• 25,821 posts
  • 1,012 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Maurice
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,072 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Flipperfinger Decals.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN7393 (resized).JPG
DSCN7394 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190607_221426 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190607_220508 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190607_212735 (resized).jpg
DSC07953 (resized).JPG
DSC07966 (resized).JPG
DSCN7382 (resized).JPG
DSCN7381 (resized).JPG
DSCN7380 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
ALIEN 35th Anniversary (resized).png
22276-1-alien-LE-pinball-overall (resized).png
DSCN7366 (resized).JPG
DSCN7371 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (3 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (3 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3680 3 years ago

I see enough already to know its going to be pretty dam cool.

#3802 3 years ago

I think it looks good and cant wait to see a populated version to tie everything together. I bet the plastics really finish off what is on the play field.

#4053 3 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Maybe only if you're comparing thumbnail images of them? And to be fair both RZ and GoT were revealed complete whereas we're viewing the Alien art devoid of virtually any context.
Interestingly, the RZ playfield criticism was based on the fact that it was clearly painted without regard for insert placement and design, nor practically any other playfield parts. Alien, on the other hand, is virtually the complete opposite of this which makes for a totally incomplete experience seeing the playfield art out of context.

I agree this already looks better than got and rz without it being populated . Just with the line drawing over top of this you can see its gonna make it really all come together and you can see what the artist was going for . Cant wait for the full reveal I bet the plastics and toys will really make the playfield art make total sense

#4356 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Here's the premium...makes 2/3...And the secondary market firmware has lots of callouts from the show and that download is mega-popular.
Just say'n....

Screen_Shot_2016-01-15_at_1.22.32_PM_(resized).png

To me twd pin is more of a generic overall zombie theme rather than based on the show. If you were to only see the play field not many people wld know its twd.

#4430 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Accept for the fish tank... "Woodbury" shot, well Walker... The obvious prison...
If you watch the show, it's obvious how many of the elements were used...

But if you dont watch the show you would think its just a zombie pin for the most part .... I found that out yesterday when I had a bunch of newbie non pinheads over . They thought it was just a zombie pin which they loved.

8 months later
#8099 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The price seems extremely inexpensive by comparison. I guess i am getting used to outrageous pricing. Something tells me Alien will be the only one to hold its value.
I also expect to see a ton of older games go up for sale very soon.

Y all the revels are meh except alien .... i see no real reason yet to get rid of the awesome older pins especially for the ridiculous prices of new stuff ..minus alien as its priced decent for all u get

#8101 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, Alien compared to Dialed in!
There is no comparison. One is an epic fail.
If my LE just went down to $7100 then thats great
Heighway just blew away JJP and Lawlor.
Still LOVE my BM66LE

Got more news for you, alien also blows away batman .....

#8435 3 years ago

So the le comes with all the extras but non reflective glass and u need shipping ? So all in it wld be near 9k also ? Was their or is there a deal for early adopters or if paid in full ?

#8439 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

heighwaypinball.com $8150 today plus $210 if you want the glass, clear and simple, not 15 versions
here you go

How about shipping ? U keep saying di is 9500 but with shipping so alien is 8360 and another 500 for shipping i assume?

#8442 3 years ago

I saw it said shipping was included to us and then from there is where the shipping cost is . I fell asleep early and just woke up so figured id catch up on some pinball news lol.

#8443 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now if you prefer the super duper STANDARD version. Which is clearly marked "standard", its only $6450, how about that?

Na i like all the extras but its a good option for people

#8446 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think shipping is sent to Chicago free? Or somewhere like that and then its on us.
I think this pin is going to be a home run, if you like the theme

Yep love the theme and movies and i kinda have a horror/sci fi thing going on in my collection at the moment that was unintetential but i like it and may just go with it ..

3 months later
#10638 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ack, that would be terrible. The "tongue" only moves straight forward and backward, and is directly above the center drain... so doing what you describe would most likely just slam the ball SDTM. That's not fun.
I don't know if folks have noticed one nice thing about the Xeno targets... they are two standup targets in a slight "V" configuration. What this means is that when you shoot up the middle to the Xeno, the ball will probably rebound at a slight angle, not just slam down the middle like you see too often on a shot to (AFM saucer shield / Spidey Sandman shield / Metallica Sparky / TWD Prison / etc). Good attention to detail by ealadubhsidhe.

I love that the shot on afm is risky and it makes you really have to have a strategy other than just bashing shield and ship.

1 month later
#12270 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Can someone comment on the "pop" of the pop bumpers? My FullT was really weak and ended up being one reason I traded it out. Very interested in Alien but hoping there is more action off the pops and slings.

Yes they are very weak on ft and the current aliens ..... hope they get this worked out. I believe its the type they use and the voltages.....

#12273 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

had s/w update and mine seem fine..

No idea but any that ive ever played or worked on were not very powerful whiich led to not much action.....

#12299 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We are working on some major improvements relating to this right now

Yes, I've learnt the hard way that actions speak louder than words

Awesome.... thax... i may just get a alien in the future ....thanks for being such a nice business owner on the forums and especially in person....

#12433 2 years ago

Scoop needs a cliffy or mantis ....... however my favorite thing about alien is the lighting by far. Very impressed by it....Screenshot_20170331-223530 (resized).png

1 month later
#14081 2 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

My game does not have these issues
» YouTube video
New Zeno Mech works perfect
No Lightboard issues on my game either

This game definitely dont need a center post.

#14311 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can anyone explain this little string of posts by Circus?
How did the black trim turn green somehow, along with writing on the box that was blank before?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=join_the_cirqus

Yea at first it was a normal production alien and now all the sudden its magically a alien le # 94.........im very confused

2 weeks later
#15216 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

From facebook:
"Just over five years have passed since I started Heighway Pinball Limited in my home garage. Now, the company has grown to be a multinational business with customers spread throughout the globe.
The company has faced many challenges along the way, which has culminated in our first game, Full Throttle, and our current game, Alien Pinball. I always strived to create a modern and relevant quality pinball product, with many exciting new ideas. I believe that we have fulfilled many of the goals I set for this company.
I am extremely proud of the games that we have produced. In particular, Alien Pinball is the result of tireless work, over the last three years, from a team comprising of some of the most talented and passionate pinball people I could have ever have hoped to assemble. ‘Alien’ is personally my favourite movie of all time, closely followed by ‘Aliens’. I could not be happier with the finished product and how it represents both movies.
The time has come for a change at Heighway Pinball. Substantial monies are being pumped immediately into this company by our existing investors to drive this company forward to producing hundreds of games every month within the coming months. These investors have not been actively involved in the running of the business up to this point but they bring a huge amount of pinball experience to the operating of this company. They are also very successful businessmen in their own rights. Their passion for pinball, business acumen and love of the company’s products will drive this company forwards. There are a lot of expectant customers out there who want delivery of this epic game as quickly as possible – and this is a commitment this company will now strive to deliver as soon as is possible.
As of now, I have now left Heighway Pinball and am no longer involved in any way with the company. A new management structure is already in place at the company, that is committed to delivering games to all of its customers and building the company up into becoming an important market player within the coming years. The company is being left in good hands, with the investors bringing a wealth of pinball experience into this company and everyone is committed to delivering customer games as quickly as possible.
I have not left pinball permanently – but am taking a break away from it as fresh finances and ideas drive the company forwards. I will likely still be seen at pinball/trade shows and look forward to meeting many of you again in the future.
I will no longer be contactable at andrew@heighwaypinball.com and I will not be posting here, any other pinball forums, on Facebook or on Twitter as ‘Heighway Pinball’ from now onwards.
I have met some amazing people over the last five years and would like to thank all of my customers, staff, contractors, investors, distributers and suppliers - who have shared my dream and supported myself and this company over the years. I step away from Heighway Pinball at an exciting time for the company and wish all those associated with the company all of the best for the future.
Andrew Heighway
Former CEO/Managing Director – Heighway Pinball"

Lol i was just posting this also..... looks like andrew has stepped away from the company.....

4 months later
#18071 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Talked with Cointaker today. The next container of games is supposed to arrive in 3-4 weeks (just go with 4 weeks so you don't get your hopes too far up). She said some of those games are still available for purchase.
Just in case anyone's wondering...
I'm keeping my eye on Alien now. I want to see another container or two unload before I unload $8k. Alien does have my attention though - great to see some unboxings and people enjoying the game!

Is just a standard is 8k or is that with some upgrades ? Is shipping included?

#18094 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I just got an Alien, SW premium, and a Dialed In LE. Alien leaves the other two in the dust in playing time. If this was being mass produced in the States it would be a massive seller.

The newest pin in my collection is usually the only one that gets played for months. I have some great titles but newest and greatest always wins out.

5 months later
#20898 1 year ago

I just heard heighway pinball has gone in to administration, anyone else know anything about this?
This was posted on fb....

#20900 1 year ago

Not good ...not good at all

#21084 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, the value of yours just went up substantially.

Or down if they break and cant b fixed

#21418 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Aww, shucks.
Well, we can only hope one day.
At this rate,it will take spooky a year to catch up on TNA and Acnc.

Its gonna be years finishing acnc and tna if i had to guess

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Hardware
Pinball Haus
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside