• 25,229 posts
  • 994 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 267 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,924 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN6993 (resized).JPG
IMG_2514 (resized).jpeg
ALIEN-Knocker Assy - Bracket 2.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket-B.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
ALIEN - Logo Kassentür - LIMITED EDITION full.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN - Fuse List.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN6994 (resized).JPG
DSCN6995 (resized).JPG
3100-A Beacon Light Series (resized).jpg
20190813_155912_zpsvfumxni0 (resized).JPG
Heighway Pinball Amplifier Settings.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN6992 (resized).JPG
DSCN6991 (resized).JPG
321a (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't know why people keep referring to Heighway as a "boutique" pinball maker. Just because they haven't delivered a pin yet does not make them "boutique". They plan on selling as many of the pins that they make as possible, and as pointed out above, they have a big factory in which to build the machines.
Boutiques would be much smaller runs (a hundred or so) and built in small shops, not a factory.

Because around Pinside, boutique means anyone other than Stern. The current King of boutiques is JJP.

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We understand that some people may see us as 'boutique' because we are new, but we have set ourselves up to be a mass producer of games. As well as having Full Throttle and Alien Pinball in development, we have an additional 3 games also in development, including one game from John Trudeau.
As for shipping games - we would like to respectfully point out that we have already designed, built and shipped out 251 games globally, for Bacardi.
But if you would like to see full blown pinball games on a production line then we respect that. We are ramping up our operations and are still targeting the beginning of 'Full Throttle' production in January 2015 - so you should not have long to wait

Trudeau, huh? So Gary is letting him moonlight with you guys?

#450 4 years ago

No, John designed a game for us before he joined Stern

Very cool......

3 months later
#844 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ah, good point about the cat. I was thinking Ripley and the Alien.
The important thing here is this will be the 3rd official game with Bill Paxton, tying with Arnold (T2, T3 LaH) and Gary Oldman (BSD, Lost In Space Batman Dark Knight)

Until the Terminator: Genysis pin from Steve Ritchie and the recently returned Dwight Sullivan!

3 months later
#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Stern games do have drop targets but only on premium/LE. Now, how annoying is that?

The Pro's don't have all the features of the Premium/LE's??????

That's why there are different price points.

#1088 4 years ago

Keep bashing your head. Reality will come to you eventually.

2 weeks later
#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from jackSparrow:

Here's another thought. Why do we need a right hand ball launch lane on the modern machines? Surely that's valuable table space.
Terminator 2 was going in the right direction, as was Flash and Twilight Zone. They all had minimal ball launch lanes.
Apart from historical aesthetic reasons we probably don't need it at all. The ball can launch from anywhere. A lot of machines have a button to launch the ball now anyway, rather than the older spring loaded plunger.
Think of all that extra space for....well....more things!

Some Stern games have a button to launch the ball....in addition to the plunger. Stern recognizes tradition.

The button only game were tried by Williams in the 90's. They, like Williams Pinball, didn't survive.

Even JJP users a plunger.

It's like bumpers. It's a part of Pinball. They aren't going anywhere.

3 weeks later
#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So may great Bill Paxton moments! The guy really is very talented.
» YouTube video

Dickless! Let's face it, if they took care of business, I'd be out of business!

1 month later
#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I find it interesting that they will let you choose what movie to play and that each of them will have their own wizard mode but there deff should be one last wizard mode for those lucky few that are able to complete both of them (not that I expect to be one of them )

An Alien 3 final Wizard mode.

#1979 3 years ago

Amazing. This company is just knocking it out of the park. It almost seems too good to be true.

Playfield will cost about 60% of a full game?

3 weeks later
#2207 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I like the 3rd film actually. It was beset with problems, and a lot of lost opportunities, but leaving those things aside I still think it works. It's the 4th one that's so disappointing, it just didn't work. Has some cool moments, but as a whole movie it's bleh.
That said, I'm not upset we're leaving the third film out of the game. Trivia that people here probably know already, but if you didn't, Williams' Bram Stoker's Dracula game was originally going to be Alien 3.

I enjoyed the 3rd film too. It's not for people looking for mindless action, but a atmospheric, moody final. I could see a place for it in the pin, if only for a final wizard mode to wrap it up.

1 week later
#2293 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed!
Show some Alien teases but talk about the shipping game. (This is me speaking personally, I have no clue what's coming on Thursday, I've been too busy working to even ask.)

Well, you can't be that busy! You keep posting to Pinside!

#2298 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh. You know why I post so much really? Because I'm in front of my computer all day and all night. And reading Pinside is my escape valve.

True.

1 week later
#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from TheDude75:

Hi Aurich,
Personally not a fan of the egg as the backglass image. I do prefer to see characters or monsters on a backglass. This is too static for me. But this all comes down to personal taste and that's fine. You made you're choices as the art-director for this piece.

Dude, he's explained this 100 times. It's Fox mandated.

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Just an interesting note:
Sigourney Weaver mentioned her pinball esteem during an interview with Jill Pantozzi a year ago while being interviewed on the Legacy of Ellen Ripley, Women in Games, and Her Return in the game Alien: Isolation.
"It was that long ago, in the middle ages, – there were no video games that I know of. There might have been pinball and you know, those games. …Yeah, there was pinball! Some country – maybe Britain – I saw an Alien pinball game. That sort of – that would have been the biggest kind of success when we made the film, that we would turn into a popular pinball game."
http://www.themarysue.com/the-mary-sue-interview-sigourney-weaver-ripley-alien-isolation/

She's probably thinking of Space Invaders.

download.jpg

#2661 3 years ago

Or re-theme it as Black Rain. Another Ridley Scott masterpiece!

Black_Rain.jpg

1 week later
#2691 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

no cute one liners at all would get my vote

And yet the quotes are part of the movie this game is based on. If it's in the movie, then include them.

2 weeks later
#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I would also think for anyone that want the kickass large screen in the backbox, the LE becomes even more irrelevant. There is very little backbox artwork around the large screen frame, so ultimately, the only difference between LE and pimped SE would be the side art.

Agreed. There seems to be zero pressure to obtain an LE early before they sell out. Just customize a standard and you're good to go.

I like this business model.

#2830 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I like Ridley Scott. But I'm disappointed that he's going this route such that the Blomkamp film had to be shelved, would have rather seen his take.

There's room for both. Scott has said as much. Fox shelved Blomkamp's film, but hopefully it gets made before everyone gets even older.

I want both.

#2857 3 years ago

Should easily fit in any one's home.

Alien.jpg

#2915 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Literally could not care less about the LE artwork. I'm interested in the FATBOY LCD, which pretty much negates any distinguishing visible artwork between the models. I'll add the cool LE playfield features to the standard.

Sums up my thoughts exactly. Feels great not to have an "get the LE before it's gone" pressure.

3 weeks later
#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Selling the LE parts is the worst move ever. Andrew listen to me bro. Either make your LE's truly LE's and charge accordingly or just make one game. Defeats the point of going LE if you can just upgrade a regular with cash.

It's the best move ever. Being able to trick out your Standard with LE parts is great for people who don't rush to buy a game the moment it comes out. I couldn't give a rat's ass about the collectible market of an LE.

3 weeks later
#3428 3 years ago

Kandea keeps trying to kiss Aurich's ass, long after he's been ignored by him.

So sad....

#3898 3 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Reminds me of Stern Star Trek with the grid, space background and icons floating on top. Which is not a very good thing. When I think of Alien... I think of alien interiors, flesh, industrial metal. Not "just space and galaxies" or retro stars. Especially not "outer glow layer effects" on planets and graffiti. Would have been nice to see something more alien and organic. Or something with weight, like the ships interior infested by Alien.

At least Star Trek looked that way for a reason...it was giving the player a HUD of being Captain Kirk.

#3899 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

ST art sucked IMO. This does not! The only thing it has in common is space

No, it doesn't. You missed the point of Star Trek's playfield. See above.

#3902 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

This art blows ST out of the water hands down. I really disliked ST PF art no detail at all this has the detail to go with the color scheme.

#1. Wasn't comparing the two

#2. It's a HUD display. This is obvious and has been pointedly stated by Ritchie. I play mine all the time. I am not clamoring for clip art of Chris Pine or Simon Peg on the playfield or slings.

#3904 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

the ST playfield (as well as GOT, which looks to me like it was done by the same person) is just awful. it's overly reliant on bevel/emboss, shadow, and other stock filters. the shapes are too large and the lines are too thick. it looks like a 2002 rave flyer made by a kid with a pirated copy of photoshop. GOT has a lot of the same problems, with the added issue of tons of cheesy clip art of generic swords and gears. They both look terrible compared to their contemporary competitors and compared to great playfields of the past.

Already disputed this above...not doing it again.

#3907 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i don't really buy "it's a HUD" as an excuse for bad design in the first place, but also it does nothing to explain why GOT is guilty of all the same sins.

An excuse implies a mistake. It was designed to be that way.

And I don't give a rat's ass about GOT's playfield.

#3912 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Look closely
10pt bevel and emboss on the "console" area look like total garbage.
The more you stare at it the more amateurish it looks.
Maybe having no photoshop experience (and I have very little) makes it easier to look at.

Perhaps if you had more experience it wouldn't bother you so.

#3915 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

You missed the point.
It ok though...
The more experience you have with ps the more shitty it looks. I'm glad I'm not a pro!

No, I didn't miss the point....just exploiting your self-admitted lack of Photoshop experience.

Now...back to Aliens.......

#3917 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

take it to the basement...seriously

I just said...back to Aliens.

Seriously.

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

Ok, I'll be bold.
I've add my own interpretation to the artwork and photoshopped the original by deleting the 'cartoon' elements and non-core element like the badges, flames, text and some color splatter around the space ships.
You can click on it to get a larger view.
Mine is on the left, the original on the right.
Personally I think it looks cleaner and they need make sure the planet art doesn't cut into the LCD screen.

sideBysideAlien_(resized).jpg

Nicely done. Small changes, but a large effect in the right direction.

#4077 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

This is the essentially the final product...no offense, but you are wasting your time recommending and making changes--it's a fun exercise but as long as you know it won't happen. It's over Johnny.

Seeing as Fox just approved it, it's not like they've already printed thousands of these things.

#4079 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I am just relaying what the Heighway employee stated. This is it. Sorry. I like it BTW.

I'm sure that's what JJP said at Expo 2014.

#4081 3 years ago

Honestly don't care that much. I made one comment about someone's changes that I liked.

#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

For what its worth, Funco was able to secure Sigourney Weavers likeness for their retro 7" line of toy figures packaging. Of the ones they negotiated with, Ian Holmes and John Hurt declined. So 2 out of 4! This of course is no indicator of anything for other products (like pinball) other than perhaps Weaver is generally OK with image licensing.

maxresdefault_(resized).jpg

Strange, since Ian Holm licensed his likeness for the recent Alien video game.

#4332 3 years ago

But what walks?

1 week later
#4577 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

No kidding! Or you cellphone!

Magnets don't erase SSD data.

#4589 3 years ago

As discussed earlier, we are pushing hard to show something at the Texas Pinball Festival in March.

I'm hoping that means a game to play.

2 weeks later
#4695 3 years ago

game-over-man-game-over_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#5727 3 years ago

Heighway has become the new JJP, and Alien is this year's Hobbit.

#5737 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

And you have become the new ___

Genius? Billionaire? Playboy? Philanthropist?

#5792 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wasn't what we were thinking. Starts with an I and ends with a T. Figure it out.

Industrialist? Instrumentalist? Illusionist? Imperialist? Impressionist?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middleborough, MA
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 50.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Göteborg, VäSTRA GöTALANDS LäN
$ 399.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside