision and now my priorities are back on track.
The bottom line: this game NEEDS to get out the door. I hated to pull out, but man, I'm not going to be part of the "maybe next month" club. I'll wait until hundreds of this game have shipped.
I do hope the best for Heighway. I want to see them succeed. No hard feelings at all - hopefully down the road - I can purchase an Alien SE when .......well.... they actually start shipping.
As for me, I'll visit LV-426 some other time.

I have requested a full refund as well as of a few minutes as ago. I was paid in full.

For $9k I am not comfortable with the lack of information and delays.

#13125 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Understandable that a lot of folks are gun-shy, and my hope is the days of paying in full in advance are over for this industry. I don't mind minimal deposits, but you are correct in that 9K is a lot to risk or just tie up for a long time. If the games start shipping and are of decent quality, then the orders will roll in, but there needs to be more there than a few hand built prototypes out in the wild. I am still excited for these to come out, and I have faith in Heighway, but they need to show good progress or there are going to be more going the refund route...a point I am sure Andrew is well aware of.

Yup, it's a lot of money and my expectation for that amount of money is updates and status progress. I had a conversation with Andrew on the phone and I said i understand not wanting to post information on the forums and things can get blown out of proportion. But if you are a customer, paid in full, i'm sorry but you deserve updates and reasons as to why your game isn't shipping. Even if you can't share that publicly, you have a right to know when you are putting down that kind of money.

#13126 6 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

and very patient.

Then you sir are a rare breed!

#13146 6 years ago

Deleted, not worth it...

#13177 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I have my $8175 back. I'm happier than a pig in shit.

I wish I could say the same.

#13180 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Dude...you requested it 7 hours ago, so you've got to be kidding right? I don't think a "day or two" to issue a refund is unreasonable...relax.

I merely stated an opinion. Nothing more, why is it wrong for me to wish I had my refund? I didn't state anything other than a desire to have my money back, I will feel better once i do. Sorry i offended your delicate flower.

Yup I requested a refund at 6am CST. I did receive a response from Morgan at 8:30AM, but not confirm my refund. I replied simply asking for the refund again. There is no doubt that they have gotten my request, so now i'm just waiting for them to process it. Simple as that.

I'm not trying to start anything. I think it would be nice for people that are uncomfortable with the process to able to receive a refund in a timely manner. I will happily post back once I do, and i hope it's early next week to show that Heighway cares and responds quickly.

It's 2017, refunds don't take weeks/months to process.

The 2 best things they can do for the community are to ship machines, as i'm sure everyone would love to get one that has preordered, and to handle any order issues (I.E. Cancellations/Refunds) promptly.

#13185 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Good lord! This was like 7 posts up.

Yes, one person, who didn't order direct, instead ordered through Cointaker.

Show a post of someone who ordered direct getting their refund promptly, then we'll talk.

#13188 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

They are in the UK and busy developing and building games, so there is less time to deal with it.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that as a valid reason. There was no delay in taking my order and processing my payment. I'm aware of the time difference, and like i stated previously, they replied to my email asking for a refund, so they got my request just fine.

I'm trying to stick to the facts, not opinions.

#13190 6 years ago

Regardless, I'm done. I'm sure i'll get support from some members and chastised by others. That's the internet for you.

Once I get confirmation from Heighway on my refund, I'll post so others know, as well as when it actually goes through.

I wish the company the best of luck and I sincerely hope people get their machines, I think it's a cool title, I really do. I think the LE artwork looks amazing. Just because I wasn't comfortable with the timeline and other things, doesn't mean others won't be or aren't.

That is all.

#13191 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I know what your saying, and my point simply was that processing orders is Cointakers primary business function. So naturally they will be quicker about it than a pinball manufacturer in the UK.
No biggie man, I'm sure you'll get your refund, it just may take longer than you like. It sounds like you're pretty much divorced from this whole thing anyway, so once you get it, you can move on with life.

Thanks. Yes I just hit a point where I was no longer "in it". I don't need any further promises or timelines, just would like my money back so i can continue to invest in the hobby we all love.

#13395 6 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We are 100% committed to delivering this game to everyone who has ordered - and as quickly as quickly as possible. It is our one and only priority

It would be nice if you were 100% committed to customer service.

I know of 3 of us waiting for refunds and your company hasn't bothered to respond to a single one of us or acknowledge any of our requests for refunds. That's roughly $24,000 you are refusing to give back to customers.

#13404 6 years ago

You know what irritates me is that i have an inbox full of the same story, people waiting for a response, getting the run around by Heighway and empty promises, anything to string people along longer. Anything to keep people on the hook longer.

It's ridiculous.

#13409 6 years ago

Posting on here seems to be the only way to even get a response from Heighway. After posting this morning, now all of us waiting on refunds got this canned email within the last hour:

--------------------
Hi xxxxx,
I sincerely apologise for any delays in our response to your refund request. Our standard refund policy is to refund your payment within 30 days. As we are moving towards full production this process maybe delayed up to 60 days. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause but we will endeavour to resolve your refund as soon as we can.

Thank you once again for your time and your interest in our games.
--------------------

I don't honestly believe it for one bit, it's just yet another "wait, there's more".

#13413 6 years ago
Quoted from Jawa:

Also the phone number on your website needs to be updated.

I told them that 2 weeks ago when I called them and they said they knew about it.

#13419 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Can't refund what you don't have anymore.

This

#13434 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

so you decided against the ramp lighting....

No it was on my order. But I was told the coding wasn't done yet. I requested the game ship without it.

I have also found out that it appears they haven't ordered the fiber yet from the supplier and when they do it's at least 2 months out. So I highly doubt LE's will ship in June or even July as they don't have the actual parts. Heighway can comment on that if they like.

#13440 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, i have not kept up on the payment stuff...
Wasnt it only 1k deposit? Why are people paying the full amount?
In some cases people seem to have paid the full amount just a few weeks ago (to jump the line?) and now are wanting out? Anyone that fickle, i would advise you are better off sitting on the sidelines until you can buy a game ready to go.

Because we were told that paying in full puts you at the front of the line. I confirmed and confirmed the timelines with Heighway many times before I ordered. Shame on me for believing them.

Fickle? I don't agree with that at all. I'm sorry but as I've stated before I'd you pay $8k-$9k for a machine you are owed some degree of information.

Is it my opinion, let me state that again, my opinion that Heighway doesn't actually have the money to refund customers that want out. I also believe that games have not shipped and there is no evidence otherwise to suggest so. Games have shipped to events because it's good PR and it generated interest and revenue. Given how active this thread is it's unlikely that people with machines wouldn't post them if they had them. We only see pictures if games from people who had pre-prod units and people who brought them home from shows. I haven't read all 13k posts but I would imagine give all the excitement that if somone had a machine they would have posted something.

Heighway also does a good job of coming on here and posting just enough smoke to keep people happy and dangle the carrot yet again for people.

There is no evidence that games are actually being built and delivered. There is no evidence that games are production ready. We know of issues with the xeno board, we know the fiber coding isn't done yet and I'm sure there are other things.

It's harsh but that's what I see. I tried to hold off on posting something like this, but I feel obligated that information needs to be posted so that people can be informed and make a good decision if they choose to order a game.

I also understand that it is law in UK that refunds have to processed within 14 days or 10 working days.

#13446 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Wondering again, why people are bailing out when production is just starting? Why did you wait this long and then suddenly, when games start to trickle out decide I need my money back ASAP?

Games are shipping based on what? Your horoscope for the day?

Other than a post by Heighway what proves that games are actually shipping and being delivered?

Why doesn't Heighway provide a list of how many games to what countries?

#13449 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What are your thoughts on the Moon Landing?

I am also aware that some people in this thread will provide blantant support and help the Heighway marketing engine for some reason.

And I'll continue to get bashed for providing information to help others.

And posting on here is the only proven way to solicit any sort of response from Heighway.

#13452 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Seems like you are going off the rails a bit, no offense.
Anything is possible I suppose, but as a Heighway customer I'm confident things will get moving. They are a new company, not Stern. It would be a major collapse for Alien to actually NOT happen at this point. Is that your contention?
Everything in life takes a bit of trust.
You'll either get your refund back or you won't. People will get their games or they won't. The world keeps on turning for now. I'm loving my Full Throttle and I trust I'll be able to get an Alien game kit at some point.
Bottom line, after all this static being broadcast here, the most likely answer is their production is starting slow. That's it. I would calm down and appreciate your health and that the sun still rises.

Probably!

But the idea of myself or others not getting their refund back bother me a lot, not sure I can let that "just go".

I think it's a great game and theme I really do. I do want them to actually ship the game. I do want them to succeed but not at the expense of others.

Every business I've ever been a part of and every company I've interacted with that I've had good experiences with was honest about what was going on and didn't ignore customers.

#13454 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just curious. Does anyone know who the investors are? We know about JJP, American Pinball, etc. Who is keeping staff and employees paid all this time? Who is paying for lease equipment, factory rent, overhead, etc. Parts?
They have to be over $600k in, right?

Public financials from December 2016 showed roughly $480k that was due to be repaid by March 2017 if memory serves.

#13457 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That was 480 pounds, right?

Yes sorry, not USD.

#13460 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Seems like you didn't do you homework and just jumped in head first a couple weeks ago...it took me about 45 days to get my refund from my initial email to Heighway...your gonna be waiting

I did not know about the financials, whether it's true or there's another side to it, it is what it is. Otherwise I had been reading/following for awhile and I believed the hype and message being communicated. That's on me.

Regardless, the issue is that several people are waiting for refunds, and only by my posting on here have any of us gotten any traction. So in that regard i'm happy to help those requesting refunds.

#13640 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

I haven't misquoted, that was Romans latest post regarding his glass.
Many seem to be in the same situation as you, mk6pin, bemmett, chrisnack etc all have paid for PDI and have the invoice stating so. Astropin replied saying $40 refund to those who paid for PDI/Roman and receive Heighway's version instead. Sounds like he's in the know and the best person to ask.

That is what should happen, Astropin was just stating his thoughts, doesn't mean it will happen that way. Not sure what they will do, and given how challenging it's been to get refunds, only time will tell for those still in and that paid for it. Huge bummer though as I believe Romans glass is the best.

#13641 6 years ago

I've had several communications over the weekend and my refund request has been confirmed.

Not processed but at least confirmed. Just wanted to provide an update.

1 week later
#13944 6 years ago

Refund update: 3 weeks, still waiting

Nice to see a few games have trickled out though for those still "in".

#13947 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What date did they respond to you/what timeline did they give for the refund?
I thought they mentioned something about 30-60 days for refund requests once games were being built?

I got confirmation about a week later after emailing back/forth with Andrew directly. Beyond the initial generic email that a bunch of us got (that you referenced), I wasn't really given any timeline.

I don't believe the other guys got theirs, otherwise I would have heard through PM's.

#13951 6 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I have been in since the first week and am paid in full. I am thinking of selling my spot/machine to get a Dialed In.
Getting a refund sounds difficult, maybe I should wait till my machine is about to ship and sell then.
I am suppose to be in the first group of LE's.
What to do...what to do???

You'd get a refund before you get a LE most likely, even with how long it takes. If you have been in since the beginning, you have been pretty patient. I would imagine LE's would ship this year at least. Compared to how long you've waited, not much longer.

But yeah, a lot of games coming out this year.

#13966 6 years ago
Quoted from conester:

I'm really surprised that people are backing out NOW when they are that pins are actually shipping now. I don't get it...wait for two years plus, then when you see if start to ship...ok, I'm out....weird, but to each his own.
Brian

Only you can decide when enough is enough for you. There have been numerous delays, some people just get tired of it. It's a personal decision and no one should be judged for it or how they want to spend their money.

As for people backing out affecting the business that's poor business planning in my opinion. You should have accounted for that in the business plan. As times/dates slip, people are going to get frustrated, and people will want out.

Fool me once...etc

#13967 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm not sure why its that weird? A lot changes in two years and even though games just starting to trickling out, I wouldn't expect one for most pre-order people until winter. There's a bunch of new games out since people have put deposits down that weren't in the equation 1-3 years ago. For me, I just want to see SW first since we are this close anyway. Quality issues aside, there's a real possibility that people could get a SW in their gameroom before Alien, even if they've had cash down for 2 years.

I agree, I ordered a AFMr LE within the last week and I'm willing to bet I take delivery on it before I get my full refund.

#13969 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm in on that as well. Can't wait. I get the feeling we will have our games this summer. One thing I'm finding is that I don't have long term patience for pre-orders. Unless they truly look like they will be shipping within the next 3 months, I likely stay away from them moving forward.

I'm the same, I'm not comfortable waiting 6+ months. That being said, i had spoke with Heighway around delivery times before I ordered. I do think i would have gotten my game eventually, but I wasn't comfortable with the timeframe and situation anymore, and that's why asked for a refund.

I feel much more confident in AFMr, but this isn't the thread for those discussions. I'm also only in for a deposit versus I was paid in full for Alien, and I went through a reputable company i've done business with in the past for my deposit instead of direct.

I've had plenty of conversations with Heighway over the past month and I do think they'll ship games eventually, so I hope that they do deliver and continue shipping games for all the people waiting. I'm not sure they will meet the timelines people are thinking, but games will continue to trickle out. (based on my own thoughts/information, not something they told me)

#13984 6 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Says the guy who paid in full and then within a couple weeks of doing so asks for a refund. Come on man.

Maybe you should have the facts before you open your big mouth.

Trust me I have very valid reasons as to why I backed out but I was asked to keep conversations confidential and I will honor that, so don't bother asking.

#13996 6 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I asked you a simple direct question 11 days back

What question? I have been reading posts but I apparently missed that.

And yes i refrained from posting in this thread for the most part because of shit like this. Some of you are just out to attack anyone that isn't all rainbows about Heighway or Alien.

If you don't want to hear from me, tell Heighway to give me money back and I'll be done with this thread and people like you. Except I'm far from the only one waiting for their money...

#13997 6 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Are you one of the guys that recently bought an Alien and within a couple weeks of having done so asked for a refund? It's hard to keep track but I remember a couple buyers like that posting a lot as of late.

This question? What was the point of responding to this as you are making it clear your opinion on this.

Yes I ordered and then when timelines and promised dates weren't met repeatedly, I requested a cancellation of my order.

#14000 6 years ago

Sorry you see it that way, as i stated before, i posted so that people would know what they are getting into. If they are comfortable with the delays, more power to them, but I feel you should have all the facts if you want to get in on a preorder.

I was actually responding to someones post regarding the business, and i stated it was my opinion/thoughts.

I have stated before that I do like Alien and I do want Heighway to ship games. So that whole conspiracy theory that people are buying in and then backing out to try and tank the company is just f'n ridiculous. I would sure hope people have better things to do with their time.

I'm sorry, but you cannot tell me a single person thinks 30+ days for a refund is acceptable, what other transaction or purchase have you ever made in your life where that was ok. The obvious dodging of people asking for refunds and clearly not having the money to refund, if that isn't alarming to people, then i guess it is what it is. Not to mention the publicly available financial status of the company. Whatever.

There are a number of other people in the same boat as me, but they aren't posting. As i said before, my inbox got flooded with stories and messages regarding a lot of things once i posted that i asked for a refund. However, most of them are not posting, and i'm starting to see why they don't bother. If you say anything bad about Heighway, you get attacked. Fun.

Life is short, i have better things to do with my time than argue with asshats on PinSide regarding Heighway. I've tried to make information available for people thinking about getting in. I'm done with this thread. I'll post when/if i get my refund, but other than that, I'm moving on.

I wish Andrew/Heighway the best of luck and I do sincerely hope people actually get their games regardless of whether i agree or disagree with how the business is run. I really do.

#14193 6 years ago

I'm not following this thread anymore, but I said I'd post when i reached resolution.

I had paid in 2 equal payments through PayPal. PayPal ruled in my favor on the disputes and I've received my money back through PayPal. Heighway refunded one payment (half) through the dispute, but did not refund the other half. I'm squared up though on my end, which is what matters to me. I didn't want to wait for them to process my refunds, so I disputed the charges. Some may disagree with that, but that's what I did. I know of 4 others waiting on refunds, and I hope they get resolution soon, 3 of them are at 30 days now.

I wish everyone the best of luck, and I hope all get their machines soon. Take care.

#14231 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Whatever the circumstances, your assumption that their PayPal account is suspended is way out of bounds. Do you have any proof of their suspended account?

Someone pinged me about this so I thought I'd respond. His response was not way out of bounds.

Yes, my dispute locked their account. Andrew emailed me about it. I assume that's why they refunded half and not the full amount, that might have been what they needed to get it unlocked. Buts that's an assumption on my part. But I have no other logical reason as to why they refunded half but not the full amount.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=chrisnack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.