pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billysastard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#706 9 years ago

Has Heighway announced a price for Alien if you just wanted to do the playfield swap thing? Their website shows prices for the pins themselves but nothing about the conversion kits.

5 months later
#1251 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Right. Not pre-ordering, but a fully refundable reservation. That's a great way to put it. Very little risk involved.

Every time I see someone post this I think of Shit-B and JPop, both of those were supposed to be 100% refundable also. I know, I know, apples and oranges comparing those two to Heighway. But, it's enough to keep me from putting down my refundable reservation.

2 weeks later
#1535 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...any idea when this will ship?

If Full Throttle and the Hobbit have taught us anything, then spring at the earliest. I sure hope I'm wrong because I have cash in hand ready to buy if it's good. I just feel that's the reality of it.

#1563 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm almost postive that my Aliens LE will stay as a stand alone pin but I still would much rather have Black or Chrome. I would rather the standard edition armor than green.

I'll trade ya. I don't care about the LE crap anymore, but my favorite color is green and I really want the green armor.

3 months later
#2780 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

At what point do people start panicking that the LE will sell out and they won't get one?

If Heighway announces that there will be no standard edition and all LE's will be sold at SE price, then I may sweat that I'll miss out on one.

1 month later
#3537 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I have a feeling when artwork is released the LE's will sell out fast.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm not so convinced there are a ton left at this moment, to be quite honest......

Where's TeeKee?

SEND MONEY NOW!

#3564 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I just have an issue with him always making it about him.

Like you've done with this thread?

Pot, meet kettle.

3 months later
#5471 7 years ago

I was on the site right at the exact time they went on sale and everything was sold out within the couple of seconds it took me to put a poster in my cart.

7 months later
#9403 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Accurate timelines just aren't Andrew's thing.

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Development is definitely at an advanced stage and we believe we are absolutely still on course for summer 2016 production

I just skip past the production dates now whenever they're mentioned.

#9464 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Andrew and the Heighway crew don't owe any of us anything. They don't have to show us any more gameplay, any teasers, anything. They did an announce trailer that showed how the game plays, what the art looks like and that is simply all they needed to do. So, please, don't immediately ask for more less than a day after they show you something new.
Ya'll sound like a certain someone: http://i.imgur.com/Q6maFDo.jpg
Be grateful for how open they have been with us so far and show some damn appreciation!
That being said, Andrew, update the timelines for us as soon as you can. I will need to sell a machine to make room for Alien, and I don't want to do that until I know what the timelines are looking like.

Good God, I'm having a flashback to the old Predator thread after reading this insightful post.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That is really my one ding for Andrew is that he tends to overpromise on dates. Why not just say its going to be at a generously realistic date and then knock our socks off when its ready early?

My guess would be to keep people from bailing. If Andrew had announced at Expo that the pin probably wouldn't be ready until spring 2017, I bet a pile of people would've gotten refunds.

2 months later
#11294 7 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1772051266416430/
Got all 3 on that page. Hope that is acceptable.

Damn, says I need a Facebook account to view. F that, hopefully someone will get some YouTube video up.

#11303 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Why people REFUSE to create a Facebook account when so many videos they end up wanting to watch are there, is beyond me. I get it, FB has a stigma from the "older" crowd (which I'm a part of). I literally don't understand why people use FB. But they do, so get over it.
There are things posted there that have nothing to do with "using" FB that you want to see. Regardless, people are on here almost daily saying "screw FB, when will someone post that video somewhere else?!?!" Get over yourselves.
I have a FB acct with EXACTLY zero friends. I don't "use" FB, but I have an acct so I can see this sort of stuff I want to see that people post there. It's free, took seconds to sign up for, and I still get to tell people I don't use FB. That's right people, you can have a FB acct without actually "using" FB.
Or I suppose you can keep torturing yourself and complaining while you wait for someone to post the video somewhere you feel is worthy of you accessing. So be it.

Feel better after that rant Dad? There'll be plenty of videos on YouTube soon. I have the patience to wait it out.

I love the "I use Facebook, but I don't "use" Facebook.

3 weeks later
#12090 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

right on. You can't market the system and then make changes to the "base" of the system...a CPU is one thing, a different cabinet is not cool. If future titles have blades but because you supported the team early (and helped fund these new titles) you get screwed out of that feature? And if they made 1 game with those features they sure aren't going to waste the opportunity to add it to future games...

Here, I'll reuse your pic for you.
4df97fc27cd73d2cd1d070c52d64e55e67d08ac6 (resized).jpg4df97fc27cd73d2cd1d070c52d64e55e67d08ac6 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#13138 6 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I am very confused. I reserved LE #3 on Day One and paid for it. It matches my Full Throttle LE #3. Here is my email from Andrew from 10-21-14.
Hi Jim,
"It was also great to meet you at Expo.
Please accept my apology for the delay in replying to you, as I have had a mountain of emails to get through since Expo finished.
We have reserved number 003 for you.
When you get a chance, can you please download an Order Form from the site, fill it in, and send it back to me?
Thanks again for your order.
Kind regards,
Andrew"
UGH, trying to figure this out will be a waste of time for me today.
Jim

I'm pretty sure he was getting a SE. He was getting the 3rd machine from Cointaker that was supposed to be shipped a few weeks ago and is currently MIA.

1 month later
#14581 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Not sure how long it's been this way but Cointaker has removed the option to purchase an Alien:
http://cointaker.com/t/aliens

They were for sale on their website this past Thursday or Friday. I was sulking a bit to myself because the price on them had jumped to $7,999. More than I'm willing to pay.

1 week later
#15077 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So, the standard Alien went up in price $1500 to around the Stern LE and DI Standard pricing range?

Just so you guys know, this was the price on Cointakers website about 2-3 weeks ago. Before everything went down with Andrew and the new investors. I know because I checked their website.

Also, if you look closely, the price includes the 27'' screen, inside side blades, and shipping. All of which were add-ons to the original $6,400 (?) price tag.

#15081 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

True, but that was always the case with Cointaker, in that they included the 27" screen, at least that was the case with their LE pricing. The inside blades is part of the standard, but the illuminated inside blades are additional. So this does look to be a significant price hike on the surface. After you add the other LE features, the standard will be north of 9k at this point. Ouch! I jumped out when things started getting squirrely better than a month ago and highly doubt I would jump back in at that price out of principal if for no other reason.

Inside illuminated blades is what I meant.

My point is that the $7999 price from Cointaker was before Andrew stepped down and the investors took over and implied that there would be a price increase. So the "price increase" that is mentioned in the emails hasn't been implemented yet, at least not on Cointakers website.

1 month later
#15554 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just another reason why announcing Alien at Expo 2014 was such a mistake. I can't help but wonder if the entire company's future was put in jeopardy by that decision.

Don't forget though, when Heighway announced Aliens in 2014, Andrew actually believed that they were going to ship Aliens in spring 2015. Even though they had nothing to show but some prototype toys and a early playfield makeup.

I sometimes wonder if Aliens would have shipped sooner and what it would've looked like if Nordman would've been around to finish the pin.

1 month later
#16449 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I really like TNA and also very much like Spooky, but with their non-refundable deposit and delivery in 6-8 months it is just a no-go for me

Yeah, they really need to catch up to the 3 year delivery wait time of Heighway.

#16552 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've reached out to Melissa at CT and she is checking status on games. Last we spoke she said they hit water but got stuck on ports due to weather. I would expect these are close now considering that was last week. Will update.

Quoted from SunKing:

Per Melissa cointaker as of Monday, Sep 11, "There was a holdup with the shipment because the ramps were not right. All is good now, and 21 games are on their way as well as parts".

Heighway 2.0 really need to get their shit together with this lying thing. Two completely different stories about delays is amateurish.

1 month later
#17567 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm just wondering if for the LE's they are going to stick with Ramos or upgrade to Stamos?

This is an upgrade?
282edef4508cae85a6754a4e3c355187 (resized).jpg282edef4508cae85a6754a4e3c355187 (resized).jpg

#17790 6 years ago

ALIEN PINBALL - Official Game Troubleshooting Thread

#17950 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They need to show they can support the customer base as promised.

And issue refunds to people still waiting on them as promised. I'm having a hard time feeling happy for guys who got pins knowing that there's still others waiting to get their money back.

2 months later
#19717 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

OMG that many problems??

This thread has been one big troubleshooting thread for the past few months and you're just now realizing this?

I'm in the same camp ad @NPO. I've had funds ready for this pin for quite a long time but I can't get myself to pull the trigger when I see so many new buyers having a myriad of problems. I'm don't have the patience for an $8,000 project.

#19725 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just remember that Weir's game is not typical. Sure they all have some issues that need tweaking..."most" NIB pins do.

Not typical? For the pretty low number of Alien pins that have shipped, it sure seems like a lot of owners have been on Pinside posting their many fixes or trying to troubleshoot problems. I do realize some have received an Alien and have had just minor issues with them, but to me it seems that buying one now is a crapshoot. Maybe you'll get lucky, but probably not.

#19742 6 years ago

Holy shit Punctuation dude, you should try it sometime.

#19798 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why would they unveil a new game when they have so many Aliens to make?

Dutch Pinball did it last year. Stupidity seems to run high when you're desperate for new money.

1 month later
#20381 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If you would like to take advantage of this situation

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If you could please contact me promptly if you would like to take advantage of this situation.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

To fully take advantage of this opportunity

Did Heighway 2.0 hire a Nigerian Prince to write their emails?

Someone take advantage of this opportunity!

3 weeks later
#20585 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is it just me, or does the green trim look better now than before?

Yes, it's just you.

1 week later
#20690 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The begining of the end.....or was that 2014?

This day was the beginning of the end.
http://www.pinballnews.com/news/heighwayexit.html
circe2 (resized).jpgcirce2 (resized).jpg

#21263 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round.

How weird, YOUR company owed Pinsiders significant monies too. F**k off.

1 week later
#21730 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Will Heighway/Andrew/Pinball Brothers be at Pinfest in Allentown?

Is this sarcasm or a serious question?

#21733 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Serious. Obviously they won’t have a table/stand, but I wonder if any of them will be attending just to get involved in the community and enjoy the Pinball excitement and atmosphere.

Ok, I gotcha now. I was thinking something completely different when I read your question.

1 month later
#22331 5 years ago

I'd keep it boxed up, if you have room. One day, hopefully soon, all those feelings of animosity and possible hate towards Andrew will be gone. Then you'll finally be able to unbox and play a pin that you helped create.

Or sell the damn thing and get some of the money back that they owe you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billysastard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=billysastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.