DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zampinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 9 years ago

^^^^ RyThom
Yes! Modes changing the LCD to 'Mother/motion detector' done right, would really get the pulse rate going! It's little details like this that can really make a theme like Alien (classic) come 'Alive'.

#106 9 years ago

Do we know how much a playfield kit is? I'm pulling the trigger on FT & part of the reason is to buy Alien playfield to swap out. Cool idea! If priced right.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But I haven't seen your playfield art, and can't wait to, so I'll try and hold back my enthusiasm for suggesting stuff!

Liar! No you won't, nor should you. You've had some great ideas!

#117 9 years ago

A Fish Tales is high on my want list! It would look great next to my BBH! Red neck pinball!

#179 9 years ago

I'm going FT 'Standard' & adding the Alien Playfield when available. I really think this company has some great Ideas! They are going to gain a ton of traction in the market place, IF they can get games out in a timely manner. No other company but Stern has been able to do that. Of course Sterns games have major code issues for 18 months after the fact, so.......
Oh & I will be painting the armor Lime Green

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I hope this works out. As a Full Throttle owner getting a full-blown game like Alien with multiple toys, LCD screen, LED lights, etc. for $3900 is pretty sweet. Hell the all-in-one price of $6100 is pretty darn good.
I would think the shipping costs would be significantly reduced as well, thankfully.
I hope you can keep titles #3 and beyond below the $4k... that is a good psychological threshold to stay below.

Yes on all levels frolic! The shiping of playfields should be able to go Ground instead of freight, which equals lower shipping costs & much faster delivery times. Might I suggest FedEx Ground.

#263 9 years ago

So, what does everyone think of the pricing on the playfields? You can own 2 pins, 1 cab for roughly $10,000.

#264 9 years ago

Also, here's some Alien eye candy I posted in the other thread. It's a 9' foot tall all metal Alien made from motorcycle parts! It's owned by a cool pinsider ( V8chopper )

239.jpeg239.jpeg 244.jpeg244.jpeg
#275 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Sounded like they won't be having much of a christmas holiday at heighway, trying to get those games out and get some money coming in.

Welcome to being in business for yourself! My last vacation was 19 years ago, on our honeymoon. Lol

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm #44, the Iceman, George Gervin, don't expect too many pinheads to understand that!

Finger roll!

7 months later
#1087 8 years ago

I could care less about drop targets. I love Spinners & Wire ramps!!! I hope both are there.

#1091 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Dont blame the spinners.

Blame the programmer!

3 weeks later
#1128 8 years ago

Its official, Alien LE #23 checking in!

#1184 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I'm #187, but I ordered early enough that mine will be in the first container of customer games shipped to the states.

Correct. I'm #23 & ordered mine this week. You are slotted by order date not LE #.

#1191 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's too logical and too late for me... .........probably wise advise, however.....
For me ( live in Asheville) no way in hell would there have been one close to me to play before the LE's would be gone....I can't think of a title that appeals to me more...had to go for it, once I knew that Andrew and Company were legit....

Yes! And I was Very impressed with Full Throttle(FTse on order), Alien will only be better & that's an exciting prospect! It was a gamble pre-ordering before the pin was fully revealed, but I'm comfortable with my decision.

#1209 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Since this is one off my all time favorite movies i also want this in your game
alien.jpg

Those are all pretty cool, especially the lock/kickback!

#1219 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I was going to show them, but decided against it - so as to not risk upsetting FOX.
They are translucent, molded eggs that sit on top of the pop bumpers.
We have 5 strong LEDs in each pop bumper body - so we can have a whole range of lighting effects inside the eggs. Initial lighting tests have gone very well. Glowing ... pulsing eggs - we think they look great!

If Alien LE was in my game room tomorrow, it would be a long Wait!! I can't wait to receive my Alien LE!
I'm just glad I'll have Full Throttle to keep busy until it shows up.

#1222 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I can see it now. The eggs glowing a dark brown with a slow soft gold pulsing like a sleeping hearbeat and a still darker color that jumps from side to side a bit randomly every now and again to simulate tiny face huggers shifting about in their post larval form... Suddenly a "grenade" comes bouncing in their little chamber area rattling around and Pow... Bang... Splat... bright Green flashes of acid blood blind your eyes, a long high pitched curdling hissed scream of anguish starts rising from some far corner as the unseen Queen reacts in a hot rage. The shaker motor starts tracing her foot steps as she gets closer. The motion tracker is pinging showing movement in front and behind and then WHOOOSHHH! ... a cloud of fog eminates from underneath your pin and starts to spread through out your immediate surroundings. You forget what your supposed to be doing because mother just activated the warning Klaxon and yellow flashes of light from revolving beacons are chasing shadows all around the room causing your throat to constrict because the reflections from those beacons are bouncing back and forth at you from the mirrored translight... and whats this? ...the translight is pulsing and glowing... it's been mimicking what the eggs were doing this whole time...
Or not, ...I'm just thinking that could be cool. Or the pop bumpers could make gun noises. Perhaps different light show and sounds for different modes.
Muahahaha... There really are no limits! Just imagination!
I'm hoping there will be a great surround sound mix to take advantage of the hi-fi hookup capabilities.

Good Stuff! I really like the idea of the pop bumpers changing noises per mode.

#1234 8 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I said this before and I'll say it again. I watch this thread like a hawk because I'm REALLY wanting to see how this pin turns out. I LOVE the Alien films and the idea of those flashers lighting up my gameroom as I blast the alien creatures while being accompanied by the pulse rifle sound effect after a well placed pinball shot (Who am I kidding, I suck at pinball). The movie sound effects alone would be enough to make this pin ROCK!! Love the idea of the egg pop bumpers, plus the mod ideas mentioned by Star Gazer of possible toys on the pin. (Andrew, sign that boy up). If I wasn't so paranoid about pre-ordering a pin again, I would have sent my money in. I know once the playfield specs and pics are released I'll give in just from the excitement of playing an Alien pin.
Still, I want Andrew and team to take their time and make this right. For us video game nerds, I don't want another Alien:Colonial Marines fiasco (if you guys know what I mean). Plus, it gives me time to save my money up to get this bad boy.

I agree, but I would be concerned with the LE's selling out quickly after pics/videos of the playfield are released. I can see the remaining LE's selling out in a day after the announcement. To me putting down $1500 to secure an LE early was a no brainer.

#1250 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I hear what you're saying. The hype hasn't taken hold on me, just peaking my interest on a dream theme pin. Valid points for sure, but it's not really a "pre-order" since I'm not required to pay in full. More like an "LE reservation" for a small deposit, which is fully refundable if you change your mind. That's the key point. There really isn't much risk, and I think it's a nice option. As far as the upgrades, I'd probably guess that after you pay for the LE feature upgrades to a standard (along with a 2nd LED for the backbox), you'll probably be pretty close to the same price as the LE, so why not just make a deposit?
But seeing the current playfield schematic would really tempt me to bite on a LE tho

Right. Not pre-ordering, but a fully refundable reservation. That's a great way to put it. Very little risk involved.

#1252 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Every time I see someone post this I think of Shit-B and JPop, both of those were supposed to be 100% refundable also. I know, I know, apples and oranges comparing those two to Heighway. But, it's enough to keep me from putting down my refundable reservation.

No offense, but $1,500 is not going to hurt me financially. So I say again very Little risk. But I see your point.

#1269 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

#LV223 here. I cant wait to play this thing.
Is there an option to have the fog machine spit acid instead of fog?
--Jeff

I laughed out loud on that one! Can we confirm that the fog machine can be swapped out with an acid machine?
Welcome to the club!

#1319 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My bad, I missed that we were specifically talking about the LE I guess. Honestly I have no insights nor am I qualified to speak on the pricing, so I'll just stay out of it.

Now that's how you discuss matters with a lawyer. (RobT=Lawyer. Right?)
Having said that, I don't think a $200 increase in price is a cause for debate. Let's just wait & see the pin, maybe we'll all feel that Alien LE is under priced!

#1326 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Then don't jump into the debate! I don't necessarily have an issue with the price increase. Other manufacturers have increased the price of their offerings as they get further along in the development process or as certain milestones are reached. Usually the increase is announced before it happens. This $200 increase just seems arbitrary. As far as I can tell Alien has not reached any milestones from the consumer perspective: Game announced with initial shot layout and pre-orders taken at initial price- lots of hyperbole about the game design thrown around on Internet forums and game expos - arbitrary price increase! See? no milestones.

Wasn't talking to you. Need a hug? Free hugs & candy!

#1328 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

My bad. I thought this was a forum thread. Guess I didn't realize I was in a PM discussion between you and Aurich.

That's right! A Forum thread, for All to discuss & debate.

#1329 8 years ago

By the way I paid the extra $200, I got in last week on my Alien LE.

#1347 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

That was 1993. A new Mustang GT was $15,000.

Right! & a gallon of milk was $.99

#1391 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pin A that has an LCD display over Pin B that doesn't gets my money going forward.
Yeah it's a big F ing deal
How great would TWD or ST be with it?
Sorry, the era of DMD and Atari are OVER!
I played pong in the eighties, I want LCD in my pins now. Obviously some have figured it out.

I agree Ice! I spoke with my wallet. 2 pins ordered from Heighway, zero from Stern.

#1402 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

WOZ's screen is too big. DMD's are too dated. I think Dutch pinball's screen is the best of both worlds.

+1! That is a great screen!

#1403 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Any notions on alien preview of finished pf, any animations, or cab art? I'm assuming licensing isn't THAT slow. Weeks turn to months turn to, well, you get it.
Just concerned the time for excitement may pass by for this title like a few others if things progress too slowly?
Always the issue I guess with announcing a title way too early.
I wish heighway the best and hope their timing works out!

That's a valid point Underlord. My patience is holding just fine, but if things drag too long interest from prospective buyers & pre-orders can get tense.

#1407 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

If the LED screen is going on the backbox too it would look great with supporting artwork around it along with the backglass. FTH just had ( from the pics I saw) a black area around the smaller LCD screen. Made the screen look tinier than it was.

True. It was an add on from suggestions from pinsiders after FTH release. I imagine Aurich & crew will implement it better moving forward, starting w Alien.

#1410 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Hopefully you won't have to imagine much longer...

I know, right! It's killing me!

#1419 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

That's already the case with the air-lock LCD and playfield LCD. I remember reading an interview with Andrew and him saying something along the lines that the video outputs would not support 3 different LCD feeds. 2 feeds plus one duplicated, yes.

I hadn't heard that, I hope that's the case.

#1432 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I am hoping for a cad drawing of the new playfield design first. Can't imagine that the license crowd have any problems with that?
Since we have already seen the first drawing and many of us(at least me) bought this pin after seeing that first drawing of the playfield, it would be nice to see the changes since then.

I agree. I don't think that's being unreasonable. I'm sure we'll get some additional information soon.

1 week later
#1475 8 years ago

The changes look to have made improvements across the entire playfield. Now I'm even more excited to see the playfield populated & with the final art. Great work, keep it up!

#1540 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but for the extra cheddar of an LE I'd want toys and features not found on the standard. Make LE mean something not just have different art. But that may be just me.

That's true, but only because Stern has "conditioned" you to think that way. Just saying.

I think All pins should have the same game play features. If you want to drop some extra $ to get a pimped out Alien or whatever in an LE model, then more power to you. However, you should NOT have to drop extra $ to get a complete playfield & features! Sterns pro vs. Premium/LE is really not good business.

#1542 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is there going to be a prototype at EXPO in October? I would think by now Andrew has decided if he's going to EXPO and what he will ship... Maybe its too soon for a prototype?

An Alien Prototype @ Expo would be a Home Run!!! I sure hope they can get one there, it would be a game changer to those that are looking for a NIB pin!

#1568 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I got #125. 426 was taken. Huh.

Welcome to the party!

#1571 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thank you Zamp.
I'm digging chrome trim. Alien teeth were chrome like! Green just isn't doin it for me, too Shrek-ish.

I like the green, but I think the chrome would look sharp!

#1628 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Will their be a traditional knocker. If not could make it easy to add one thanks.

Interesting request. I agree. Go ahead & put knockers in all of Heighways pins, or a real cool sounding Stereo effect through the speakers would be neat too. Anything but a similar sounding squawk like on Sterns please.

#1651 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Do we know if The game will RGB LEDs?

Aurich knows the system in detail, but from what I understand it's a Very complex system with Millions of color options! I can't wait to see it!

1 week later
#1692 8 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

Sure was a Wow factor!
There's a full report of yesterday's briefing and more about the new Alien machine here:
http://pavlovpinball.com/alien-pinball-lastest-news/

Great read! Thsnks for posting.

#1701 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Am I the only one that really wants the Lime Green Powder coated look?

No! I think the Lime Green looks great!

2 weeks later
#1792 8 years ago

Aurich,
Quick question on the LE art work. Is the entire cab going to be used as a canvas or just the illuminated side panels? Wouldn't it be cool if the LE artwork encased the entire side of the cab & the illuminated panels brought it to life/effects to the art. On know FTLE that wasn't the case, but what a cool idea, & I hope you & Heighway consider it.

#1793 8 years ago
Quoted from Christian_Skov:

Dont know if this video has already been posted. But here it is (again)
Heighway Pinball, Seminar at ReplayFX
Alien info starts at 32:49
» YouTube video

Thanks for sharing that. I had seen this, but it gets the excitement level back to where it needs to be! This pin has a great opportunity to shake things up in the pinball community. Look @ that layout & listen to Andrew describe the features with the lighting effects! I can't wait for this pin to be revealed & the reaction its going to get from the pinball community.

#1837 8 years ago

^^^^What he said! Great idea, that wouldn't be too hard to implement with the equipment Heighway has in house. We can hope.

#1853 8 years ago

If there was ever a perfect time to give an update on Alien pinball on pinside.com, it's today. After the whole GOT art saga, it would be a beautiful thing if Andrew had/could give an update/pic of Alien pinball. Makes no difference to me, but it would be a wise move for a young company, if possible.

#1856 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Eh. This is Stern's moment, no real reason to try and cut in on it. Alien will stand on its own when it's ready.

True, but the business man/competitor in me says, GO!

#1878 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Anyone know how much shipping is here to the US for these?

Right around $300 from what I've heard

#1902 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well if it never sells out then we screwed something up badly!
I doubt it will sell out until after the full game is revealed. Then I personally hope it sells out fast! Who knows though.

I think Andrew said he was talking with someone, but I'm not sure. I know he intends to sell games worldwide, and has been talking with a lot of people. Beyond that I couldn't be more specific.

This is subject to change once we've play tested further, but right now the thinking is that you'd pick your film at the beginning, and then need to finish it before you could do the other one in the same game. But you can start with either, depending on your mood.
There are also things to do outside of modes that will draw from both films, but won't be in the mode tree.
I'm sure we'll talk about the rules more later, but probably not until there's been more testing and coding, so we can change and tweak as we see fit without worrying about people expecting things that we've told them about.

Sounds similar to Transformers

#1908 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've never played Transformers, so I couldn't say. Given its rep though I think we'll stay away from comparisons to it.

Lol! It's a fun pin, I own a LE. It's unique, because it does feel like 2 different pins. Sure the shots are similar, but the call outs, sounds, & dots are totally different. It's a great idea for Alien! And I'm sure there will be no comparison in final product, Alien will be far superior!

#1911 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Picked up one of these on a recent visit to Charleston....will have to do until the pin arrives:
image.jpg

But do you have a 8' Alien? Me neither, it's a fellow pinsiders, & unreal! Hand crafted from metal motorcycle parts!

030001da.jpg030001da.jpg

030001e3.jpg030001e3.jpg

#1913 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man...awesome ( mine on steroids)....afraid I couldn't own that one...( really afraid)....

I know... right? It's perfect, when you walk into his game room... it's standing on your left surprising/greeting you!

#1938 8 years ago

A ramp that comes straight back @ you, like WPT left ramp, Sopranos right ramp, LOTR left ramp.

#1939 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's fair to call it a split between Dennis and Dave. And I think that's a good thing. I'm a big fan of Dennis too, I've owned several of his pins, and played a ton more. One of the most creative designers out there, truly one of the greats. How many people could have designed White Water? In the early 90s too, without modern 3D tech. Amazing.
I'm really looking forward to flipping it now with the changes Dave made though.

Yes. I'm excited to see what Dave designs in the future. It seems Heighway has a true asset in Dave. It's very possible that we look back in 5-10 years, & he & Heighway has designed some top rated pins. The future looks bright for pin heads & Heighway pinball!

#1994 8 years ago

Now, go back & watch the video again. Look @ how good that clear coat looks on the playfield coming out of the crate! Holy sh@t that looks like glass!

#2022 8 years ago

One bit of trivia for you ...
We had a lot of fun in the studio doing the sound recordings. We also recorded an x-rated sound package - which was a lot of fun. By the end of the set, Alex (Valentino) had descended in to Scarface's Tony Montana. It was hilarious.
One day soon, we'd like to release the package as an unlockable extra (with a child safe code, or similar, to unlock it!)

I approve!

#2068 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I can imagine hooks on the wall to hang the beautiful playfields.

Yes! They should make a kit that you can plug in the wall & run power to the playfield. Can you imagine it on the wall hanging lit up!? That would be sweet!

#2093 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Isn't one of them supposed to be South Park?

Heighway has commented on a couple occasions saying, they are working on a "adult" themed cartoon that has been done as a pin before. To me the most logical is South Park. Look at TSPP, Data East had done it, then Stern came alone and made it into a masterpiece. The same could be done with SP. It would sell like hot cakes, I sure hope they do it, it would be a great move & a $ maker for a young company!

#2120 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Pinball on a Stick released their earnings report for the MN State Fair and SP earned as much as KISS and Star Trek. Only 1% lower than TWD.
This game, more than any other, proves that theme + truly accessible gameplay is a winning combination on location.
Heighway can really take advantage here; it's a proven earner on location and a desirable theme for collectors.

11140009_1048856635132932_1768467766303455488_n.jpg

+1

#2138 8 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

My Alien LE "might" be headed out to location. If I can part with it.

Your a true entrepreneur! I could never do that with mine.

#2173 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Not sure what the "concerned" means. I got my first chance to play and just gave my straight-forward opinions. My only concern is if it was fun enough to pay to play. I'm glad Heighway pays attention to feedback and might address issues. I'll look forward to play an updated machine. I am still surprised people think it plays fast, especially with the awkward ramp-end to inlane transition, that was the most notable slow down in my opinion.

All he meant was your the 1st person to have commented negatively on the speed of the pin. ALL other reviewers to date have noted that it is crazy fast, they can't believe its a wide body. Heck, even Highway decided to change the theme of the pin to Full Throttle from something else because of its speed & flow.

2 weeks later
#2273 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Or the other way around
Hoping to receive my FT in about 6 weeks. Very excited about it

Yes! I'm can't wait to get my FTse!

#2311 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Draw what you saw and post it here....

Yes! Like one of those court room sketches on the 6 O'clock news but much worse, I'm sure.

#2313 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Me drawing? Far worse than anything you can dream of

LoL! Me too my friend, me too. I draw awkwardly proportioned stick figures!

#2337 8 years ago

+1^^^^ I agree, I really like the art on Full Throttle.

1 week later
#2532 8 years ago

As good as the "big" LCD looks, I don't believe I will be ordering one. The Heighway system is designed with the LCD in the playfield, which I think is a Great idea. To have the "big" LCD just mirroring the playfield LCD display, is of no value to me. I would rather have a "Big" backglass. Now if they were two separate feeds part/all of the time, that would be Awesome, & it would make the "big" LCD a must. So until they confirm two separate feeds, I think I'll pass on the "big" LCD.
It's great to have options though! Kudos to Heighway on this!

#2569 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That was my assumption too. Still, very cool that she brought up pinball.

Unless I read that wrong. It's an interview about the recent Alien Isolation video game, & she mentions the UK company making the Alien pinball game. So yeah, really cool that she is aware of it.

#2625 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

For the preorder folks:
If Heighway removed the playfield screen but gave you the small screen in backglass as an included feature but offered the large screen as an upgrade, would this be a deal breaker?

It's Never going to happen. It's their trademark design feature & a cornerstone to their design philosophy.

1 week later
#2677 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Pretty sure there's a motocross/dirt bike mode on Full Throttle, small part of it but it's in there

Yes. The jump ramp on No Fear is a blast! There is also a motocross mode on Full Throttle.

1 month later
#3217 8 years ago

I love the modular idea! My Aliens LE will stand intact, my Full Throttle se will be swapped out with other titles.

#3218 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Doesn't look like it will fit between the legs, so have to come in from side but I guess that's not surprising/expected.
Maybe they should sell a rack that takes up 1 pinball slot and holds 6 games or so

Or a hanger that allows you to display it like wall art with a plug in to the wall to light it.

#3225 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What i really hope is that we eventually see a wooly kit!

Yes! That would make my day!

#3268 8 years ago
Quoted from nonik:

Hi guys, what are the differences Standard Edition vs Limited Edition? i read the webpage but, there are few difference no?
The Playfield and "toys" is the same in both editions?
im really interested to buy it, if i buy the FT pinball.... how much the playfield of Alien pinball? is the same of LE?
Im statue collector, and, this is the perfect statue for the Alien Pinball
Very thanks and sorry for my english.

21563114773_26481a523f_o_(resized).jpg

1) Killer Statue!
2) Playfields are the same, minus fiberoptic ramp lights. Same toys, same everything.
3) Playfield kits are 60% of the Full purchase price.
4) Welcome to the Aliens thread!

#3270 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Do you think this pin is coming in 2016?

Yes! No doubt!

#3289 8 years ago
Quoted from nonik:

Very thanks zampinator, im thinking about it, i dont know if wait to the alien, or buy the FT LE (with the paint black), and, when I can buy Alien, buy only the playfield.
And, what do you think about the backglass with 27" screen? im not quite convinced, the original backglass is beautiful, and i see the 27" very very big for show the same pictures than the playfield screen, i dont like it, maybe, if in new updates show different information will be very interesting, you know?

I agree. I'm not a big fan of the 27" LCD, especially if all it does is mirror the Playfield LCD. I appreciate the backglass art & find it odd to have it missing, & that's why I ordered a Full Throttle se with No 2nd screen.
I did pre order an Alien LE with the small backglass LCD. But at this time I'm not a fan of that huge 27" void where custom art is suppose to be. Just my $.02

#3314 8 years ago

Buy a Full Throttle now to sit through the wait for Alien

Yep, I couldn't agree more! From the videos I've seen Full Throttle looks like a blast & I can't wait to receive mine! As an added bonus I feel like I've invested in Heighways future including my Alien LE pre-order.
I've considered ordering the Bacardi game for these same reasons. 1) It looks fun 2) I'm investing a small amount of capital in a upstart company I believe in. I really believe that Heighway Pinball has the technology to compete against Stern & JJP. The second Alien is revealed, & if it looks & shoots half as good as it does in my mind, its going to send a shock wave through the Pinball industry!

#3318 8 years ago

Sorry, really not a fan of Full Throttle theme.
Can you confirm Alien has 2 or 3 ramps from The initial description?
Can you tell me what means The point 6 of this description?
Thanks

3 ramps I believe: C,D,H.
Points 6 simply means: you can backhand that return ramp "H" that feeds back to the right flipper.

#3322 8 years ago

Thanks.
So For Alien it means that you can hit H with The right flipper to feed...right flipper? Sorry i did not understand something.

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Like on Sopranos or LOTR, same type of ramp.

#3325 8 years ago

Do you have a guess of what can be The lock?

Good read here!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-rule-set

9ced2d13bd57cb6eea5e95931391a64d779b29b4_(resized).jpg9ced2d13bd57cb6eea5e95931391a64d779b29b4_(resized).jpg

#3356 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That is correct.
For me, I'm getting a standard with the large screen, I will be framing my translite and hanging it next to my Alien pin. Best of both worlds.
LE owners can frame both and I'm sure Aurich's LE art will be something to behold. Even better for those guys.

Damn it man! I think you just convinced me on the 27" LCD! Good idea.

#3368 8 years ago

Another update for everyone.
We have had no less than 27 submissions approved by FOX within the last 24 hours - including the playfield art.
This represents a huge step forwards for the game.
It *may* be possible to show you playfield art next week. We are pushing hard for this.
I will update you as soon as we have more news.

Fantastic news! A huge milestone for this project & Heighway Pinball! Congrats!
Get ready in the front office, cause orders for Alien are going to come flying in!

#3476 8 years ago
Quoted from Kylo_Ren:

How many of you guys have deposits down? Think the LE will sell out once art is revealed? Trying to decide on this pin.

Deposit in 6 months ago!
It will sell out fast!

#3482 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Deposit in over a year ago
Because I wanted to support Heighway and I love the Alien theme.
This is a typical stupid statement

It's only $money$ Ice I'll make more tomorrow.

#3487 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like it! Great attitude.
And I'm with you but I doubt it "sells out fast"

Only time will tell.

#3490 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Be nice Ice...that's not being nice. Just got back from Modern. Good times. Really enjoyed GOT. TWD was fun, but man the drain out of the pots is sooooo annoying.

You have to nudge with your right hand at the last second coming out of the pops & you can save it 90% of the time. I really miss my TWD LE! It's a damn good time sniping walkers!

#3529 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

How close to being done is this pin? Is there a tentative release date? Not trolling, just trying to get a sense. Art is approved on playfield but sounds like plastics / cabinet have to be started. Who's doing the code? What have they done before?

That's a good question. The white wood has been around for months, & it has had improvements done to it. I remember Andrew saying the toys were done in a thread months ago, including the egg pop bumpers. Might not take that many more months to crank this thing out, & get a playable prototype.

#3570 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I just ordered an Alien LE. Why? Just in case. haha you guys are so silly. Go watch football and get the F off Pinside right now.

Makes me Not want an Alien!

#3585 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You guys that have ordered an LE, are you ordering from Cointaker or direct from the website? Or is there another preferred method?

Ordered from Heighways website.

#3768 8 years ago

I think the playfield looks fantastic! It's going to look even better populated with all the toys & plastics! The inserts are amazing, love the artwork on them!
I can't wait to see a completed prototype flipping the ball around with the RGB lights doing their thing! Well done sir!

#3873 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Sooooo anyone overlayed the shot map yet?

Yes! Can one of you computer savvy Pinsiders please do this?

#4033 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ahem. I was going to write somethings about the thinking behind the art, but now I think I'm going to call it a night, go play some SFIV, and then I think I have a call with Nate for C2C, see how that goes.
Thanks for the comments everyone!

I think it looks really good, & its going to look great populated!
You took a lot of negative & rude criticism today like a true gentleman, & for that you earned a ton of respect from me & many other Pinsiders.

#4389 8 years ago
Quoted from MES:

Watched the Giger movie on Netflix last night. Very insightful. Very interested in the final game.

What's the title of the movie?

#4515 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes!
So the logo is just here for reference, but here is what the backglass looks like with the screen in it. So it will need a new design obviously. It needs to feel connected to the Standard, but I'm working now on how that will go.
IMG_4481_(resized).JPG

The 27"?

#4563 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Noticed it at entertainmentearth. Lots to look at there.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?theme=Alien+%2F+Aliens
Also saw a new alien/aliens nicely detailed diecast line but the apc and ships are all supposed to be 6 inches long each. Might be a tad too large for a pin playfield mod, the drop ship and space jockey sure look cool and I think the drop ship includes a mini apc inside it. Hoping the next series in that metal diecast line has the nostromo and sulaco ships. ...I'm such a nerd.

Cool website! I'm a big Punisher fan & found this! Punisher meets Pinball! lol

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DC10755#.VqJK8I-cGCg

#4572 8 years ago

Here's something for the weekend...
Mechanism testing for Alien Pinball - here we see an up/down post divert a ball at different speeds into the Chestburster magnet
» YouTube video

That's a Strong Magnet! It's pulling that ball out of orbit, & stopping it on a dime! Impressive!

#4574 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Don't put your VHS tapes on the glass!

No kidding! Or you cellphone!

#4576 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Pretty sure a post is popping up that diverts the ball to the magnet.

Lol! Good eye! I missed the post popping up completely.

3 weeks later
#4717 8 years ago

Looks nice! We cant wait to see it populated!

How many coats of clear coat are applied? I unboxed my Full Throttle last night & I couldn't believe how good that playfield looks! It looks like glass over top of the playfield!

#4774 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Would have been nice to see the classic queen profile with the iconic elongated skull & the extendo dentures thing shooting out the mouth...

There will be a mechanical toy in the top center of the playfield that will fill that void! It will snap out & grab the ball with a magnet hidden in it's mouth! It should look pretty Sick! I can't wait to see it!

#4775 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

The amount of clear on the playfield looks impressive! Much better than Stern. This looks like glass!

I can attest to the quality of the clear coat 1st hand. I received my Full Throttle 2 days ago & the 1st thing my wife & I noticed is the clear coat on the playfield, it is thick & looks like a sheet of glass! It looks like something that came from Ron Kruzman! It's a high enough quality that there isn't 1 piece of mylar Anywhere! I'd say they are confident in the quality & durability of their clear coat.

#4817 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Not the 2 that this pin is based on...Apparently the mood around here is to just be happy with what you do get, and if you don't like it, Don't buy it!

Yes & No. The sound FX & Movie clips Will be there. The playfield isn't going to be a scrapbook collection of Photoshopped pics of the actors, & I'm thankful for that! It's an Aliens pin, not a Sigorney Weaver/ Bill Paxton pin (that could be a cool pin also! Lol). It's space, it's Dark, your a Marine fighting for your life against a horde of Aliens; Xenomorphs, Face Huggers, Chest Bursters, etc.
It's going to be Awesome!!!
Good F***ing Luck Marine!

1 week later
#4903 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Sounds like a South Park reference ... which might not be irrelevant to matters Heighway.

It's rumored they have the license! Wouldn't that make for a great pin! From what I understand the old Sega version still does well on route!

#4934 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So everything seems to be moving along nicely
Is there an updated timeline yet as to when we might see production and then shipping? I know there is many a slip between the cup and the lip but in broad time frames?
The software guys. Spooky has done a phenomenal job with code.
We always break down and praise or bitch about Stern code.
What is the goal/expectation for Alien? We have all seen what guys like Keith and Lyman can do for a pin.
Are we even gonna be in the ballpark of those guys?

If Full Throttle is any indication, yeah we are definitely in the ball park! I'm very impressed with my Full Throttle out of the box (1.3). Now I've had to tweak the ball guides & some leaf switches, but overall it's been unbelievable!

#4962 8 years ago

I agree folic. I think they have more to loose than to gain by rushing a Alien prototype that isn't operating right & let the public play it.
But.
Why not bring it & put it on display in attract mode with some Bad Ass clips playing from the movie!
Also bring a dialed in Full Throttle. All the bugs are work out & this pin is just crazy fun to shoot!

1 week later
#5088 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

$1500 Tied up on thin air, that's my thought. Why tie up any money based on pre-order history? Just buy it when it's available or at the very least place $1500 down once an actual complete game is shown?

It's not tied up in thin air. It's buying machinery & parts, it's paying payroll, utilities, & taxes, all very important & costly items for a new company. I'm invested in their success or failure in a company I believe in, on a dream theme. At the end of the day, $1,500 is a small amount to put down/invest in Alien & Heighway Pinball, & it's fun to feel like your vested in the project.

#5097 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

And Aurich brought a lot of it on himself.

So two wrongs make a right?!?

#5135 8 years ago

This was shown at TPF tonight during the Alien presentation by Heighway Pinball!
It grabs & locks the ball!!

5c76ed1941739407e63253d483f60744ecdc3400.jpeg_(resized).jpg5c76ed1941739407e63253d483f60744ecdc3400.jpeg_(resized).jpg

#5155 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Does another alien mouth thing pop out of that mouth and grab the ball?

Yes. It has a magnet & grabs the ball!

#5159 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I've bought direct from Heighway. Cointaker is US distributor.

+1

#5167 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Heighway are charging exceptionally reasonable air freight fees to the US. I suspect it may be cheaper to go direct with them.

$230 to my door from the U.K!

#5176 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I was under the impression that the magnet was in the playfield, in front of the head.

That magnet holds the ball still, & then the inner mouth comes out & snatches the ball into its mouth. In my mind it's looking pretty damn cool after seeing this Alien head!

#5182 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

I'd really like to see that Alien head on the playfield or next to something of known size to get a better handle on the perspective. The thing looks huge, and I worry that it might really dominate the playfield.

It won't dominate it any more than:
Castle(MM)
Prison (TWD)
Ring Master(CV)
Demon Head(KISS)
It's a wide body & it's going to look awesome!

#5184 8 years ago

Yeeeaahh this pin is going to be I think Heighway is again going to lift the bar.
Good times for pinball

Yep. They hit a homerun with Full Throttle! Aliens is going to be a walk off Grandslam! (Baseball season)

#5191 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

^ hahaha. Nice Vid.

You state this as fact. How can you do that? You might very well turn out to be correct, but until I see that head on the playfield, I remain concerned that it's going to look out of proportion similar to things like the Magneto figure on XM.

How can you state your concerns? Oh yeah, its a forum! It's a rebuttal to your initial remarks. I pointed out several pins with very large toys that "work" quite well. Plus I already own a Heighway pin, & it is pure pinball genius! Fact! So my faith in them is much higher than yours.

#5196 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Let's hope but it was never stated the ball goes into anything. Another interpretation is the tongue comes out and catches the ball and holds it on the magnet where it can remain locked or flung away from the sculpture. It would be nice if the ball appeared to be gobbled up but does the playfield cutouts appear to support that sort of operation? Look what it says on item "J" from Heighways last shot map posted in this thread:
ef52917ce3fe09ead499e164ea77210a47d91bcd_(resized).jpg
71386bf75d9c5370ec5a51b6092953579f66c7ae_(resized).jpg
I'm guessing the ball is held by the tongue in the green area on the playfield maked "J" on the shot map when the popup targets are down.
It would be neat to tongue snatch the ball and drop it under the playfield from under the head sculpture to reappear elsewhere but it doesn't appear to be designed that way. Can't see too much in the area to infer from our latest playfield video:
» YouTube video
But who knows? All we have of the underside of the playfield is this:
309aa9855fef43b623f5ba8f91819dfe870fcf43_(resized).jpg
...and there seems to be a lot going on in that area.
I have no doubt that within the context of the game with the audio and lighting, this mechanism will be a spectacular effect and make people jump a bit each time the ball is captured and held or even when it is missed by the tongue strike!

Tongue = "inner mouth"
If it comes out, why can't it go back in with the ball & hold it?

#5202 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I'm with you pal! I hope that is the way it operates. Perhaps the tongue moves on an arc so it clears the lower teeth with the ball. I'm just controlling my expectations and trying to work through how it might operate with the information given. Maybe we might get some clarification before imaginations and speculations spin out of control.
I for one will have the pin transform into a Caterpillar P-5000 Work Loader and wrestle with you while you're trying to play if I don't keep my deeply disturbed imagination in check.
aliens-ripley-queen-ft_1193711384_(resized).jpg

It's true. A person's imagination exceeds all expectations. It won't operate as I'm seeing it in my mind's eye, but I'm sure it will be cool. I agree, we need to see the entire playfield soon.

#5206 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Damn thats a really good shipping price! Did they mention anything about VAT or taxes added on? If its just pin price + low ass shipping price, thats pretty amazing being shipped to door from the UK!

Pin price Plus $230 for air freight to my door in Michigan in 9 total days(7 business days). No other fees!
Killer price!

#5216 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

No. There is a big round hole in the playfield, just above the lcd, right below the flipper
Nothing there in the cad, but it is there on the cut playfield. almost looks like a pop bumper cut-out

A picture of a planet.

#5221 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I do feel a bit stupid now
The moon got the better of me. Tricked by the moon. etc

Lol! Is it a sphere or flat?

1 month later
#5419 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I wonder reliable how the under-playfield switches will be over time. Very cool though.

So far so good. I've had zero issues with the switches.

#5440 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Does Alien have a spinner? If not it certainly should.

Yes. On the Left Orbit "C".

9ced2d13bd57cb6eea5e95931391a64d779b29b4_(resized).jpg9ced2d13bd57cb6eea5e95931391a64d779b29b4_(resized).jpg

#5452 8 years ago

I sure hope we get an update tomorrow. It is needed!

1 week later
#5550 7 years ago

This is now the porn trivia thread. Today's topic: Traci Lords, discuss.

#5591 7 years ago

Great update! Thank you

1 week later
#5906 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

How great would it have been to have Nordman see this machine to completion. It's a shame, but we can be grateful for the early input he provided...it lends confidence to the final product. I'm getting more and more excited to see/play this thing as time goes on.

I agree. But what Dave Sanders has done with Full Throttle as his 1st pin design, is just pure genius. Full Throttle is one of the best shooting pins I have ever played! With Dave & his team taking over the reigns from Dennis, I think we are in very good hands. I can't wait to get my Alien pin!

3 weeks later
#6478 7 years ago
Quoted from zaterminator:

Question, is it better to send the deposit directly to Heighway or go through Cointaker? Impact to warranty issues or things like that? In emailing with Heighway, I wanted to do airfreight shipping so not sure how that effects everything. I am just going to go ahead and send my deposit until I get the GB sold. Thanks.

I bought my Full Throttle directly from Heighway & had it shipped air freight to my door. I couldn't have been happier with my decision. I currently have a deposit on Alien/Aliens LE & will have shipped air freight as well.

1 week later
#6561 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

More Newt? Really? I cant take anymore as time and again this thread has proven that this title is in incompetent hands. I never saw the elusive video and Im sure its cool but I've seen tons of great movie trailers that were ultimately better than the actual movie. Requesting a refund today. Oh wait, I wasn't foolish enough to put down a deposit.

Lol! What are you ten years old? Promise me you'll never play one!!!!!

#6563 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

He'll be first on the phone once the reveal happens.

Exactly!!

2 weeks later
1 week later
#6740 7 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

New interview highlights with Andrew Heighway from Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown right here!
» YouTube video

Well, how was the video?

1 week later
#6851 7 years ago

Wow, that got me excited!! This pin would have to be a total clunk fest to not be great. As good as Full Throttle shoots, I know is going to be a flow monster! Great work David & crew!

2 weeks later
#6995 7 years ago

Crystal Clear & easily replaceable, similar to Creech.

1 week later
#7031 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's your prerogative but it's more than just me you'd be explaining to. I'm not the only one with concerns here. And I think these unanswered questions will linger for you and create doubt. What a pity.

Doubt= Don't Buy!
Confidence= Small Deposit!
Concerned= Wait, try then buy!

It's really quite simple, you're just being an A$$!
Yet, Andrew answered you like a true gentleman.

#7172 7 years ago

This guy is getting excited!!!

030001e3 (resized).jpg030001e3 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#7319 7 years ago

I received an email as well! Woohoo!!
Alien LE #23 coming to Michigan soon!!!

#7394 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Sorry if this has been asked before but does FT or Alien use any kind of technology to fade the LEDs for the inserts? Something like what the LED OCD does?

The lighting on FT is superior in technology to any pin on the market! ALL lights including the G.I. lights are supernova L.E.D.s. Basically the color possibilities are endless & unmatched in the industry, & yes they can fade.

#7399 7 years ago

I don't know the exact specifications on the difference, I believe Aurich does, hopefully he'll see this & chime in.
What I do know as a former WOZ owner & FT owner & having played TH several times, is that there is a difference. There are many More color options, or maybe it's better to say that the spectrum of colors is wider. Many more colors than I've ever seen on a JJP game. For instance when you win a bronze or silver or gold trophy in a challenge, the insert lights that color! Have you ever seen a Silver or bronze insert in a pin before? I haven't.
JJP is 2nd place to Heighway's tech & Stern is a laughable & distant 3rd. There's nothing wrong with JJP's lighting, it's great, but it's not as sophisticated as Heighway's.
Hopefully Aurich or one of Andrew's team will answer your question with more technical data than I have.

1 week later
#7557 7 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Does anybody know if there will need to be a special type or different type of playfield cleaner, with the monitor being in the playfield? Or is it covered (which I'm sure it is with something) so no need to worry about scratching or dulling? Can anyone who has a Full Throttle step up and clarify?
Thanks

The monitor is covered by a clear plastic screen, No special cleaner needed. I waxed & treated it like all of my other pins.

#7627 7 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

I plan on throwing the translite back on when I'm not playing it and off when I am.
But then again I'm a huge dork.

I had thought the same thing with my FT, but once I got it home, I never did. I looks just fine when it is off. Same thing with WOZ & TH, they look fine too.

#7653 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Suspicious my (self-moderated body part*).
For the record, this account has been blocked. Tired of dealing with these dup accounts, really.
When a "new" user comes with this as a first post, no way we can allow it.
Not censoring the contents, just killing the messenger.
* which is fairly generous in my case

I like how you roll, brother!!!

1 week later
#7785 7 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The official Stern name for it is a reverse-o-matic. I call it a halfpipe ramp.

Yep, It's a fun ramp! LOTR & Soprano's has this ramp, it's a rewarding shot.
Pictures look really good of the play field! I'm really excited to see & hear this thing in action!

#7882 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I promise you that no matter how they come from the factory I'll be pulling mine for custom paintwork.

I agree 100% As long as that mechanism works reliably, I can have it painted to my liking. This pin looks great! I'm really excited to see this thing powered up & in action!

I know that the actors & scenes are present in the pin, but do we have an actor doing custom call outs? I.e: Jackpot! Extra Ball! Shoot X!

#7883 7 years ago

This is a quote from the Alien flyer thread, it's a quote from Aurich.

"The actors are in this game, it's absolutely loaded with callouts from the movies, as arranged and planned by David Thiel. His sound code is so nuanced and well thought out. Lots of events feature multiple callouts, and he also directed the voice of Mother, who handles all the non-movie callouts."

So, Mother(the computer) is doing the call outs? What I great idea to make the pin even more immersive!

#7886 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I WILL be ordering the optional door to door air freight! No way I'm sitting around for ten weeks watching you mofos play while my machine plods around the world on a boat.
I think by the end of next week they are changing the main structural materials used on the LE. From then on they will be made from unobtainium.

I had my Full Throttle sent air freight. It only took 7 days to be delivered to my door in Michigan! Don't quote me, but I think it only cost $300! My Alien LE will absolutely be sent air freight!

#7890 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

What's going on with the right inlane/outlane area? Is there no divider between the inlane and outlane? I see a post, but nothing else to separate them. Also, it looks like trapping a ball on the lower right flipper will be tricky. If the ball rolls right too far up the guide, it will fall into the gap and drain (sort of like Future Spa).

Good eye! Very similar to Full Throttle's left outlane, it's tricky but not too hard.

#7954 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I'm not saying it's a deal breaker for a machine, but yes, I prefer a manual plunger over the auto ball launch. It's one of the tactile elements of pinball that is part of the whole experience for me. Just my own opinion, and plenty will disagree. As I said, I'm excited about the potential of this machine and I may be buying one.

I do too, but how else am I going to drop a bomb on those Alien's(think MB, AFM)!? I can't "nuke em" with a plunger, can I?

#7955 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I like skill shots on the plunge - Hobbit, TRON, etc etc. But I have no issues with games that don't have a plunger. MB is my fav that doesn't. If that is the design - that's the design.

Exactly! Monster Bash & AFM use "bomb's". Full Throttle uses the "launch button" for the skill shot & when to use your multipliers. Removing those features from FT & installing a plunger, would impact the game play negatively.
I'll bet in Alien/s you'll use the "launch button" for a bomb. Even better, a Nuke!

#7959 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Actually, for a pistol, a shotgun, a smart gun, a pulse rifle, or a flamethrower. Each must be earned and each one does something different. Use them wisely. Or save them up to increase the value of wizard modes.

Nailed it!!!!

#8037 7 years ago

Just watched the video, looks really good! Makes the other 2 reveals look...... laughable.

#8051 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I saw a live stream and the playfield under real conditions is way cooler

Where is this live stream?

#8140 7 years ago

Agreed. We also need a game play video with the headsets unplugged! I'm sure the experience in person was great wearing those headsets, but it's killing it for the masses on the internet trying to gather information on this pin. We need to See it & Hear it!

#8415 7 years ago

The videos I seen of Alien over the weekend were impressive! I'm more excited than ever to receive my Alien pin!
If Andrew & team can start getting these out the door soon, I think they will see huge sales on this pin. But, they need to start mass producing them ASAP.

Here's a Great video that you can hear the AUDIO in really well in.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210374795023964&id=1165384725

#8422 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I haven't been following that closely but is Heighway capable of producing pins at a quick rate or is it slow going? It seems like for Full Throttle anyway that games kind of trickled out? If they presell 1000 games what do you think the wait time would be for someone new placing an order? I'd be far more prone to order if I knew I could get a game within a few months of ordering.

They have the factory to do so. I think all they need is the orders. So go ahead & order one & let's get this company rolling! Disclaimer: I've had my LE ordered for over a year.

#8426 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So le game art isn't even started... Will need approvals... Major toys are being redesigned.. And production was starting right away... How do people reconcile these facts and claims? Sure seems like alien is a lot further away than the projections of just weeks ago... Which were off from the weeks before that. I just wish the forward looking statements were a bit more realistic

Aurich can crank that out quickly. Plus they have the printer in house, so turnaround will be minimal. Plus you get the standard art as well I believe. LE art is not going to hold up shipping pins. The "airlock" sounded like a place holder for Expo. Dave mentioned a different design they will using, so it's not like, "back to the drawing board" to replace it.

#8480 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You've glossed over the parts they don't control... Approvals and plastic manufacturing. And that Andrew obmitted these things when saying the game was done (for the last month plus) and going into production immediately after approvals.
That's my beef. If it were a placeholder it wouldn't be a tweak that needed to be discovered in play testing... It would have been known. LE features not being even started... Clearly not a new revelation.
Aurich, you talk as if the ripley decision has been known for awhile... Yet you waited till now to start the LE art. If it's been known for awhile, why the delayed start?

Do you have a deposit? If yes, then Beef up!
If No, then wait patiently until machine's start showing up in homes & then make a decision to buy or not to buy. At the end of the day, It's a toy, it's not like it's a "part" I'm waiting for to keep my business going. It's pinball! Andrew has delivered on 1 promise to me already. I received my Full Throttle as promised, in the time frame promised. That might not be everyone's experience, but I'm confident that Heighway will deliver yet again. I have no Beef with Heighway Pinball. Alien looks great & I'm eager to receive mine.

#8595 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So now that we're getting closer to production & the LE artwork is getting created, can someone please comment if Andrew is still considering making a black nickel trim option? That option did have quite a bit of support in this thread a few weeks back.
I'm sure I'm not the only owner who plans on playfield swapping on their Alien LE, and that green trim is so specific to this theme that something more neutral like black nickel would work better with other titles. And while the chrome trim option looks beautiful, it's still pretty pricey. Perhaps their will be some type of mid-tier option, other than the green?
I know trim color is probably last on your priority list right now, but my fingers are crossed for another option

Paint it Pink! I don't give a S*°°*, I just want to play it! Lol

#8752 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

When they initially announced the 27" screen, there was some discussion of putting the translite in front of the screen for the purposes of hiding the screen when the game's off.
I've played Full Throttle at Expo without any special glass and had no problem with reflections from the screen. This was in a well lit room though. It might be different in a dark room.

No difference, you can see it well in any light.

#8753 7 years ago

How about Alien's art for LE customers? Then we would have Alien & Alien's art work to swap out between. Seems like a neat idea.

1 week later
#9030 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats the promo vid, I saw that.

This is probably the best video out there that highlights the audio this pin has to offer. Plus, there are a couple of cool modes as well
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210374795023964&id=1165384725

#9182 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yes, combo systems that reward making them are a lot of fun. Xmen gets that right with the various unique combo callouts and animations.

Yes! X-Men is the King of Combo's!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,799 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zampinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Zampinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.