• 23,977 posts
  • 976 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by ulmpharmd
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,697 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DoorInterlock (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190309-205039 (resized).png
81Zi2iEAVEL._SY879_ (resized).jpg
20190307_151104 (resized).jpg
20190307_151241 (resized).jpg
DSC04644.JPG - Fotogalerie (resized).jpg
20190308_192130.jpg
20190303_110139 (resized).jpg
20190303_110116 (resized).jpg
20190303_110216 (resized).jpg
20190308_131215 (resized).jpg
20190308_130731 (resized).jpg
20190308_125131 (resized).jpg
20190306_103839.jpg
20190305_220352.jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bhwolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11366 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Thanks JonM,
Another question -- How will we do software updates? Is there a USB port behind the glass ?

Along the same lines (apologies if discussed, I did a quick search only) is the source code available?

2 weeks later
#11885 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I'm staying positive and hopeful about this. When I purchased my Full Throttle, I literally stopped Andrew in person at the show and asked him if it would be 100% compatible with future games, especially the cabinet. He said emphatically "Yes". If there is a change, I'm counting on him to make it right with those of us that were early adopters and purchased a Full Throttle. I took him at his word and now the ball is in his court to make good on it.

I think if the game works minus the side blades that would be 'reasonable'; perhaps they could offer vinyl blades or something similar. Not sure what else would be reasonable? It's only natural they will come up with new ideas, compatible might not mean equal.

6 months later
#17033 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Glad you got your refund!
I supported the company with a $1500 deposit Oct of 2014.
I've been asking for a refund since June of 2017.
Morgan hasn't responded to my latest email of a couple days ago. Why are some being refunded and others are not?

Yeah, I'm not sure. I have a deposit down and reached out to all of them, and no reply to 2 emails over a week or so. My intent is to downgrade to standard at previous price -- if they won't do that, or offer a better LE deal because of the changes, I'm out.

Personally, I think they should just kill the LEs.

1 month later
#18389 1 year ago

May have been discussed and I missed it, but Morgan told me today that to make up for the fiber optic ramp lighting in LEs, the 27" backbox screen will be included. That's fine by me as I wanted the screen in mine, but obviously as an option some may not want that.

Unfortunately still no-go on a downgrade to standard (without paying higher price) so I haven't decided if I want to stay in or not. Production of LEs supposed to start by end of year, so, given I'm deposit only, chances of xmas delivery pretty much zero however this isn't a surprise to me. I personally don't think the LEs add much value, but guessing an LE at previous pricing is a better deal than a loaded Standard -- haven't done the math yet.

1 week later
#18526 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

I dont see what the problem is - obviously the ammount of preordered srandards was low enough there were extras availible. That is not at all his fault, most preorders left are LEs, blame Heighway for building standards first, not someone whos buying a game because its availible.

I agree, and part of the problem is the whole pre-order thing. Heighway has little incentive to build LEs right now. For people that have prepaid completely, it's already spent money so offers no cash infusion. For those with deposits, it's probably a break-even at best, since the deposit is spent, and the lower price lock-in means there's likely no margin or even a minor loss.

Standards, though, at the new retail price? That provides instant cash flow. Seems like this isn't the first time this has happened...

#18605 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Who wouldn't take on a fully licenced, coded, shipping machine that looks this good??
Everyone will get their machine and/or their money. The only variable is time.

I love the optimism (really), but I think more realistically it is about the margins -- and I have no idea what inventory they have on hand, what their facility costs are, or assembly costs, etc. But, the margins may very well be too small. Sure, a good investor could try to bring them down with optimizations, but might not be enough volume to really make that offset the risk/reward. I suspect they raised prices in July after realizing there was little or no margin.

I agree with you though that it's a great game and getting generally favorable reviews, software seems well developed, etc.

#18624 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You could of ended your post at "i have no idea" because neither of you have any info to go off of and are just making shit up! #Falsenews!

Umm yeah, I did say I had no idea. Don't claim to have any info. I said I suspect the margins may be too small. It's a discussion, not a press release guy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St Louis, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bhwolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside