• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bladefury.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23785 4 months ago

I know there is a lot of bad history with this game, I haven't had it long , but I gotta say there is something special about this game...talk about pulling you into the theme WOW...having a blast!

#23789 4 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

glad you're enjoying the game bladefury! Its totally an A list pin.

Thanks again man!

Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have a lot of great games, and then there is Alien....Is what it is...an incredible, unique Pinball experience...congrats on getting one!!!

Thank you! Couldn't have explained it better myself

#23802 4 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I ran a PC fan (there's a plug on the mobo) to pull in air from the rear left bottom vent hole.. I'm not sure if bladefury is running it. but maybe it's a good idea?

Sure am! Thank bro!

#23806 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pic?
Seems the best way to cool the components is to blow the air over the components, front to back, then the heat would naturally be drawn out of the top. Problem is the cold air intake under (no proper holes). I have an idea....

I will next time I have the hood up

1 week later
#23807 4 months ago

Black powder coating complete..legs, cabinet bolts, etc...all buttons changed to green, led flipper buttons with black centers, coin ejects green, Pinstadium lighting (waiting on stealth covers so you dont see LEDs), green LEDs underneath and on back, static cling vinyl over playfield screen for protection, green leg LEDs, Alien Cupholder with Volcano green LED light up mod, green flipper bat rubbers, shaker, PDI glass, upper body Xenomorph Topper, and of course Subwoofer Loving this game a lot! It's still early but this is first game I have owned that may stay for the long haul..so glad I bought one!

20190214_001625.jpg20190214_001454.jpg20190214_223212.jpg20190214_223421.jpg20190214_223007.jpg20190214_001847.jpg20190201_224231 (resized).jpg20190214_001805.jpg

20190216_141504.jpg20190216_141612.jpg15503458526988210159157462857870.jpg

2 weeks later
#23890 3 months ago

Well after moving in and out 18 machines over the years, I've finally found that Alien is special enough that I want to keep for the long haul... so prepared I am just in case....many backup parts and playfield just arrived! This Alien community it's just awesome with all the help and thank you all!

20190305_220352.jpg20190306_103839.jpg
#23933 3 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Jeez I never had that. Maybe bladefury has since he bought.. I ran a fan just because I figured it wouldn't hurt to pull in more air.

Nope!

#23934 3 months ago

Anybody know if there is a size chart for the playfield rubbers, been looking all over and haven't found anything yet.??..thx

#23935 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I've decided I can no longer be without my alien - it truly is one of if not my favorite game. If all goes as planned I should have it in a couple of weeks. Excited to be back in the club.
In the meantime, I'm buying extra parts. Bought an IO board, face huggers, LEDs, those under the pf switches, extra egg, extra pf screen and I think that's it. I passed on the coils as they appear to be standard fair. Anything else recommended? I prob will buy one more IO board although that might be Overkill. Was thinking maybe the PC but those boards never go bad although out of stock right now.
Anything else guys?

Awesome it's a special pin!

#23945 3 months ago

Thanks guys for the chart!

1 week later
#23970 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

nice as I had the same question. I guess I'll need to get some HD glass again!

Piece of cake! Sorry I'm a PDI fan from what I personally see, I even sell my brand new Invisiglass out of JJP machines when I get them and replace with PDI

1 week later
#23990 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I hope for others that full PETG sets are still being made, sold...#1thing that HAS to happen in order for games to last. I found many cracked pieces that didn't show up until I was changing the set...

Patiently waiting in hope! If anybody has a set to sell feel free to PM me

#24007 3 months ago

Dang Delt quit buying up all the parts so fast! lol

2 weeks later
#24109 77 days ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Awesome you found a pair, I’m still looking. If anyone wants to sell their lighted side art blades PM me!

You guys do realize somebody did a write up on here of how to do your own?

#24116 76 days ago

Ok guys and gals just my personal opinion but in the last 2 days I spent 2 hours playing Batman 66 Premium and at least 2 hours playing Star Wars Premium at a buddies home...not trying to piss in anybodies Cheerios but man I don't get spending that kind of money for those games..yes I realize all pins are probably overpriced but unless something REALLY wows me I'm glad I haven't bought those Stern games...Come home to Alien or remember a lot of games I've had in the past and wow no way! One game on Alien and my mindset is back in line ha ha

#24127 76 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting to hear b/c I've owned JJP, Stern and others and the make/build of Alien is right up there with JJP which is the market leader. It absolutely blows stern out of the water.

Yep in full agreement!

#24157 75 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

you took alligator clips and attached to what in the machine? Did you attach them directly to the two plugs that attach the the sub in the game itself b/c my clips had plastic around them so I trimmed a little off of each and then attach the clips to the expose part of that clip an then put that clip back on the sub.
I just don't know if that really works well and with the amp, I'm think you can connect to the external sub with red and white audio plugs....?

Yes you can do it either way but I chose also to Unhook those 2 wires from the lower cabinet speaker and attach my wires to those 2 wires and run to the high level input (speaker level input) on the powered Polk subwoofer. No reason to have lower cabinet speaker hooked up once you added a powered subwoofer.... Huge difference in sound! A shaker doesn't get used a whole lot but when it does it's nice having the shaker So still think it's worth a $100

#24160 75 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great idea! So you basically cut off the two existing clips stripped the wire and then attached speaker wire to them while the other end of that attached wire goes to the sub?
I like that if so bc I rather not have internal sub anyway and shake the inside of the cabinet. this less vibration the better for this game.
Alien is 100% thus far. Thinking of increasing the led brightness but I remember that change would cause a bug on my original (might have been software related only).

Correct you can always put new connecting terminals on later to rehook cabinet speaker back up!

#24165 74 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm all PETG, so safe...That protector is awesome...Biggest challenge is the acrylics in general....Thought I only had one broken by my ball launch wire form...When I took the game apart found about 7 more that had cracked....So many areas exposed...And what a PITA to change....Whew!!

So happy finally getting my hands on a whole set! Like finding the missing piece to a puzzle lol This is one of those times when price wouldn't have mattered

#24170 74 days ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

not even close - hobbit pales in comparison

Agreed, owned it new for a year and lost $3k on it....live and learn

#24175 74 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Where did you end up getting it? Nice find as I haven't seen them in awhile....

TomDK had few sets made and three of us in the U.S. went in on and shared the shipping ...I bought Stern Sam shaker and works perfect.

#24183 73 days ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Is there any chance more sets are going to be made? I would definitely be in for one

Ask Tom DK if any left as he said once they are gone that's all folks! He only made a few sets...

#24184 73 days ago

Yep, but you wont use the little circuit board in the picture...just the plug coming directly off the shaker plugs directly into the board.. simple! Ps. Shaker has to be mounted to the right of coin box as close to the front of the machine to clear service rail!

#24185 73 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I really hope so....for the communities sake.....shared the files I was able to obtain some time back w (unnamed) individuals that had the capability to produce them in an effort to help. How they decided to distribute (or not) ended up out of my wheelhouse. I know of another who approached via scanning the originals.
The capability is there....maybe if enough post in here needing a set, the motivation will present itself. I'd start w Freeplay....

Yeah I was on a waiting list with freeplay for a couple months....still no word...

#24195 73 days ago

Quick post if anybody is having reject issues on Mother hole, a small piece of the soft side of velcro 1" long applied here has gotten rid of 90% of my rejects...

20190414_132218.jpg
#24198 73 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks - if you could take a picture of yours and the hook up that would be appreciated no rush

Here you go bro! Connection circled and second picture is showing to be sure shaker clears service rail! Hope this helps

20190414_135033.jpg20190414_135104.jpg
#24200 73 days ago

Forgot I finally got a few toys installed also

20190414_135844.jpg20190414_135849.jpg20190414_140011.jpg20190414_140020.jpg20190414_140132.jpg
#24204 73 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks good. I got the same chest buster coming too.
What is that black coil like casing by your right flip ramp?

Lol just some wire loom thought it kinda went with the theme and covers those wires going to the switch!

#24205 73 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone check their amp and tell me if next to the bass volume there is a blue light on? See pic. There is a red light on mine then the bass volume knob and then there is a clear circular light that remains clear on except I've seen it turn blue for split second.
Anyone have theirs remain a constant blue?
[quoted image]

Yes flickering blue most of the time!

#24207 73 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok so yours is flickering blue? So if you have the game on its constantly flickering blue? I wonder if anyone else can confirm on their end as well. Mine does not flicker blue but it's def on bc when I turn it off or play with settings the audio does change

Yes flickering when sound is playing

#24214 73 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok I just bought two new amps. Weird bc the sound is fine and bass is working but i don’t see that blue light so why not try new. I’ll update if it makes any diff. If not it certainly sounds fine

Have you tried slowly adjusting the black bass volume knob? It is what controls the lower cabinet speaker and your added powered subwoofer if you connected to that....

#24218 72 days ago

Quick little 20 minute project...had some extra LED that I cut to length, soldered, and installed inside the speaker ring! Just the mod me being me lol

20190414_211831.jpg
#24235 71 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I now have normal bass! I ended up pushing the bass volume button in and all of a sudden I had so much bass it was insane. The blue light started going off so I knew it was kicked in finally. I ended up taking the knob off and leaving the little knob bare which I can use to turn. This allows the blue light to stay blinking as you were describing and thankfully, it now the bass sounds like my original. Bass explosion. Love it!
I ended up buying 2 backup amps b/c I figured why not for 50 a pop. Peace of mind. Obviously that makes a big difference.

Awesome man! Makes huge impact I personally think Sorry not remotely the same without a powered subwoofer

#24246 70 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Congrats? Another pinsider selling or somewhere else?
btw - lesson learned that maybe others can take away from too.....the original glass in this game is THICK. I tried to replace it with invisiglass and that worked but the Alien glass wouldn't fit on my other game and without an extra piece lying around, I was forced to put everything back the way it was. Damn those screens that hold in the glass!

Yep crazy isn't it! When I pulled mine out to put in PDI I was like this is thick ha ha but PDI works perfect

#24256 70 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't hold your breath for this. There is no unused work that didn't get put into the game, video wise, and it's pretty unlikely any of us will create more. Game is what it is.

Either way game is what it is and it is special

#24270 69 days ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Hey man, stop copying me. Just kidding, glad I could indpire you.

Lol thanks man for letting me know where to get the toys now it's your turn, you got a lotta black powder coating work, replacing non matching button color work and of course LED work to put on to catch up to my chaos ha ha ha I can't help myself I'm addicted to modding all my machines...Cheers!

Aaaaaah happy man I am, my full set of PETG Plastics arrived! Thanks again TomDK so appreciate it!!!!

#24290 63 days ago

Now things are getting interesting

#24306 61 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Aliens: USS sulaco
[quoted image]

Love it! Mind sharing where to get one or how its attached?

#24327 57 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

For any owners that have their coin slot LED working, can you take some pics of how it's connected? Mine is not currently connected but want to get it going (mostly so I can hook an LED strip to it as I think the flipper section could use a little more light....only area I would like a little more light....).

Unhooked the factory wires and ran my own wires inside to the 12volt power supply running all my other LEDs on the game

20190429_231750.jpg20190429_231757.jpg
#24329 57 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks - which is the box you ran the wires to (forget where the 12 volt is)....and any reason why you didn't use the factory ones?

From what I understand is they only light with the factory wires when it's set to take coins not free play...Any LED mods I add to any of my machines are ran on aftermarket 12volt power supply I add inside the cabinet...usually i use a 12volt 5Amp power supply to run all my lights..that way i am never adding any load to the factory 12volt power supply...just what i have always done for piece of mind

#24331 57 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto on external power supply... run them on all my games except Alien. It has a separate, switching PS anyway, and underpowered.
I swapped with a more powerful version, no game resets, and powers all my mod stuff.
Great idea on coin slot light!! Was going to trace to see if there was a more interactive spot to plug it in, but your approach sounds best....

Yep when I replace the main 12 volt power supply to a Greenwell I'll put everything on it and remove my additional one... I've got a Greenwell large power supply running a bunch of stuff in my home (Audio/Video etc...) and it has been running nonstop for 3 years with no issues...they are great!!

#24338 57 days ago

Dang missed out again!

#24399 50 days ago

No worries, putting the time and effort into it will be worth it! Congrats!!

#24427 44 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My orbit is so freakin fast I don't react until it's too late sometimes..Those sensor switches remind me of the hall effect switch on WOZ.. I'd try loosening and shifting it just a bit so it's "seeing" the ball as much as possible.

Lol I just gave mine a wax today and no kidding! Rockets around

2 weeks later
#24497 24 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You’re killing me. I cannot wait to own this game someday.

The price of ownership is worth it!

3 weeks later
#24676 4 days ago

With all the machines I've bought and Sold I've finally got 2 that aren't going anywhere...I've never been happier with my 2 Pin collection!

20190621_225940.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
$ 279.95
$ 399.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bladefury.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside