• 25,266 posts
  • 994 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 267 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,939 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket_Holder.pdf (PDF preview)
A198514D-C4F8-4D3F-AAD3-086CA79078DD (resized).jpeg
0010815E-01BF-4290-B829-B88D78049DD9 (resized).jpeg
25B2F10F-593F-445E-8A34-FB5C0669AA37 (resized).jpeg
7E096DA3-4C5D-4D0B-95D6-2ABDC7F547A8 (resized).jpeg
Unbenanntöö (resized).JPG
DSCN6990 (resized).JPG
Beispiel (resized).jpg
DSCN6998 (resized).JPG
DSCN6997 (resized).JPG
EDDFE508-1F24-478D-98B0-54950DA2BC25 (resized).jpeg
10C8C808-6D12-4F2D-8D21-4D70C74870E4 (resized).jpeg
D3F4019C-DBA9-436A-B560-6D6A4E537E7E (resized).jpeg
E4C1728B-C453-413E-A123-FC3E34308220 (resized).jpeg
DSCN6993 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4359 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I may even be able to get over the actor video clips, but must have some of these callouts, they are just too good and I just can't see voice actors filling in for these. At the very least Ripley and Hudson (Hicks would be great) are absolute musts haves. Hopefully if they can't be added in production, then they can be added later. These quotes would really add to the fun factor immensely.
“We’re on an express elevator to hell, going down!”
“Get away from her, you bitch.”
“I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.”
“MARINES. We are LEAVING.”
“That’s inside the room.”
“Oh, great. Wonderful. SHIT!”
"Game over man game over!"
"Eat This!"
"Think of what? We're f**ked!"
EDIT - Another good one from Vasquez "Lets Rock!!" At the start of a multiball.

You left out one of my favorites:

"Why don't you put her in charge?"

11 months later
#9768 2 years ago

Armchair quarterback here, but the focus should be on the Xenomorph head. I wouldn't do anything that detracts from it. Rather, I would suggest that they try and enhance it. Heck, remove the toy to the left and animate the Xenomorph. Perhaps have the head swing to the left when not in multiball mode and swing to the lock position when the lock is lit. Cut all illumination in the game and strobe it with some flashers as it swings over. Scary!

Make that toy come alive and everyone will forget about whatever you were planning on putting in that space.

#9896 2 years ago

I don't see why you can't have a dedicated cabinet that is still swap-able, the only issue would be mismatched artwork. I agree that Alien done correctly would be a showcase machine, completely deserving of a dedicated cabinet.

2 weeks later
#10044 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Not too much strobe, please!
sincerely,
A GOT owner

It shouldn't strobe the player. The playfield, display, and back box should be totally dark with a flasher spotlight strobing on the alien as it eats the ball.

4 months later
#14096 2 years ago

Can someone clarify the status of flashers in this game? Is there a chance they won't be added? Why were flashers not in the game from the beginning?

I cannot understand why anyone would build a machine without flashers.

#14136 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Liked all the Alien, Aliens movies (some more than others)....even Prometheus. This one, really missed the mark to me. Ok, so it told the back story to how these buggers came into existence. But not a great deal of suspense building to a good climax. I literally closed my eyes and almost fell asleep during the first third of the move. It was ok, but nothing special 6.5-----C+....just ok.

Plenty of flaws, but I really enjoyed it. Prometheus as well. But, then again I'm a big fan of Fassbender.

#14169 2 years ago

Does anyone have information on flashers for this machine?

#14171 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

There are no flashers.

Is it known if they can or will be added at some point?

2 years later
#25195 8 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

The idea with the Xeno flasher is not new, someone told me that heighway had planned a stroboscope effect for this.

Yeah. I meantioned it two years ago. I thought it was the biggest oversight in the design of the game.

Quoted from alveolus:

The playfield, display, and back box should be totally dark with a flasher spotlight strobing on the alien as it eats the ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middleborough, MA
$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside