• 25,216 posts
  • 994 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 267 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,924 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN6993 (resized).JPG
IMG_2514 (resized).jpeg
ALIEN-Knocker Assy - Bracket 2.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket-B.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
ALIEN - Logo Kassentür - LIMITED EDITION full.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN - Fuse List.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN6994 (resized).JPG
DSCN6995 (resized).JPG
3100-A Beacon Light Series (resized).jpg
20190813_155912_zpsvfumxni0 (resized).JPG
Heighway Pinball Amplifier Settings.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN6992 (resized).JPG
DSCN6991 (resized).JPG
321a (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11741 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Lotta expected chest pumping going on here but I certainly am secure enough to say that I don't find seeing "YOU FAILED" every three minutes fun. At all. And my favorite game is TWD which kicks my ass consistently but doesn't do a repetitive, video-gamey "YOU FAILED" after every mode attempt.
It just seems to take you out of the whole movie feel (I won't use the "I" word ... just a splash of blood and skull symbol would say it all.
I LIKE the way it doesn't scream "jackpot" during the multiballs. I'd much rather here the voices yelling in a firefight.
So at the end of a mode attempt you'll either die (lose the ball) or go on with the fight... there wouldn't be a guy standing over you holding a big sign saying "YOU FAILED".
Just seems to take you out of the mood and add an arcade quality that the rest of the game nicely does not. Why stick to the whole movie feel for everything else, including the multiballs and then lose the feel every mode attempt with a jarring "YOU FAILED"?
Just doesn't seem to fit... to me anyways. Plus as often as it will happen (which is not a bad thing) it seems mindlessly repetitive - while the rest of the game fortunately does not.
You guys can now send me my "attempted to make a point in a forum thread" consolation trophy that I can display in my safe place

If you don't like the "you failed" message there's a foolproof way to avoid it...

2 months later
#14624 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

New owners announcement?

There was a different announcement that has gone missing

#14634 2 years ago

Saw this posted here yesterday and it was gone this morning. Reposting since it's public and relevant

https://www.facebook.com/TopScoreGamerooms/posts/1356461757733095

#14666 2 years ago

Seems like that link only works on mobile - here's one that should work for anyone:

https://www.facebook.com/TopScoreGamerooms/posts/1356461757733095

#14998 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Too early back then for money troubles.
Dennis in his own words:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dennis-nordman-leaves-heighway-pinball
I have to take Dennis at his word that he just didn't see it as possible in that tight time schedule, and turns out he was right.

Great thread to read two years later (and for the first time for me). Interesting to who got what right and how several things both wished for and feared came to pass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Los Altos, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 399.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Göteborg, VäSTRA GöTALANDS LäN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside