DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TOK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1169 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I don't think your LE # choice affects the build spot....( I'm 212, but early in the process, so suspect the machines will be built and shipped based on order date, regardless of the #).
Fog machine....right!?!....I'm the same way....have a great spot picked for it....have to wait and see if I pickup an RGB mover ( pro lighting) to take full advantage of any smoke coming off that thing in the room......too cool...mark

I think you guys are kidding, but just in case you're not... Fog machines leave an oily film all over everything, you don't want one running in the same room as your games.

#1174 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This is a great example of the hypocrisy of people regarding the "I'll buy any original theme" line they like to throw around. Full Throttle might as well be a non-licensed game for us here in the states, and obviously Alien is a license. Everyone is clamoring over Alien. That's understandable. But everyone also keeps saying Full Throttle is a bad theme...why?
I'm not into motorcycles, or real life racing of any kind, etc. But I think this game looks fun. There are some really neat shots and why wouldn't you like the concept of a competitive race during the game? How is this game's theme all that different than High Speed or Get Away? Everyone seems to long for the 90s games and their unrestricted themes, and here you have a game that feels like that and most are complaining. I'm not surprised since I've called BS on the "I'll buy any non-licensed game" hyperbole before, but I'm just pointing this out as a great example here with Heighway's games.

I do love motorcycles and racing, it should be a slam dunk to me. Being flat-out honest, I can't get past the art. The fact that its hand drawn should make it even more appealing, but it looks like its lifted from a kids cartoon.

#1179 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Tok is the most negative person in the world. Not sure he even had a childhood. People want original themes that are relatable. Magic, fantasy, sci fi and adventure. Motorcycle racing isn't something most people dream about.

I had a great childhood. I'm just not still living it at 40 with Ninja Turtles bedsheets and Transformer toys all over my room. Do us both a favor and ignore me if you can't handle an honest opinion.

#1344 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

How did a game like Twilight Zone cost $4,000 to make and now this cost over twice that? I just don't get it.

That was 1993. A new Mustang GT was $15,000.

#1359 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha yeah, and that's one of the better ones. I have a whole stack of old poster ideas in the assets Fox gave me.
Check out this bad boy:
ALIEN_KEYART15.jpg

Do you have access to a higher quality image of #5 from this page? Looks like they went through a landmine of semi-cheesy stuff before nailing it!

http://www.platypuscomix.net/hollywood/inspace.html

#1361 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You mean this one? (This is the highest quality I have, no high rez versions of these old images.)
ALIEN_KEYART09.jpg

The one from Attempt #5 in the link... It looks like a dude in spacesuit (or something) all wound up in spider web. Makes me wonder if the original Alien concept was more spider than wasp-like. I'd love to see a good pic of that poster!

#1363 8 years ago

Thats the one... That is a killer image to me, even though the slogan is a stinker!

#1389 8 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

My favorite call out of Stern Star Trek is "Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a pinball wizard". Of course, they had the actor available for custom VO. Since I doubt there will be custom actor VO work for a 35 year old film, you are probably safe.
I personally hope the artistic theme is primarily ALIEN (1979) with play field and mission references from both films.

Tom Skerritt and Harry Dean Stanton (maybe others) did voiceover work for the Alien Isolation video game. Not sure if its affordable for a smaller company like Heighway, but it at least shows the actors don't feel they're above doing it.

PS: My favorite Star Trek call out is "Are you drunk?" I'm not even sure what triggers it, maybe draining right after you start a mode. I've only heard it a few times and it makes me laugh every single time.

#1393 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pin A that has an LCD display over Pin B that doesn't gets my money going forward.
Yeah it's a big F ing deal
How great would TWD or ST be with it?
Sorry, the era of DMD and Atari are OVER!
I played pong in the eighties, I want LCD in my pins now. Obviously some have figured it out.

I feel like I should agree with this, but I kind of find the DMD's sort of charming. I have 65" TV's and super duper smart phones in my face all time. I do still like the old arcade games and stuff too though. If I didn't like that stuff, I don't think pinball would appeal to me either... I'd just be another one of the dozens that ask me why I don't just play Pinball Arcade on the iPad.

My only real frame of reference is WOZ, and the LCD in the backglass always looked kind of tacked on to me. Maybe Stern will implement it better. They will probably just go the Color DMD route. I know a lot of people love it, but thats a lateral move to me.

1 week later
#1505 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

/facepalm. Sometimes I just want to drain these threads...

Sometimes other people want you to as well!

#1553 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

White-woods sounds like a good idea but many people is underwhelmed when seeing a white-wood and that first impression stays with them, so I am not sure bringing white-woods to expo is such a good idea. It is also a lot of extra work, bringing a white-wood all the way from the uk.
A prototype with finished toys and art, sure but not a white-wood.

I agree! Don't show it naked. The layout looks awesome, but the theme sells it... There's always a "next big show" somewhere, it'd be foolish to rush and show an incomplete game in the final phase of development.

#1565 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If the playfield turns out to be a disappointment and doesn't make sense they could always re-theme it to "Prometheus"

You sir, have taken a dark turn... and its hilarious!

1 month later
#1774 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Wow Alien 65 new messages! and then: "Blablablabla"....nothing...

Yea... I saw it and thought new playfield pics or something must've posted. Looks more like a case of inexplicable Summer cabin fever!

5 months later
#4771 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

remember the day when the first time you had a look at a machine was after it was completed and shipped. To all these armchair quarterbacks with their " i would have done this. I doesnt do it for me" comments; go build your own machine.
Let the creative team at Heighway have some fun with this. I'm happy to be along for the ride and appreciate the updates. Looking great guys....cant wait to see this game develop further.

It was Heighways choice to show it. You can't blame the people looking at the pics for seeing them.
I like the art and think its going to be stunning when populated. Hoping I can swing this one!

#4844 8 years ago

Spaderman Vs...

robertcop_(resized).jpgrobertcop_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#5431 8 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Awesome updates! Since guys were posting pics of vintage arcades, I had to share these. Can you guess which two new pinballs I'm excited about?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

That Aliens was originally a Xenophobe. Sorta makes sense!

4 weeks later
#6252 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kaneda emailed me tonight, said that he thought things had gone too far, he admitted his role in it, and asked if we couldn't just squash this. I thought that was big of him to do, credit due where it's deserved. No need to post the details, it's a private email, but that was the heart of it.

Its-A-Trap_(resized).jpgIts-A-Trap_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TOK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=TOK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.